New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1492
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Crusader Kings II Thread IV: Time to Create a New Title

Well, I learned something new today in my Turkish Nomad game.

apparently, if you execute over 80 people at once...There's a chance that the game will crash.

Good Times.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

My game crashed yesterday when I tried to kill 30 people at once. There was no freezing or eggtiming or even an error message, the game just closed.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ettin in the Playground

How do you kill a lot of people at once? I've always had to kill them one at a time.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnoman View Post
    How do you kill a lot of people at once? I've always had to kill them one at a time.
    Reapers Due adds a couple buttons to do many things at once to prisoners. I think you can kill, release, or ransom in job lots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

5. - Top - End - #1265

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Reapers Due adds a couple buttons to do many things at once to prisoners. I think you can kill, release, or ransom in job lots.
    It's actually Monks and Mystics that adds those, but otherwise you are correct. It's also possible to filter who you kill/ransom/release, and to specifically exclude certain characters from mass prisoner actions.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

6. - Top - End - #1266

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    It's actually Monks and Mystics that adds those, but otherwise you are correct. It's also possible to filter who you kill/ransom/release, and to specifically exclude certain characters from mass prisoner actions.
    I could swear that Reaper's Due added some quality of life UI change. Either way, my current list of next expansions to get is:

1. Holy Fury
    2. Jade Dragon
    3. Reapers Due
    4. Way of Life
    5. Monks and Mystics

Way of Life is probably the cheapest of the lot, but Holy Fury is the most awesome looking.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I have everything but Holy Fury (along with some content pack/dlc). I would really like an Alternate History thing, were you could select options, like how far different religions spread, how much culture happened, or how much certain events occurred. It would be nice, I think there is supposed to be one in of the paradox games that lets you do a random world to start.

Otherwise, I suppose I could just do and individually change the different province religions, you know, modify what religions control what when starting a game. Take a while to do, but worth it for an alternative start than the standard.

I made some changes, like certain religions won't have AI converting, and more places for the Pope to call crusades for.
    Last edited by russdm; 2018-10-02 at 08:40 PM.
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by russdm View Post
    I have everything but Holy Fury (along with some content pack/dlc). I would really like an Alternate History thing, were you could select options, like how far different religions spread, how much culture happened, or how much certain events occurred. It would be nice, I think there is supposed to be one in of the paradox games that lets you do a random world to start.
    Isn't that, like, one of the main features of Holy Fury?

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Isn't that, like, one of the main features of Holy Fury?
    It could be, I haven't been major attention to it, so if it happens to be. Then that would be really awesome.

From my read through so far, Sold!, I will buy this DLC as soon as I can!

I know it had material for Pagans, and for doing Crusades more and something about bloodlines, but I had forgotten what all of the features were.

(Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ettin in the Playground

Holy Fury looks amazing so far, but it also feels like it's going to be one of the last expansions and that's why they're doing so much.

Makes me kind of sad. Crusader Kings 2 was my first Paradox game.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I am curious, in that would exactly if someone like the Leper King Baldwin IV became Immortal? Would the leprosy still continue? Or would the Leprosy stop?

How exactly difficult or easy is it to get an immortal character? I know checking certain stats are supposed to be done to make it work, but what exactly are the success chances? High? Low? And then what are the best traits to get for Immortal? I mean considering how long you could live in game?

12. - Top - End - #1272

I am curious, in that would exactly if someone like the Leper King Baldwin IV became Immortal? Would the leprosy still continue? Or would the Leprosy stop?

How exactly difficult or easy is it to get an immortal character? I know checking certain stats are supposed to be done to make it work, but what exactly are the success chances? High? Low? And then what are the best traits to get for Immortal? I mean considering how long you could live in game?
    My understanding is that immortality is a low chance thing.

As for traits, the best ones on an immortal are positive traits that are hard to get rid of. Also, having high base values for skills. So things like Genius or Quick are nice, while a character built on having all 7 virtues is eventually going to lose some or all of them.

Also, being immortal just means you don't die of old age or disease. It doesn't stop murder and battlefield death.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

Immortal characters can't die of old age or disease; I think the game effectively gives you an infinite Health score. Best guess is the Immortality event chain would heal the Leprosy, if you were successful, but you would probably still keep any disfigurements you'd acquired from it.

