New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Goblins XVI: Corrupted to the Kore

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I don't even remember when he said that. Maybe the change will be more obvious in hindsight.
    I think it was three pages before the Axe of Prissan got damaged.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

My guess: his idea actually worked. The process is normally only lethal because of the life energy it takes from the teller to sever the bonds or something like that, so fumbles lives. (Or something similar, I'm sure Big Ears can bat-deduction what happened.)

He's still going insane again of course, or turning evil, or he gets tentacles growing out of his body which rape him as he sleeps, or he becomes sensitive to the immense pain radiating out from the hell holes, or anything like that that will remind you you're still reading Goblins, the comic that goes from wow to why in less time than it takes to put out an update. Although to be fair, that's not that fast.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2017-07-25 at 01:58 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    My guess: his idea actually worked. The process is normally only lethal because of the life energy it takes from the teller to sever the bonds or something like that, so fumbles lives. (Or something similar, I'm sure Big Ears can bat-deduction what happened.)

He's still going insane again of course, or turning evil, or he gets tentacles growing out of his body which rape him as he sleeps, or he becomes sensitive to the immense pain radiating out from the hell holes, or anything like that that will remind you you're still reading Goblins, the comic that goes from wow to why in less time than it takes to put out an update. Although to be fair, that's not that fast.
    Now now... being positive is good, but let's be realistic, shall we?
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Now now... being positive is good, but let's be realistic, shall we?
    Okay, maybe he dies to his psychic wounds after healing Ears, making demon boy chief and saying a tearful farewell to Minmax, but that's my final offer.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

5. - Top - End - #545
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    How long for Ears to realize that the Axe broke because of the staff?
    Last edited by Vinyadan; 2017-07-25 at 02:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

6. - Top - End - #546
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I dont suppose there is any D&D class based around pulling in so much energy it transforms the person is there? Like a dr manhatten sort of thing. An energy being, a gestalt entity, something along those lines? I just have this mental image of fumbles turning into this
    Spoiler: Power, Overwhelming!!!
    Show
    Ok, so it looks like my theory is still possible.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    I guess when Thunt said everything changes in three pages, it didn't, huh?
    That wasn't quite what he said, so no, it wouldn't. Not that many people would have expected Thunt's pacing to change, anyway.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

What he means is that horrible things will stop happening for drama's sake. That would be a big change, wouldn't it?

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    What he means is that horrible things will stop happening for drama's sake. That would be a big change, wouldn't it?
    Precisely. What we got, is more in line with same old, same old, just with more Demons.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Banned

So I wonder what kind of transparent, or oddly colored limbs Vorpal is about to get. Pretty sure everyone in the comic is on pace for at least one.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

So I wonder what kind of transparent, or oddly colored limbs Vorpal is about to get. Pretty sure everyone in the comic is on pace for at least one.
    I think that's when you make contract with Demon, no? My vote is legs. Then we have both chicken legs and skelly legs Goblin.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Banned

I think that's when you make contract with Demon, no? My vote is legs. Then we have both chicken legs and skelly legs Goblin.
    Well, no. Kin, Forgath, Minmax, and Dies all have at least one non demon related glowy body part. Sometimes multiple. Thunt really likes that design for some reason.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, no. Kin, Forgath, Minmax, and Dies all have at least one non demon related glowy body part. Sometimes multiple. Thunt really likes that design for some reason.
    Secret theory - Thunt hates himself.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

So either Fumbles becomes more powerful than ever, manages to secure/bind something like a dozen souls when the record was like 4 or 6, and Saves The Day. Or he explodes and the GAP loses another party member

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    How long for Ears to realize that the Axe broke because of the staff?
    Spoiler
    Show
    i'm not convinced that's the case anymore. the staff destroys magical bindings, i don't think the axe counts as.... OOOOhghhh... waaiiit... it's a binding to the DEMON! nevermind.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #556
    Banned

Secret theory - Thunt hates himself.
    Eh...I hate to say things like that. The poor guy has legitimate health issues. Mental health issues are hard enough to deal with, and it can't help to have the internet constantly poking at it every time they don't like a development in the story.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

Eh...I hate to say things like that. The poor guy has legitimate health issues. Mental health issues are hard enough to deal with, and it can't help to have the internet constantly poking at it every time they don't like a development in the story.
    Sure, but honestly, if you have mental health issues that mean you can't take people criticising your work on the Internet, it's a weird choice to publish your work for free on the Internet.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

18. - Top - End - #558
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Guys, I've been re-reading the comic, since the point of MinMax and Forgath releasing Kin in Brassmoon (about the prophecy), and then I got to this comic:

