New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Mafia Kingmaker [IC]

"Be it so known that the bearer of this charter has been charged by the Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good and authority vested within them by the office of the Regent of the Dragonscale Throne, has granted the right of exploration and travel within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt. Exploration should be limited to an area no further than thirty-six miles east and west and sixty miles south of Oleg’s Trading Post. The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this 24th day of Calistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov and authority granted by Lord Noleski Surtova, current Regent of the Dragonscale Throne."

This charter in hand, your group has made their way to Oleg's Trading Post, the starting point for their exploration. Making their way through the gate and into the marketplace of the repurposed fort, the party finds themselves greeted by a kindly woman, dressed with an apron and her hair in a bun. She seems taken aback by the exotic appearance of the group, particularly the goblins, and hesitates as she stays a few feet away from the group. "Hello, and welcome to Oleg's Trading Post... are you the group sent to help us with the bandits?"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Mafia Kingmaker [IC]

There's an old hag in the group. She mounts on a sturdy horse, rather the kind you would find in a farmhouse that with some adventurers. She seems withered and frail, her skin wrinkled, her hair white. The way she holds herself on the horse make her seem younger for moment, however, as she stands confidently holding the reins. Then she dismounts with difficulties, getting some help from some of his companions, and she looks once again like a little old lady. She takes her cane and advances towards the woman smiling sweetly.

Yes, deary, surprising as it may seem. My name is Ruppertina, but you can call me Mama Ru, she chuckles. Eventually, everyone does.

The old hag turns arround examining the outpost.

My, what a beautiful little spot you have here, a place with fresh air right, where roads meet... Now, Mama Ru may not have an eye for coin, but this place could probably make itself a name if it weren't for the bandits. It is a shameful, shameful proffesion. Their poor mothers must be rolling in their graves
    , she adds shaking her head. At least they'll have company soon, she adds softly. There's a strange shine in her eyes when she says those words, a cruelty that does not befit her appearance... But then she smiles and she's a sweet old lady again. Now, what can you tell me and my dear friends about the bandits and the Greenbelt? Preparation is always half a battle, is it not? And more so with age...
    Last edited by Don nadie; 2016-11-05 at 11:47 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Zeek Orlovsky

Zeek dismounts and dusts himself off, "Absolutely, we are here to quell banditry as well as explore the area properly. My name is Zeek" and he motions to the others, "And these are my traveling companions to help bring justice to those who will rue the day they turned to banditry."

Spoiler: Floorplans of Oleg's, I'll take them down if you want r2d2go
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rembrand looks around the camp as the group enters to observe the reactions the sentries and the other folks have to their entrance, and when the woman with the apron greet the party he dismounts and ask rather rapidly:
    "Do you have any information about the bandits such as numbers, armaments, locations and terrain? Any information you have would be quite benficial in cutting time in our preparation and our... removal of the problem" After his pause he glints a cruel grin before he shakes it off and continues: "Ah, but where is my manners. I am Rembrand Lambert, at your service" He bows and extend his hand in greeting halfway expecting her not to take it.

Because despite his elegance he still seem unsetteling due to his long grey and brittle hair and his somewhat unnatural looking skin, but he hold his head up high and proud no matter how his peers would preceive him.
    Last edited by DracoknightZero; 2016-11-06 at 03:48 AM.
    Spoiler: Currently DMing:
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hjorvar dismounts after the young Orlovsky, and only nods stiffly to the woman when Zeek refers to him and the others. Uninterested in the chit-chat about the bandits, he starts walking around the premises while letting his musket rest on his shoulder. He carefully examines the walls of the outpost and the buildings within. "Wouldn't hold a day..." he mutters under his breath while finally walking back towards the group.
    Last edited by OmnivorousOgre; 2016-11-06 at 08:47 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

