New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XXVIII: Get. In. The. BAG.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Eevee's C-day special move announced. It's Last Resort, and presumably the evolutions get nothing. Fortunately people need a lot of shinies for this one, or not many would bother to come out.
    Best part about living in America is that we're always last on these Community Days. So the Asian and European players will post their stuff on Reddit (like Shiny Glasses Squirtles being tied to a pokestop) and can prepare accordingly. Also, any issues or crashes can be resolved before they get here; I think Europe and Asia have experienced issues before, but by the time it got here, it got resolved.

I average about 3-4 shinies if I play the majority of a community day; the one outlier was Charmander where I caught 80 Charmanders and got only 1 shiny. The shiny rate for Community Day has been calculated about 1 in 25. We need at least 5 Shiny Eevees for the current Eevees and another 2 for the Gen 4, plus another for the last one.

On the plus side, I only used the name trick on Flareon + Espeon, so at worst, I may need to trade one, assuming I catch the requisite 8 Eevees.

P.S. The new Android update has a nasty bug in it that if you berry a pokemon and run away, clicking on it again will cause your game to crash and that Pokemon will continue causing crashes when you restart your app.
    Last edited by Joran; 2018-08-07 at 11:06 AM.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi. I'm a long time player (except the CCG & Go! games -- I don't have a smart device nor a switch) and a first time posting on this list. There are still some pokémon that I'm looking for. I have quite a bit for trade. Of course, I can only do this through Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. Well, I might be able to dig out my Alpha Sapphire...if I still have it. I keep up with the animated series/movies, as well. Of course, I have only seen the ones released in America. Those...and a few "banned episodes" from the original (Kanto) seasons.

Without intending to plug my YouTube channel, I had fun playing around with the 3DS download of Pokémon Blue (and using the "Mew cheat"). You can check them out if you want ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEM0p...E0zofY5kPDM13T ). However, I am NOT advertising my channel. I merely wanted you to know about the Pokémon videos I did. Enough with YouTube -- back to the games...

...As I had stated before (and the reason I shared the specific video series on my YouTube channel), I am looking to obtain specific pokémon in my Ultra Moon game. I have some pokémon that might be a fair trade (such as a level-7 Gyrados, shiny Clawitzer with the Pokérus, or a Korean Groudon with the Pokérus). As you can see, the reason for that link was to show the legitimacy of the level-7 "evolved" pokémon.

Anyway, I'm posting to also talk about Pokémon in general. My favorite is shiny super-sized Pumpkaboo (which I'm currently looking for). I like the Lavender Town (from Red/Blue/Yellow) theme. If you haven't guessed, I'm a fan of Ghost-types. Of course, I like Jigglypuff, as well. Sorry about the following link. I just had to share this, since I mentioned Jigglypuff ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIvNrr4chsU ).

If anyone plays Super Mario Maker, I created a Pokémon course: 2c7b-0000-0378-7177.

I guess this concludes my post (introducing myself) in this thread.
    End of line.

I am not a bot...really. I just sound like the Master Control Program that should be in charge of everything.

End of line.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

Apparently the exclusive move from the next community day (yes this is about Go again), last resort, will also appear on any eeveelutions evolved during and up to about a day after the event, and apparently it's going to be really good on particularly Espeon and Flareon as well, especially for gym defense (because it's not the same type as the rest of their moves). To evolve an Espeon or Umbreon you need to have walked at least ten kilometers with that Eevee, and it needs to be set as your buddy when you evolve it, but you are allowed to have had something else as your buddy in between, from what I've read. If you start cycling slowly now you can still set up two Eevees for evolution, plus two or three more during and after the event, if you're fanatical enough. That's five chances at last resort Espeon, three of which shiny.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2018-08-09 at 04:02 PM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

4. - Top - End - #994
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Whoops, I started falling down the competitive rabbit hole lately, and have had to resist the urge to dig out my copy of Pokemon Y to lose a bunch of online matches.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

Whenever I want to knock out a few competitive games, I just hop on Showdown, way faster than breeding a new team (or at least, get your losses out of the way so you know what to breed to play on cart.)
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Banned

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Whenever I want to knock out a few competitive games, I just hop on Showdown, way faster than breeding a new team (or at least, get your losses out of the way so you know what to breed to play on cart.)
    This. I also enjoy playing in the Create a Pokemon discussions and meta. They come up with some pretty hardcore pokemon that aren't utterly broken. One of my favourites is a mon which can use Sketch, but only once (Necturna), and there is a big fat dancing, sun bringing tree to help make Non Rain Weather actually useable (Jumbao).

