New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: In Search of Sanity [IC, Group #2]

Eric staggers away from the 'woman' and is nearly overcome with a rush of emotion as well as a terrible headache. An unseen hand pushes the creature toward the ceiling.

Spoiler
    Show
    not optimal, but its fun.

burning lore + overcharge for CL5 hostile lift to toss it into the ceiling, will DC17 negates
    attack the ceiling (1d20+6)[22] vs AC5 for a square
    damage to both (hardness of ceiling means it is probably okay, creature less so) (1d6+5)[11]

backlash (1d100)[99] low bad
    exhausted

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

Does Eric give chase first since she left? or, does he simply ready this action in case she comes back? (See Edit on last OOC post.)
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.

3. - Top - End - #273

R1T17: Eric moves 30' up the hallway, 10' before the hole in the wall leading back into the room.

R1T15: Knuckles bolts forward past Eric and right up to the hole in the wall, but wanting light she holds there.

R1T13: Jacqui unclicks the leash from the ring on Bishop's collar. "Go ahead boy, go get her!"

R1T9: Flair, what do you do?

Haru on deck, Patient 601 in the hole ... both are free to post.
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, no you don't!" Flair yelled, chasing after the shapeshifter.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm moving as close as possible to the thing. Let me know If I'm close enough to make an attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

5. - Top - End - #275

R1T9: "Oh, no you don't!" Flair yelled, chasing after the shapeshifter, following her/it back into the room and with the destruction of the room into a tiny alcove section around a tight bend so that only two people could get to it. The creature ... is cowering in what might be fear, though it's hard to tell from a creature of this sort.

R1T7: Haru, what do you do? You can do a double move and get right up to being side-by-side with Flair to threaten this thing while adjacent (the only way to threaten or get at it).

Patient 601, you are on deck. If Haru does not want to be Flair's basher-buddy, do you fill into the hole? What do you do?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Drawing his scimitar and taking those stuttering steps, the ashen-faced man runs towards the room the creature is hiding in. His mouth waters, and he's struck with a sense of madcap desire and biting hunger as his bird soars past him.

Show
    Can't draw and move at the same time (since I'm assuming everything but the 'Drop her with a shout' part of my last post didn't happen), so I'm drawing and then moving. How'd you'd like me to handle my raven in combat situations, would you prefer to narrate it's actions?
    Last edited by pfm1995; 2016-12-05 at 09:57 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277

Spoiler: Patient 601
    Show
    Oh, to have a +1 BAB and be a mighty warrior-occultist.

For now, especially in combat, run your familiar. However, you still have to communicate tactics, intentions, and orders to your familiar. Yes, you do so telepathically, but I need to "see it." It is a type of communication which, though fantastically rare to happen, can be eavesdropped upon.

Haru?
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Barely gave me a bloody hour and a half....

Haru will move as far as he can to catch up to the Gray, leaving his Nunchaku where it was stored, but with his fist at the ready.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh to be a warrior type without +1 BAB
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

9. - Top - End - #279

R1T7: Haru moves into the room and then the alcove to catch up to the Gray, leaving his Nunchaku where it was stored, but with his fist at the ready. He and Flair now threaten the ... cowering? ... Gray.

R1T5: Drawing his scimitar and taking those stuttering steps, the ashen-faced man runs towards the room the creature is hiding in. His mouth waters, and he's struck with a sense of madcap desire and biting hunger as his bird soars past him.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T21:
    Bishop runs on his little legs past the ashen-faced man and into the room, barking wildly behind Flair and Haru because he can't get to the Gray (no more room in the little alcove to move through their squares).

R2T20: Zarinda, what do you do?

Gray on deck, Eric in the hole ...
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Zarinda pursues the fleeing Gray, firing off another arrow as she does so

Show
    (1d20+6)[10] attack & (1d6)[2] damage (no bonuses added since I probably cant move enough to get into short range, have to fire long
    #GoreMutualarejerks

11. - Top - End - #281

R2T20: Zarinda pursues the fleeing Gray, but it is gone before she can get off an arrow. She gets into the well-lit (courtesy of Haru and Flair) portion of the room where there is an alcove she can't get to (they're in/at it and it is on a bend), and Bishop is barking wildly).