It's.. hard. Basically when you decide to embark on the search for immortality you can have one of your councilors go out and try to find you somebody to help you; each primary stat (represented by the appropriate councilperson) has a slightly different chain. You have better odds if you select the route to immortality that matches your best stat, with different options/chances of success unlocked at several different benchmark levels of the stat. Then you go through an event chain with increasing chances to fail out at each step - even if you pick the 'right'/highest chance options at each step I think it's probably never more than like a 60/40 chance of succeeding. Mostly worth attempting, tho - even when you inevitably fail to achieve true immortality a lot of the events offer pretty good chances at things like stat increases and positive traits.

14. - Top - End - #1274

PirateCaptain

Currently playing an immortal character, and while diseases don't kill you (immortal gives you +10 health), you still get the stat penalties associated with them and you can still be maimed, so I would assume that leoprasy still does whatever it normally does (thinking back, I dont think I've ever played a leper).

Of course, if you're really curious, you could always console in leprosry and immortality and see what happens.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

One big thing to keep in mind about becoming immortal(without console commands) is that it is massively unlikely to actually succeed even if you pick all of the right decisions. There's a very high chance(Something like 80-90% that i've read online) that the mystic that assists you in the quest chain to become immortal is a fraud. If said mystic is a fraud, then you're probably not going to become Immortal.

that's fine though. I'd be disappointed if all of my characters could become Immortal pretty easily.
    Last edited by Leecros; 2018-10-06 at 11:25 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

You can actually somewhat check if your mystic is a fraud or not. Check their primary stat for the questline you chose. The genuine sage will get a +6 bonus to the base stat after the base is determined, so any sage with a base less than 6 is always a fraud, while any sage with a base stat greater than 10 is always the genuine article.

... and you can also check your save-data for information.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    Check their primary stat for the questline you chose. The genuine sage will get a +6 bonus to the base stat after the base is determined, so any sage with a base less than 6 is always a fraud, while any sage with a base stat greater than 10 is always the genuine article.
    considering how base stats are generated; "Always" is a bit of an ask. Still, even if you do get the genunine sage, that's still just one hurdle you have to go through to attain immortality. You could still die horribly or fail.

... and you can also check your save-data for information.
    That's a bit too meta for my tastes...

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    That's a bit too meta for my tastes...
    Man. Imagine if life had save data information!

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean, base-stats are generated as a random number between 0 and 10. So yes. Always. You can easily separate base-stats from trait-modified stats by hovering over the stat in question.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I mean, base-stats are generated as a random number between 0 and 10. So yes. Always. You can easily separate base-stats from trait-modified stats by hovering over the stat in question.
    Yes and it also means that the real sage could have a 6 Base stat and the fake could have better than that. I'm well aware of the difference between base stats and trait-modified stats. I have played the game for more than a few hours.
    Last edited by Leecros; 2018-10-10 at 10:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Troll in the Playground

For what it's worth, the Learning sage is the easiest for telling real from fake - the fake sage will have almost no Learning at all, but the real sage will have a hidden trait that gives them +20 Learning.

So, appropriately enough, if you want to become immortal, start hitting the books!

That being said, it's a really fun goal to pursue, but not really that amazing once you have it. Messy succession is half the fun of the game, and basically all the fun of the game once you're rich and powerful, so I actually got pretty bored of my immortal Norse witch queen (Fylka of the Norse, Maga of the Hermetic Society, Mother of Like Eighty Damn Kids) pretty quickly.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

22. - Top - End - #1282

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    That being said, it's a really fun goal to pursue, but not really that amazing once you have it. Messy succession is half the fun of the game, and basically all the fun of the game once you're rich and powerful, so I actually got pretty bored of my immortal Norse witch queen (Fylka of the Norse, Maga of the Hermetic Society, Mother of Like Eighty Damn Kids) pretty quickly.
    The trick's to destabilise the realm massively at the same time, e.g. by being a known demon worshipper controlling Mecca as a Hindu in a game where the Shia Caliph owns most of the Byzantine Empire and the Sunni Caliph stretches from Libya to Siberia. At least that's what I did.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Colossus in the Playground

I've only played two immortal games for any length of time. One was as immortal Ivar the Boneless, at the Sons of Ragnar Lodbrok starting point. Being an immortal 30 combat berserkerand insulting and raiding everyone on the world map was just fun.

