New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1514
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper VIII: Whale-ever

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I hate you so much.
    Prishe's burst returned in JP on extreme fest (I think) and fore sure in the next xi event (it's a pretty long way off though). So it's not gone forever.

I'm sorry to hear you missed this chance. I felt much the same at some on the forum during the fest banners when I was getting none of the stuff I wanted and others were getting nice pulls. RNG giveth and RNG taketh away I guess.

When Prishe's relics next pop up I'll be sending you all my best wishes.

Haven't touched the new MP campaign - was a bit surprised we didn't get an XI MP fight but having a MP event along side a XI or XIV event makes perfect sense to me.

i might be crazy but I'm thinking of actually honing the lightning witch spells. With the party quick cast 2 on chain entry I could get some pretty solid work out of the 5* witch lightning + chain thundaga on Shantoto.

For Lightning specifically I have Garnet (both bsbs, but bsb2 is more important here). Lightning ssb1. Desch imperil lightning SSB.

I'd still need a support and healer - and none of those fit the lightning theme for me.

Still if times right I could hit Garnet's faith/boost/imperil > shantoto Chain > lightning SSB > Garnet 5 hit command 2 > hell thunder to be sitting at a chain count of 28 pretty quick.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
    Re: TG - Best of luck with your Lapsis pull. I know my last wish you best backfired but hopefully this one does not. I'd have sent you my luck in writing early but I recently had a bad cold and was pretty solidly out of commission for a couple days.
    Kinda late. Made the pull, and didn't got her. I still have several Rare Summon Tickets, including a 4*+ Guaranteed Summon Ticket (gives you a 4* or 5* character, no 3*, which coupled with a recent gacha change it means big changes to actually get a great character...or not), plus I got like 7.5k Lapis left in case I wanna do another pull. I mean, getting a 5* character is pretty damn difficult - getting three 5* characters is already pushing luck. It's a shame that she's currently the best Mage in Global, by virtue of being the only caster with a chaining ability alongside Dual BLK Magic casting AND decent healing.

But yeah - by the time you sent the good wishes, I had already pulled. Will spend all my tickets pursuing her, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    T.G., Red could have a toggle BSB like the summoner ones. Command 1 could be Alkaiser morph, and you could use it again to dismiss Alkaiser and use Al-Phoenix. Who would you give the DSC to as an OSB?
    Well, Red's the Fist specialty protagonist of the game, so it's natural for him to be the owner. Other than that...maybe Liza? That monk guy whose name I forget (Mei-Ling's boyfriend, the guy you get inside Tanzer)? Or, maybe make it a FF character relic and give it to Zell (he loves combos, and his Duelist BSB doesn't reflect the Armaggeddon Fist strategy) or Sabin (the DSC is comprised of a sliding kick, a suplex, a piledriver and a throw, and the perfect DSC implies both a ground Suplex and an aerial Suplex, and we all know he's the master suplex-ecutioner).

As for his BSB having a "Summon Mode"...eh, not sure. The thing about Red's special moves is that he HAS to turn into Alkaiser to pull them off; he can't use them outside of his Hero form, unlike Asellus and her Mystic weapons. His would be a pretty standard BSB, with Shining Fist and Bright Kick being the command moves, although probably modified (Shining Godhand, referencing both the Shining Fist, the Fist and the Godhand moves, and Bright Corkscrew Kick, referencing the Bright Kick and Corkscrew moves). That said, Re-Al-Phoenix could instead be his USB, giving him "Alkaiser Form" as a Trance mode for him (+20% boost to ATK, DEF and RES, chance of following a Monk ability with 1x Monk/PHY Holy damage), plus HP Stock and maybe something else. So, his Soul Breaks could be Bright Fist (default SB), Al-Phoenix (SB), Final Crusade (SSB), Transform! Alkaiser! (BSB), Dream Super Combo (OSB) and Re-Al-Phoenix (USB).

...man, suddenly I got the urge to play SaGa Frontier again. Probably do Riki's quest with an all-monster team against Rev9!MasterRing. That'd be pretty awesome.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

For Lightning specifically I have Garnet (both bsbs, but bsb2 is more important here). Lightning ssb1. Desch imperil lightning SSB.

