New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    That's pretty much my theory as well, which raises the question of why Peridot is this way. Is Homeworld trying to cover up a resource shortage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Unless you meant that the resource shortage is the cover up, no. The reasource shortage seems well known by Homeworld Gems.
    Homeworld could be truly dying on the geologic scale of the planet self-destructing, and making weaker gems is their way of staving off the inevitable loss of homeworld? Could be why Yellow diamond wanted that planet-sized superweapon. End whatever conflict Homeworld is having so they can get back to resource harvesting on other planets.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

That's more or less my guess. Homeworld truly IS having a resource shortage and that's no secret. the Cluster was a way to rapidly destroy and harvest planets and/or defeat enemies quickly while getting rid of the earth to boot.

While i kind of don't want the show to get into it too much, i'll bet that the Gems are fighting some other galactic empire that's slowly winning against them. Not sure.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The cluster kind of seems like a fairly impractical weapon to use on any planet other than Earth, given how many gems need to be shattered to make it work
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #484

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    While i kind of don't want the show to get into it too much, i'll bet that the Gems are fighting some other galactic empire that's slowly winning against them. Not sure.
    I think of the Gems as originally former weapons of some previous alien race that died off. Their "reproduction" cycle doesn't seem to be a natural one, requiring machines to start the process.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    The cluster kind of seems like a fairly impractical weapon to use on any planet other than Earth, given how many gems need to be shattered to make it work
    Well it's not like they intentionally went around shattering gems just to add to the cluster. They had a huge gem cival war lately and probably more then a few shattered gems from before or after, they probably just thought "Hey, these shards still have some power in them, lets make some use out of them!" So they clued them all together into the cluster.

Most likely the resulting form would have been larger then the Earth itself, and couls easily chew through planets Galactus-style.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I think of the Gems as originally former weapons of some previous alien race that died off. Their "reproduction" cycle doesn't seem to be a natural one, requiring machines to start the process.
    Agreed.

Re: Peridot's Powers.

My personal interpritation is that Peridot wasn't absorbing any sort of power from the Earth itself, i don't think it works like that. I think she was just sort of a fluke. She wasn't supposed to have any powers due to the shortage, but due to the chaos of "birth" in any species, genes (or whatever Gems have) shift about or mutate into different forms wether you like it or not. So while Peridot wasn't designed to have powers, she got them in the end but never realized it until her limb enhancers were gone and she needed it to save her tablet.

You'll notice that her ferrokinesis is very weak, she can move a can around fine and dandy, but any bigger and the best she can do is jiggle it a little. This is probably due to the fact that she's not supposed to have these powers to begin with. She might be able to exersise this muscle to make it stronger, but i doubt she'll be pulling off any magnito stunts anytime ever.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well it's not like they intentionally went around shattering gems just to add to the cluster. They had a huge gem cival war lately and probably more then a few shattered gems from before or after, they probably just thought "Hey, these shards still have some power in them, lets make some use out of them!" So they clued them all together into the cluster.

Most likely the resulting form would have been larger then the Earth itself, and couls easily chew through planets Galactus-style.
    That's sort of my point. It has to have been a spontaneous one off event, it cant have been part of a larger gem plan to wage war on other planets.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Well actually it could have, imagine.

Gems fight war with unknown enemies.

Gems shatter.

Gems fight cival war + unknown enemies

More gems shatter.

Cival war nears it's end. Gems still fighting unknown enemies. Begin forced fusion experiments.

Cival war ends, Cluster grows, still fighting unknown enemies.

Cluster hatches, earth destroyed, Gems point cluster at unknown enemies.

Cluster just hulk-smashes many planets.

The cluster isn't a one-trick pony. It incubates inside and destroys the earth yes, but it's still a weapon AFTER that. IT's bigger then a planet! with thousands of arms like an elderich horror! All they need to do is point it at the enemy and watch it chew them to bits. If they're loosing a fight, then the cluster could be sent in to easily clear out entire fleets of ships all on it's own, and with so many fragments inside it and it's already chaotic nature, plus with how dense it's "gem" is, poofing or shattering it is next to impossible.

