New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW for Pathfinder Thread V: Golarion Strikes Back

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    A 302 Addendum: Complicated. What you describe basically doesn't work, as apparently you can´t disrupt a demiplane from the inside, it being not targetable. Casting an AMF would more or less accomplish nothing in this setup.
    I think it would accomplish something in this case (because Lesser CDP has a duration and is therefore being maintained by magic.) But there is no "center" that the spell effect is emanating from, thus your AMF won't be able to suppress the whole thing - it would only suppress the part of the plane that your bubble covers, leaving the background planar conditions (Astral or Ethereal, depending on where you made it) extant.

More powerful forms of the spell would not interact with AMF, I agree there.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #842
    Bugbear in the Playground

Q303: Is there some way to prevent that a construct is automatically destroyed at 0 hp?
    Avatar made by Mehangel - "Neigh?"

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Q304: Can you use Trip (or disarm etc) with Cleave? Can you choose to use an attack or trip for either attack?
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2017-10-05 at 06:14 AM.

4. - Top - End - #844

A303: Your only hope appears to be to prevent the damage in the first place or change its type.

A304: For those two, yes, you can combine those with special attacks like Cleave, Charge, AoOs etc.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ettin in the Playground

Q305: Can a wizard have a natural bonded weapon?

6. - Top - End - #846

A305: No, for a couple of reasons:

- The weapon must be an object, which natural weapons are not (they are instead parts of a creature.)
    - If you bond a weapon, it must be "held in one hand", which again natural weapons are not.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #847
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 306

A tower shield says does not provide cover against targeted spells. What are the extents of this. Looking at 2 spells, Charm Person and Scorching Ray, does the total cover protect against both, just charm person, just scorching ray, or neither?

Q 307

can you 5-foot step diagonally around a tower shield to completely negate its ability, or does that count as a corner and fall under the "You can’t move diagonally past a corner (even by taking a 5-foot step)." rule?
    Last edited by Zsaber0; 2017-10-08 at 07:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

A 306 Targeted spells are ones that effect targets. Charm Person is a targeted spell, so a caster could target someone with a Tower Shield just fine, as they're still right there. Scorching Ray has the effect of creating rays, so they couldn't target someone for who the shield is granting total cover from through that edge. They could target the tower shield, however, possibly destroying it and removing the cover, though it would take some serious damage to do so.

A 307 Using a tower shield to give yourself total cover does not make you a wall with a hard corner, so someone could 5' so that their attacks are not going through the edge that you temporarily have total cover from.

Q 308 How does Furyborn interact with other special abilities that increase the enhancement bonus of the weapon, like Furious or Bane? Does Furyborn include the increase from Furious if raging for its cap or does it go on top? For example, say you're a Barbarian with a +1 Furious Furyborn Falcata (say that three times fast ). You rage, the Falcata effectively becomes +3. You hit a target, it becomes +4 (+1 normal, +1 increase from Furyborn, +2 from Furious). If you hit that same target twice more, is it a +5 or +6 Falcata (+1 normal, +2 Furious, +3? Furyborn)?
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

9. - Top - End - #849

A308: It says the enhancement bonus increases (rather than being a separate one of its own) so it stacks. Note that the hard cap however is +10.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #850
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 309.307B

The tower shield does say "That edge is treated as a solid wall for attacks targeting you only." Or does it not matter since it specifies "for attacks targeting you only"?
    Last edited by Zsaber0; 2017-10-09 at 05:02 PM.

11. - Top - End - #851

Quote Originally Posted by Zsaber0 View Post
    Q 309.307B

The tower shield does say "That edge is treated as a solid wall for attacks targeting you only." Or does it not matter since it specifies "for attacks targeting you only"?
    The "only" is pretty clear, so Cieryn's answer is correct by RAW. Whether they intended that is another matter, but we have no way of knowing unless there is a dev post hiding somewhere.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 310 If a Brawler temporarily changes size, like Reduce Person, could they Martial Flexibility into a feat that requires a specific size, like Low Profile?
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

13. - Top - End - #853

A310: It's a combat feat and you meet the prereqs, so yes. Keep in mind that if/when the spell ends, you no longer qualify for the feat and so can't use it (until the spell is recast on you etc. to make you requalify.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #854
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q311 does bardic performance give a bonus to cmb?

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ettin in the Playground

A 311 Assuming you mean Inspire Courage, which provides a competence bonus to attack rolls, combat maneuvers requires an attack roll, so Inspire Courage does make you better at making them.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

16. - Top - End - #856
    Barbarian in the Playground

Q312:
    Any slayer/rogue archetypes that specialize in fighting with daggers primarily?

Q313: Any monk archetypes that revolve around defense primarily maybe with an emphasis on drinking?

Thanks been out of things awhile so memory is hazy trying to come up with ideas off fleeting memories

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ettin in the Playground

A 312 Knife Master Rogue is your best bet for your daggering needs. Slayer doesn't appear to have any dagger-focused archetypes, though Swashbucklers do with the Flying Blade.

A 313 Drunken Master covers all of your alcohol-powered monastic studies, while there's a number of defensive monk archetypes out there, like Flowing Monk, Monk of the Sacred Mountain, Ironskin Monk and Student of the Stone, though Qingong/Unchained can grant defensive ki powers as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

18. - Top - End - #858
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 314 what kind of action is using a command word? Specifically I want to know what kind of action is transforming a shrinked item back to its original size (shrink item spell). I mean like standard, move, swift, free etc.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

A314: i believe if you are casting a spell it would be standard action, though if you are merely giving a command to a spell that has already been cast and taken effect, it would be a swift action.

Q315:
    Where can i find a list of boons / obedience's for the gods in regards to the Deifitic Obedience feat? i found This Guide that LOOKS like it helps... but it doesn't actually explain anything, it just sorts of vaguely summarizes and rates the boons / obidiences without actually telling us anything about them or what they are.

@V thanks
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2017-10-19 at 04:21 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #860

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    A314: i believe if you are casting a spell it would be standard action, though if you are merely giving a command to a spell that has already been cast and taken effect, it would be a swift action.
    I'm not sure it would even be that, since you can unshrink it just by dropping the item. I would rule that speaking the command word is just as easy (i.e. free action) but the spell itself is unfortunately unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Q315: Where can i find a list of boons / obedience's for the gods in regards to the Deifitic Obedience feat? i found This Guide that LOOKS like it helps... but it doesn't actually explain anything, it just sorts of vaguely summarizes and rates the boons / obidiences without actually telling us anything about them or what they are.
    A315: The reason you don't see any there are because the gods are product identity / Golarion material, so d20pfsrd can't host them since it has its own storefront. You can instead find the boons at Archives of Nethys under each deity's individual entry (e.g. Abadar)
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-10-19 at 04:14 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #861
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Q316: Can you summon ice elementals (or other elementals from quasi-elemental planes) with summon monster?
    Last edited by Calthropstu; 2017-10-20 at 07:59 AM.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Dwarf in the Playground

A316

Starting with Summon Monster 2 you can summon a "Elemental (Small)" creature. By raw this would be any elemental with the "label" of small. What you choose to summon however may not be the intended use of the spell and is therefore up to the DM.
    Last edited by Zsaber0; 2017-10-20 at 10:22 AM.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Q317: If a level 17 pathfinder ranger, with all of his levels in ranger, takes the feat Boon Companion, what effect does this have? Does the companion get boosted up to druid companion levels, i.e. 14 HD? Does it get HD equal to class level, i.e. 17 HD? Is this solely for use in the case that the PC took levels in another class, and this just boosts the animal companion up to ranger animal companion, i.e. 12 HD (i.e. NO benefit for someone who took all his levels in ranger?)

Thanks
    Last edited by mistermysterio; 2017-10-20 at 10:23 AM.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Dwarf in the Playground

A317

For animal companions a ranger’s effective druid level is equal to his ranger level –3, so 14 at level 17. Adding in boon companion would pump it up 4 level, to a maximum effective druid level equal to your character level. So the ranger would count as a 17th level druid for animal companion reason and stats should be calculated as such.

25. - Top - End - #865

A317: The first one; you would get full druid progression on your animal companion, and for a full druid 17, your animal companion would have 14 HD. Without this feat, your ranger animal companion would only have 12 HD (Druid 14.) Yes, pure rangers do benefit from this feat.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #866
    Orc in the Playground

Q318 what is the hardness and hit points of a shrunken object (as per shrunk item spell)? the same the object has in its original size?

27. - Top - End - #867

A318: The only change the spell can make to composition is "cloth-like." So I would say the hardness changes if you choose that option. Otherwise, it doesn't say it affects hardness or hit points, so it doesn't.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #868
    Orc in the Playground

Q319 is there a RAW description of a tower shield with a small glass window or small slit allowing yourself to have total cover without losing line of sight?

29. - Top - End - #869

A319 clarification: Total cover actually blocks line of effect, not necessarily line of sight. What specifically are you trying to do?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

Q320: Any idea why Elemental Spell and Elemental Bloodline don't include Sonic damage as a possible element to convert too? i want to make a sonic-damage based sorceress / bard but sonic spells are so limited, i was hoping i could change things like fireball or acid splash into sonic-spells. if yuou happen to know anything that would let me change a spell to sonic damage, please let me know
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show