New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Steven UnIVerse: 4shadowing

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    Chaotic Evil: Malachite (for what time she existed as her own 'unit' in Super Watermelon Island)
    You take that back Malakitty is a precious watermelon! T.T
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

One of the few times we saw that precious smile being from happiness

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Wasn't she mocking how puny and pathetic the watermelons were being in that scene?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

She was. Taking delight in how ignorable their attempt at stopping her were.

Incidentally, I'm gonna take a new stab on Centipeetle's actual gem. Rose Quartz (kind of), Smokey Quartz, Jasper (a type of quartz), Amethyst (also a type of quartz) and the corrupted Quartz gems all have long, free-flowing hair. Centipeetle has the same free-flowing hair that seems typical for Quartz gems. I'm taking a stab now that Centipeetle was Vermarine before she was corrupted by the diamonds.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Looks more like this to me; Trapiche Emerald.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    Incidentally, I'm gonna take a new stab on Centipeetle's actual gem. Rose Quartz (kind of), Smokey Quartz, Jasper (a type of quartz), Amethyst (also a type of quartz) and the corrupted Quartz gems all have long, free-flowing hair. Centipeetle has the same free-flowing hair that seems typical for Quartz gems. I'm taking a stab now that Centipeetle was Vermarine before she was corrupted by the diamonds.
    In addition, it's a green quartz.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Peridot with future vision might be fun to watch.

It would take a fusion, though.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

She was. Taking delight in how ignorable their attempt at stopping her were.

Wasn't the implication of that episode that Centipeetle was from Homeworld, having arrived on a ship later in the rebellion? All quartz are from Earth I believe unless I misinterpreted what's been said in the show, so they couldn't be a quartz.

Quote Originally Posted by Friv
    What makes you think Bismuth is willing to kill her friends for any resistance?

The only person she tries to kill is Steven, and she tries to kill Steven because she decides that he really is Rose Quartz, and she's mocking Bismuth by pretending to be this kid, after having betrayed her, beaten her up, locked her in a box and then lied to everyone about what happened.

All of the evidence is that Rose hit first, the first time around. Bismuth was very confused and disoriented when she de-bubbled.
    What makes you think Rose hit first? All evidence points to Bismuth as the aggressor as I see it, and as I'm fairly sure was concluded by others when the episode came out.

And even if that wasn't true she still did nothing "good" at any point. Still at best neutral either way.
    Last edited by MorgromTheOrc; 2016-09-07 at 03:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Aeons View Post
    I'd kill to own a sourcebook for this: Over 9000 pages, mostly filler.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    Looks more like this to me; Trapiche Emerald.
    Could be. Could be. We haven't seen any emeralds in the show yet though, so hard to say if there's an archetype for them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Shoggoth View Post
    In addition, it's a green quartz.
    That's basically my argument. :p Centipeetle was a green quartz AKA Vermarine soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by MorgromTheOrc View Post
    Wasn't the implication of that episode that Centipeetle was from Homeworld, having arrived on a ship later in the rebellion? All quartz are from Earth I believe unless I misinterpreted what's been said in the show, so they couldn't be a quartz.
    Yes. Centipeetle came from Homeworld, but I've no idea where you got that all quartz must come from earth. I've never seen it implied anywhere that a specific type of gem must come from a specific planet.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Colossus in the Playground

Actually, hm.

Spoiler
    Show

The only gems we've seen born on Earth are Quartz. Jasper - check. Amethyst - check. Rose? Probably check. Steven sort of counts too. What other gems were grown on Earth? What other Quartzes weren't?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. All the gems who we currently know where they were born were all Quartzes and they were all born on earth. But that's hardly proper indication of anything. It also makes sense for there to be lots of Quartzes born on earth. It's our second most common mineral after all.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Also all the Quartzes we have seen have been Pink Diamond's, so the hairstyle might just be part of her glam rock aesthetic and not a Quartz-specific thing.

I guess the most common theory would be that Centipeetle is a Nephrite, based on the cut of the gem and Bismuth's phrase about a Nephrite and a cockpit.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I thought the implication was that Centipeetle and her crew were sent to build things, similarly to Bismuth but presumably in a more architectural sense. (Given what she drawing for Steven.)
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. All the gems who we currently know where they were born were all Quartzes and they were all born on earth. But that's hardly proper indication of anything. It also makes sense for there to be lots of Quartzes born on earth. It's our second most common mineral after all.
    That there was a war going on, of course they'd make a lot of soldiers to fight in it on the planet that was being fought over. And since Quartzes are high on the hierarchy, why not? Might as well make them over something low on it from their perspective.

Though I wonder by this logic, if the Diamonds are causing the resource shortage to try and make a second Pink Diamond? Diamonds seem to be the only people they don't consider expendable. What if they don't know how to make one and are diverting a lot of resources to figure out how to make another Pink Diamond, based on the logic that they'd rather have higher-caste Gems over lower caste ones? And a fourth Diamond is something they'd rather have over a lot of Gems, we haven't seen White Diamond yet after all, she could have a different perspective from both Blue and Yellow, especially since the Diamonds seem to be an odd mirror to the Crystal Gems, Pearl, Amethyst and Garnet having to deal with the loss of Rose, their leader for Steven's existence. While the Diamonds have to deal with the loss of their probably youngest least inexperienced member in comparison, and Yellow Diamond clearly isn't dealing with her loss in any healthy manner by taking it out on Earth, so White Diamond might not be dealing with it in any healthy way by trying to make Pink Diamond 2.0.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

It's probably a trapiche emerald, judging from the black stripe.