The Cluster wasn't a waste, it was an investment.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Colossus in the Playground

You'll notice that her ferrokinesis is very weak, she can move a can around fine and dandy, but any bigger and the best she can do is jiggle it a little. This is probably due to the fact that she's not supposed to have these powers to begin with. She might be able to exersise this muscle to make it stronger, but i doubt she'll be pulling off any magnito stunts anytime ever.
    It was strong enough to shoot a metal spike through ultra durable Jasper and poof her, once the spike was loose that is.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

that still took a lot out of her, she was the equivilent to panting for breath wasn't she? Humans are capable of incredible strength thanks to adrenaline, likely a simmiler thing forced the metal-moving muscle into overdrive for Jasper. wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't able to metal-bend for a short while after that.

Edit: Just checked. looks like that wasn't the case. She just kind of shot it at her, though it was a relatively small / thin peice of metal, just shot at a very fast speed. Still likely "adrenaline", but not the whole heavy breathing thing, my mistake.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2017-01-02 at 07:03 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well actually it could have, imagine.

Gems fight war with unknown enemies.

Gems shatter.

Gems fight cival war + unknown enemies

More gems shatter.

Cival war nears it's end. Gems still fighting unknown enemies. Begin forced fusion experiments.

Cival war ends, Cluster grows, still fighting unknown enemies.

Cluster hatches, earth destroyed, Gems point cluster at unknown enemies.

Cluster just hulk-smashes many planets.

The cluster isn't a one-trick pony. It incubates inside and destroys the earth yes, but it's still a weapon AFTER that. IT's bigger then a planet! with thousands of arms like an elderich horror! All they need to do is point it at the enemy and watch it chew them to bits. If they're loosing a fight, then the cluster could be sent in to easily clear out entire fleets of ships all on it's own, and with so many fragments inside it and it's already chaotic nature, plus with how dense it's "gem" is, poofing or shattering it is next to impossible.

The Cluster wasn't a waste, it was an investment.
    ... How would they get a planet sized gem entity to another planet?

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Same way they get starships to other planets?

or you know... give it a push.

... maybe it would have natural flgiht powers.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2017-01-02 at 07:04 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492

So, um, some previews dropped. I don't know if they're official or leaks, but
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gregb thinks that thinking that Diso's coming back is as big a mistake as starting a war.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

All of the January episodes have already been released. I don't know if it's official release but they're out there somewhere.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

i don't know about preveiws but uhhh... Apparently five whole episodes are out?

nooot sure if they're supposed to be or not. supposedly they're all on the cartoon network app sooo *shrugs*
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495

This is PRETTY clearly a leak, so let's not discuss it guys?

Like yes, it's on the Cartoon Network ap, but the ap also says the episodes where aired at the times they're SUPPOSED to be aired...so they're clearly NOT supposed to be accessible.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2017-01-03 at 02:52 AM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah no worries, i'm not going to discuss it.

i mean, i've watched them all already... not going to discuss it until they're "supposed" to be out tho.

Crewniverse has some major piping problems with all these leaks. they should call a plumber.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Question Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

They need to call up Sakurai and ask him how he kept the "Cloud is in Smash Brothers" news from leaking

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Well it's gotta be that someone on their team is doing it isn't it? i'd assume that that'd be the only way you'd be able to take entire episodes and release them to the public early.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well it's gotta be that someone on their team is doing it isn't it? i'd assume that that'd be the only way you'd be able to take entire episodes and release them to the public early.
    All you need is access to whatever network or device theyre keeping the episodes on, it doesn't necessarily have to be legitimate access. Though I would think that if youre hacking into Cartoon Network, you would go after something beyond just unreleased episodes.

20. - Top - End - #500

All you need is access to whatever network or device theyre keeping the episodes on, it doesn't necessarily have to be legitimate access. Though I would think that if youre hacking into Cartoon Network, you would go after something beyond just unreleased episodes.
    You'd think, but when your only validation comes from watching cartoons maybe that's all you NEED to do. To be truthful it just looks like someone may or forgot to carry the one and things that were supposed to be posted in the coming weeks just got posted earlier. Still a leak, but probably more accidental.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

It's probably not malicious. Cartoon Network is apparently just bad at managing things. Didn't this happen with the last leak too? One of the international affiliates aired early?
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

22. - Top - End - #502

Okay, caught up so that I, too, can not say anything. :3

Except that the Gems kind of remind me of Stargate's goa'uld with their method of interplanetary networks. Just a few ships are needed to reach a planet, and there they build a teleportation array to connect back to Homeworld and the other colonies...

