New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Holy smokes. Did they nerf trillium spawn rates? I realized my DK can make Living Steel, so I went about some farming last night. Hardly got any trillium. Maybe I just got unlulcky though.
    It's always felt low to me, I remember trying to farm the stuff before Legion.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    It's always felt low to me, I remember trying to farm the stuff before Legion.
    That could be.

I think I know why it felt so low. I was trying to farm Trillium for my DK to transmute some Living Steel. 6 friggin' bars. Then someone in gchat reminded me that you can turn Ghost Iron into Trillium with no cd. Nice 8)

Oh, another thing. What happened with tanks and threat? I've never played a tank, but my wife mains a Prot Pally. She remarked she used to have abilities which generated thread and whatnot, and now that text (ability?) has been removed.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

Tank threat generation is (outside of Skittish in M+) so high that noone other than another tank can realistically except to steal it even with you only auto-attacking (and all your GCD was used on defensive things), Tank playstyle have been changed away from a question of keeping threat, to be much more focused on staying alive

4. - Top - End - #994

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    Tank threat generation is (outside of Skittish in M+) so high that noone other than another tank can realistically except to steal it even with you only auto-attacking (and all your GCD was used on defensive things), Tank playstyle have been changed away from a question of keeping threat, to be much more focused on staying alive
    Ahh good to know! Thanks. Yeah, that's enlightening. Huh, I guess I won't be using TotT much on my Rogue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

not playing Rogue, but IIRC its an honor talent now (PvP only, instanced PvP realistically), so ...

6. - Top - End - #996

not playing Rogue, but IIRC its an honor talent now (PvP only, instanced PvP realistically), so ...
    TotT? Nah, I have it. At least, pretty dang sure I do. I can check tonight, but I macro'd it recently, and when I push the right modifier it displays like normal. Haven't used it though.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

7. - Top - End - #997

Huh, I guess I won't be using TotT much on my Rogue.
    TotT is actually useful in several situations still. It's very useful in Skittish Mythic+ dungeons, can help you grab adds that might spawn farther from the tank than you'd like (useful especially if your tank is a Paladin who lacks the no-cooldown ranged pull of, say, a Druid's Moonfire), and can occasionally be useful for aggro-juggling between DPS with Taunt and the tank on high level Necrotic dungeons to prevent stacking. Other than that it's basically an "Oh god a Tank blew taunt at the wrong time" button, but that's still sometimes useful.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Is it just me or are female blood elves really small. I rolled a belf demon hunter and immediately felt a different sense of scale. I was consistently being towered over by NPCs and she even looks small on the character select screen, compared to the female night elf DH.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

My memory is blood elves and smaller than night elves, and the female blood elves somewhat smaller than male ones.
    I'm similarly often amazed by how big the Pandaren are. They make ORCS look petite.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

10. - Top - End - #1000

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Is it just me or are female blood elves really small. I rolled a belf demon hunter and immediately felt a different sense of scale. I was consistently being towered over by NPCs and she even looks small on the character select screen, compared to the female night elf DH.
    I've rolled a belf female or two (in fact, 2, both named after my wife). Didn't care too much for the models. Yeah, petite fer sher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    My memory is blood elves and smaller than night elves, and the female blood elves somewhat smaller than male ones.
    I'm similarly often amazed by how big the Pandaren are. They make ORCS look petite.
    Haha, yeah, I don't see many Pandaren, but those males are big :P
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I've rolled a belf female or two (in fact, 2, both named after my wife). Didn't care too much for the models. Yeah, petite fer sher.
    Yeah, I like em, though I feel like something was lost in the Blood Elf character in the redesign.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

Even the girls are as tall as a male orc!(and super cute too)~

Also, discovered something fun today; the Coin Of Many Faces can turn you into a Jinyu!(also if you are a DH, you really can talk to DHs of the other faction. Was remarkably fun chatting with some Horde ones while they camped out at the Stormwind Stockades entrance yesterday)
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-03-03 at 10:30 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

was rollin on the goodnews/bad news train today
    1)4th legendary(meh..was a ring I wont ever use{all it does is give 4-10 extra rage on use of main generator})
    2)won a mythic carry and so finally got my keystone master achieve(loot from the +15 was a relic though {not a 100% waste..put it in offspec weapon so only a 95% waste})
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

I was mildly peeved enough by the fact that you can't chat between factions to have the fleeting desire to write a letter to blizzard asking them what language Sylvanas and Varian were using to speak with each other on the Broken Isle intro.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ettin in the Playground

Demonic, presumably.
    Meow(Steam page)

16. - Top - End - #1006

Even the girls are as tall as a male orc!(and super cute too)~
    Hmm, this I did not know!

My wife plays belfs almost exclusively. It is pretty neat to see a little girl (I mean this not to be offensive at all) standing there just taking hits from a big bad boss/a ton of mobs with no problem.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

Its not a concious thing, but I've recently noticed that most of my primary characters through the time have been Nelfs (except for my paladin, who for obvious reasons wasn't) ... not because of the artstyle or anything like that, but because I tend to play tanks, and the +2% Dodge that Nelfs get feels very good in the hands of a tank

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Unrelated, does anyone use SpellFlash? I noticed mine hasn't had any updates since August of last year. I'm worried that having out of date add-ons will affect performance, my computer not being the most beast to begin with.

