New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Murder At Hogwarts

All votes matter, we don't know how much magic power each vote is worth.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Thematthew seems too sure of himself. Let's teach him a lesson.' Igor grumbled grimmly
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2016-12-17 at 07:19 PM.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I can also Tea Leaves, so four people, and everyone in the Order can also Tea Leaves and, if not bothered by other priorities, grab some ingredients and Visions each night. If we don't find Voldie, we'd lynch Inner Circle, if we had no more Inner Circle we'd lynch uncooperative Death Eaters, if we had none of those we'd lynch Order.

We can all scry. Kill spells will never reach due to Switches.

Garraban is IC.
    If I understand correctly, your plan is to scry people to see a) their number of spellbooks, and b) the powers they used last night. Then if the numbers show that they must be getting an extra Voldie bonus, you know it's Voldemort. So you'd need to spend several spellbooks on Tea Leaves for that to work.
    I agree with thematthew that I'd be worried about Voldie not using all his spellbooks.

AvatarVecna: Do scrying spells (e.g. Tea Leaves or Visons) tell you how much power the target put into each spell, or just what spells they used?

In any case it looks like most of the Death Eaters who are voting are siding with thematthew, so I think agreeing with them will give me the best chance. Therefore, Lex-Kat.
    I actually think that if you can find Voldie with Tea Leaves, your plan would have a decent probability of not killing as many Death Eaters, but I'm not convinced of that "if". Also, this is more thematic RP-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    As an aside, don't target Murska with kill spells, he has a one shot item that allows him to become immune to all spells for a turn, at the cost of being unable to cast any himself.

I'm sorry for giving him access to it, I had no idea he was Order at the time. I'll spend my time making copies tomorrow and will distribute then to anyone who can show me proof of being inner circle.
    I'd say thematthew is pretty confirmed inner circle since there haven't been any counterclaims.

Speaking of items, I have a bag of magic dust and a pair of carved wooden dice from the Room of Hidden Things. Think I should use them?

Quote Originally Posted by Thematthew View Post
    Elenna, the reason I'm voting for Lex and not Murska s that She's the more dangerous of the two. He's a Diviner, so his spell bonus is not to any kill, bane, void, or switch spells.

Murska is so desperately clinging to his plan here because I'm right. If Lex wasn't an order member he would have used that to discredit me by letting her get lynched, because that is the stronger play and he doesn't have the resources to care about the Death Eaters winning.

Lynch Lex, because Murska is proving me right now, then rob the crap out of them in the middle of the night. They will only have two people, and don't have enough kill mojo to kill more than one person with a decent magic score.
    Fair enough, I hadn't considered that Murska is basically proving you right about Lex.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    AvatarVecna: Do scrying spells (e.g. Tea Leaves or Visons) tell you how much power the target put into each spell, or just what spells they used?
    Divinations that report powers (whether powers used by the target or on the target) do in fact report the power level of the spell as well, in a format like "Obliviate P4" or "Herbalism P2", although it does not indicate who the Vision target was targeting/targeted by for those spells.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #305
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

When Murska first posted about the plan to win, I'm being honest, I almost sided with him. But as I think Elenna pointed out, there really is no way to find voldemort through scries. Having alignment shown through scries would make things so much easier. But alas, here we are.

The way I see it, finding Voldemort three times without knowing alignment is very hard to do (the Order hasn't done it yet in three nights.)
    Finding Order members is really easy to do, considering we know specific names (Lex-Kat)

thematthew

To clarify, who are the other confirmed Order members? There's Murska and igor, did I miss anyone else?

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Apologies, apparently I missed that Eggel borrowed library books as well. I'm really not as on top of things as I should be.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground

All i got from the hidden room roulet are spellbooks and food...
    And is Visions not a 5/5 spell whit a chance that someone is a fool? And can be fooled by switching? And banns? And Voiding?

Also, as Deatheater whit a Transfiguration/Dark Arts Combo, i can say for sure that spells can be powered to 5 whit only 3 Spellbooks. Every argument of the Order is now invalid.

Murska, Lex-Kat, Igor... That are all?
    Last edited by Generic-Guy; 2016-12-18 at 05:58 AM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    If I understand correctly, your plan is to scry people to see a) their number of spellbooks, and b) the powers they used last night. Then if the numbers show that they must be getting an extra Voldie bonus, you know it's Voldemort. So you'd need to spend several spellbooks on Tea Leaves for that to work.
    I agree with thematthew that I'd be worried about Voldie not using all his spellbooks.
    Tea Leaves also shows me how many spellbooks they have.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, we'll be targeting kill spells on those people who are not IC and are voting for us, in the hopes we get lucky. If you want to stay out of it, vote off-wagon.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Meeting Four Ends

The arguments that day were loud, and for once rather focused. As the day drew to a close, one faction grew stronger in number than the other, and the leader struck down their target in anger.