RedKnightGirl

Following behind Orlovsky as they enter the trading post, Ravaena Novazek scans their surroundings with a cold scowl. Satisfied that there were no immediate threats to her master's life, she dismounts with him and worldlessly takes their horses to the stables. After she has hitched the horses to one of the posts inside, she returns to stand just beside and behind Master Orlovsky by one step each.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Bursting out of the bushes, Faux scratched his butt, and coughed a grimy, wet cough. He had a faint, barely perceptible stench of rotting fish hanging about him, and it was no sooner that he shot a glance in the direction of the woman that he immediately began to reach for his crossbow, but he quickly remembered this was a mission to expand the influence of his adoptive human family and former masters, the Surtova Family. "Ours is the Right," they would say, often before a skillful plunge of the dagger. Relaxing his stance, the goblin still struggled to maintain a gaze on the woman. She looked weak. She wouldn't last long in the underbrush, he thought. Shuffling around a bit, since getting up close and personal wasn't really his thing, he finally spoke. He spoke like an educated human, albeit with a stutter. He was the Surtova Patriarch's favored servant and later adopted son, and he was spoiled with the best tutors. With an inherited stutter, though, he stuck to playing skeet and taking out the enemies of the Surtova's from afar rather than meeting and greeting.

"I-I-I-I am gla-glad to meet you, ma-m'am. Mu-mu-my na-na-name i-i-is Faux Rougebaux Surtova."

Being out in the open like this made him very nervous, he wanted to get back in the shadows where he felt more at home. He instinctively darted his eyes around, making sure there wasn't anything watching him or anything out of the ordinary. The whole time, he shifted his weight to and fro, his senses on high alert for danger.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+1)[21]
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2016-11-08 at 12:50 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

MindFlayer

The last of the motley crew scampered of the laden oxen like a gloomy white spider. Dusted himself of enthusiastically and walked forward to the lady addressing the group, seemingly without a care in the world. Plastering an unconvincing toothy grin across his pale face as he approached he stopped right under her nose and looked up. "My Sensei always said that to ask for a name and give nothing in return is considered somewhat crude and tied to bad manners." The small goblin walked around the woman in a small circle and measured her up with his big red eyes. Before going back to stand by Zeeks side. "You are to trusting sometimes Boss. Does not the angler-fish hunt with innocence as its weapon of choice? I would say this would have been the perfect way to get rid of the bandit hunters if I would have been a bandit. Confirming their names and intent, then catching them of guard surrounded by walls. With perfect positions to stage an ambush" The little goblin points toward the battlements. "As master used to say. "You need not fear the wolf if you strangle the pup.""

He nods sagely to the lady in front of the group. "Bleakbog is what and who I am." He gives Zeek a chiding look and sighs. "...and I guess if this was an ambush then arrows would already be flying and adding to my collection.. So if you would be so kind as to give us your name and direct me to the fire-pit? It is time for tea."
    Last edited by Tiny; 2016-11-08 at 04:47 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Were you a slave, too?

"Ma-Ma-Ma-My...um...um...um...COMRAD is co-co-co-correct! I-I-I-I um...um...um...er....THINK... I-I-I-I ca-ca-can trust you, la-la-la-lady. I-I-I kno-know a few thi-things about ba-ba-ba-bandits and how the-the-they li-li-like to um...erm...um...HIDE places! Wha-Wha-Wha-Wha-Wha-Wha-What was your na-na-na-name again?"

The small goblin just wanted to stop talking and get to work. people made him so nervous. He was a man of action, not words.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2016-11-08 at 02:32 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Seemingly slightly put at ease by the group's response, the woman smiles and says, "Ah, well then, excuse my poor manners! I'm Svetlana, Oleg's wife. Please, come, I have a bit of a welcoming meal for you..." Leading you to a table and bringing out a platter of laid out with bread, cheese, stew, wine, and tea, she starts to answer your questions as those willing are seated. "My husband Oleg would probably be better at this, but there's, ah, only a few we're expecting tomorrow. They send a group every second Tuesday of the month, you see. The first time, they brought more than a dozen, including the nasty axe brandishing woman I suspect is their leader, but it kept going down until last time, they only sent five."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Ganis: No problem, but notably, the towers are in disrepair, with none of the catapults functional, and several stairways up battered or nonfunctional. Also, the gate opens outwards.

