New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1471

Thread: Outside 45

1. - Top - End - #1081
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Tower of Owls]

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    At the door are a pair of barred owls holding little javelins in their talons. They are much less threatening from Ark's height, though they try to be as intimidating as possible from their purchases.
    "Welcome, Your Highness. You honor us with your...surprise visit. Who is your...large guest?"
    "Introduce yourself for the nice guards, Miss." Mist instructs Ark genially, really just wanting to learn how to pronounce the name exactly.
    They don't have little perches from which to swoop down on their enemies?
    "I am Ark'Ka'tat'akilla." The polar bear introduces herself. The name is tricky, easy to stumble over, and leaves you feeling like your tongue is trying to escape your mouth. You have to pronounce those apostrophes, you know. Which is as it should be. Names are serious things.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 45

[Interrogation Room]

"If your organization really do exist, they can come an claim you without bloodshed." The interrogator replies calmly. "However, if you're lying, then you might be staying here for a long time. Unless, of course, you start telling me the truth. That might just be your key out of here, rather than coming with vague, poorly veiled, threats."

3. - Top - End - #1083

NinjaGuy

[Massimo Safehouse]

The person shakes their head.

"Well, I'm glad no one's hurt, but it's not just thermal energy that he seeks, no. He consumes nearly any type of highly concentrated energy. Thermal, kinetic, electrical, even life-force. He'll also consume most types of matter, though he prefers denser energy sources. He can sense particularly concentrated sources; it might have been the fuel in your ship as much as whatever form of power generation it uses." They hold out a black-gloved hand, and a swarm of droplets of water swirl into it, with a bit of an electrical crackle, forming a holographic image that is unmistakably the armored "man" who ripped the roof off the garage. "Just to be clear, this is what he looks like. Am I correct in assuming he was the one who ripped your roof off?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Tower of Owls]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    They don't have little perches from which to swoop down on their enemies?
    "I am Ark'Ka'tat'akilla." The polar bear introduces herself. The name is tricky, easy to stumble over, and leaves you feeling like your tongue is trying to escape your mouth. You have to pronounce those apostrophes, you know. Which is as it should be. Names are serious things.
    [Tower of Owls]

"From whence do you hail, Madam, so that we might introduce you?" asks the guard, apparently wanting to do things properly.
    "What's an ArkKatata and why did they need killing?" asks the other dimly.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Yeah... Just ugh. Everytime I leave something bad happens. Last time I did I came back and her mom was gone.
    "Oh no!" Naku replies, covering her mouth with a hand, shocked. "That's . . . why would someone do that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    "They may be what we need to come out of hiding. If Orion is integrated he will be kept safe, at the very least," a man speaks to himself as he slowly walks through the forest.
    We need revenge for the fallen, the woman in his mind urges him.
    "The cloaked mage that's with Orion may be able to help us with that..." his voice lingers as his eyes gradually catch sight of the two strangers conversing in the distance, "I have to go."
    Why? the woman's voice echoes with worry within his mind.
    "I'm not alone," he replies as he makes a subtle approach, ensuring that his feet don't step on any twigs or branches but the sound of his six unique blades strapped to his belt, occasionally touching one another, would easily give away his position.
    He instantly pinpoints the woman as a vampire but is unsure about the male and approaches them with slight caution.
    "Greetings to the both of you. I am sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering if you could spare some water seeing as I'm nearly out?" he questions, revealing his canister that's nearly finished as his eyes look from the woman's to the man's, almost testing them to see if they were hostile or friendly.

