New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Loving the Trial of Style event! Though I do wish I had stuff to spend tokens on after hitting 61(even last place gives 15 on average, and strangely they stack to 200).
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: WoW XIX: This is my Artifact. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    So I resubbed for a bit and I am honestly confused how to upgrade my extremely lacking gear. My three max level toons (Hunter Mage and Priest) are on iLv 830ish and arrived on the Broken Shore. The obvious way would be to continue the bread crumb quests there. But I feel I need to get some loot from LFR before that. How do I spend my time effectively?

Because I struggle a bit with my gear level. (not to mention said level disqualifies me from any decent group content).
    Hang out on the Broken shore for a bit, do world quests, kill mobs, etc. There are two nethershard vendors- the cheap one will get you 850 gear in the slot of your choice and the expensive one will get you 880 gear. World Quests that drop gear will give 850+. Do the treasure hunting quest on the Broken Shore every day to eventually unlock an extra random source of nethershards. Have your followers complete the weekly raid gear missions (they give reroll tokens as bonus loot along with a kill quest for a raid boss that rewards loot) to make your forays into Raid Finder more rewarding. Kill the weekly world boss for an 860 piece. Kill the Broken Shore world boss when the Nether Disruptor is up for a 900 piece. Certain World Quest rewards include a token that will upgrade a starter class set piece to 870, ignore the class set pieces otherwise (although you should at least wear them once, they're usually good transmogs). When the Command Center is up the Nethershard mission is worth one and a half pieces from the 880+ vendor. Turning in Legionfall supplies will give you gold, Nethershards, Order Resources, occasionally loot tokens for 850+ gear, and VERY VERY RARELY Legendary items (I've seen one from Legionfall turn-ins).

The Emissary Caches are still worth doing, especially Kirin Tor and Wardens since their quests will also count as credit for the zone they're in. If both Kirin Tor and Wardens are up you can usually get all three caches by doing 7-8 World Quests instead of 12. Having a Champion kitted out with Order Resource equipment as your guardian will keep you with a healthy supply of resources to turn into reroll tokens and Command Center missions when they roll around. A fully tricked out champion guardian can get you 200-300 resources and 100 gold per World Quest.

Between the blue Nethershard gear and two World Bosses, you should be able to get your ilevel up past 850 quickly. My usual go-to is then 880 relics from the epic nethershard vendor, having a high ilevel artifact will dramatically increase your ability to contribute to raids/Raid Finder. Once you can run Tomb Raid Finder (or Tomb in general), spend your reroll tokens on bosses that drop Tier slots until you have a 4-set bonus. The next best use for your Nethershards is probably on Trinkets, then on filling in any holes in your gear.

If you have any buddies, try and do at least one Mythic+ dungeon per week, even if it's only a +2.
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2017-08-17 at 02:56 PM.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ettin in the Playground

Emissary quests also give a chance at mounts~
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Titan in the Playground

I honestly went back and it feels incredibly grindy. I am not even trying to get new gear at this point since I feel 7.3 will invalidate most work done anyway. But I feel it's more the nature of the beast than my actual motivation. It feels so samey. None of my toons interest me enough to level them. None of my 110 chars are actually fun enough to grind them up with gear (Mage feels boring when levelling alone, BM Hunter is meh, MM is terrible at single player content, I hate new SV and Shadow Priest is well.. I dont like the Legion Priest). I might want to roll my druid to 110 (Balance looks fun enough and this way I have a decent range dd for solo content with a heal spec).

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ettin in the Playground

From my experience, Survival seems to be the hunter spec most oriented toward soloing. ^_^;
    I mean, I'm a huge fan of the changes to survival, but I also get that some people don't like melee hunters as much as me.
    Meow(Steam page)

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

I honestly went back and it feels incredibly grindy. I am not even trying to get new gear at this point since I feel 7.3 will invalidate most work done anyway. But I feel it's more the nature of the beast than my actual motivation. It feels so samey. None of my toons interest me enough to level them. None of my 110 chars are actually fun enough to grind them up with gear (Mage feels boring when levelling alone, BM Hunter is meh, MM is terrible at single player content, I hate new SV and Shadow Priest is well.. I dont like the Legion Priest). I might want to roll my druid to 110 (Balance looks fun enough and this way I have a decent range dd for solo content with a heal spec).
    When 7.3 comes out you will eventually replace all the gear you use to "gear up" now, but you'll get that gear way faster in 7.3 if you have a decent item level to start with. The new single-player areas will probably tuned for people in the Broken Shore gear you're hoding off on acquiring. Also, if you gear up now you can do more RF stuff or raiding and not be stuck with only single player content you're apparently not liking too much.