Faux: You notice there's several good hiding spots, notably an excellent ambush position between the fort wall and building A2.

When Oleg makes his way to the party, he's grimy and sweaty, and he sets down a toolbox next to the table. He doesn't seem exactly pleased to see the group, but he seems to be hovering around something like grudging acceptance as he gruffly addresses the group. "Well. You're here for the bandits, are you? Just in time, they're due for a visit soon. What does that fancy charter of yours say you're doing, exactly?"

Spoiler: The Charter
    Show
    "Be it so known that the bearer of this charter has been charged by the Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good and authority vested within them by the office of the Regent of the Dragonscale Throne, has granted the right of exploration and travel within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt. Exploration should be limited to an area no further than thirty-six miles east and west and sixty miles south of Oleg’s Trading Post. The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unrepentant banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this 24th day of Calistril, under watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov and authority granted by Lord Noleski Surtova, current Regent of the Dragonscale Throne."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Zeek

"As I mention to your wonderful wife, We are here primarily to quell the bandit menace that has cropped up in the area. To do this, we will be doing the tedious task of mapping the region. Don't want any pesky threats slipping though to harass the main road or anything. You get to many bandits, they form unions, and then everyone looses." and wolfs down some of the stew, "Delicious. Ah, but as I was saying about the bandits, it is a stroke of luck they are coming here. I almost expected to have to track them down to get information out of them."

Zeek then looks around a bit, "Hjorvar, we will want to rig up a counter weight to close the doors once they come in to collect. I would like to take as many alive as possible, for questioning." munching on a bit more bread. "Bleakbog, Faux, I want you guy to use your talents to take them out as you see fit. Racaena and Rembrand, if you take positions in the stables, you can come out swinging. Mama Ru, I would say stating in the stables as well might be a good. Hjorvar, Up by one of the catapults, near one of the broken stairs, will give you the height and view to best use your skills. I'll trigger the doors to close keeping them from running." and looking up to Oleg, "The two of you should run and hide once the jig is up. If we fail, it will give you an excuse that we forced you to cooperate."

12. - Top - End - #12

"Thats very convenient indeed, however why not bring them to the sword at once and be done with it. We have the reign to deal with the bandits as we see fit do we not?" Rembrand looked confused as to why Zeek would keep the bandits alive. "By the way Ru, what can we expect of you? I prepared blessings this morning, do you have something you can provide on the offensive?" he looked over to the crone that he knew was way too lively for her age, but he couldnt hide the concerns he had for putting her into the fray. He then took a mouthfull of the bread and he looked over at the stables to check its conditions.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+5)[10]
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

Flumph

Mama Ru sat with great care into one of the chairs and sipper her stew with calm delight. She seemed to meditate for a moment, lost in her own thoughts. On being addressed, she smiles.

Oh, sorry dear. I was so tired I must have napped for a second. This is delicious, sweety, what a good hearty stew after such a long trip, she says to Svletana. Do I taste thyme? So delicious, dear, thank you...

Putting her bowl carefully on the table, she then addresses her companions.

The fort is clearly in disrepair, but having a few towers is already a good thing, yes my dears? I'd probably find it best to hide myself in one of them. If I must, I guess I could lay down under a blanket for the sake of creating a surprise, though my poor old bones may not be happy about that. When the battle begins, I am prepared to summon a few impediments. Fog and vines can be terribly inconvenient if you think about it. Once I am done, I will go down and provide some support with my healing... and maybe curse those lawless idiots.

She turns to Rembrand. My dear, you are such an impatient youngster... A live bandit can tell us where his friends are. A dead one... well, dead ones are slightly more difficult to convince. Mama Ru chuckles and takes again her bowl, sipping with great joy and chewing the pieces of meat with... considerable difficulties.

She clearly was paying more attention that it seemed.