His shirt is currently undone and is being held by his belt on his waist as it falls down to his brown trousers.
    On his shoulder is a navy blue sack of his sparse supplies and on his back is another blade which is abnormally larger than the rest and has been sheathed for everyone's protection.
    From looking at him you can clearly tell that he's human but there are slight abnormalities such as his arms that release the most subtle golden glow from time to time, his sense which can be heightened at will beyond that of any human's, and if he were to move his hair away from his face you might just notice the shifting of his pupils and his iris.
    "Oh! Hello! Um. Yes. Yes of course." Naku replies, before digging around in the bag she has on her side. She digs out and offers the man an unopened bottle of water. "I have extra. Help yourself."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Pixie in the Playground

"Thanks, I owe you one," he smiles whilst taking the bottle before he opens it and takes a sip.
    "I'm a wanderer of sorts so I tend to spend months at a time in rough climates on my own," he releases a refreshed sigh as the breeze blows past them causing the blades on his waist to dance in the wind, "I am Devero, the rebellious slave."
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-06-13 at 08:31 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1087

Default [Tower of Owls]

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    "From whence do you hail, Madam, so that we might introduce you?" asks the guard, apparently wanting to do things properly.
    "What's an ArkKatata and why did they need killing?" asks the other dimly.
    Ark turns her head, curiously. How to answer that? "I have not come here from anywhere in particular. The Other Side?"
    She looks to Mist.
    "Are they always like this?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Massimo Safehouse]

The person shakes their head.

"Well, I'm glad no one's hurt, but it's not just thermal energy that he seeks, no. He consumes nearly any type of highly concentrated energy. Thermal, kinetic, electrical, even life-force. He'll also consume most types of matter, though he prefers denser energy sources. He can sense particularly concentrated sources; it might have been the fuel in your ship as much as whatever form of power generation it uses." They hold out a black-gloved hand, and a swarm of droplets of water swirl into it, with a bit of an electrical crackle, forming a holographic image that is unmistakably the armored "man" who ripped the roof off the garage. "Just to be clear, this is what he looks like. Am I correct in assuming he was the one who ripped your roof off?"
    Tier looks at it and says "Yes he is." He lowers his gun and says "I don't exactly trust you, but then again I don't trust most people I work with." He opens the door. "It looks like you have valuable information that could help us. Come inside, the guy who owns the place is going to want to talk to you too."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Wizard's Cottage

Gaelin looks at the wand and says "Do you mind if I test fire this?" While sounding polite, he really doesn't care about Arthur's approval and picks it up anyway. He says to his hamster familiar "Could you stand about 5 feet in front of me." The hamster says, obviously annoyed "Fine, what terrib-" as he is interrupted by the firing of the wand.
    Felandria will attempt to do a little Prestidigitation on Fendrick to clean him up a little, nut sure if it will help.

She will then go ahead and put on that armor she is holding because she doesn't wanna get yucked too.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"Yea. Yea, let's do a massage. Or music. Or both. I'm gonna shrivel up like a raisin if I sit in here,"
    Tina says, and will rise. She cuts quite the figure, ebony and tone, crystalline droplets falling in sheets. Her legs wobble, but she feels... sooo much better. Stronger, even. "Man, that was like magic." Her eyes widen. She doesn't seem to mind the casual nudity as she turns and asks, "Is this water magic?"
    Wayward Shrine

"All springs are magical, but perhaps simply easing your mind and body did the trick."
    The Shrinemaiden suggests cryptically as she gets out of the spring after Fettina. She offers her guest a towel to dry herself off with as she does the same. Afterwards, she gathers up the supplies and leads the way into the shrine. The bathing supplies and used towels get placed on a rack right inside the door, but Fettina is lead deeper into the shrine and into a small room. The floor is padded and there's a shelf full of candles placed beneath a window. "Please, lay and get comfortable. Either on your back or chest as you prefer. I can do music at the same time, but I will have to sing for you if you do not mind." She explains as she lights the candles and closes the window to dim the room as a whole.

11. - Top - End - #1091

NinjaGuy

[Massimo Safehouse]

The person lowers their hand as the water droplets forming the image disperse and nods, before making their way through the opened door, then waits for Tier to lead the way.

"I'm glad no one was hurt, though honestly, I'm surprised he didn't just eat your ship. How did you manage to stop him?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #1092

Grant shrugs.

It's the nexus. People just disappear.

13. - Top - End - #1093

"Thanks, I owe you one," he smiles whilst taking the bottle before he opens it and takes a sip.
    "I'm a wanderer of sorts so I tend to spend months at a time in rough climates on my own," he releases a refreshed sigh as the breeze blows past them causing the blades on his waist to dance in the wind, "I am Devero, the rebellious slave."
    "Noo, no. It's not a problem at all. I'm Naku. Pleasure to meet you. I. Uh. I serve coffee and snacks at a cafe."