The other was as an Afghani Zunist, trying to take over Persia. Which he did, eventually.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    Yes and it also means that the real sage could have a 6 Base stat and the fake could have better than that. I'm well aware of the difference between base stats and trait-modified stats. I have played the game for more than a few hours.
    Which in no way counters the original argument that less than 6 is always a fraud and more than 10 is always real. You have nothing to be snide about.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Which in no way counters the original argument that less than 6 is always a fraud and more than 10 is always real.
    Sure, and had you just mentioned this and reminded me of what your argument was, I'd have gone back and reread your post and caught the part of your comment that I had missed. And your previous post would have been completely unneeded. I have a tendency to skim posts when I read them and while very rare, these misunderstandings do happen.

You have nothing to be snide about.
    Still, instead of clarifying your point like you just did, you chose to make a post that explained basic concepts of the game that anyone who has played for more than a few hours would know to someone who has clearly had more than a few hours into the game. It came off to me as a bit sarcastic and condescending. Of course I got defensive over it.

Regardless, I applogise for getting so.

26. - Top - End - #1286

PirateCaptain

If ever you needed an indication of how detailed CK2's bookkeeping is, I'm updating the offline backup of my hard drive and have discovered that the folder containing my CK2 saves is 16 GB. These are text files.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

And that's why you should always compress your save files. :)

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    If ever you needed an indication of how detailed CK2's bookkeeping is, I'm updating the offline backup of my hard drive and have discovered that the folder containing my CK2 saves is 16 GB. These are text files.
    It takes a lot of data to document the precise inbred traits of your sovereign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

29. - Top - End - #1289

MonkGuy

I haven't played much CK2 recently.

The last major game I was playing was my Ghana Republic game.

As of my last post about this, I'd formed an empire just a few years before a big chunk of North Africa was due to assimilate into the Kingdom of Ghana. I decided I really wanted that to happen, so reloaded an earlier save and continued from there. Unfortunately, by the time I assimilated the territories, my leader had died. Because a big chunk of Mauritania was now de-jure part of Ghana, I didn't control enough of de-jure Mauritania to form that kingdom, which meant I couldn't form the Empire of Mali, and my new ruler didn't have enough prestige to form a custom empire.

In any case, more important things were afoot, namely it was about time for another crusade.

Surprise! (not!) The Pope calls for a crusade to recapture Italy. I eventually manage to fight it off (I confess, I reloaded a couple of times). Then after sorting that out, the High Priestess of the Reformed West African religion decided to launch a Great Holy War for Africa (which took me back for a moment, until I realised she meant the kingdom just south of Italy, not the whole continent). Which was nice, because in capturing that, I also managed to capture enough of Mauritania to declare myself King and Emperor.

After that, I played on a little longer, but eventually got bored and decided to retire. This was the extent of my realm:
    Spoiler: Principality of Mali
    Show

Not shown: I also own the city of Bristol (and possibly some other cities too, but I can't remember)

Trade zones:
    Spoiler
    Show

Reformed West African Paganism is now the world's most autorative religion (89.2%, ahead of Shia at 71.5% and Catholic at 70.4%):
    Spoiler: religion stats
    Show

Despite that, the religion isn't as widespread in Europe as previously (a lot of the Central/Eastern European territories that adopeted my religion after I married into their ruling families have reverted to Slavic or Tengri, or adopted Catholicism). The religious map is still rather wacky, though. Notice the spread of Hinduism to North Asia. And Peremyshl, right in the centre of Europe.
    Spoiler: Religion map
    Show

While having a final look around the map, I also spotted this:
    Spoiler: No, CK2, that's not where Lithuania is
    Show

Spoiler: Apparently, Lithuania is over there as well:
    Show

Behold: Khan Barjik, the Hindu Khazar khan of Lithuania and Transoxiana
    Spoiler
    Show

Map of the world:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1290

DruidGuy

A couple of youtubers have gotten hold of the DLC a little early, and, well, there is something added in that was not mentioned in the notes that I can remember seeing.

If you set up a random world, you can add animal kingdoms. Not just horses and bears, as you could get in the past, but dogs, cats, ducks, hedgehogs and elephants that I've seen. There may be more.

Its an amusing little thing to add.