New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXVIII: Get. In. The. BAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro Protagonest View Post
    HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT IN FRONT OF CROBAT

You're absolutely right.

Spoiler: I'll say it next to Crobat instead.
    Show

I would be totally fine if Zubat and all its evolutions simply ceased to exist.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Is that an assertion that Roggenrolas are not Rock types, and that Swoobats are not Flying and Psychic types?
    "Rock" and "Psychic/Flying" are attributes that these Pokemon possess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

There's a mystery gift for four Mega Stones available right now. Code is INTIMIDATE and it'll get you Mawilite, Beedrillite, Audinite, and Medichamite

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    There's a mystery gift for four Mega Stones available right now. Code is INTIMIDATE and it'll get you Mawilite, Beedrillite, Audinite, and Medichamite
    Oooh, ta for that!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

You're welcome.

Did anyone here start Popplio in Sun/Moon? I'll trade a Rowlett for one. Don't have it at the moment, but I could also get a Litten if you'd prefer that.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    "Rock" and "Psychic/Flying" are attributes that these Pokemon possess.
    That's just a paraphrase away from "Swoobats are in possession of the Psychic and Flying type attributes," so I'mma gonna go over there now and see if I can get a bandwagon started.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    You're absolutely right.

Spoiler: I'll say it next to Crobat instead.
    Show

I would be totally fine if Zubat and all its evolutions simply ceased to exist.

Spoiler: And I'll talk smack behind his back!
    Show

Hey Crobat! Your mother's so ugly, when she smiles, it lowers her opponent's speed by two stages!
    Hey Crobat! Your mother's so fat, she blocks Route 16 and Route 12 at the same time!
    Hey Crobat! Your mother's stupid, she tried to hold a Mind Plate but it was incompatible!
    How many Crobats does it take to change a lightbulb? Well one, actually, they're pretty good at it, but I still hate you!

And with that I'm guessing I pretty much sat in stone that the next thread will be titled "The Crobat Appreciation Thread," because I deserve it.

That said, whatever it takes to get more Pokemon into the game is fine with me. NPC trades are okay because at least you know what you need to get in order to make that trade, and you know the trade will still be there when you come back a few days later after having caught whatever it is.
    I always have better luck initiating the trade rather than trying to fulfill someone else's existing trade. I mean, however you want to use GTS is cool, but it won't hurt you to have a second trade that you already started off in the background for a different pokemon on your list, and offering a trade-evolution pokemon, version exclusive, or non-Rowlett starter pokemon.

Or, you know, ask here, if you want.

You're welcome.

Did anyone here start Popplio in Sun/Moon? I'll trade a Rowlett for one. Don't have it at the moment, but I could also get a Litten if you'd prefer that.
    I should be able to breed one up tomorrow if you don't have any takers prior to that.

Edit: Okay, I have one ready. Doesn't matter what you trade me for it. I think I need your friend code, though, I don't see it on the front page's list.
    Last edited by OracleofWuffing; 2017-04-10 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Friend code nudge.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

FRACKING FINALLY.

I, at long, loong, looooong last got my female contrary Snivy.

I feel somewhat justified after ALL that, after Lichemaster KNOWS how many boxes ful of Snivy, when I finally get what I was aiming for... She's perfect 6IV!

I'mma just take that as my due.

Emerald Fair - welcome to Carnage Team... Finally!

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Edit: Okay, I have one ready. Doesn't matter what you trade me for it. I think I need your friend code, though, I don't see it on the front page's list.
    At work now, but I'll pm you once I get home. I've got a Rowlett incubating on poke pelago if you want that, otherwise I have a few other mons in varying stages of perfection and imperfection that I've been breeding that you can take your pick from. I'll include a list in the PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    FRACKING FINALLY.

I, at long, loong, looooong last got my female contrary Snivy.

I feel somewhat justified after ALL that, after Lichemaster KNOWS how many boxes ful of Snivy, when I finally get what I was aiming for... She's perfect 6IV!

I'mma just take that as my due.