...yea, I'm a little behind on making parallels.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Okay, caught up so that I, too, can not say anything. :3

Except that the Gems kind of remind me of Stargate's goa'uld with their method of interplanetary networks. Just a few ships are needed to reach a planet, and there they build a teleportation array to connect back to Homeworld and the other colonies...

...yea, I'm a little behind on making parallels.
    No no, I understood it completely. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Goa'uld setting up the interplanetary teleporers in Stargate, but I'm on board with the analogy.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah the stargates were made by a race of human-like people called Ancients fittingly. The Goa'uld just found the gates after the Ancient's extinction and started using them and claiming them as their own. the Wraith in Stargate Atlantis did the same.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2017-01-03 at 09:30 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

No no, I understood it completely. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Goa'uld setting up the interplanetary teleporers in Stargate, but I'm on board with the analogy.
    The Ancients were the ones who set up the Stargate network. Which is one of many reasons there are planets the Goa'uld have never been to that still have them.

But yes, good analogy.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Early release steven bomb spoilers
    Show
    Spoiler: No seriously. Serious spoilers ahead.
    Show
    Back during "The Answer" Blue Diamond is apparently willing to shatter Ruby for fusing with Sapphire. But in "That Will be All" we see that she has kept countless poofed rose quartz gems, rather than shatter them, much to Yellow Diamond's disdain. This makes me wonder just how much of "The Answer" is accurate. While it's probably correct in general terms, Garnet may be misremembering parts, or have had some aspects of the story embellished over time. Either way, it's interesting to see Blue Diamond properly.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    Spoiler: Early release steven bomb spoilers
    Show
    Spoiler: No seriously. Serious spoilers ahead.
    Show
    Back during "The Answer" Blue Diamond is apparently willing to shatter Ruby for fusing with Sapphire. But in "That Will be All" we see that she has kept countless poofed rose quartz gems, rather than shatter them, much to Yellow Diamond's disdain. This makes me wonder just how much of "The Answer" is accurate. While it's probably correct in general terms, Garnet may be misremembering parts, or have had some aspects of the story embellished over time. Either way, it's interesting to see Blue Diamond properly.
    Spoiler: Response
    Show
    Spoiler: No seriously SUPER SPOILERS
    Show
    As stated in the episode, she kept the Rose Quartzes bubbled because they remind her of Pink Diamond. They're a link to memories of her departed sister. Also she might have changed her stance on Shattering after seeing it happen before her eyes. No contradictions here.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ettin in the Playground

So, what would be the proper ranking of the Crystal Gems according to Homeworld?

I think it goes something like this:
    * Sapphire (aristocrat)
    * Rose Quartz (general)
    * Amethyst (lieutenant)
    * Bismuth (artificer)
    * Peridot (engineer)
    * Ruby (soldier)
    * Pearl (servant)

I can't figure out Lapis Lazuli. She is seriously OP, and her recent mention in a certain song gives her an important role, but she gets zero respect from other gems.

29. - Top - End - #509

Quote Originally Posted by Millstone85 View Post
    I think it goes something like this:
    * Sapphire (aristocrat)
    * Rose Quartz (general)
    * Amethyst (lieutenant)
    * Bismuth (artificer)
    * Peridot (engineer)
    * Ruby (soldier)
    * Pearl (servant)
    Jaspers are probably up there with Amethysts.

Quote Originally Posted by Millstone85 View Post
    I can't figure out Lapis Lazuli. She is seriously OP
    Well, to be fair she is only OP if there's water around, and Earth is covered in the stuff. If It could Have Been Great is a typical model for colony construction, then most Homeworld colonies don't have water, and that'll make Lapis rather useless.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2017-01-05 at 10:43 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #510

Spoiler: Leaked episodes spoiler
    Show
    What was that mention of Lapis in the song? I missed it.

Also, the two giant Diamond warships next to the Zoo station made me hope, for one brief moment, that the Diamonds' flagships fuse into Voltron, until I remembered that there's only three, and the green Gem warship we saw was also a hand, so it's likely that all the Gem ships are either hands or eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting