New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Brotherhood WW: Victorian Age

Day has ended. Please do not post until narration is up.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ugh, god, guys, I'm not even busy, just tired and I have a low attention span. I'll be done soon, I promise.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Barnaby's afternoon tea was interrupted by Sgt. Troy as the young man bolted into his office, clearly out of breath.

"Come on sir," he cried."You've got to come to the square, its a bloody riot!"

Troy wasn't far off. The Square was in an uproar, people shouting and screaming everywhere you went. They were holding a man restrained, preparing a makeshift gallows for him.

"Stop, stop damn you,"Barnaby screamed, trying to struggle against the breaking tide of jostling bodies.To no avail, he was unable to approach the stage. In fact, some of the stronger members of the crowd held him back.

"This is murder,"Barnaby cried,"What you're doing is no better than the Ripper!"

One of the crowd led the bound man, Erik, up to the podium.

"Do you deny the accusation of murder?" he asked the silent young man.

"No." Erik stated, as the crowd begin to pelt him with fruit, rocks, and whatever they could get their hands on. The crowd roared for him to hang.

"Any last words?" his executioner asked.

"There is more than one killer," Erik called out, trying to make himself heard despite the crowds' deafening noise. "They walk among you, hidden, taking the shape of men. You don't know what has come to London, what evil lurks within it. You look for one man, but you should be searching for them. They do not stop, they do not rest, they only-"

The man was cut short as the platform dropped from under him. While the crowd reached a fever pitch, Barnaby looked away. He felt sick to his stomach.

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    ThePhantom was lynched. They were The Brotherhood Survivor.

Day Three has now ended. Night Four begins now and will end in 24 hours.

Night will be extended to 48 hours if not all Night-Actions are received within 24 hours, but do your best. As I mentioned earlier, Day One did not count towards auto-lynched, but Days 2 and 3 did. I will post with the beginning of Day four the list of players who have missed voting Day 2 and 3, and thus must vote Day 4 to not be auto lynched.

Also:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the results of this day's lynch, the Contact has their secrecy restriction lifted.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is the 'Oh ****'-moment...

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by norman250 View Post
    Ugh, god, guys, I'm not even busy, just tired and I have a low attention span. I'll be done soon, I promise.
    If you're tired, I'd just delay one day or night phase to end at a better time of day.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    ...my default assumption is that village power roles will claim if they need to.
    Well I learned my lesson I guess.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

Good luck. As for claiming, I dislike doing so, it feels unfair. It might have saved me, but I didn't think of that until later and by then too many people had voted and wouldn't change by that time.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    If you're tired, I'd just delay one day or night phase to end at a better time of day.
    Ssshh, sshh, no, that would make too much sense.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground

It was turning into another long night for Agnes...

Anyone who looked up at her aged abode could see her sitting upon the balcony, staring down at what remained of the device that took a man's life. And what of his last words? Other creatures in the shape of humans?...A great evil... the mere thoughts sent shivers down her spine. Then her thoughts drifted to "More than one killer"...

- - - - - - - - -

She and Amos were walking into the warehouse to check on Douglas.
    ...That's odd.
    What's odd?
    Ed. He usually runs out to greet me when I visit, or at least I can hear his barking.
    Could he be asleep?
    Ed only rests when Douglas does.
    Agnes, standing still, ...Isn't it rude to just go running into someone else's place?
    Amos, turning to face her, Come on, Aggie. It's fine if you're scared, but don't let it stop you. Look, my whiskers have been tingling all day. The last time it happened, the ship I was on was in danger from a storm.
    What's so bad about a storm?
    I don't think its about me or the weather this time; I think Douglas is in grave danger...We should hurry...

- - -

It all happened so fast...

First they found Edmund, who had been beaten senseless and had his mouth strapped shut. They tried to rouse him, but to no avail. Who would do this to Edmund?

*crash* *thud*

The same kind of person who would want to rough up Douglas.

Up and down, over and between crates, they ran towards the sound. From there, much was a blur. They found Douglas being roughed up by a bunch of thugs. One was about to slash him with a razor when Amos leapt at the man's head.

- - -

The next thing she remembers is waking in a birdcage next to Ed, still unconscious, with Amos nowhere in sight.

Bert, you okay?
    Yeah, just some scratches. Where did the other little blighter go?
    "e ran outside. Probably figured 'e could do nuthin' to us and turned tail.
    Now Douglas... back to business. Where you you keep the valuables?
    Douglas, tied up in a chair. Like I'd tell you lot. You'll kill me after I tell you.