Emerald Fair - welcome to Carnage Team... Finally!
    Congrats. Would you be willing to part with one of the others you bred while trying for that one? I don't care about gender or IVs so long as it has the hidden ability. I'm a bit apprehensive about the GTS for this sort of thing since I want to make sure it's a legit, non-hacked mon.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Congrats. Would you be willing to part with one of the others you bred while trying for that one? I don't care about gender or IVs so long as it has the hidden ability. I'm a bit apprehensive about the GTS for this sort of thing since I want to make sure it's a legit, non-hacked mon.
    My friend, I am practially [urininating] Snivys. I think I only bothered keeping the 5-IV ones, and I've got, like, multiple boxes full of 'em. Any particular preferece of all-but-[x]? They aint goin' anywhere, so we can coordinate a time another day.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: And I'll talk smack behind his back!
    Show

Hey Crobat! Your mother's so ugly, when she smiles, it lowers her opponent's speed by two stages!
    Hey Crobat! Your mother's so fat, she blocks Route 16 and Route 12 at the same time!
    Hey Crobat! Your mother's stupid, she tried to hold a Mind Plate but it was incompatible!
    How many Crobats does it take to change a lightbulb? Well one, actually, they're pretty good at it, but I still hate you!

And with that I'm guessing I pretty much sat in stone that the next thread will be titled "The Crobat Appreciation Thread," because I deserve it.
    Yeah, you tell 'em!

I always have better luck initiating the trade rather than trying to fulfill someone else's existing trade. I mean, however you want to use GTS is cool, but it won't hurt you to have a second trade that you already started off in the background for a different pokemon on your list, and offering a trade-evolution pokemon, version exclusive, or non-Rowlett starter pokemon.

Or, you know, ask here, if you want.
    That makes sense I suppose. But since I have pretty much no experience using GTS, do you think I'll have any trouble getting people to trade when all I've got to offer are things that can be caught in Sun/Moon?

Also, it's been weeks since I've even looked at my 2DS. Spending a week straight trying to catch a Castform and seeing not so much as a single one really sapped my will to play.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Barbarian in the Playground

So, I've finished the main game of Pokemon Moon, and I'm currently in the middle of the part of the post-game where
    Spoiler: Warning - some spoilers for the game
    Show

you have to go all over Alola to catch the Ultra Beasts. And I have to say, I really did like the game. I liked the increased focus on story and characters (though apparently some people didn't, funny how different opinions work), and I really liked the music. The beginning of the game was a bit slow, especially with all of the cutscenes, but I quickly got over that once I got past the beginning. The twist of
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nebby being the Legendary Pokemon
    was something that was pleasantly surprising. I was a little bit disappointed by the fact that the evil-team-focus is kind of split between the two teams (Skull and Aether), and I was a bit more disappointed that the area of Ultra Space that you get to explore is a relatively small cavern with just a bunch of Nihilego in it. I really appreciated the fact that HMs are no longer a thing (for all the jokes about "7.8/10 too much water", I was annoyed in ORAS to have to put 3 water HMs on one of my Pokemon, leaving it with only one other move). However, I did not appreciate that quick access to things like the pokemon menu and items menu was removed from the bottom screen. Overall, I really liked it, but I did think a few things could have been better.
    Last edited by Domino Quartz; 2017-04-11 at 03:17 PM.
    Spoiler: Out-of-context quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ...He would have to stay there permanently (without cake, somehow not breathing) for the prophecy to be fulfilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    Maybe Blackwing is a Schrödinger's familiar.
    Any given member of the Order needs to do a quantum measurement to see if they remember him

Azurite Name Inspirations
    Rich is a better writer than that!
    Free speech?

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

In terms of actual gameplay, the lack of HM's is probably the single best change to this game. I really hope they never go back. Riding Pokemon is a million times better.

That said, I miss the actual Surf move. It's a solid, safe move that's more reliable than Hydro Pump, and was the only HM move from back in the day that I would put on Pokemon I actually used as something more than an HM slave.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

In terms of actual gameplay, the lack of HM's is probably the single best change to this game. I really hope they never go back. Riding Pokemon is a million times better.

That said, I miss the actual Surf move. It's a solid, safe move that's more reliable than Hydro Pump, and was the only HM move from back in the day that I would put on Pokemon I actually used as something more than an HM slave.
    You can get fly, waterfall, and surf as TMs.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Fly you can get on Ula Ula Island from a girl in Malie Library as soon as you arrive there. Waterfall and Surf aren't available until the postgame, but you get them both from a double battle right outside the ruins on Poni Island.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    You can get fly, waterfall, and surf as TMs.
    Good to know. Must have just missed it somewhere along the line then.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Wow. thank you.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Banned

Devil

Is it too much to ask for GF to create more pokemon to be distributed around the world? They've now released information regarding a Ho-oh, Capped Pikachu's, and have released both Shiny Magikarp and Shiny Tapu Koko to Japan only, with like a thousand people in the UK having a unique Pikachu. But literally nothing else outside of meta-manipulation from the Mega stones.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

You know when the RNG is just fracking taking the [urine].