R2T19: The Gray is backed against a corner but isn't taking any hostile action, practically cowering.

R2T17: Eric, you are left in the hallway with Jacqui and the patient on the floor. What do you do?

Knuckles on deck, Flair in the hole, Jacqui delaying (moving her out of initiative since she is going to watch over the unconscious man) ...
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Eric follows into the room, seeing the cowering grey. "Maybe now would be a good time to start talking, yeah? We have guards that want you dead and the only thing we have seen that looked like you was a sadistic monster, so you should start adding putting weight on your side of the scale quickly if you want to survive the next moments."

13. - Top - End - #283

R2T17: Eric follows into the room. Though he can't see the cowering grey, he is by Zarinda and Bishop and looking at Flair and Haru looking into the alcove. He calls out, "Maybe now would be a good time to start talking, yeah? We have guards that want you dead and the only thing we have seen that looked like you was a sadistic monster, so you should start adding putting weight on your side of the scale quickly if you want to survive the next moments."

R2T15: Knuckles follows into the room behind the others.

R2T9: Flair, what do you do?

Haru on deck, 601 in the hole ...
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, this will probably backfire horribly. Flair thought. Let's do this anyway. "I don't really want to hurt you if I don't have to. Give me a reason not to."

15. - Top - End - #285

Haru, what do you do?

Patient 601 on deck ...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Haru stops for a second, thinking, and finally resists the urge to beat on her, instead preparing himself in case she turns out to be doing something unexpected.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready an action to Energy Blade her if she takes a truly hostile action. That is to say, attempts to physically harm anyone. He won't act on a hair trigger for anything more than hostile attacks or hostile spellcasting.

Attack Roll (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage (1d3+1)[2] + (1d6)[2] Frost, Fort Save DC 16 or staggered for one round.

Remember that Haru never provokes for using Energy Blade in Melee.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Stopping short from slamming into everyone's backs, the ashen faced man shifts from foot to foot in a combination of nervousness and excitedness while his bird settles on his shoulder. "Beware, the dybbukim are never satisfied until their evil work is done." And what is this mutt, that it scares the spirit?

18. - Top - End - #288

R2T9: Well, this will probably backfire horribly. Flair thought. Let's do this anyway. "I don't really want to hurt you if I don't have to. Give me a reason not to."

R2T7: Haru stops for a second, thinking, and finally resists the urge to beat on her, instead preparing himself in case she turns out to be doing something unexpected.

R2T5: Stopping short from slamming into everyone's backs, the ashen faced man shifts from foot to foot in a combination of nervousness and excitedness while his bird settles on his shoulder.

"Beware, the dybbukim are never satisfied until their evil work is done," he warns the others. And what is this mutt, that it scares the spirit?

End Round 2, Begin Round 2 ...

R3T21:
    Bishop is barking and yapping and bouncing back and forth.

R3T20: Zarinda has no target and delays...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm moving ahead for everyone's sake. If you do have something, let me know.

R3T19: The mouthless, expressionless Gray is in the corner partly cowering - either it/she can't respond, or won't respond, to Flair's words. She/it puts her/its hands over her/its earholes, withdrawing into herself/itself and shaking its head.

R3T17: Eric, what do you do?

Knuckles, Jacqui delaying, Flair on deck, Haru in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-12-10 at 11:15 PM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Its not possible to execute even a 5 foot step to have a line of sight to her?
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #290

No, they pretty much have her bottled up.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

If you dont intend to finish her off, give me a clear line of sight and I willl
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2016-12-10 at 11:14 AM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

22. - Top - End - #292

Zarinda calls for a clear LOS (as above).

Eric, what do you do?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

(If it isn't fighting, why are we still in initiative?)

"Come on, give us something to work with here!"

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I tried. though Flair. He then steps aside so Zarinda could take her shot.

25. - Top - End - #295

R3T17: Zarinda calls, "If you don't intend to finish her off, give me a clear line of sight and I will!"

Eric adds, "Come on, give us something to work with here!"

R3T9.1-9: Well, I tried, thought Flair. He then moves to back out of the alcove so Zarinda could take her shot. Just before he passes Haru the Gray takes a forceful slash towards him, but not before Haru gives a charged downwards chop to its right thigh for 2 + 2 cold. Having no means without a mouth formed to take that gasp from the cold the pain is internalized, and that is not a good thing. Still, it is not enough to halt the Gray's cheap on Flair as he passes by and gets slashed by its large, powerful claws across his right shoulder for 7 - a nasty wound, to be sure. The thing no longer seems to be in a timid posture, though it is still reeling and nursing its new leg wound. Still, Flair manages to open datum.

R3T8: Zarinda fills into the hole, passing by Haru and gritting her teeth for what might come as she comes into the alcove and sees the Gray in the corner. But she notes that Flair just took a cheap shot, which might be what she needs. She fires at point blank range without getting attacked, but the strange gray flesh is both pliant and resilient as her arrow bounces off the thing. She and Haru now are the only ones adjacent to the Gray (or w/ LOS). She has a bow, so she is not threatening.
    Spoiler: MikelaC1
    Show
    I took your turn simply because you already implied your stated action and to move this along. I hope you don't mind (other than the fact Zarinda missed).

There is nothing for Patient 601 to do right now, so he is technically delaying ...

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T21:
    The adolescent-sized otterhound instantly stops barking when the wounded Flair comes back into the main part of this room. Bishop barks a couple times non-threatingly at Flair, goes up to him and makes some moderate-volume baying noise and licks the four slash lines of the deep lacerations on Flair, and Flair instantly feels a warm, burning-prickling-balming combination as the puppy's tongue glows and that glows and fully heals and closes Flair (no longer wounded).

R4T19: The gray's movement is off and it sends a poor slash out at Haru which he easily sidesteps.

R4T9.1: Haru, what do you do?

Flair on deck, Zarinda in the hole, Eric/ Knuckles/ Patient 601 delaying ...
    Spoiler: Zarinda
    Show
    Though the gray appears staggered from a contusion that appears frostbitten on its leg, the creature still "regained its balance" as far as resetting AOOs since it took its turn. If you shoot again this time, it will provoike an AOO since you are threatened and there is nowhere to go to shoot and not be at PB range. Actually, there is nowhere else to go in this little space at all.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Haru will pull out his Nunchaku and start off at the Gray with it, allowing his ability to infuse his weapon as it had his fists before now. "To think I showed you mercy..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Draw Nunchaku
    Standard action: Energy Blade (Frost Blast)

Attack roll (1d20+5)[6]
    Damage (1d6+1)[5] + (1d6)[5] Frost Damage Fort Save DC 16 or staggered for one round.

27. - Top - End - #297

R4T9.1: Haru will pull out a type of weapon that is strange to Zarinda (nunchaku) and starts off at the Gray with it, allowing his ability to infuse his weapon as it had his fists before now. "To think I showed you mercy," he says, barely recovering fast enough to not pull a muscle from that overtension (but with reflexes that should impress even Zarinda). The Gray no longer seems staggered.

R4T8: Zarinda ... threatened in melee is not the way you want to be, and if this is anything like the Gray you fought in the basement, they are vastly superior physical opponents. What do you do?

Everyone in the party is delaying at this time and can post.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair tripped as the fiend slashed his legs. As he starts to swear in Abyssal, the dog comes over to lick his wounds, which somehow heals him. As Flair gets back to his feet, he looks at the dog in awe. What the heck are you?

29. - Top - End - #299

The pooch gives a tilt-head look at Flair, like dogs sometimes give humans that talk to them. But danger is not over and there is a deadly battle raging in the little nook. It returns to barking. When this thing gets to full size (something about it makes you think it's not full size), it's going to have a wild bark.
    Have you seen a picture of the otterhound ... though this one is not full size. You notice that stringy hair for its fur, but something seems strange about it. Something your eyes can't quite reconcile, but it is on an intuitive and not an analytical level. You did notice there was some kind of symbol on its front chest, but since that is at the bottom of the hound, it's hard to see now.

Zarinda?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

With the Gray now at point blank range, Zarinda can let loose with her best shot, and that's just what she is going to do.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    (1d20+7)[12] attack & (1d6+1)[4] damage
    #GoreMutualarejerks