It can definitely get boring if you do nothing but grind day in and day out, but you should fill up most of your slots pretty quickly. Hopefully the Nether Disruptor will be up over the next reset, so you may be able to get four shots at 900 gear pretty easily. My Demon hunter and Mage are both in the mid 890s by virtue... oh wait. You probably don't have flying yet, do you? That makes a HUGE difference in questing speed. If you have a buddy with a 2-seat mount that's willing to quest with you it will speed you way up until you can unlock flying yourself.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ettin in the Playground

How do you unlock flying, by the way? I've never quite understood what I need to do.
    Meow(Steam page)

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

in my experience (although, mind, that i quit playing in February) is that the current king of solo is Vengence Demon Hunter, with Blood Death Knight close behind, and followed by the other tanks and a few outiers such as Warlock (Affliction or Demonology iirc) and Hunter with a tanky pet

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    How do you unlock flying, by the way? I've never quite understood what I need to do.
    /sob

You need to do all the main quests in all the Broken Isles zones, and get all reputations to revered. It's not so bad except for Suramar /shudder
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    /sob

You need to do all the main quests in all the Broken Isles zones, and get all reputations to revered. It's not so bad except for Suramar /shudder
    Oh! Just revered, not exalted?
    Hmm... is there a questline for Broken Shore too? Or is that 100% raids?
    Meow(Steam page)

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ettin in the Playground

Wish i had the spare cash for legion and a sub. Some bits of the xpac look really awesome
    The Chaotic Evil Dungeon Master

12. - Top - End - #1272

Hmm... is there a questline for Broken Shore too? Or is that 100% raids?
    Oh yeah, you do need BS stuff too. That doesn't take nearly as long as Suramar though.

Here's a handy tool which tracks Legion (and WoD) flying progress: http://www.wowhead.com/flying
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Just Revered EXCEPT for Nighfallen for whom you need to hit exalted to complete the good sumaritan achievement and thus get the loremaster.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ettin in the Playground

Do... do the quests ever pick back up? In Suramar, I mean. I've hit revered and have two dungeon quests now.
    Do I really have to grind repeatable stuff until exalted now?
    Meow(Steam page)

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, the lack of flying is annoying. And I don'T even know where I am considering standard normal boring quests. Also my reputation is not close to being enough for flying. But yeah, you are right. In preparation for 7.3, acquiring flying is probably the best. Also for the general enjoyment of the game.
    Last edited by Spore; 2017-08-21 at 05:31 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, the lack of flying is annoying. And I don'T even know where I am considering standard normal boring quests. Also my reputation is not close to being enough for flying. But yeah, you are right. In preparation for 7.3, acquiring flying is probably the best. Also for the general enjoyment of the game.
    Demon hunters can sorta fly!~
    Though now I keep forgetting I can't glide on other classes.
    Meow(Steam page)

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Do... do the quests ever pick back up? In Suramar, I mean. I've hit revered and have two dungeon quests now.
    I'm pretty sure there are more quests. I don't want to ask you about specific stuff because the Suramar storyline is cool enough the first time through that I'd hate to spoil it. I don't remember what all counts as "main storyline" quests for purposes of the achievement but until you hit the quest that literally walks you up to the Nighthold entrance there are definitely more quests.

Demon hunters can sorta fly!~
    Though now I keep forgetting I can't glide on other classes.
    About the first minute after I switch to any other character from my DH I find myself trying to double-jump or glide. It's not just you.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ettin in the Playground

I must be blind or something. And I don't mind spoilers, especially since without them Suramar is a dead zone for me.
    I'm at revered with the faction and have two dungeon quests. What do I do next? Do I need to intentionally explore off the beaten path in some specific location?
    Meow(Steam page)

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

I must be blind or something. And I don't mind spoilers, especially since without them Suramar is a dead zone for me.
    I'm at revered with the faction and have two dungeon quests. What do I do next? Do I need to intentionally explore off the beaten path in some specific location?
    Have you unlocked the elite quests in the northeast area of the city?
    Have you unlocked all the portals?
    Have you activated all the underground conduit areas?

Also, I'd get those dungeon quests out of the way.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Have you unlocked the elite quests in the northeast area of the city?
    Have you unlocked all the portals?
    Have you activated all the underground conduit areas?

Also, I'd get those dungeon quests out of the way.
    Elite quests? And you can unlock all portal slots? I assumed the last one just stayed blank.
    Also what's a conduit?
    I did a handful of quests in the north area of the city, but only one actually acquired there I think(the winery break-in)
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-08-21 at 05:08 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Elite quests? And you can unlock all portal slots? I assumed the last one just stayed blank.
    Also what's a conduit?
    I did a handful of quests in the north area of the city, but only one actually acquired there I think(the winery break-in)
    Yeah, there should be plenty of questline after you turn in those dungeon quests. The area of the city below the vineyards is chock-full of elites and detectors, you'll eventually get sent through there. You can find us complaining about the area sporadically on pages 6-8ish of this thread. Even without flying, you'll probably have a much better time since the ilevel you can get is so much higher now.

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Yeah, there should be plenty of questline after you turn in those dungeon quests. The area of the city below the vineyards is chock-full of elites and detectors, you'll eventually get sent through there. You can find us complaining about the area sporadically on pages 6-8ish of this thread. Even without flying, you'll probably have a much better time since the ilevel you can get is so much higher now.
    Aha! I've been there a little for world quests. Though thankfully as a DH. I dread to imagine what it must be like for low geared and less mobile characters.