Did another round of breeding my squirtles. Gender doesn't matter, aiming for an HA, all-but-attack. Still early on in the project, breeding from a 4 and 2. Not expecting much, since how many months did Snivy take?

First egg I bred today? HA, 5-IV (all but attack); only 5IV in the bunch of twos and threes.

FEMALE.

*eyeglowtwitch*

*eyeglowtwitch*

You know what RNG, you can just go and [Army Of The Red Spear Official Notice: Portions of this post have breached maximum profanity and invective levels where viewing would be dangerous to the mental health of all living creatures, outsiders, constructs, robots, undead and eldtritch horrors from outside of time and space. These portions have been been automatically censored.] and your gerbils, too!

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    You know when the RNG is just fracking taking the [urine].

Did another round of breeding my squirtles. Gender doesn't matter, aiming for an HA, all-but-attack. Still early on in the project, breeding from a 4 and 2. Not expecting much, since how many months did Snivy take?

First egg I bred today? HA, 5-IV (all but attack); only 5IV in the bunch of twos and threes.

FEMALE.

*eyeglowtwitch*

*eyeglowtwitch*

You know what RNG, you can just go and [Army Of The Red Spear Official Notice: Portions of this post have breached maximum profanity and invective levels where viewing would be dangerous to the mental health of all living creatures, outsiders, constructs, robots, undead and eldtritch horrors from outside of time and space. These portions have been been automatically censored.] and your gerbils, too!
    Think of it as using up all the bad luck on Snivys?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

I know I've mentioned this before, but you really ought to give Swap Breeding a try. I've bred three perfect Pokemon in the time since you traded me one of your extra Snivys and already EV trained two of them. Granted, none of those are mons I'm running the Hidden Ability on, but the process works for that, it's just potentially a little bit harder (read: time consuming) due to it being one more random factor that needs to be accounted for. Still faster than mass-breeding and praying to RNGesus though.

I can explain my process if you think it would help. If you'd want, I could also do a little time challenge with a mon I haven't done any breeding with yet to prove just how quickly I could attain a perfect one.

Edit: there's also the eggrng method, which uses an external program to track (but can be set up without accessing or modifying the game data in any way, though it's time consuming). Basically you input the seed your game is on and what parents you're breeding and it tells you what you'll hatch and when, with the ability to filter and search for specific results. Managed to hatch a perfect (0 attack, 31 elsewhere) female Salandit in 3 eggs after figuring out the seed.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2017-04-21 at 07:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Double post, but it's been a week and a half... Would there be any interest in a tournament? For rules, I was thinking the following:

• Singles battles with a varying number of Pokemon per round (starting with three or four and using a full team of six in the final match). Pokemon above level 50 would be set to 50.
    • Double elimination with random seeding.
    • Standard Smogon OU Tier rules.
    • No Legendary or Mythical Pokemon (even if they're lower tier). This includes Ultra Beasts and Tapus.
    • Limit one pseudo-legendary or starter family Pokemon.
    • You must use the same team throughout the entire tournament, your team being defined as any six Pokemon of your choice that are legal by the other rules. However, you may rotate Pokemon within your team from match to match. (For example, if the first round was 3v3 and the second round 4v4, you would be allowed to take one Pokemon from your first round lineup with three more Pokemon you had not used yet.)
    • Battle Video replays are required after each match.

And possibly these as well, though I'd want feedback:

• Unless something has been used in battle previously, you are permitted to modify it for future rounds. This would include specific Pokemon selection and moves known, but not things like abilities, IVs and EVs on Pokemon that had been previously used. The alternative to this would be having everyone post their teams upfront, because otherwise you really couldn't enforce someone not being allowed to change these things. Personally, I think it would be more interesting to not have that information available upfront and allow people to adapt their own strategy based on watching other people's performance.
    • Depending on how much interest there is and the size of the tournament, allowing players to bench Pokemon from their team. A player's bench size would start at zero and increase (probably to a maximum of three) as the tournament proceeded. This would allow a larger team to rotate Pokemon from and enable a bit more adaptability as the tournament progresses.
    • Team selection restrictions. Either a mono-type tournament where all Pokemon must share one chosen type or alternatively a region-locked tournament where all Pokemon must be native to the Alola Region (in the Alola Pokedex) and be obtainable in Sun & Moon (or alternatively, any region/regional Pokedex of the player's choosing, though Kalos may need to be further restricted in that case). I'd be open to other ideas, but I like the idea of there being some form of restriction to play around.
    • An item clause, where no two Pokemon may hold the same item. I'm indifferent on this one, but it's an option.