Grant shrugs.

It's the nexus. People just disappear.
    "Doesn't make it right, or easy, though." Naku shakes her head a few times, frowning.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

14. - Top - End - #1094

Well. Maybe I'll find... Someone or something.

Grant looks up at the slave with a pair of glowing blue eyes that prevent seeing the actual pupile and sclera.

I'm Grant Brandt, Daemphage and Chaos God of Bloodshed, Honor and all other forms of ill things.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2017-06-14 at 12:32 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Pixie in the Playground

"It's a pleasure to meet the both of you," he smiles as he places his sack on the ground, "It's rare that I come across a vampire...I haven't exactly gotten along with them in the past, but I have to admit that I've never met a god before," his smile shifts to a smirk as he looks to Grant's glowing eyes.

"I was on my way to the nearest civilization in search of any quests or missions. The money helps, but I mainly go on 'em for the experience. My friends and I are preparing for what we call 'The Bloodstorm.' When the time comes, I'll have to be a strong enough to survive it...what brings you two to these forests?"

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[MAssimo Safehouse]

The old man walks out. "Hey! Look at this! We already have someone to fix the ceiling." He stops and sighs. "I hope this is important."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Tower of Owls]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Ark turns her head, curiously. How to answer that? "I have not come here from anywhere in particular. The Other Side?"
    She looks to Mist.
    "Are they always like this?"
    Tower of Owls

"It's customary to introduce someone with their name and from either the place or the faction they hail from. They're just being formal." Mist insists.
    "Yes, Miss...Arkakatatakilla of the Other Side. There are many other sides but if it suits you I suppose it is but a trifle..." the guard says, unsure.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

18. - Top - End - #1098

Default [Tower of Owls]

Ark winces as the owl completely mangles her name.
    "Apologies. I am from a forest without a name, because though there are many forests, it is the only forest. You understand? We know that strangers have titles and named houses and kingdoms, but we do not have these things. I know that going from here to the place I met the Prince, one crosses to an 'other side', and that from there to my home, one crosses to another 'other side', such that between here and my home there may be only one side. But the distances are so many - there is no other way to say it."
    The polar bear tosses her head.
    "I cannot tell you what faction I come from because the bands we live in have no names. All are kin to each other. And if you must say 'Ark'Ka'tat'akilla from the forest whence she came, of the family of herself', you may. But I think it will be very silly."
    She doesn't mean them (much) ill will. Language is difficult.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-06-14 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Capitalization
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #1099

Well. Maybe I'll find... Someone or something.

Grant looks up at the slave with a pair of glowing blue eyes that prevent seeing the actual pupile and sclera.

I'm Grant Brandt, Daemphage and Chaos God of Bloodshed, Honor and all other forms of ill things.
    "Well, best of luck. I truly hope you do."

Then the rest of his comment causes her pause.
    That. Uh. Well. Civvy hadn't mentioned that part.
    Maybe this wasn't going to be entirely babysitting. That would be nice.

"It's a pleasure to meet the both of you," he smiles as he places his sack on the ground, "It's rare that I come across a vampire...I haven't exactly gotten along with them in the past, but I have to admit that I've never met a god before," his smile shifts to a smirk as he looks to Grant's glowing eyes.

"I was on my way to the nearest civilization in search of any quests or missions. The money helps, but I mainly go on 'em for the experience. My friends and I are preparing for what we call 'The Bloodstorm.' When the time comes, I'll have to be a strong enough to survive it...what brings you two to these forests?"
    And since we're all describing eyes, Naku's are neat too! They're basically regular human eyes -- no strange vertical slit pupils or anything --, just that the irises are red in color. They do have strange patterning in them, however. All full of hard, straight edges, in a complex, perfectly symmetrical around her pupil, and fairly crystalline in structure.
    Honestly, the patterning in her eyes looks much like this.