Results

Lex-Kat was lynched. They were a Herbology Expert Order Member.

thematthew was deputized.

Night Four begins, and will end in ~72 hours.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2016-12-18 at 07:43 PM.

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #310
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Disc Lorde slumps down in his chair, exhausted. "Bloody Peeves," he mutters. He gradually breaks into laughter as the other professors make accusations, claims, and requests for aid. "So it was Murska. I told you lot, didn't I? We could have taken care of him and his Order already, but you decided to point your wands at me and force me to lay off him to save my own skin. Well I say we lynch..." He realizes that everyone else has already killed someone. "...nevermind."

(Started to post and was ninja'd by the narrator. Oh well.)

- - - Updated - - -

(Was going to vote one of the people who voted for me for lynch, and myself for deputy, with RP.)

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Disce Lord, you traitor!" Igor growled.
    "Trying to save your own skin. Eh?"

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #312
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Isn't there supposed to be a deputy?

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eggel View Post
    Isn't there supposed to be a deputy?
    Apologies, deputy has been officially declared in the End Of Meeting post; thematthew was deputized.

My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #314
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Disce Lord, you traitor!" Igor growled.
    "Trying to save your own skin. Eh?"
    Disc Lorde raises an eyebrow. "Traitor? I don't remember agreeing to die for your Order, Igor. And yes, I certainly am trying to save my own skin. My apologies to the Dark Lord, but I never expected to have to die for him."
    Last edited by Disc Lorde; 2016-12-18 at 11:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

"We both know you are an order member as well."

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #316
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Professor Disc. When you are a member of the Order, you will die as the last one. And shouldn't you be one, or change sites after all other are killed and their bodys burned as warning for that that follow, i am sure we can arange a unbreakable vow for you. If our Lord agrees, of course. Haveing a spy in their lines can be usefull. 'Disc Lord, the survivor of the slaugther on hogwart survived to warn the Order.' But it isn't the same Disc Lord they used to infiltrate us..."

17. - Top - End - #317
    Dwarf in the Playground

A ghostly form flits down from the ceiling and calls out to the assembled wizards and witches.

"Oi! How many death eaters does it take to stir a cauldron?"
    "Just one; they put their wand in the cauldron and the earth revolves around them!"

Cackling laughter echoes throughout the room and a face materializes on the back of Duck999's head. "Am I doing it right Dark Lord? Find an empty headed professor and take up residence in the empty brain pan?"

18. - Top - End - #318
    Dwarf in the Playground

If i could, i would call the ghostbusters... Wait, we got a guys for this in the ministerium?

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

The moderately Evil looking Professor, for once, silently watches all this.
    Stonefaced.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Can someone bring me a Owl? I am going to write to the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, Spirit Division. I am not going to take care of this ghost, the poltergeist is allready more than enogth..."

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Between travel time, shopping, and family, I'm going to have fairly limited access to the forum until after New Years. I've still got time to answer questions, if any arise, but I don't have the handful of hours in a row I'd need to sit down and hammer out all the Night Action details without losing track of things - I barely manage to keep track of things as it is.

The Night will end New Years day.

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is going to be a long night...
    I claim the salty popcorn.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Cool, I'm going to be away between Dec 24 and Dec 30 (inclusive) anyways.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Generic-Guy View Post
    You can have it, if you like.

I am more of a Peanut-guy anyway.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Generic-Guy View Post
    Yep, long night. Just two and a bit days until Christmas (here at least), so hopefully I'll get something good then to help pass the time.

Also don't hog ALL the salty popcorn, some of us hate the sweet stuff and I don't want to miss the action getting more.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yep, long night. Just two and a bit days until Christmas (here at least), so hopefully I'll get something good then to help pass the time.

Also don't hog ALL the salty popcorn, some of us hate the sweet stuff and I don't want to miss the action getting more.
    Of coure i will sharea bitof the popcorn, just expect that when you seek it, it is probably whit me.

Well, to pass time: I vote in the color #AFEEEE to night-lynch this flatfooted ghost. His terible sence off humor must be PUN-ished! He can't ex-spectre to get away with this... Got anyone a vacuum-cleaner?

PS: I think not this will affect in any way this game.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Any update on when the night will end and the game will continue?

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post
    Any update on when the night will end and the game will continue?
    Will be done Friday at noon.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Will be done Friday at noon.
    Can we get a time zone? Because I'm personally in GMT, and I'm sure there are people in several other time zones wandering about this castle, It'll allow us to know when to check the thread.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Can we get a time zone? Because I'm personally in GMT, and I'm sure there are people in several other time zones wandering about this castle, It'll allow us to know when to check the thread.
    I'm in CST.

My Homebrew