Thoughts? Would you be interested in something like this?
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2017-04-29 at 06:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Having a week of freetime and relatively good weather my little nerd self is only convincing itself to go outside with a Gameboy (err, I mean 2DS). I want to restart my Nuzlocke (yes, the THIRD time) as I have wiped to both the Dark type Kahuna AND to Guzma the Third. Litten died before finally evolving, suffering the plight of any fire type starter in Nuzlockes - being to frail. Rowlet was of great use but it is a dangerous thing to have when your main antagonist specializes in a type that your star pokemon is 4x weak to.

So I am either using Popplio - and there is nothing I like about the fluff of the pokemon but it's stats and typing is grand - or tossing away my starter for an additional catch. And because my mono-water run in Alpha Sapphire was very fun I would like to try another mono run.

Which mono runs would you recommend as being challenging but doable without any major difficulty spikes (besides the usual Kahuna/Challenge countering your chosen type. I chose Water for Hoenn because of the IGN joke. Alola would be perfect for Rock types (mountains, islands are rocks in the water) or Grass types. Mono Flying is VERY doable in terms of choices but Flying is a very frail type (Skarmory alleviates that a bit but only a bit).

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

'Nother four megastones avialable via password:Pidgeotite, Steelixite, Heracronite, and Houndoominite.

Password is AZUL.

(Still waitin', hopin' I don't miss Lopunnite...)

*sigh* Of COURSE I can't get them now, because my 3DS is suddenly magically not able to connect to my router, which means at least a router reboot and it's to late to be faffing around at this time of night...

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

It's funny, but I came to post exactly that.

Since I never got any sort of response, I'm going to ask again: would there be any interest in a giantitp tournament?

25. - Top - End - #325
    Troll in the Playground

Offhand, I'd say we're more in to the collecting and breeding end of Pokemon rather than battling. There's a handful of people that'd be glad to battle, but I don't think without introducing some goofy rules or prizes there's not going to be much change in interest. Kinda makes me ask if there's something we could do to come up with some sort of breeding competition that wouldn't just result in "best battle-ready pokemon" but nothing really comes to mind.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

26. - Top - End - #326
    Firbolg in the Playground

Offhand, I'd say we're more in to the collecting and breeding end of Pokemon rather than battling. There's a handful of people that'd be glad to battle, but I don't think without introducing some goofy rules or prizes there's not going to be much change in interest. Kinda makes me ask if there's something we could do to come up with some sort of breeding competition that wouldn't just result in "best battle-ready pokemon" but nothing really comes to mind.
    Breed the most useless possible pokemon? That is, as close as you can get to all-0 IVs, the worst possible egg move/ability combinations, with bonus points for how long the egg cycles are, M/F breeding rates, and how good it can be when optimized.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

But an all-zero-IV pokemon would have the valued 0 Speed IV for Trick Room teams, so...

Worst move combinations reminds me of the April Fool's Day team where I had a Shedinja with Sandstorm.
    ---

28. - Top - End - #328

But an all-zero-IV pokemon would have the valued 0 Speed IV for Trick Room teams, so...
    Then anyone who uses a naturally slow pokemon will score lower than someone who submits a higher-speed pokemon with low IVs. The real difficulty is selecting a pokemon that can be as useless as possible. A Shuckle with 31 Speed IVs would be worth as many points as an Accelegor with 0 Speed IVs; individual scoring calls can be made on the part of judges.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329

Can I ask questions about the TCG here? I can't seem to find a separate thread for that.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

For gimmicks, there's really only so much you can do while having a fair way to determine who the winner is. I would've thought monotype or a regioonal requirement would count though. Regarding prizes, there's not many options there besides maybe breeding a perfect IV mon for the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeal View Post
    Can I ask questions about the TCG here? I can't seem to find a separate thread for that.
    I don't know how much anyone knows about that (so you might not get many if any answers), but I doubt anyone would mind.