"You as well." She replies in greeting, about it being a pleasure.

"Well. The Bloodstorm sounds bad, definitely. But we're currently on our way to a tower to go deal with a quest of our own to beat up a-" Naku isn't fully sure how to describe who they're after, truthfully. "Well. He's a bad guy. And possibly a god in his own right. But I kind of doubt it. Would you care to join?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Pixie in the Playground

"Storming the tower of a potential god...sounds like fun to me," Devero releases a cheeky smirk as he hooks his sack onto one of the hooks of his belt so he doesn't have to carry it over his shoulders.

"Do you know where we'll be heading to?"
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-06-15 at 05:22 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Troll in the Playground

[Massimo Safehouse]

The person lowers their hand as the water droplets forming the image disperse and nods, before making their way through the opened door, then waits for Tier to lead the way.

"I'm glad no one was hurt, though honestly, I'm surprised he didn't just eat your ship. How did you manage to stop him?"
    Tier says "He just walked away. I tried threatening him with an LMG, but from what I could find out, he can't be harmed by regular lead bullets. Things in the nexus are a lot more powerful than what I usually deal with."
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

22. - Top - End - #1102

NinjaGuy

[Massimo Safehouse]

The cloaked person pauses as Tier says the person responsible for the hole in the roof just walked away. They blink for a moment and stagger, as though someone's just hit them.

"He....walked away? Just...like that, walked away?" They seem dumbfounded for a moment more, before gathering their wits, then shake their head. "Sorry, it's not that I don't believe you, it's just...that's not how he usually acts. At all. Normally, he either eats or blows up whatever's standing between him and what he wants. You two are lucky to be alive." They look to the old man apologetically. "I'm sorry, I can't fix your ceiling. My areas of expertise don't really extend to construction work, and the only person I know who can do stone work can't make moveable things. But, I can tell you about the person who broke it, and your friend here has just given me a piece of intelligence I will gladly pay for. Anything else you can tell me about your encounter with him? I will make it worth your while." They reach into a hidden pouch under the cloak, and produce a large, perfectly spherical sapphire, one hued to look something like an eye. The gem is slightly larger than a man's fist; easily worth more than it will cost to fix the safehouse's roof and the landscape above it. "What he said, what he did, anything?"

23. - Top - End - #1103

It's around here somewhere. Unfortunately, my powers don't include being able to detect edge lords.

Grant says flatly, looking around for the aforementioned tower.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Pixie in the Playground

"This isn't ideal, " Devero sighs, "I guess it's going to be a rough start then," his face slumps with disappointment before his eyes start wandering in every direction in hopes of seeing a tower.

I could use that but I'd rather not go through the process of them asking questions, he decides whilst looking to the tips of each tree before he begins climbing the tallest one.

He scales up the trunk to the first stable branch before he starts leaping and swinging his way up from one to the next, clearly comfortable with the climb despite the fact that he looks more like an animal than a man, it was almost as though it was a second nature to him.

Once he makes his way to the top he calmly stands up on his feet, his body swaying with the tree as the breeze pushes past them when he takes a deep sniff of the air around him.

"Naku, do you have an idea of what the tower's supposed to look like?" Devero raises his voice to ensure that he's heard down below.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ogre in the Playground

"This isn't ideal, " Devero sighs, "I guess it's going to be a rough start then," his face slumps with disappointment before his eyes start wandering in every direction in hopes of seeing a tower.

I could use that but I'd rather not go through the process of them asking questions, he decides whilst looking to the tips of each tree before he begins climbing the tallest one.

He scales up the trunk to the first stable branch before he starts leaping and swinging his way up from one to the next, clearly comfortable with the climb despite the fact that he looks more like an animal than a man, it was almost as though it was a second nature to him.

Once he makes his way to the top he calmly stands up on his feet, his body swaying with the tree as the breeze pushes past them when he takes a deep sniff of the air around him.

"Naku, do you have an idea of what the tower's supposed to look like?" Devero raises his voice to ensure that he's heard down below.
    You don't really have need of asking that question. Far to the north there appears to be a horrible storm brewing. Through the rainy haze you see a black obelisk.