Agnes, meowing and looking around, Amos? Amos? Where are you?
    Shaddup you stupid cat! or you'll swim with the fish in the Thames!
    Agnes fell silent.

Kill you? Maybe eventually, Bert smiles evilly, but I'm sure there's a lot we can do to you and your pets before then.

Well? What do you say?
    ------
    Your choice. Looking over at Ed and Agnes, smirking. I hear dogs can swim, but can cats?...Come to think of it, maybe the cat should have a swimming buddy. I hear its safer to swim in pairs. Oliver, Cromm, throw them in.
    Right away, boss. Come 'ere kitty. I don't bite.

*fweet*
    Wait, you guys hear that?
    I didn't hear nuthin'

*fweet* *fweet*
    There it is again.

Bert, walking away from DouglasLet me listen,
    *fweet* *fweet* *FWEET*
    Maybe it's a teakettle?
    No you idiot, it's-

*FWEET* as a man steps into the doorway, clad in a constable's dress. Amos is peering in from the window. The whistle falls from the man's lips. "Alright, laddies, the gib is up. You got the whole local constabulary surrounding' ya. It's your choice whether you blokes want to do this the easy way or the hard way."

- - - - - - - - -
    Last edited by Grand Arbiter; 2016-09-04 at 02:03 PM. Reason: typos

10. - Top - End - #220
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'll be extending night 24 hours this phase, as it looks like the late start to the night has not left a lot for PRs to pick their targets, so hopefully they'll now be able to decide what they wish to do.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

The two constables leaned on a street lamp, sharing a cigar. One lazily held up an old umbrella, sparing him barely a few drops of rain.

"Another boring night,"he sighed, "cards then?"

"Nah," his partner replied, "If Barnaby catches us playing cards again, instead of doin' our jobs, he'll have our heads, he will."

The first constable cursed and spat,"Damn Banarby, the bloody Irish git. It's not like he spends nights out on patrol. I bet he's snuggled up under the blankets right now."

The two jolted upright as the heard a crashing sound coming from the alley.

"Hey Rookie!"the second Constable called,"you done reliving yourself yet? Like a damn race horse, you are."

The two exchanged worried looks over the resulting silence.

"Rookie?"

As the two Constables carried forward into the alley, they saw a cloaked man crouched over their fellow officer, a syringe in his hand.

"Hey, you there, stop!" the first Constable cried, as he bolted down the alley. While he chased the assailant, the second Constable crouched over his fallen ally.

"You okay, Rook?"he asked, slapping the young man's face,"Barnaby'll bloody kill me if you die on your first stakeout."

With a spurting cough, the young man opened his eyes.

"I'm all right. Just."

Spoiler: Summary
    Show
    It was a quiet night.

Night Three has ended. Day Four begins now and ends in Forty Eight hours.

Spoiler: Players who must vote this day phase
    Show
    BasketOfPuppies; Eggel; Syldar

Spoiler: Players who have missed one day
    Show
    jellyfishbear

12. - Top - End - #222

Think it's time to put some pressure on the inactives to see if they'll talk.
    BasketofPuppies, how many of your litter are half wolf?
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2016-09-06 at 05:05 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Think it's time to put some pressure on the inactives to see if they'll talk.
    BasketofPuppies, how many of your litter are half wolf?
    I fully agree that the inactives need to speak, but right now I'm curious about Kish. Something feels off about them and how they're playing. They seem less solve-y than usual, but still trying to keep up the façade of helpful town.

I'll try to get back to this later. I need to go finish some homework.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Colossus in the Playground

OOC: Well, for the first time since the game started, I have a serious suspicion, Libro. First there’s the “if I was a wolf I’d immediately self-vote” thing earlier—making a blanket claim that nothing they do should be regarded as wolfy behavior strikes me as thoroughly wolfy behavior. Then there was that most recent post implying through roleplay that Agnes is cozy with the mason/constables, but not actually a mason/constable herself—enough weight to be a reason to trust her, enough plausible deniability to get away with “I never claimed or soft-claimed being part of any sort of mason network.” And now that I think about it, I wonder if the whole “cat” persona is also meant to make people reluctant to vote for her. (I know it would work on me, if I didn’t feel so much like I’m being manipulated at this point.)

