New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

I bought mine through the Battle Net Shop.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I bought mine through the Battle Net Shop.
    I think that's what I'll do. It turns out the mysteriously cheap CD keys were for EU.

In other news, looking at levels and stuff, I have a 100 Rogue and 98 DK (and some lower stuff). My wife has a 98 Pally. When we get our tax refund, we're going to get Legion and her a new laptop. In the time it takes that to arrive, I think I'm going to get a DH up to 98 to level with her Pally, reason being my Rogue has Mining and so does her Pally, and if we went DK/Pally, we'd compete for plate. Plus I want a DH :)

Speaking of which, how much playtime does it take to get a DH from 90 to 98? That's their starting zone, right? Like DK's from whatever to whatever.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Speaking of which, how much playtime does it take to get a DH from 90 to 98? That's their starting zone, right? Like DK's from whatever to whatever.
    About 30 seconds. They start at 98. Will be around 100 by the end of the starting area.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

4. - Top - End - #844

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    About 30 seconds. They start at 98. Will be around 100 by the end of the starting area.
    Oh...

Hmm, I have no clue where I got the idea that they started at 90. Whoops.

Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

I think that's what I'll do. It turns out the mysteriously cheap CD keys were for EU.

In other news, looking at levels and stuff, I have a 100 Rogue and 98 DK (and some lower stuff). My wife has a 98 Pally. When we get our tax refund, we're going to get Legion and her a new laptop. In the time it takes that to arrive, I think I'm going to get a DH up to 98 to level with her Pally, reason being my Rogue has Mining and so does her Pally, and if we went DK/Pally, we'd compete for plate. Plus I want a DH :)

OR if you both wore plate, you could give each other stuff you don't need that drops for you. So if one of you gets the same plate belt twice (cause the RNG is a pain like that), you can trade it to the other instead of sharding or selling it.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

6. - Top - End - #846

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    OR if you both wore plate, you could give each other stuff you don't need that drops for you. So if one of you gets the same plate belt twice (cause the RNG is a pain like that), you can trade it to the other instead of sharding or selling it.
    True, true.

But... truth be told, I think I just want to level a DH, and was rationalizing it ;)

Speaking of which, I have a document going with all my keybinds and stuff. Holy smokes, my Rogue has way more abilities. Part of it's due to him having Engineering, but man, he's way more complicated (? maybe not the right word).
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ogre in the Playground

Something I've found helping with the available (practical) keybinds is to shift the movement keys to esdf, giving you wqaz as optional keybinds for long(ish) CD's that you want to press more often than only specific fights ... say Mitigation and self-buffs

8. - Top - End - #848

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    Something I've found helping with the available (practical) keybinds is to shift the movement keys to esdf, giving you wqaz as optional keybinds for long(ish) CD's that you want to press more often than only specific fights ... say Mitigation and self-buffs
    That sounds pretty good.

I'm doing the following:
    Q for interrupt and set focus. Specifically, [nomod] is my interrupt, and [alt] set focus
    W for artifact and trinkets ([nomod], [alt], [shift], [altshift] if necessary])
    E for AoE
    R for panic button (defensive buffs)
    T for speed/mobility stuff
    ASD are movement
    F for frequently used buffs
    G for stances
    Z for self-heal
    X for ranged attacks and profession stuff
    C for CC (ha)
    V for stun
    B for jump, auto-run, and mount
    Space bar for the most spammed abilities
    Then 12345 for toggle character pane, spellbook, talent pane, bags, mount/pet/toy box/heirloom, achievements, guild, LFG/LFR, fishing

That way the fingers rest on ASDF and everything I'd use in combat is super close (though I might need Alt and/or Shift).
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

That sounds pretty good.

I'm doing the following:
    Q for interrupt and set focus. Specifically, [nomod] is my interrupt, and [alt] set focus
    W for artifact and trinkets ([nomod], [alt], [shift], [altshift] if necessary])
    E for AoE
    R for panic button (defensive buffs)
    T for speed/mobility stuff
    ASD are movement
    F for frequently used buffs
    G for stances
    Z for self-heal
    X for ranged attacks and profession stuff
    C for CC (ha)
    V for stun
    B for jump, auto-run, and mount
    Space bar for the most spammed abilities
    Then 12345 for toggle character pane, spellbook, talent pane, bags, mount/pet/toy box/heirloom, achievements, guild, LFG/LFR, fishing

That way the fingers rest on ASDF and everything I'd use in combat is super close (though I might need Alt and/or Shift).
    I think most of us would flip that to keep movement mapped to WASD. So that we don't have to retrain our muscle memory to get back to playing correctly.