((Nice to meet you Lazorath, I will be your participating antagonist during the adventure))
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Pixie in the Playground

((Hey Celticbear it's awesome to meet you all ))

"Oh...wow," Devero's voice drops in shock, "I think I know where it is!" his voice goes loud once more as he points north.
    "Something tells me we'll be in for a heck of a fight," he roars whilst descending the tree, slightly energized from the thought of finally getting his hands dirty again.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Troll in the Playground

[Massimo Safehouse]

The cloaked person pauses as Tier says the person responsible for the hole in the roof just walked away. They blink for a moment and stagger, as though someone's just hit them.

"He....walked away? Just...like that, walked away?" They seem dumbfounded for a moment more, before gathering their wits, then shake their head. "Sorry, it's not that I don't believe you, it's just...that's not how he usually acts. At all. Normally, he either eats or blows up whatever's standing between him and what he wants. You two are lucky to be alive." They look to the old man apologetically. "I'm sorry, I can't fix your ceiling. My areas of expertise don't really extend to construction work, and the only person I know who can do stone work can't make moveable things. But, I can tell you about the person who broke it, and your friend here has just given me a piece of intelligence I will gladly pay for. Anything else you can tell me about your encounter with him? I will make it worth your while." They reach into a hidden pouch under the cloak, and produce a large, perfectly spherical sapphire, one hued to look something like an eye. The gem is slightly larger than a man's fist; easily worth more than it will cost to fix the safehouse's roof and the landscape above it. "What he said, what he did, anything?"
    Tier says "He walked in, and tore the ceiling apart and started going to my ship. I threatened to attack him if he touched my ship, which was a terrible bluff, since he already proved to me that the current weaponry we had on hand wouldn't harm him. Then he said that he didn't want to eat my ship's engine because it belongs to me and then asked me to point him in the direction of a volcano. I don't know whre the nearest volcano is, but I'm guessing that he is there."

28. - Top - End - #1108

"Storming the tower of a potential god...sounds like fun to me," Devero releases a cheeky smirk as he hooks his sack onto one of the hooks of his belt so he doesn't have to carry it over his shoulders.

"Do you know where we'll be heading to?"
    Grant says flatly, looking around for the aforementioned tower.

"Yeah, we're going to a b-" aaaand then he took off up a tree before she could finish. That was fine though. Having someone else who knows where the tower is could only help.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    You don't really have need of asking that question. Far to the north there appears to be a horrible storm brewing. Through the rainy haze you see a black obelisk.

((Nice to meet you Lazorath, I will be your participating antagonist during the adventure))
    ((Hey Celticbear it's awesome to meet you all ))

"Oh...wow," Devero's voice drops in shock, "I think I know where it is!" his voice goes loud once more as he points north.
    "Something tells me we'll be in for a heck of a fight," he roars whilst descending the tree, slightly energized from the thought of finally getting his hands dirty again.

"A big tower to the north, yeah?"
    Naku asks, finishing her sentence from a moment ago.

She spins her parasol a bit, causing the lace around the edges to flair up a bit. The sun isn't too bad in the trees yet, but it's probably going to just get worse when they leave the cover of the trees.
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-06-16 at 07:43 PM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Massimo Safehouse]

The man mumbles to Tier, "Do you think it's a good idea to show him the surveillance tapes? Should we request more?"
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Yeah, we're going to a b-" aaaand then he took off up a tree before she could finish. That was fine though. Having someone else who knows where the tower is could only help.

"A big tower to the north, yeah?"
    Naku asks, finishing her sentence from a moment ago.

She spins her parasol a bit, causing the lace around the edges to flair up a bit. The sun isn't too bad in the trees yet, but it's probably going to just get worse when they leave the cover of the trees.

A large thud is released as Devero lands firmly on the ground, smiling now as the gold aura on his arms begin to glow brighter until he finally manages to calm himself down.

His eyes catch wind of the intricate design of Naku's parasol causing him to look to her, "lead the way," he smiles as he makes his way back to them.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-06-17 at 04:38 AM.