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Did a re-read of both Kish and Libro due to the two voting for each other. Kish seems worse to me, but I'll vote BasketofPuppies first.

I barely even skim roleplay, so arguments based on that have no weight for me.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

I must be crasy to saythis, but murska look's right to me. Kish
    And the inactiv will get eighter autolynched or they show up last minut to save their pelt.
    Last edited by Generic-Guy; 2016-09-05 at 09:37 AM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm town, but I'm not sure how I can prove it. I've been playing as I have in the two previous games I've been in; I'm alarmed that we haven't found any wolves yet, but I've been doing what little I can without a power role. When I see something that looks suspicious to me, I point it out. Saying "RP can't be meant to sway anyone" is more than a little ridiculous when ThePhantom explicitly mentioned they hide clues in RP.

Look at my posts, look at Libro's posts that I pointed out, ideally look at everyone's posts, and judge for yourselves; barring something big I'm relatively unlikely to change my vote today.
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-09-05 at 09:06 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

I fly over the posts again. My result: Tl:Dr Most is random pointing made out of loosley conlusions and what if's...
    Short: mostly RP points to find someting out and that is to less for me...

Nobody can 'proof' town. Towns play scummie to not look to town since scum tryes to become invisible in the mass of panic, chaos and confuson. Just as they planed...

The only hope i see is a lucky kill for us, what is getting more and more away since the scum gain more infulence when town sinks, OR that the sherlock manage to build a counterforce to hunt them down.

"WE ARE DOOMED!"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Healthy distrust in Murska.
    Last edited by Indarra; 2016-09-06 at 05:10 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Halfling in the Playground

So, between work, school, and the school play, I'm spending well over 70 hours a week doing something, so I don't really have a lot of time to do this. After this game I'm probably going to spend some time away from the forum, or at least the structured games. I'm actually just a Londoner. I'm gonna put some pressure on Eggel to try to get them to talk.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Not much point in voting for Eggel BOP, they're a day away from autolynching. I'll vote for Indarra. That reason for a vote wasn't much of a reason at all.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I'm town, but I'm not sure how I can prove it. I've been playing as I have in the two previous games I've been in; I'm alarmed that we haven't found any wolves yet, but I've been doing what little I can without a power role. When I see something that looks suspicious to me, I point it out. Saying "RP can't be meant to sway anyone" is more than a little ridiculous when ThePhantom explicitly mentioned they hide clues in RP.

Look at my posts, look at Libro's posts that I pointed out, ideally look at everyone's posts, and judge for yourselves; barring something big I'm relatively unlikely to change my vote today.
    I'm saying RP reasons don't sway me for the simple reason that I don't always read RP. YMMV.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Halfling in the Playground

Not much point in voting for Eggel BOP, they're a day away from autolynching. I'll vote for Indarra. That reason for a vote wasn't much of a reason at all.
    Wasn't that people's reasoning for voting for me though?

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to stick on Indarra. A D1 seeming vote on D4 doesn't help.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wasn't that people's reasoning for voting for me though?
    Yes, and I would have voted for them for that except you showed up and proved it not to be the case.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Don't have time to roleplay or write responses right now, hopefully next morning. autolycusfel for the same reasons as before.

27. - Top - End - #237

Indarra because I don't see any reason not to trust Murska yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

That's fair.
    jellyfishbear for someone who's been under the radar and inactive but won't be autolynched.
    Last edited by Indarra; 2016-09-06 at 05:58 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

Agnes was inside today while the balcony was being repainted. She was laying in her bed thinking.

So many memories from years ago...

I wonder what Ed is up to now...
    she muses, almost smiling. Probably napping or laing at Douglas's feet. Oh the tales that she could spin were she able to write. Tales of her brief adventures in the city with Amos and Ed...

But what of the here and now?... such violence, practically on my doorstep. And that odd sensation in the middle of the square?... Agnes yawned. I shall check it tonight, on my way back from an errand. But for now, I need rest.

((OOC: Just RP for now))

30. - Top - End - #240
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I cast SUMMON AUTOLYNCH REPLACEMNET! (I'm just gonna let myself get killed. Never been good at determining intention based on a few things of text.)
    I am a Neutral Good Elf Druid/Wizard

: "Disintegrate. Gust of wind. Now can we please resume saving the world?"
    : "Your approval fills me with shame."
    Never, EVER pick up a duck in a dungeon!