10. - Top - End - #850

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    I think most of us would flip that to keep movement mapped to WASD. So that we don't have to retrain our muscle memory to get back to playing correctly.
    Huh? Are you saying removing backpedaling is playing incorrectly?
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Depends on the person. As a tank player, I refuse to unbind backpedal.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

No, I'm saying that rebinding the movement keys takes time to get used to. And you kinda need a high response time for movement to play correctly.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

exactly ... as tank backpedal is the least inconvenient way to reposition mobs, unless you need to move them half-way across the encounter area

14. - Top - End - #854

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    No, I'm saying that rebinding the movement keys takes time to get used to. And you kinda need a high response time for movement to play correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    exactly ... as tank backpedal is the least inconvenient way to reposition mobs, unless you need to move them half-way across the encounter area
    oic

I watched some videos on keybinding, and mentioned unbinding backpedal, and I thought holy smokes that'd free up a really nice slot. Plus I pretty much only play my Rogue, so no tanking for me.

Hmm... I was thinking of leveling a Bear though. Yeah, maybe I'll keep W and S as they are. But man, that throws a wrench in everything. Gotta reexamine my current plan.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #855

personally I use 1-6, q, e, r, t, z, x, and c; with ctrl and alt for each of those. If ~40 binds doesn't cover everything you need in current wow you're doing something pretty weird. (though if you don't plan on using both ctrl and alt I can understand wanting a few more prime position keys. I always hated using both of those [preferring Shift as my mod of choice] until I got a mouse two the two side buttons I could reprogram to ctrl and alt).
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

16. - Top - End - #856
    Colossus in the Playground

Heh, im having fun with my 100 dk. Ive been roaming around from wotlk on up doing all the raids and dungeons and such just to see what I can do, and im just starting panderia. So far only hit one issue, running the caverns of time raid at wyrmrest temple 25 man solo. The final boss where thrall and the aspects are shielded and you have to beat deathwings minion? All the things ive read about it say that the only way to win the fight solo is to out dps the timer because you need a certain number of people to soak the damage to keep the aspects shield from popping. Unfortunately, I dont have the dps to pull that off. I will probably go back there later and try again as a ten man. Now in pandaria im working on the various 5 man dungeons and such, but only just got started so no idea what my limits will be. Ive already switched off heroic mode just to save time. It takes forever to kill the trash solo even if they cant really hurt me much.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Heh, im having fun with my 100 dk. Ive been roaming around from wotlk on up doing all the raids and dungeons and such just to see what I can do, and im just starting panderia. So far only hit one issue, running the caverns of time raid at wyrmrest temple 25 man solo. The final boss where thrall and the aspects are shielded and you have to beat deathwings minion? All the things ive read about it say that the only way to win the fight solo is to out dps the timer because you need a certain number of people to soak the damage to keep the aspects shield from popping. Unfortunately, I dont have the dps to pull that off. I will probably go back there later and try again as a ten man. Now in pandaria im working on the various 5 man dungeons and such, but only just got started so no idea what my limits will be. Ive already switched off heroic mode just to save time. It takes forever to kill the trash solo even if they cant really hurt me much.
    Did you get the Legion expansion? You'll be packing exponentially more damage at 110.

18. - Top - End - #858

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    personally I use 1-6, q, e, r, t, z, x, and c; with ctrl and alt for each of those. If ~40 binds doesn't cover everything you need in current wow you're doing something pretty weird. (though if you don't plan on using both ctrl and alt I can understand wanting a few more prime position keys. I always hated using both of those [preferring Shift as my mod of choice] until I got a mouse two the two side buttons I could reprogram to ctrl and alt).
    I'll be playing with no mouse :P

I figured out how to fix it. I'm making ASDX movement. X for backpedal, feels more natural. Then X was for ranged stuff (like Shuriken Toss for Rogue, Throw Glavie for DH) and profession stuff, that got moved to W. W was artifact and trinket(s), but those'll go wherever they belong (like if your artifact has an AoE ability, it'd go on E, et cetera).
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So I've been picking up some Marks of Honor from random World Quests. Where do we spend these? I'm not very familiar with all the PVP vendor locations.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Colossus in the Playground

Did you get the Legion expansion? You'll be packing exponentially more damage at 110.
    Nah, im actually letting my account lapse in a couple months. I accidentally bought a 6 month account that I didnt really want so im mostly screwing around till it drops. I may come back some day but I dunno.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

21. - Top - End - #861

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    So I've been picking up some Marks of Honor from random World Quests. Where do we spend these? I'm not very familiar with all the PVP vendor locations.
    Sorry, not a clue >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Nah, im actually letting my account lapse in a couple months. I accidentally bought a 6 month account that I didnt really want so im mostly screwing around till it drops. I may come back some day but I dunno.
    I was thinking of getting 6 months. Not so sure.