And aye, sounds like my own inaction was what kept me from finding quests. oops.
    Gonna get right to work on dungeoning then! Will flying be unlocked for all of my characters 100+ in Legion content, or do I have to do this for each?
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

So for flying I need all quests in every zone and a complete Suramar questline plus exalted? That is IT, I am out.

I am still confused why people call Legion the "best xpac ever" and Pandaria is getting so much flak because I loved Pandaria more.

Pandaria did everything right for me.
    Questing on foot: With the great landscapes I enjoyed this the most).
    Max level with instant flying (I hate the prereqs in Legion and WoD)
    Not trying to disguise daily quests (I mean come on, at least Pandaria daily quests were concise in one area, also I don't care what I slay 8 of for my loot)
    Well done cooking (instead of a cooking NPC called Burn It McFlameface aka Nomi)
    A smidge of player housing with the farm which is entirely optional instead of required player bases with the order halls.
    A starter raid and two more advanced raids on launch (though I cannot say anything for Legion raiding since I feel being in LFR once is not a fair assessment)

The only thing Legion did better was the weapons system and the mythic dungeons.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ettin in the Playground

I liked Pandaria too~ Though I like Legion as well. I do kind of wish Suramar city felt a little less flight-oriented though.
    (also amusingly, Nomi is actually from the cooking quests there, though he had a different purpose)
    Meow(Steam page)

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

So for flying I need all quests in every zone and a complete Suramar questline plus exalted? That is IT, I am out.

I am still confused why people call Legion the "best xpac ever" and Pandaria is getting so much flak because I loved Pandaria more.

Pandaria did everything right for me.
    Questing on foot: With the great landscapes I enjoyed this the most).
    Max level with instant flying (I hate the prereqs in Legion and WoD)
    Not trying to disguise daily quests (I mean come on, at least Pandaria daily quests were concise in one area, also I don't care what I slay 8 of for my loot)
    Well done cooking (instead of a cooking NPC called Burn It McFlameface aka Nomi)
    A smidge of player housing with the farm which is entirely optional instead of required player bases with the order halls.
    A starter raid and two more advanced raids on launch (though I cannot say anything for Legion raiding since I feel being in LFR once is not a fair assessment)

The only thing Legion did better was the weapons system and the mythic dungeons.
    No, just the main questline in each region IIRC. In any case there's only the four zones and Suramar, and unless you do nothing but invasions you can quest out the majority of the four zones during the leveling process. I don't understand several of your objections.

1: You're still questing on foot. What's the issue? The Legion environments are well done IMO. Stormheim grappling hooks were genius.
    2: People got burned out on the MoP dailies because they were the same damn thing day after day. The Legion world quests re-use the entire zone, but not all at the same time. This keeps a steady flow of max-level players engaged in the world and keeps the world alive. There aren't as many things gated behind exalted reputation with a faction so you're not obligated to grind all your dailies every day until the joyous day you hit exalted and stop doing them completely. The World Quests reward more than just gold and reputation, so you've got incentive to do them for the emmissary caches, which are a great idea.
    3: The slightly delayed opening of EN a month after launch was an amazing gift. People had time to enjoy the content instead of rushing to max level and frantically gearing up so they could start raiding. NH dropped about 4 months after EN opened. MoP started with more raids, yes, but ToT didn't drop for nine months after launch. Tomb dropped six months after NH. Heart of Fear I feel almost shouldn't count as a raid available at launch because the first boss was glitchy for so long.
    4: The Order Hall experience varies by class, so it adds some much needed variety when leveling alts. It's great. They tried the full-on player housing thing in Draenor and it went great for the first month and then people kind of got over it. The current world quest system is a direct result of the "sit in your garrison and queue" behavior that quickly arose during WoD.
    5: Cooking is a side diversion in both expansions. Nomi isn't that bad and drops level 2 recipies at a reasonable rate, people just get bent out of shape over the level three recipes. Also he was so much worse at launch.

26. - Top - End - #1286

Most of flying isn't too bad. I think it was about one evening per zone except for Suramar, then Suramar was a good week. This is limited playing time for me, too.

And yeah, totally worth it.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ettin in the Playground

Looks like Argus is hitting in about six days. I wonder how long it's content/post-Argus content will last for? It's starting to seem a little improbable that they'll have enough stuff to last over a year if the next expansion comes out in November 2018. Not that the content so far has been bad. Just that I'm kind of curious if this means an earlier-in-the-year release date than usual(July maybe?).
    Meow(Steam page)

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Bugbear in the Playground

You get few more at 7k/21k rep or so and the last ones open at 20k/21k.
    "Best na ta challenge that Delusion" - Durkon in #674

Fairy avatar made by araveugnitsuga.
    Cultist avatar made by Darwin.
    Paladin avatar made by Ceika.

I have started a fantasy webseries about a trans woman wanting to become a paladin:
    http://kirjotusvihe.deviantart.com/gallery/47065120
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-Paladin-Story

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

The Argus patch is looking more and more like a mini-expansion. I'm wondering if this was supposed to be the next expansion and during development someone important realized "the player base is going to be sick of the Legion by this time, we need to wrap this up".

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground

I would guess it being more likely that they realized that there simply wasn't enough meat on the bones they had to fill a whole expansion