I'd still need a support and healer - and none of those fit the lightning theme for me.
    Only support I know that's fit would be Fran and her Pinpoint. Tho that's another imperil lightning.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

If I read https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1933803309 correctly, the Witch spells do more total damage than -aga black magic, but less total damage than -aja black magic.

Given that -ajas need greater orbs to make/hone, and the Hell Thunder and Abyssal Shards take Majors, it seems Black Magic > Witchcraft as my gut reaction unless I'm missing something, though the magic cast time off of Sudden Thunder and Sudden Freeze seems really nice.

Am I missing something?

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

I am moving my pulls (or at least 1 of them) from FFT to FFXI. FFT has Cid, which I want stuff for, but outside of Malak's stuff, I can see myself using FFXI's toys a bit more: Prish, Shantotto & Lion's bursts are all really good.

Made my first pull and got 2/11, both of which Lion's Gaia Doublet. The Wall-breaker is nice, and while i'm not particularly enthused about getting dupes, it's still 2 RS armours.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    If I read https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1933803309 correctly, the Witch spells do more total damage than -aga black magic, but less total damage than -aja black magic.

Given that -ajas need greater orbs to make/hone, and the Hell Thunder and Abyssal Shards take Majors, it seems Black Magic > Witchcraft as my gut reaction unless I'm missing something, though the magic cast time off of Sudden Thunder and Sudden Freeze seems really nice.

Am I missing something?
    Yeah, the chain-stacking of Chain bursts, which is what they're supposed to work with. Also, if you have enough mag boosts your mage spells will hit the damage ceiling. So if you get enough mag bonus that your two hit witch skills deal more than 5000 damage, they're outdamaging the one hit black magic skills.

So harder to use properly, but if you can you get more out of the spell.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Troll in the Playground

Witch spells only work in three ways, two of which Maryring mention, but with some caveats. First is, of course, feeding elemental Chains. The second is when you already hit damage cap on certain spells and can afford to deal more damage by spreading out those attacks. There's a third one, of course, which is magical Powercharge.

In the case of the second one, comparing Witch 5* spells to -aja Black Magic is often a losing proposal - indeed, 5* Witch spells can do more damage on the long run, but consume a rarer resource (Major Orbs). A better comparison is 5* Witch spells with 5* Chain-element spells of the same kind; if you can reach an amount of Magic where the damage from Witch spells overcomes the damage from Chain spells, then it's a better choice to use the Witch spells, as you end up dealing more damage overall.

However, 4* Witch spells can work as Powerchain for spells, giving you a free Quickcast for spells only - which is great if you can pair it with a Chain-element Black Magic spell OR its Witch counterpart (for which they are extremely necessary - 5* Witch spells have a lengthy cast time). Then, you're talking about a DPS difference - by the time you can cast 2 Chain-element spells OR 2 -aja spells, you might be able to fire 3 Witch spells or 2 Witch spells and one Black Magic spell (4* -> 5* -> 4* again), which may consume your spell slots but end up with more damage overall. Since Witch spells are more useful when targeting a weakness, they also feed your SB Gauge faster, therefore taking you faster into an SB or, ideally, Burst mode. And, since 4* Witch spells only require Greater orbs, they only compete with -aja spells, but are easier to access so you can use them as complements to -aja magic or Chain-element spells (or, even, Summon spells).

In short: Witch skillset is essentially "Powercharge for spells", and to exploit it, it has to be used accordingly. Or as fodder for Chain SBs. Or when you're already capping with Chain-element spells.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

The Dr. Mog's selection 3 banner which we will hopefully get in a few months lets you select a BSB from its list after doing a full draw. There's one from each realm, and Prishe's burst is the FF11 representative, so you should be able to pull it eventually even if you miss out.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

Random 3 pull got me Ayame's SSB Bracer, which gives me another haste. And it's a wind element so she'll fit with a wind team. It also has the honor of being my only XI relic
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

10. - Top - End - #1240

RedWizardGuy

Things are getting better here, and I got some time to play. Cleared the FF III event, the Darkness vulnerability fight was simple with Gabranth, Jecht and Edea(using Raines Bsb RW).

Garuda is quite a headache, having hastega on your support isn't a good idea, as you have to debuff him right on turn 1. Party:
    Spoiler
    Show

Onion as mage with Mako Might for BSB, a R2 6* Ninja wind spell, mostly just spellchaining;
    Ingus with Lifesiphon and Protectga (Knight's Charge and BSB);
    Ramza with Full Break and Power Breakdown (Battleforged and Unsung hero BSB);
    Eiko with shellga and Curaise (Dr. MOG and Bsb);
    Freya with Magic Breakdown and Wind Jump (Ace Striker and SSB/BSB).

Everyone had lighting resistance accessories, Eiko with Major and others with Moderate. And yet, he hits so hard after turn 3. At least, filling SB isn't an issue. Once things got going (and that requires a few S/L), all went well until his last third of health, when he beat down Ramza and OK, and later Ingus, but not before renewing buffs. Eiko concerned on healing herself and Freya, using command 1 heal with Physical Blink, and they brought the victory home. Lost 2 damage and 1 KO medals, mastery got.

Then I did a few dungeons, and went for a 11 pull on FF XI. Got 3 Rainbows - Curilla, Lion and Shantoto's SSBs. Pretty good pull: Curilla's SSB is a spammable medica, esuna and Holy attack, on a character with Lifesiphon and Gaia's Cross - that's easily a SSB on every other round on hard content;
    Shantoto's is a improved Focus that explores the 3 most common elements, and will play hard with OK's Vessel of Fate (RW) and Braska's Summoner's Dream. Lion's SSB isn't very different from what Yda already offered, but I can see her using Mug Bloodlust and Thief's Revenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Pixie in the Playground

Still seems like it's doing an absurd amount of damage.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

Whew. Finally beat Xande CM and Garuda. Gaurda with only Celes and Luneth still standing, two medals lost to damage and one to KO's. Part of that was my own foolishness. I forgot to swap out accessories for lightning resists. Especially on Aerith. Ah well. It's all done. Only ApocaMP left of III.

13. - Top - End - #1243

Congrats Maryring!

I myself just managed to bring down Xande (no-CM). As expected it was the Thunder God who brought him down, but he'd tried and failed several times before with different partners. The partner pulling the most weight this time was none other than Prishe herself. Armed with a lust dagger and her wits she pinned Xande while Orlandeu demonstrated his swordplay and Y'sholta provided Asylum. Alphinaud and Tyro had come along too but had been forced to take a nap. Deplyment Tactics did help alot too - but I'm giving credit to Prishe since she was only 66 while everyone else was 99 and she was still pulling her weight.

I've changed my RW for the time being to Shantoto's LCSB if people want to give it a try. I mastered it and Nullifying drop kick after sending the two through the III xp dungeon (and clearing the XI event, and mythril bearing dailies).

Re: New Dailies - I'm liking the change so far. Sure I can no longer do 2 full runs of the highest difficulty before work in the morning - but grey orbs = 2x3*, yellow orbs = 1x4*, and magic pots no longer tease the chance at a 5* - they guarantee it. I've had runs (plural) with nothing but 4*s dropping and that's a huge increase in stamina efficiency.

Re: Witch Abilities

I'm not 100% sure yet what I'll do for sure, but between my new 6* magic staff's rocking stats and the attached chain SB, there is a good chance my Lightning orb horde is about to get depleted.

Apart from the witch spells, other abilities I'm considering honing include:
    Syldra (Currently R1), Chain Thundaga (Currently R2), Thundering Twin-strike (Currently R1), Tempest Snipe (not yet released)

These are just the ones I know I want to hone which use Thunder Orbs - I'm sure they're used in much more that I haven't thought of yet.

I'm putting the 50 mythril planned on a second pull on the XI banner back in the bank. Shantoto's BSB would be nice, but "don't chase one relic."

I'd planned 1 pull each on the FFT banners, and I'll probably still do it. Looking again I'm less enthusiastic. Banner 1 has Rapha (Yay!) and Ramza USB - but no Shout like I'd hoped. Instead it has his Grand Armor (if I dupe I can reforge it) and his gauntlet. It has alot of Delita which isn't bad but...

Banner 2 has Malak's relics which don't inspire me (I like him less than Rapha) but they have a solid shot at Thunder God Sword! and Mustadio relics! (I really like Mustadio).