And maybe the high quartz production was another important quality of Earth as a Colony?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
    One of the few times we saw that precious smile being from happiness
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Wasn't she mocking how puny and pathetic the watermelons were being in that scene?
    She was having fun battle. Simple math.

Lapis loves fun.
    Jasper loves battle.
    Malachite loves fun and battle.
    Ergo, she love having fun during battle. She was loving fighting Alexandrite. She probably would have let the Watermelon Stevens mess around more if they didn't try to tie her down (which is a big no no, Malakitty hates that).
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Malachite might also have inherited Lapis' affection for Steven.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    Malachite might also have inherited Lapis' affection for Steven.
    She also tried to eat (and kill) Watermelon Steven at the beginning of Season 3. Totally seems like an affectionate thing to do.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Well I don't know of any word of god on it so I guess I'll have to leave it as a possibility for now. The main reason I and many others believe this is a combination of all known quartz being made on Earth, all Earth Kindergartens producing quartz, quartz being very resource intensive, and Peridot assuming Steven was made in Earth's primary Kindergarten when they went there, stating that because he was a quartz he must've been made there.

Also I think the hair thing is a stretch anyways, we've seen non-quartz gems with hair like that, and Amethyst was "born" with short hair, only changing it because she liked Greg's. Overall I'm going to somewhat agree with Trapiche Emerald because of the appearance, but because all corrupted gems look strange in some way it might not actually look like that so I'll bet on Nephrite as her gem, because we know they are pilots and she was a pilot. And Nephrite doesn't look too far off, having the same color and usually having dark irregularities on the surface, though not to that extent. Nephrite is also known for protecting against failure, overcoming evil, and changing for the best, which would explain how Centipeetle was able to be tamed by Steven and saw the most success in overcoming corruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Aeons View Post
    I'd kill to own a sourcebook for this: Over 9000 pages, mostly filler.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

I also think that Rose was the one to attack Bismuth. She seemed to not quite know what was going on, similar to other gems who get poofed without expecting it.

20. - Top - End - #50

Lapis loves fun.
    I don't remember Lapis ever enjoying anything fun.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Trapiche Emeralds always have 6 prongs radiating from the center, though, whereas Centi's just has 2. Otherwise, yeah, it does look similar enough to still be a compelling theory (especially if the show runners just didn't know that piece of gemology when designing her character)

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    Trapiche Emeralds always have 6 prongs radiating from the center, though, whereas Centi's just has 2. Otherwise, yeah, it does look similar enough to still be a compelling theory (especially if the show runners just didn't know that piece of gemology when designing her character)
    I am 100% certain that we should never discount their knowledge of geology in this series. If there's something about a gem, they know about it.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MorgromTheOrc View Post
    and Amethyst was "born" with short hair, only changing it because she liked Greg's.
    To be fair, that is only fan speculation. If you take the painting of cival-war-era Gems with Garnet punching a shark as canon, then Amythist already had long hair, and the three gems we know today just made themselves appear younger later on for some reason. Not sure exactly how canon that painting is though.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

What personality/alignment would all of the characters on the characters on the show be? Human and Gem? What powers would it have? What would its name be?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Last one out of Beach City
    Show

Ok, that was cute
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    I don't remember Lapis ever enjoying anything fun.

I mean she hates human garbage, but she otherwise seems to enjoy her time with Steven and Peri.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    Yeah, I'm guess the stripes are fixed like that due to the carbon bonding.

Of course, if the trapiches are all parts of the same gem, with 3 per full trapiche, then each would have one stripe. Hence, 3 trapiche emeralds make a whole crew. IIRC, there are 3 of them on the homeworld ship now, and she drew 3 crew. Nah, there's more little crew. However, if they're "familiars," fragmenting themselves might be how trapiche make their crew.

There, I blew the whole thing wide open. You're welcome, and yes I'm so easily distracted.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-09-08 at 01:36 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Spoiler: Last one out of Beach City
    Show

Ok, that was cute
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree, though I'm unsure of how I feel at the prospect of Pearl quasi trying to date/get with someone who sort of looks like Rose. It's got that bit of awkwardness that is sort of not okay.

That said this was really cute and I love Pearl's attempts to be badass.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Hey we learned Ocean Town was ignited.

... I don't know how many people would remember ocean town.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree, though I'm unsure of how I feel at the prospect of Pearl quasi trying to date/get with someone who sort of looks like Rose. It's got that bit of awkwardness that is sort of not okay.

That said this was really cute and I love Pearl's attempts to be badass.
    Spoiler
    Show

not really that big a deal. People date people who remind them of close freinds/family members all the time because they're attracted to those traits. Pearl isn't comparing this new girl to Rose, she just has a thing for big girls with pink hair.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Spoiler
    Show

Steven has Connie. Garnet has Jamie. Amethyst has Greg. Now Pearl has Mystery Pink Hair Girl, and all the gems have a designated Human BuddyTM.

Except Peridot and Lapis are now Crystal Gems too. Who will their Human BuddiesTM be?
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective