New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Flash, Season 3: My name is Barry Allen and I'm the dumbest man alive

Eobard Thawne is the best supervillain of our times. Who'd have thought a concept as stupid as Flashbutevil could go so far and be so awesome? The losers from Marvel stuff ain't got **** on him (their selling point is their heroes anyway). LoT writers have managed to turn the worst of the cape lot to the best of the cape lot. It's unreal.

Meanwhile, Flash writers have done the reverse. Maybe that's also an Eobard plot...
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Flash, Season 3: My name is Barry Allen and I'm the dumbest man alive

My unasked for thoughts about this episode while i watch it? Sure! here you go.

Spoiler: legends of tomorrow
    Show
    Captain cold suggestion he and Rory go and break out of prison like old times was sure worth a chuckle, what with prison break back and all that.

but i must say, this is a pretty boring way to rewrite reality for a bunch of supervilains... And im not just talking about keeping your enemies alive.

Sarah's actress looks like she is enjoying being the bad guy (girl?) for a change, very silly comic booky indeed.

aaand she is back to being the boring good girl. :(

Rory is starting to look like the most believable person is this team... That can't be a good sign for the show.

Luckily Gideon is getting more and more sentient by the episode, wich is a nice touch to the on board AI thing we see around in sci-fi

And back to stupid villains, Damian got his magic? why the hell didnt he get MORE magic! you had the power to rewrite reality and you go back to something you allready HAD?! I swear this is the lamest reality rewrite ever! *insertsimpsonscomicbookguymeme*

Barrowman! what happend to you! you were so glorious as captain Harkness! why are you such a lame villain! ugh

"climactic battle" i cant say anything coherent about that battle scene

Snart and Rory have something great about them, completely over the top and rediculous, but also the best acting on the show. Good on you guys.

what is even the point with all this rewriting of reality? on flash they allready show multiple dimensions, are those all changed? dont they have a undead speedster hunting Eobard on those?

Now doctor old guy is on the bad guys side? I guess its his turn then.

Captain hunter remembers his olden days as The Doctors sidekick i see, rewiring his timeship and all that. But Zodi is right, that reveal of where the ship is is the best thing to happen this episide.

just... bleh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Flash should hire a servant whose entire job is to follow Barry around, and whenever he suggests time travel as a solution to ANY situation, just slap him in the face.

Same servant can also work for the villains in Legends, and get extra money whenever anyone suggests keeping a hero alive to make him suffer more.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: New Flash Ep.
    Show
    So, Barry is going to go to the future because he thinks learning who Savitar is will somehow give him an advantage and help save Iris. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the A.I. Gideon from the future and still functional? If so, why not ask Gideon what it knows about Savitar before blundering into the future blind?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Can we call the Legends setting the Reverse Flashpoint?
    Now with half the calories!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The New Bruceski View Post
    Can we call the Legends setting the Reverse Flashpoint?
    My idea is call all season of arrowverse as idiot point of new52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

7. - Top - End - #217

I haven't really liked anything since season two of Arrow, and am seriously considering not watching next year. So I'm with you.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

@Rogar did you say you agree with me mate?
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

9. - Top - End - #219

As these people all have Idiot Balls implanted in their skulls, it's really easy to make a case that this is idiocy in weekly form. I bailed on DC (again) after 52, so I presume your New 52 remark means they did that again and it was even worse?

Yeah, I think we're in agreement.

For more positive news, it sounds like Joss Whedon will be directing the Batgirl movie.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if no one else will do it, I will. Another highlight is when Darke and Heywood almost high five.

And unfortunately the episode already named this Doomworld.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Colossus in the Playground

That is a pretty great one. Doomworld is a silly name but it fits.

Also I think I mentioned it before, but it's really worth saying again. This episode was a fascinating little bit of insight into Rory and Captain Cold's characters. Same with the others of course, but mostly the two crime boys.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

I'm convinced Music Meister is actually a Fifth Dimensional being. When asked by HR if he's like from another Earth, he just blows it off and is all you couldn't even begin to understand. If they bring him back I'm hoping he's straight up something crazy like Bat-Mite.
    Last edited by Beleriphon; 2017-04-01 at 10:29 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223

New Legends, cause Flash is taking a break.
    Spoiler
    Show

This was actually a pretty fun season finale? It was a little...murder-y but given the enemies involved it made sense. And in the end, we see that our heroes have learned and changed from this. They're a little unafraid of messing with time. Destiny will wait. So let's get some vay-cay time in Aruba!

Except...not quite. "Oops we broke time" and "What's a Goonie?" are both PRETTY fantastic "end of episode lines".

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: my other time remnant is a paradox too
    Show
    It's against all rules of storytelling to kill Flash's archnemesis in a spinoff that doesn't even have him guest starring. Eobard will be back somehow.

Also Barry Allen has been overshadowed once again by Eobard, and this time in time ****ing department. Now who's the aberration, Thawne? NOW WHO'S THE ABERRATION!

Sarah Lance is why this spinoff show exists at all and she's the protagonist. We've always known it but now it's been made official.

Damien and Malcolm will hopefully come back at some point too. I haven't even watched s3 and 4 of Arrow but I know they ruined the thing, but this Legion of Doom stuff has redeemed them.

And it seems Rip's off the cast for good. I'm fine with it, never really liked him much (when being the regular heroic Rip, his every "other" character was golden).

I still have no idea how the best and the worst of these superhero series switched places like this. I dropped Flash completely a few weeks back and don't miss it at all. What's even going on in the writers rooms.

e: I also don't know why Katie Cassidy keeps coming back after all the stupid **** they've done to her character. I would've walked if I had half that much crap at a job. She must really love comic books.
    Last edited by Pronounceable; 2017-04-05 at 10:06 AM.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Pronounceable View Post
    e: I also don't know why Katie Cassidy keeps coming back after all the stupid **** they've done to her character. I would've walked if I had half that much crap at a job. She must really love comic books.
    "- Hey Katie, you want to come in the studio for a day and make 50 grand?
    - Sure"
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

you know she may be f ing highlander in disguise she survive 4 different deads and still she comes back what we need to kill her omega beam from darkseid or some one needs to shove her to source wall

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by Pronounceable View Post
    Spoiler: my other time remnant is a paradox too
    Show
    It's against all rules of storytelling to kill Flash's archnemesis in a spinoff that doesn't even have him guest starring. Eobard will be back somehow.

Also Barry Allen has been overshadowed once again by Eobard, and this time in time ****ing department. Now who's the aberration, Thawne? NOW WHO'S THE ABERRATION!

Sarah Lance is why this spinoff show exists at all and she's the protagonist. We've always known it but now it's been made official.

Damien and Malcolm will hopefully come back at some point too. I haven't even watched s3 and 4 of Arrow but I know they ruined the thing, but this Legion of Doom stuff has redeemed them.

And it seems Rip's off the cast for good. I'm fine with it, never really liked him much (when being the regular heroic Rip, his every "other" character was golden).

I still have no idea how the best and the worst of these superhero series switched places like this. I dropped Flash completely a few weeks back and don't miss it at all. What's even going on in the writers rooms.

Spoiler
    Show
    The Flash already BEAT Reverse Flash. This entire time he's been running from his lose, and the Legends finally finished him off. I can definitely see him coming back in SOME way though.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

All I could think during the "shrunk Waverider" thing was "Woo Tiny Rip! Woo!"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

So Julian served as a medic in the 'Royal army' eh ? I wonder where that was ?
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Afganistan or Iraq probably, I don't remember the brits being involved in another large scale deployment in the last 10 years

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by leafman View Post
    Spoiler: New Flash Ep.
    Show
    So, Barry is going to go to the future because he thinks learning who Savitar is will somehow give him an advantage and help save Iris. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the A.I. Gideon from the future and still functional? If so, why not ask Gideon what it knows about Savitar before blundering into the future blind?
    Spoiler: Gideon
    Show
    Eobard stole Gideon from the time vault back in Flash season 1. The only thing they have left at STAR Labs is that one newspaper.
    Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    Afganistan or Iraq probably, I don't remember the brits being involved in another large scale deployment in the last 10 years
    Ahh sorry, I should have made it more clear I was being sarcastic. Nobody I have ever heard, and one of my friends is currently serving, refers to the British army as the 'royal army'
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

23. - Top - End - #233

If you don't know, it sounds like a reasonable thing, given the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force.

24. - Top - End - #234

Once And Future Flash has happened.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, that's one hell of a bad future huh? But, there was something gained from it all. Perhaps we'll be able to win this and change the future?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Once And Future Flash has happened.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, that's one hell of a bad future huh? But, there was something gained from it all. Perhaps we'll be able to win this and change the future?
    A skype dialogue with my brother after I had finished the episode and he had not seen it (eastern/western US), regarding his psychic powers.

Spoiler: contains some ep spoilers
    Show

Me: Regarding Flash: OH COME [expletive deleted] ON!
    Brother: Let me guess, they reveal Savitar's identity as "oh we're not gonna tell you, but you'll be SO surprised when you find out."
    Me: ...literally
    Brother: For, you know, certain values of reveal
    Me: Was frost's line in the trailer?
    Brother: Really? I nailed it? Haven't seen the trailer.
    Me: Killer Frost, regarding Savitar's identity: "I'm not gonna tell you, but you're gonna be sooo surprised when you find out."
    Brother: I think I've been watching too many of these shows.

If I didn't know it hadn't aired there yet... He has a knack for doing this too, eerily accurately calling video game twists (even when they're not obvious tropes), etc.

OMG he's Savitar from the future! Only explanation!

26. - Top - End - #236

The...ONLY person it could be based on contextual clues is Barry or Ronnie. No one else makes sense, no one else really fits then criteria of "someone Frost would listen to without question".

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    The...ONLY person it could be based on contextual clues is Barry or Ronnie. No one else makes sense, no one else really fits then criteria of "someone Frost would listen to without question".
    My guess is Ronnie. He disappeared between seasons 1 and 2 when Flash closed the singularity. They were Zoom's enforcers on Earth 2 and I think in the comics, Killer Frost (one of them at least) makes things cold by drawing on heat and was romantically involved with Ronnie's Firestorm.

My other guess would be Hunter Zolomon since Caitlyn fell in love with "Jay Garrick" before finding out he was actually Zoom. Eobard came back so why not "Jay"?
    Professional assassination is the highest form of public service. -- Chiun
    My PadHerder: https://www.padherder.com/user/NukedDuck/
    FFRK FC: qZaG

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So... Less than 8 years and everything is ruined. [Insert Trump joke here]

Regarding Savitar's identity, I refuse to play their game and get hyped by trying to figure out who it might be.
    The show already proved that there is no point in guessing based on anything reasonable.
    A character can literally by in two places at the same time, come from any timeline or alternate universe, and even death or being deleted from the timeline is no more than a minor inconvenience.
    So no, I'm not going to guess, and I'm not thrilled about "you are going to be SO surprised" shtick anymore.
    Either tell us or don't, these "surprises" lost their charm long ago.

What else is there? Oh yeah, emo Flash that kind of reminded me of Spider-man 3.
    And no, that is not a good thing.

BTW, was it ever explained why Frost's powers also influence her behavior in such a drastic way? It doesn't seem to be the case to any other character that had super-powers so far, and we got an average of one per episode so far.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

My guess (based on comic book psych and not IRL psych to be clear) is that Caitlin was traumatized by the explosion, Ronnie's "death" then reappearance then real death and every other meta she knew apart from Barry turning evil (for a while). On top of that she went from a stable job and life to constantly being overwhelmed and put in danger. So when she found out she was a meta a part of her broke and created the Killer Frost identity who doesn't care about anyone and is always in control. I'm guessing her arc will be to finally accept that her powers are a part of her and that she can still be herself with the powers (whether that will remove the white hair, blue contacts and odd voice reverb remains to be seen).

About the episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can buy Barry gradually driving team Flash away when he obsesses over Savitar for 4 years and then not having the will to continue hero-ing after beating him proves empty. Not sure I buy him not being there for Joe. He would have done the stupid CW "He doesn't want to see me because I got his daughter killed and his son broken" thing for a while but not 8 years.

And I still think Savitar is Eddie Thawne. Not quite sure why Killer Frost would just follow him based on that though
    Last edited by thorgrim29; 2017-04-26 at 10:21 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

all clues is there but we need sherlock to solve two plus two is savitar problem. Man this is realy the idiot point of new 52 did barry check the ring in iris's finger no he just started to grieving and vengeance shall be mine mode. If he checked the ring and there is no ring in her finger which means this is not the iris you are looking for slugger go beat savitar and let him race you to were she is you idiot