Probably still pulling one on each, but its less exciting when I really look at it.

14. - Top - End - #1244

Chimera

Beat up Garuda pretty badly, and it felt good to do so.

Setzer: FB, MBD, Reverse Wall SSB
    OK: Raging Storm, Shellga, BSB
    Eiko: Curaja, Protectga, BSB
    Vaan: Lifesiphon, Dash and Slash, BSB
    Freya: Wrath, Sky High, BSB/SSB

Vaan started with Thunder God RM, popped wall RW. OK gets hastega up, Setzer starts the breaks. Freya wrathed until two bars, and then it all got silly. Between Vaan and Setzer's magic breaking, his Meteor did 500 damage to the party. Thundaga hit Eiko with major resist for 110 damage. Freya used her SSB and crit 4 of 6 times for ~55K, then a second time for 6x9999 and finally sky high for 4x9999. I could have done it with shout in place of OK, but bringing raging storm added some decent DPS.

This is going to be hilarious when I bring a similar team to Gi Nattak 250.

SuperPanda, I was excited to see Frightening Lightning up. I'll give it a try sometime. On the banners, Ramza's USB is great to have native, and I'd prefer to have it to shout in a lot of situations. It stacks with everything, grants a little defense boost (not meaningless with how hard it is to reduce physical attack damage compared to magic), and party instacast is so much fun. If I had it, I'd consider bringing him with FB and Wrath, and try to spam the USB as much as I could. For CMs, if you have a native hastega, it's often better than OK's BSB as your RW.
    Last edited by Greg_S; 2017-04-22 at 10:47 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Congrats Maryring!

Re: Witch Abilities

I'm not 100% sure yet what I'll do for sure, but between my new 6* magic staff's rocking stats and the attached chain SB, there is a good chance my Lightning orb horde is about to get depleted.

Apart from the witch spells, other abilities I'm considering honing include:
    Syldra (Currently R1), Chain Thundaga (Currently R2), Thundering Twin-strike (Currently R1), Tempest Snipe (not yet released)

These are just the ones I know I want to hone which use Thunder Orbs - I'm sure they're used in much more that I haven't thought of yet.
    Thanks. One of the things that was a life-saver against Garuda was Celes's Indomitable blade. The ability to nullify a lot of those lightning attacks was truly invaluable. Another great advantage was Luneth's Swordshower. The fight seemed pretty much made for Luneth to take advantage off, and non-crit hits dealt almost 8k damage a piece so I managed to breeze through the second half of the fight through three sword showers in a row.

With regards to Witch Spells, my main problem with em is that they're given to so few individuals. The only one I got with access to 5* witch skills and a proper soulbreak is Shantotto (Rinoa doesn't count since the soulbreak I got for her is awful). Since I've got very little room for abilities, I'm not sure how much room I can spare for the witch skills. Once upon a time, 100 slots must've been useful. But now it feels incredibly constraining. There are so many occasionally useful abilities that I can't afford to keep around.

Regarding the XI banner. I think I might do a pull. I didn't pull on either of the III banners, and I don't think I'll pull on the FFT banner either, since I've got Cid's OSB, Ovelia's Regenga+Hastega and her mBlink Medica, and all the Ramza breaks. I have Shantotto's XI burst, but I think it's worth it since I have no other XI equipment, so even a dupe will be nice to have.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Raid Campaign banner incoming:

Keeper USB: Party Haste, Status Blink, HP stock 2000, CT0 x2
    Ashe BSB: Zap zap, enLightning
    Rosa BSB: Holy zap + party heal. ST mBlink on cmd1
    Edea BSB: Burr Burr, EnIce. Icy/Dark Maria commands.
    Sabin SSB: 8xST attack + party pBlink
    Palom SSB: 8xAoE Holy/Fire/Lightning + Mag/Res down
    Fran SSB: 8x Random Lightning/Non-Elemental + Imperil Lightning
    Laguna SSB: 6x AOE + Slow
    Edge SB: 8x ST Lightning + paralyze and slow.

My feeling:
    Keeper USB - Nice!
    Ashe BSB - Want it! Even more for my chain!
    Rosa BSB - Want it!
    Edea BSB - Want it - I don't have an Ice team really.
    Sabin SSB - eeeh
    Palom SSB - Nice.
    Fran SSB - chain happy.
    Laguna SSB - A real dud.
    Edge SB - honestly not bad.

I would likely have skipped this normally - but I now have my second 11 pull and I'm really thinking of chasing the BSBs here with one pull.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh no.

Oh nonononono.

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/201...nquest-battles

FFXII - Conquer the Mandragoras - Apocalypse ++

Cries internally

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks like the Mandragoras provide dexterity motes.

Which means that you're safe to ignore them and let them rot in their self-inflicted hell.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Titan in the Playground

Raid Campaign banner incoming:

Keeper USB: Party Haste, Status Blink, HP stock 2000, CT0 x2
    Ashe BSB: Zap zap, enLightning
    Rosa BSB: Holy zap + party heal. ST mBlink on cmd1
    Edea BSB: Burr Burr, EnIce. Icy/Dark Maria commands.
    Sabin SSB: 8xST attack + party pBlink
    Palom SSB: 8xAoE Holy/Fire/Lightning + Mag/Res down
    Fran SSB: 8x Random Lightning/Non-Elemental + Imperil Lightning
    Laguna SSB: 6x AOE + Slow
    Edge SB: 8x ST Lightning + paralyze and slow.
    Let's see.
    • Keeper USB: It's a great buff, but I'd still use him, if at all, for wall. On the other hand, I could use him for this and Y'shtola for wall, so... Maybe.
    • Ashe BSB: The queen of Lightning meta. Admittedly tempting, although now that I have her OSB, it's a bit of a toss-up. That said, her BSB is more functional than her OSB, so... Maybe.
    • Rosa BSB: Have it. It's nice. So, nah.
    • Edea BSB: It's pretty nice, true, although I have Serah's BSB for my Ice BSB needs. So... Maybe.
    • Sabin SSB: Meh.
    • Palom SSB: Very nice. However, I already have BSBs for two mages in IV (Rydia, Golbez) so I'm not sure this would tempt me to put him in my IV caster slot. Versatile for a one-shot, and powerful, but... Just maybe.
    • Fran SSB: It's just weird, you know? It's like... Why is this even a thing? She can't exactly take advantage of it. Anyway, I have her reverse wallbreak SB, which is actually really useful and fits her, so... nah.
    • Laguna SSB: Nah.
    • Edge SB: I have his instant pBlink/Hastega/Last Stand SSB, so why do I need this? Nah.

To me, it depends on whether it's an LD. If it is, absolute yes. If it isn't, there are some solid maybes there, but also some nahs. I'd probably skip, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by oxybe View Post
    Oh no.

Oh nonononono.

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/blog/201...nquest-battles

FFXII - Conquer the Mandragoras - Apocalypse ++

Cries internally
    Yeah, skipping the fool out of that.

Side note, if you haven't gotten your raid campaign mythril already, do it. It's super easy. Just start an easy-level Leviathan campaign with your two best Lightning casters and run it as soon as someone joins. You don't need a full party, you don't need the highest difficulty, you just need to clear it three times. It's basically free mythril.

And a stamp.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Troll in the Playground

You know what? Today, during the morning, I decided to do a pull on the other game that shall not be mentioned for the sake of the sanity of others, in hopes of getting the superpowered version of my beloved Terra. Alas, that was not the case - once again, I am denied by the abysmal chances of success. Saw the banner (I had an idea it'd come beforehand), saw it was pretty decent, and said, "why not"? The only dupe I had was Sabin's knuckles (and that'd make it my only 7* fist, anyways), and the three Bursts were pretty good. So, given that I was close to 150 Mythril (136 at the moment), I decided to make a pull.

3 Rainbows, and 1 of them being a DISCO BALL!

• The Keeper's Frock Coat: that makes it my third official Disco Ball, and my first Ultra. That said, the Keeper is now officially overloaded - Cyclone Grimoire, Celebration Grimoire, Sentinel's Grimoire, Healing Grimoire, Keeper's Tome and NOW Warder's Apocrypha. That said, he has his school uniform, so that's a big something.
    • Ashe's Defiance (model): once again, an iconic item for the character, and her dress at that. That also means I got something for Team Lightning now, alongside Desch's En-Lightning SB. Could use a bit more in terms of an Imperil Lightning, but this one is nice.
    • Laguna's Machine Gun: another iconic item, but while everyone of you considers this a dud....funny thing, I don't. For starters, it's a gun - and guns are pretty scarce. Then, it's a VIII gun - a world that desperately needs more items. And while it's not a really amazing SB (it's an Unique in a world where Supers and beyond reign supreme), it adds an extra layer of power to a world that needs it. If Laguna can't use it, Irvine can, and boy, he NEEDS some help.

So yeah, I figure it was a good pull. Moreso when the Keeper's Ultra is the key component against the Mandragoras. Say...noticed that Ashe pulled her Burst and the Keeper pulled his Ultra, and the Multiplayer has the Mandragoras? I think I know who's gonna be facing those darn buggers. I figure that there'll be enough people firing off Walls and Burst Medicas, so I can afford using the Keeper as anti-status and HP Stock provider anyways.

I know this'll make everyone cringe, but...Mandragoras, here I come!

EDIT: U++!Mandragoras and Apoc!Mandragoras done. Apoc++!Mandragoras aren't dealt with yet because...well, nobody wants to accept a lv. 70 Ashe in their party, even if she has her Burst. Apparently, nobody wants to deal with someone under level 80 on that battle. Kind of a shame, because Tyro is over level 80, and the USB also offers Haste, which is alongside HP Stock and Status Blink/Astra the anti-Mandragora. That is, when used at the beginning of battle, if someone else has Wall. Against Apoc!Mandragora, I had to start with SG, which implied a little lull on the battle because nobody else had a Hastega. That said, with a Raines and a Quistis, the battle went pretty smooth.
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 2017-04-23 at 10:34 PM.
    On Lawful Good:

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

Manged to sneak in a Hein victory with about 15min left on the clock. Hooray!

Punched out both the U+ and Apoca!Ultros. The D200 MP was actually pretty straitforward. It took some time but between (my)Steiner's BSB, and my teammate's Kain BSB we had some pretty nice damage going on, while a second teammate's Celes used Indomitable Blade to tank all the single-target attacks and refresh her 5star fire spellblade. Have not yet tried the D240 version yet.

And to my chagrin, i'm going to have to punch out the mandragoras too, thus the "cries internally". Mages, it seems, have some affinity to dexterity motes. I am currently running low on both dexterity motes and wisdom motes.

And I loves me them mages.

Also, Ashe joined the 700stat club today! Hooray! Time for some Quetzacotln' good times!

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ogre in the Playground

100 gem on the Raid banner - shiny!

...Yoichi Bow.

I know I shouldn't complain about a rainbow on just a 100 gem, but it's the only dupe on the banner and I get it.

7* Yoichi Bow time! At least Faris can make good use of it in general battles.

Edit: U and U+ down.

Even egged Shantotto up to 80 and brought her along with the witch ice spells to the U+. She was useless, but part of that's on me for forgetting to bring a dispel. Gotta say Vanille's BSB wrecks him pretty bad.

But still championed both so no harm no foul.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2017-04-24 at 01:50 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Troll in the Playground

The Ultimate was an utter joke between SS2, Protectga, power Breakdown and Lightning Resist Gear. I mean, I plows him down with Holy Bursts, thanks to Imperil holy, but still a joke.

U+ was a little harder, but the new team Holy Burst, plus Agrias' Holy Blade on RW made very short work of the Minotaur too.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

24. - Top - End - #1254

I did a pull on the MP event banner because it had a lot of lightning-y goodies I was hoping for. This is to say I let my wife push the button - she tends to have good luck and she enjoys it.

4 Rainbows and 7 pearls! I was getting excited.
    First rainbow: Laguna's SSB. I already have his Imperil Ice which tends to be better for me. So I sort of shrugged at the nice stat stick.

Second rainbow: Laguna's SSB. I was starting to feel like I knew where this pull was going. Sure combined it'll be a little stronger than Laguna's other gun or either of Irvine's guns, but this wasn't meta changing.

Third rainbow: Sabin's Claw. My 6 team is already pretty awesome, I don't think I've got room for Sabin even with two SSBs now (ensuna medica and this one).