Show

Mama Ru can throw entangle on some of the bandits, so maybe that'll be her first move, to separate their chargers. She then can obscure fog the hell out of the archers. She is still enormously weak, though, so if targeted by an archer there's a high chance she gets down XD

14. - Top - End - #14

MindFlayer

"Ahh.. My Sensei once told me that "The way to treat men who behave as wild animals is by considering them no more then beasts." I happen to have just the tools for trapping beasts at the ready. If you remember their usual path once inside..." Bleakbog looks at Oleg and his wife as he goes to his pack and gathers something heavy wrapped in a piece of cloth. He walks back to the table with an excited gleam in his eyes. Unceremoniously dropping the ting on the table and the cloth unfurls to reveal a large iron contraption consisting of an, at the moment, closed jaw of long brutal iron teeth. "... then they shall get treated as the beasts they are."

Looking over at Zeek. "How many do you need alive, Boss?"

Show
    Bleakbog was more of the last and only choice available as an apprentice to an 'old traveling mysterious oriental warriorTM'. So Bleakbog has 11 beartraps that could be used to make sure anyone truing to get into melee with our shooters will have a nasty surprise. Or perhaps incapacitate one or two of the bandits before the battle really has started.
    Last edited by Tiny; 2016-11-09 at 06:11 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Seeing that Ravaena already took the horses inside, Hjorvar follows Svetlana and seats himself at the table, immediately grabbing a big loaf of bread and wolfing it down in a heartbeat. Grabbing and subsequently spilling a cup of wine, he ends up letting out a few dwarven curses but is interrupted when Zeek calls his name. "Can do", he replies and listens to the rest of the plan. He then goes back to trying to feed himself with an unhealthily rapid pace, taking no real part in the conversation until he reacts to what Bleakbog says: "Great, a Goblin who chatters in proverbs is just what my day needed." With this, he wipes his mouth with his sleeve and leaves to work at the gate as per Zeek's request.

Show
    Does the counterweight require a skill check?

Hjorvar has a couple spells for manipulating the battlefield, namely Expeditious Construction (a 5x10ft wall) and Expeditious Excavation (a 5x5ft hole).
    Last edited by OmnivorousOgre; 2016-11-09 at 10:03 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

RedKnightGirl

"Master Orlovsky," Ravaena interjects, "I do not relish the idea of leaving your side. If there is a heated melee I should be in a position to intercept any hostiles attacking you."

17. - Top - End - #17

Rembrand shook his head as if cleaning his thoughts and spoke up: "There was just a few of them comming over right? If we let anyone survi-" He stopped himself, and then continued: "Ehem, wouldnt they miss their comrades and thus launch an offensive on us? Regardless if there is anyone that escape the ambush we would have no time to prepare.... unless... we do exactly that and draw the rest of them out of hiding saving us the trouble of finding them?" Rembrands cruel grin was not to be mistaken, it seemed he enjoyed that thought way too much.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Faux sat at the table quietly, listening to what the others were saying. He made a cheese sandwich, and dipped the bread in the wine as he ate it. He wished there were grapes as well, but was grateful for the meal he got. This lady would not come to harm, as she was good to Faux. That is, unless, she was one who would conspire against him. Time would tell.

"I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I saw a g-g-g-GOOOOOD hiding spo-spo-spot. It is by the fort wall"

As he said this, he didn't meet anybody's gaze, but rather stared into the middle distance, wringing his grimy hands. He scratched his butt again, and gave a loud snort.

He turned to the other goblin, saying "We-we-we-we-we sh-sh-should fire fr-fr-from opposite directions. Throw them o-o-ff.""

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"The more we can split them up and collect information, the more precise our evaluation can be of the area. Is there one group of twenty, is it two groups of eight? Are they all just independents working as a temporary group or are they organized under a specific leadership group? Is there a leadership group or just an individual?" and sips some wine, "The fact is, the more information we can get from them the better. It would not surprise me if they try to lie at first. The first will test our resolve, the rest will become more truthful once they figure out the consequences. I'm sure some of our unique talents will motivate them. Again, the more details we can get, the better we can take care of the root of the problem."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Oleg and Svetlana seem a little uncomfortable with your discussion, but leave you to it, excusing themselves relatively quickly.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    The stables are in reasonable condition, and it seems there are four horses within.