A short Google search seems to indicate it hasn't been updated for Legion and a few people were waiting on it. I'm considering just ditching it altogether and just eyeball my own rotations.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ogre in the Playground

Its not a concious thing, but I've recently noticed that most of my primary characters through the time have been Nelfs (except for my paladin, who for obvious reasons wasn't) ... not because of the artstyle or anything like that, but because I tend to play tanks, and the +2% Dodge that Nelfs get feels very good in the hands of a tank
    Eh, Trolls get 10% of their out of combat regeneration while in combat. Humans get 2% bonuses to... Versatility, Mastery, Haste and Crit from all sources. Pandas get doubled food buff duration. Undead have a hit proc for Shadow damage that heals them for the damage dealt. Dranai have a racial heal based on their own maximum health. Most of the races have good things for tanks, provided you are the right kind of tank. Granted, a flat one in 50 chance of just not being hit is also good, but only if that's a flat dodge chance.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel like gnomes have a pretty fun mix too. A "get out of cc free" card and +10% to whatever their resource is(which can be VERY fun in the right class).
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    Granted, a flat one in 50 chance of just not being hit is also good, but only if that's a flat dodge chance.
    its a flat chance best I can tell ... but merely making it out to be a 1/50th is wrong ... if we say we have say ... 30% avoidance (bit high but certainly attainable, but given that this is theoretical...) and add 2% to make it 32% its effectively instead of being hit 70 times out of a random 100 hits, we're only hit 68 times ... which is ~2.8% lower, almost 50% better than advertised

The higher your avoidance are, the better a flat increase is ... It might well be most prevalent on an monk since they already have a lot of Dodge-stacking abilities
    Last edited by Sian; 2017-03-04 at 04:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1012

I feel like gnomes have a pretty fun mix too. A "get out of cc free" card and +10% to whatever their resource is(which can be VERY fun in the right class).
    Yeah I kind of want a Gnome Ass Rogue with Vigor. So much energy.
    its a flat chance best I can tell ... but merely making it out to be a 1/50th is wrong ... if we say we have say ... 30% avoidance (bit high but certainly attainable, but given that this is theoretical...) and add 2% to make it 32% its effectively instead of being hit 70 times out of a random 100 hits, we're only hit 68 times ... which is ~2.8% lower, almost 50% better than advertised

The higher your avoidance are, the better a flat increase is ... It might well be most prevalent on an monk since they already have a lot of Dodge-stacking abilities
    True. Not that this is possible (?), but going from 98% to 100% is the "biggest" increase.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

Gnome survival hunter is also cool~
    The 10% boost to focus lets you use your basic AoE swing three times in a row without needing to wait(while as far as I can tell, hunters of other races do need to wait after the 2nd).
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-03-04 at 05:18 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    I was mildly peeved enough by the fact that you can't chat between factions to have the fleeting desire to write a letter to blizzard asking them what language Sylvanas and Varian were using to speak with each other on the Broken Isle intro.
    Demonic, presumably.
    exactly
    demon hunters are able to speak to cross-faction demon hunters
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ettin in the Playground

This must also mean that the Horde, Alliance, and Arthas at the Wrathgare are also Demon Hunters.

Varian and Voljin are Demon Hunters.

Oh, and Gul'dan speaking to us at the beginning of Draenor must also mean he, and the player character are also Demon Hunters, regardless of class.

[annoyance at lack of cross-faction rp intensifies]
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    This must also mean that the Horde, Alliance, and Arthas at the Wrathgare are also Demon Hunters.

Varian and Voljin are Demon Hunters.

Oh, and Gul'dan speaking to us at the beginning of Draenor must also mean he, and the player character are also Demon Hunters, regardless of class.

[annoyance at lack of cross-faction rp intensifies]
    They mostly pass it off as the big names learning to speak common or whatever for various reasons. Like Thrall, he was raised a gladiator and learned to talk human then. Sylvanis is a former elf, in other words, former alliance race, of course she can talk to varian in his own language. The basic gist of it is, your average joe cant go to, I dunno, germany, from america, and talk to the people there. He doesnt know the language. But plenty of americans DO know the language, especially the politicians. I guess it all boils down to, we are all too busy saving the world to learn a second or third language. (Racial language plus whatever common tongue each faction has, plus the other factions common language)
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

In-game there are many instances of you communicating with individuals of different factions. It makes sense for a dwarf child or an orc pig farmer to only speak their racial language, but heck even the orcs looting the human starting area learned to "communicate" with you.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Colossus in the Playground

And the blood elves, who were Alliance within the recent history of all adult blood elves, mysteriously all speak Orcish and only NPCs speak Common.

It's entirely for a meta-reason: in Beta, when people could speak across factions, they used it to be rude enough that Blizzard decided they needed to prevent it. Demon hunters being able to talk across faction is Blizzard deciding they don't need to maintain that, for anyone who has a demon hunter, now. Watsonian reasons are casual handwaves by writers for whom immersion is way down the priority list anyway.

29. - Top - End - #1019

This reminds me... I never learned how to speak in anything but the default. Better check into that.

EDIT: Also, anyone get Salty? I'm working on it. I always liked fishing. Still missing Mr. Pinchy (that'll take a while), a couple (6 I think) coins from ol' Dal, and the biggest one IMO, winning the contest. Oh, and getting one of the rares. Going to farm that along with the turtle from Howling Fjord.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2017-03-06 at 10:55 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm always slightly amused when I see people running around with raid or pvp titles and there's me with stuff like Lumberjack or Associate Professor. Verily they shall stand in awe of my archaeological prowess. Still working on the Pandaria cooking one; the fishing one is a long long ways off.