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/06292012

Viper clan's Teller did the chief ritual in Dies Horribly, at least the first step, and it worked. Maybe it's relevant? What if he somehow completes the other steps by himself, before the Goblin party does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

Thunt has a great skill to complicate drawing things for no reason. I didn't consider his actual life or mental issues.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Guys, I've been re-reading the comic, since the point of MinMax and Forgath releasing Kin in Brassmoon (about the prophecy), and then I got to this comic:

http://goblinscomic.com/comic/06292012

Viper clan's Teller did the chief ritual in Dies Horribly, at least the first step, and it worked. Maybe it's relevant? What if he somehow completes the other steps by himself, before the Goblin party does it?
    that wasn't the cheif ritual, that was just a ritual to determine if any of the clans present lacked a cheif or not. With Duv out of the picture and Dies on his own again, i really don't think he has any motive to try and make himself cheif, espesually without a nearby teller handy.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    that wasn't the cheif ritual, that was just a ritual to determine if any of the clans present lacked a cheif or not. With Duv out of the picture and Dies on his own again, i really don't think he has any motive to try and make himself cheif, espesually without a nearby teller handy.
    And we see later that Dies turns down the offer to become chief.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Do you really think Thunt was promising that? If not, then it's wrong to act as if he failed to match what he promised by having horrible things continue to happen.

In any case, Thunt definitely didn't promise that everything would change.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Banned

To be fair, the breaking of the axe is a pretty big change. We're probably actually a lot closer to the end of the comic than the beginning at this point.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Orc in the Playground

I don't know about that. It's been a decade and it still feels like we're in Disc 1 of this RPG.
    Deviantart
    Youtube
    Spoiler
    Show
    Every few years, the yank moviegoing public is greeted with a movie that instantly earns the desirable tag of "One of the Scariest Movies Ever Made!" This designation accustomed be reserved for less than the foremost special of terror tales — psychotic, The Exorcist, Alien — however currently, it is a catch phrase combat, Saw, The Descent, Paranormal Activity, Insidious, Sinister — the list goes on. (But no Jack and Jill? What the hell?) -A Wise Adbot

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Do you really think Thunt was promising that? If not, then it's wrong to act as if he failed to match what he promised by having horrible things continue to happen.

In any case, Thunt definitely didn't promise that everything would change.
    In three pages, Goblins changes forever.
    Yeah, he promised things would change, forever. That implies a large permanent change. Since you'll probably dispute this, e.g. you can't say on Twitter, MY COMIC CHANGES FOREVER, and have main character break a leg and have to wear prosthetic, without having any impact on rest of the comic.
    Adding more Demons, or Goblins taking place in hell is kinda meh to be honest. We already had Goblinslayer, that's close enough to hell for Goblins if you think about it. Biggest change to Goblins so far is the new colorist.

Not to mention the Axe of Prissan is kinda weird, and makes me think Demons are idiots. Why concoct such an elaborate trap, if all you need is just a paladin soul to feed on? But I digress.
    Last edited by -D-; 2017-07-26 at 08:40 AM.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Banned

Yeah, he promised things would change, forever. That implies a large permanent change. Since you'll probably dispute this, e.g. you can't say on Twitter, MY COMIC CHANGES FOREVER, and have main character break a leg and have to wear prosthetic, without having any impact on rest of the comic.
    Adding more Demons, or Goblins taking place in hell is kinda meh to be honest. We already had Goblinslayer, that's close enough to hell for Goblins if you think about it. Biggest change to Goblins so far is the new colorist.

Not to mention the Axe of Prissan is kinda weird, and makes me think Demons are idiots. Why concoct such an elaborate trap, if all you need is just a paladin soul to feed on? But I digress.
    He built the axe up for a long time though. Having it break is a pretty big deal within the context of the story. Isn't hell bleeding into the world or something now? We just haven't seen much of it because no time has passed.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Colossus in the Playground

He built the axe up for a long time though. Having it break is a pretty big deal within the context of the story. Isn't hell bleeding into the world or something now? We just haven't seen much of it because no time has passed.
    We have already seen its getting worse. First was the hell bleeding into the environment, then came the flea demon, now we just had a LOT of flea demons. I would think its likely that as soon as vorpal gets some heals cast, the next level of demon will make its appearance shortly afterward. Maybe even not-walter. That would make for an interesting excuse for kore to show up and "help" Greater evil and all that. Though I doubt it would work that way, kore is pretty crazy. The instant not-walter dies/is banished, he would turn on them as well.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

28. - Top - End - #568
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey, glacial pacing is the better part of virtue.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

In terms of decor, yeah. In terms of tone? Not really.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that would be nice. But i'm skeptical...
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.