Building a counterweight to close the gate when someone walks through would be a Craft (Trapmaking) check, probably. Simply making it easy to close them, and doing so from a distance, more like Knowledge (Engineering). Either can substitute for each other with a penalty, and the cost is minimal enough to be assumed it is provided by Oleg.

Let me know if you guys want to move on e.g. sleeping so you can get on to the next day, getting either Oleg or Svetlana to ask them something, etc. Also if I missed anything

21. - Top - End - #21

MindFlayer

Bleakbog looks at his stuttering comrade and gives him a sagely nod. "You clearly think better than you speak or smell, Faux. Of course we shall surround and surprise them to the best of our ability." Silently congratulating himself on giving his friend such a fine compliment Bleakbog tries again to catch the ears of his companions. "By clever placement of these beauties.." He strokes the cold metal gingerly and with a unsettling dreamy look to his features he continues. ". ..we can make sure that no mater where in the fort we chose to engage these bandits they will have no path to engage in melee that does not also cause them to lose a foot or two. Most likely we can then just whack them in the head to knock them senseless when they are weak from blood loss." He cracks his small knuckles in expectation. "A quick smacking and Tadah! We have ourselves some little birds that can sing about their nest or risk loosing more limbs." He takes two spine like darts from his belt with his hand and sets them between thumb and forefinger. Using the two darts in conjunction as a pincer he grabs a small mouthful of meat. "Besides that Boss. "Birds with broken wings does not take flight", as my Sensei used to say." He brings the small piece of meat to his mouth and begins chewing merrily on the tasty morsel.

Show
    I want you to say something immediately if you feel Bleakbog is behaving as to much of an insufferable ass. He is not aiming to insult you personally or cause friction in the group. I am trying to portray him as bad at getting his point across politely. (I am trying to play a type of character which I have precious little experience with.)

22. - Top - End - #22

Flumph

Mama Ru takes a sip of tea, eyeing Oleg and Svetlana as they go away. Then, she speaks again.

My sweet boys, I think with your preparation we should have a good chance of succeeding. Once the battle commences, dears, let us agree... If you call out "Mama Ru", I'll get to you and provide some healing. I can also do that for our dear, mostly silent friend, Rembrant... Life and unlife are, after all, just two faces of the same coin. She sighs. Now, I don't want to be on the way while you boys work on your little trinkets. I think I'll use my time to check arround the surrounding forest. I would hate it there was another path or a tunnel for the bandits to take and surprise us... With your permission, Rembrant, I'll take your kind and silent friend with me... A lady my age can always use some protection

The crone takes some time to finish her meal. Then, she takes her cane and the zombie and she spends the rest of the afternoon checking the nearby trees, and making sure there are no foreseable troubles. Particularly, she worries if there's an easy path or a hidden tunnel the the bandits could use. She's not going far from the tradepost, just exploring the very nearby area.

Show

If we have until tomorrow, I'll probably rest memorize a spell instead of Charm animal. Maybe something to protect myself from arrows.

Mama Ru will merely spend some time checking the nearby trees. There's not so many traps she can install, so she'll just scout a little :P
    Perception (to find tunnels and the such) [roll]1d20+10[/roll]
    Survival (to find tracks of bandits) [roll]1d20+10[/roll]
    I don't expect to find anything, but that's at least something Mama Ru can do before the battle :)
    Last edited by Don nadie; 2016-11-11 at 09:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Show
    Btw Ruu, i dont remember if i actually have made a corpse companion yet or not. What is your call on that GM?

"I have my ways of healing arts aswell, however it require certian...preparations before you could reap the benefits of it." Rembrand shows off a shadowly spiral with his fingers indicating some magic trick. "What would you have me prepare before the ambush Zeek?"
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hjorvar grumbles as Mama Ru leaves through the gate, clearly considering it a disturbance in his work of inspecting it for the counterweight. After finishing that, he goes to get some materials from Oleg and his book. It's a thick tome containing illustrations of various contraptions, structures and buildings and information on how they are built. Referencing the book, he goes about carefully building the counterweight.