Fourth rainbow: Edea's BSB!

First thought: So, that was zero lightning to go with my fancy new chain.
    Second thought: Wait... I finally have an Ice team anchor! Also a solid Dark team anchor. Sure her primary damage comes from Ice, but it's ice/dark and she can self faith more than a little. Next VIII event, Edea is getting her LB3 (if its available - I haven't checked).

25. - Top - End - #1255

RedWizardGuy

Congrats on the pulls.

If I can speak a bit on Sabin's behalf: his spamming of Physical Blink has been my secret for a bunch of easy victories against some Ultimate and Apocalypse battles that had people tearing their hairs out on this very forum and Reddit.

Lifesiphon, Fires Within and Battleforged, plus the best Fist or Dagger I can spare him. I would take Basch's Physical Blink over his, but probably would have a hard time depending of other pBlink SBs, because their owners don't get Lifesiphon. Damage is acceptable, and if it keeps his teammates alive (and prevents status effects landing), it's doing the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Titan in the Playground

Well, this U++ is my new hate.

For those who haven't tried him yet, Shadow Jerk is a two-phase battle. First is the "swaps immunities" thing. From 100% to about 85-ish%, he's susceptible to both PHY and MAG attacks. From that until 50%, he's immune to MAG. From 50% to 25%, he's immune to PHY. And at 25%, he's immune to MAG again.

And then at 0%, he revives back to 100%, only this time he has no immunities and mostly AoEs. Plus side, in his second phase he doesn't Slow or Silence, so assuming you've survived phase 1 completely intact with ability uses to spare and ample mitigation, you should be fine.

I finally got a team together that could take him down to 0% with three casualties. Then came phase 2.

This U++ is going in my "Nope" pile. Gonna go back to farming the new dailies, then try the MPs tonight.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

hmmm, I have 50 mythril.

MP banner (Only dupe is Edge's Katana, and none of the other characters are ones I have anything for), XI banner (No dupes, and none of the characters are ones I have other stuff for), or save for something else?

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    You know what? Today, during the morning, I decided to do a pull on the other game that shall not be mentioned for the sake of the sanity of others, in hopes of getting the superpowered version of my beloved Terra. Alas, that was not the case - once again, I am denied by the abysmal chances of success.
    Would this be a bad time to mention that I pulled an Esper Terra on my 11-pull?

Sorry for your rotten luck on your waifu, I'll be sending you all my positive thoughts for future pulls in any game.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

29. - Top - End - #1259

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    hmmm, I have 50 mythril.

MP banner (Only dupe is Edge's Katana, and none of the other characters are ones I have anything for), XI banner (No dupes, and none of the characters are ones I have other stuff for), or save for something else?
    Hold out for the Tactics banners coming later this week, I'd say. Banner 1 has Ramza and Rafa's party boosts, while banner 2 has the T.G. Cid suite plus some strong debuffs from Malak and Mustadio.

Another option is to hold out until the X event coming up 3rd in the list (Tactics Thursday, XII next week, X two weeks), as this introduces a new highest difficulty level for event battles, the apocalypse+, and moves ultimate+ to MP only. Apocalypse+ fights are beefier than the ultimates we've been getting (and the first two are especially nasty, so much so that they tuned everything back after the %&#^ IV Asura/Leviathan fight), and it won't hurt to have extra synergy if you want to tackle those fights.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

So I made the 11 pull I promised myself. I already has Shantotto's burst, but with only one dupe of the banner and a complete lack of XI synergy, I figured I might as well give it a shot.

I didn't get any bursts... but I got the two best Supers I could want. First is Ayame's Hastega. Instant Hastega is nice, and I can see it occasionally replacing Ramza's Shout if I for some reason only need one physical attacker. More importantly, it's a native XI Hastega.

Second was Shantotto's coat. Which is a Mag/Res boost. Which means that I can now field

Shantotto (Mag/Res)
    Yuna (Mag/Mind)
    Papalymo/Krile (Pure Mag)
    Celes/OK/Alphinaud (Atk/Mag)

who will all be supporting Quistis (Mag/Def on her 2 burst command).

At which point I might as well start hitting 9999 on everything.

Also this means I've got 3 pieces of XI armour.