In other news, I think I'll start playing tonight or tomorrow. Get my Rogue up to 110, work on my DK, start a DH. Not going to level up an Ally until my wife gets her new laptop though.

Oh right, I did map ASDX for movement, and I really like it. It feels much more natural to have S walk forward and X backpedal.

Also, I didn't realize you couldn't macro things like jump and toggle auto-run. Those are nbd, but you also can't macro (at least to my knowledge) an OPie Ring. That's the bad one, messes with my plans.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well, I found one bunch of vendors in the Stormshield PVP section, and another one in the PVP-related (legacy?) bit of Stormwind. Might be more elsewhere but at least I have a start. Some transmogs and mounts for sale.

Also, green crafting recipes are a pain to level up. If it weren't for Darkmoon Faire and cooking/fishing dailies I still wouldn't be done.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I found one bunch of vendors in the Stormshield PVP section, and another one in the PVP-related (legacy?) bit of Stormwind. Might be more elsewhere but at least I have a start. Some transmogs and mounts for sale.

Also, green crafting recipes are a pain to level up. If it weren't for Darkmoon Faire and cooking/fishing dailies I still wouldn't be done.
    Gadgetzan had a lvl 70s vendor. Dunno if he's still there but you can check.

Steam Profile

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Sorry, not a clue >.>

I was thinking of getting 6 months. Not so sure.

In other news, I think I'll start playing tonight or tomorrow. Get my Rogue up to 110, work on my DK, start a DH. Not going to level up an Ally until my wife gets her new laptop though.

Oh right, I did map ASDX for movement, and I really like it. It feels much more natural to have S walk forward and X backpedal.

Also, I didn't realize you couldn't macro things like jump and toggle auto-run. Those are nbd, but you also can't macro (at least to my knowledge) an OPie Ring. That's the bad one, messes with my plans.
    This is a minor concern, but the "sit" keybind (default x) turns into "vehicle descend" in a flying vehicle or while flying.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

This is a minor concern, but the "sit" keybind (default x) turns into "vehicle descend" in a flying vehicle or while flying.
    I've kept my X key bound for toggling sit/stand, because I'm weird like that, but I've never found it necessary to use X or Jump for z-axis control while flying or swimming. Just mouselook up or down, and hit autorun. You can't crash, problem solved.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

so i got a carry to mythic 15 on monday
    go and open up my chest today and find a nice shiny 900 ilvl item
    Something's not quite right...
    where are the stats?
    it's a damn relic..........
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

27. - Top - End - #867

I planned on facing the direction if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    I've kept my X key bound for toggling sit/stand, because I'm weird like that, but I've never found it necessary to use X or Jump for z-axis control while flying or swimming. Just mouselook up or down, and hit autorun. You can't crash, problem solved.
    Eh, I don't think that's weird. I mean, I played WoW off and on since BC, how I always played. I'm just looking to mix it up a bit. Might go back to how I used to play.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ooh. I missed a video which says that the six existing reputations will have an overflow mechanic in patch 7.2. You can get 20,000 beyond exalted, and get an emissary cache each time you do so. Too bad I already mailed a ton of insignia to alts.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ooh. I missed a video which says that the six existing reputations will have an overflow mechanic in patch 7.2. You can get 20,000 beyond exalted, and get an emissary cache each time you do so. Too bad I already mailed a ton of insignia to alts.
    Considering it will take 40 insignia to get 20,000, and all you're going to get is one more mediocre epic, I wouldn't worry about it. I've been sharding my emmisary cache drops for the past couple of months.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    Personal preference, I guess- I try not to mess with my camera angle too much- I think it also depends on what I'm doing.

For instance, if I'm gathering in a flying-enabled area, I'll probably mouselook-fly down to the node- once I've spotted the node.
    When I take off from the node I'll probably be using keyboard z-axis control.