Show

Knowledge(Engineering): (1d20+9)[21]
    Just making it easy to close from a distance, so I'm not substituting this for Trapmaking.

After a good while of systematic work in silence, he puts the finishing touches to his work. "That ought to do..." he mumbles and leaves to get his rest for the night.
    Last edited by OmnivorousOgre; 2016-11-12 at 03:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Bleakbog, let's have you setup your traps, one on each side of that storage pen, and one inside. The rest between the two houses, incase they try to rush at Oleg and Svetlana. If Mama Ru stays with Faux on one of the forward towers, and Bleakbog and Hjorvar on the other forward tower, we will have them protected and still able to do their thing. Hjorvar, once the gate doors are closed, use expeditious construction to block the doors closed. The rest of us will make an appearance from the Stables to lay down the pain in melee. Rembrand, your normal selection should be fine."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Smiling with yellowed teeth at Mama Ru, Faux extends a grimy hand, beckoning her to follow him to his cubby.

27. - Top - End - #27

Rembrand nods as Zeek refers to him then rises up and goes over to Oleg: "Theres a few things i like to discuss with you before we continue on with our preparations, first thing was that i asked your wife some questions about these outlaws that would be helpful to know." Repeats the questions he asked earlier: "Do you have any information about the bandits such as numbers, armaments, locations and terrain? And any other information that might help?" And then Rembrand brings out a cup "And secondly, save your water supply for tonight as i have brough more than enough for all of us, however it only lasts for a day so use it fast" Then Rembrands fills the cup with a casting of create water and then offer the cup to Oleg as a proof that the waters are clear and not the making of black magic. "Lets say its compansation in advance for the mess we are going to make" he adds dryly.

Show
    I have a longer question about this over in the OOC thread.
    Last edited by DracoknightZero; 2016-11-14 at 01:02 AM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Oleg looks a little mystified as to why you're offering him water, but then says, "Well, water's not a huge deal, but collecting rainwater or hauling it from a river isn't nothing. Thanks..."

The next morning, Svetlana appears to have prepared a meal for you much like before, with hotcakes, bacon, porridge, dried fruit, tea and coffee on the table as the sun rises. However, she seems somewhat anxious, and though he tries to hide it by scarfing down food, Oleg seems to share her concerns. After polishing his plate, Oleg pauses for a moment before clearing his throat. "So... the bandits should be arriving some time today. I see you've got some plans going on, but, er, what should me and Svetlana be doing while you're... going at it?" Svetlana, hearing this, glances up from her cooking almost apologetically, but listens in on the response.
    Last edited by r2d2go; 2016-11-15 at 04:50 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29

MindFlayer

Enjoying the hospitality of the traders and being pleasantly surprised of the civilized behavior of serving tea at breakfast. Even if the holy beverage is of sub par quality due to being made with inferior stock compared to the leaves he himself carries he nonetheless recognize the attempt. Feeling he owes the couple some encouraging and comforting words Bleakbog looks at the pair with a big grin on his face in something he mistakenly assumes is a disarming and reassuring gesture. "If you can not contribute to the capture of these bandits then you are less then useful at the moment. In fact you are quite a burden to us should you give the plan away prematurely. In the word of my Sensei, "When the wolves are prowling and howling fills the night. The clever bunny stays hidden deep in its burrow and avoid both fight and flight.""

Pleased with himself for so gracefully making sure Oleg and Svetlana keeps out of the way Bleakbog sips on his tea with great pleasure. "By the way Boss. I set the traps where you indicated right before we gathered for this meal." The talkative little goblin looks to his companions to make sure they have heard him. "So don't go stumbling around losing your legs and ruining the setup before the bandits get here. They take forever pry open once they snap shut on the bone and we don't want to alert the bandits to our presence with any sudden cries of pain."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"I would say the best thing for both of you would be to stick around inside the house, and once the bandits come rolling in, you should make a token appearance before retreating back inside. Giving the illusion that you have become so complacent that you don't need to supervise them should lower their guard even more." and looking at the feast, "We should be mindful to clean this all up soon, I would hate for our plans to fall apart due to dishes being left on the table."