They have 24 mon created and are making a trio of starters (along with all the limitations that brings: no megas, 515-535 BST, not to exceed or drop below the established starter norms, limited to one useable ability, FWG, etc.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    That's what I do as well. Last I did was an Almia region theme team. It didn't suck super hard.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2018-08-10 at 10:36 AM.

8. - Top - End - #998

PirateGuy

The skill level on Showdown is a bit higher than I'd like, at least in my experience. I'm not looking to use a full bred for competitive team on console, but rather use what I have more effectively, using the information I've learned.

Now, if I could play Showdown in bed, or away from my computer, that may swing me more that way, haha.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

You mean like on your phone?

10. - Top - End - #1000

PirateGuy

Essentially, yeah. Phone or tablet.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Well considering I just played a match on my phone not even an hour ago, I think you'll be ok.

12. - Top - End - #1002

PirateGuy

Neat. I'll have to give it a try. I've only used the standalone app on PC, so I had just assumed their website was based off Flash, and wasn't very mobile friendly.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Apparently the exclusive move from the next community day (yes this is about Go again), last resort, will also appear on any eeveelutions evolved during and up to about a day after the event, and apparently it's going to be really good on particularly Espeon and Flareon as well, especially for gym defense (because it's not the same type as the rest of their moves). To evolve an Espeon or Umbreon you need to have walked at least ten kilometers with that Eevee, and it needs to be set as your buddy when you evolve it, but you are allowed to have had something else as your buddy in between, from what I've read. If you start cycling slowly now you can still set up two Eevees for evolution, plus two or three more during and after the event, if you're fanatical enough. That's five chances at last resort Espeon, three of which shiny.
    I managed to bag 14 shiny Eevee on day 1 of the event after 3 hours of walking, and went through 7 of them until I got the three Gen 1 evolutions. Espeon and Umbreon will have to wait until I've walked my Bagon long enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    I managed to bag 14 shiny Eevee on day 1 of the event after 3 hours of walking, and went through 7 of them until I got the three Gen 1 evolutions. Espeon and Umbreon will have to wait until I've walked my Bagon long enough.
    I only was able to play about an hour and a half total during the two days, still managed to bag 4. I need another 4 to fill out the shiny Eeveelutions and future proof, but I should be able to trade for them. The benefit is I only used 1 name trick the entire time, so I can easily get all but Flareon.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So I finally did it. Got Ultra Sun. (Figured a slight dip in plot for additional cool features was decent trade as long as it's still a decent story.) After trying the first island out, I restarted because I didn't realize how much I'd dislike seeing the name Calemyr used so much. So I instead went with Wen, just because I like the idea of the rivals being Wen and Hau. I may have to name my standbys Wut, Weyr, and Wry to round out the lame joke.

So far, so good. It's familiar enough that it was easy to get back in the swing of it (last one I played was White 2), but it's got enough new features and angles that it doesn't feel old. Haven't gotten past the first bit of grass as Wen, though - holding out for a shiny or a female. It hasn't gone well so far. Can you even get female starters anymore? First time I used Litten, because I always have a soft spot for fire starters, but I'm considering Rowlet because a starter that can False Swipe (and ultimately becomes a ghost so most basic attacks don't harm it) sounds pretty darn useful. Plus the fact that you can get Gen 1 starters on the first island means I can grab Charmander and Squirtle.

If anyone has advice for an out-of-date veteran, I'd be grateful. I'm not looking to take it too seriously, of course, the franchise is just a nice way to relax.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Can you even get female starters anymore?
    Starters still have the same 7:1 male:female ratio. You can get them, it just takes a lot of resetting.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground

And to follow up, the chance for a shiny is roughly 4000:1.
    So you're better off going for a female starter than a shiny.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    The benefit is I only used 1 name trick the entire time, so I can easily get all but Flareon.
    Evolve at least the first one without the trick, you never know when it will come in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Starters still have the same 7:1 male:female ratio. You can get them, it just takes a lot of resetting.
    And in Sun/Moon, they made it PAINFULLY annoying to do so. UM/SM wasn't quite as bad, I think (but I didn't care so much, since for US I'd already bred my team anyway, so...)

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

So, in case you haven't noticed, PoGo released new Special missions. Like the ones that gave us Mew. (Not a hard guess what this batch gets us.) The second phase has, as a step, "Make 3 new friends."

Inexplicably, there are only three PoGo friend codes posted in the OP.

Just saying. If you're logging in to clear those missions... You know where to find me.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-08-22 at 01:32 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    So, in case you haven't noticed, PoGo released new Special missions. Like the ones that gave us Mew. (Not a hard guess what this batch gets us.) The second phase has, as a step, "Make 3 new friends."

Just saying. If you're logging in to clear those missions... You know where to find me.
    As an aside: If you already have friends you can unfriend and reinvite them and they count as a new friend while retaining their prior friendship level. That's what happens on the current build anyway.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'll have VirusInk friend you. She probably won't want to share her code on GitP, but she likes you.

Edit:
    Transcript of our conversation.

Me: "Hey, sis. Add this number on PoGo, it's Red Fel: 4859-1642-8609."
    Her: "RED FELLLLLLLLLL."
    Me: "Is that a yes?"
    Her: "Sent."

Hahahaha.

I'll update this. Ah, the GitP Regulars as X days return to me.

Huh... it appears no one else has added their friend code. I just reset mine this morning (that's why I'm here), because a friend of mine shared my code to their local group without asking me haha. I'll update mine below. I've asked a couple of my GitP buddies if they'd like to share their code, so they'll get back to me when they wake up.

GitP Username PoGo Username Trainer Code
    LoyalPaladin LoyalPaladin 5954-8354-6061
    Red Fel RedFel 4859-1642-8609
    Unseenmage Draqoun 7679-1541-1229

@Lvl 2 Expert, you said you wouldn't be a good friend on PoGo but didn't share your friend code. Was that intentional?
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2018-08-24 at 10:42 AM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

23. - Top - End - #1013

I'm not super active because I am in class 25 hours a day and can no longer survive exposure to direct sunlight or fresh air but here's mine: 5650 3272 1674
    Jude P.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    I'll have VirusInk friend you. She probably won't want to share her code on GitP, but she likes you.

Edit:
    Transcript of our conversation.

Me: "Hey, sis. Add this number on PoGo, it's Red Fel: 4859-1642-8609."
    Her: "RED FELLLLLLLLLL."
    Me: "Is that a yes?"
    Her: "Sent."

Hahahaha.
    Huh. So that's who that was. Got a friend request, had a hunch. Go fig, turns out I was right.

But yeah, I'm pretty surprised that so few people have added theirs. I mean, look how many 3DS Friend Code/Friend Safaris there are in the OP. Figured more people would be playing.

Guess they're all playing Azur Lane or something.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

I'll update this. Ah, the GitP Regulars as X days return to me.

Huh... it appears no one else has added their friend code.
    Ah-heh. I actually did mean to.

4102 7059 7298

I’m DocFullbladder.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

26. - Top - End - #1016

Am pretty stoked to have more GitP PoGo friends.
    It's fun seeing landmarks that aren't just my own local churches and cemetaries.

That and Red Fel's eggs are ALWAYS Vulpix somehow.

EDIT
    Hey @Loyal, did she friend me too? I too got a request and had a hunch. Would be nice to confirm.
    If so, please PM me her handle ak I can accurately tag her via nickname.
    As m trying to use nicknames to keep my three pools of PoGo friends straight since remembering their names, usernames, other names, alt accounts, etc is too hard.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2018-08-24 at 01:45 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground

I've sent a few requests to people in the thread. Not as active here as I have been in the past, but the new special research thing requires making more friends, so there we go. Same username there as here.
    Take your best shot, everyone else does.
    Avatar by Guildorn Tanaleth. See other avatars below.

Spoiler
    Show
    My original avatar and much better ones by groundhog22 and a Winter Olympics one by Rae Artemi.

28. - Top - End - #1018

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    I'm not super active because I am in class 25 hours a day and can no longer survive exposure to direct sunlight or fresh air but here's mine: 5650 3272 1674
    I added you to the table. Is your username the same on PoGo as it is here?

Huh. So that's who that was. Got a friend request, had a hunch. Go fig, turns out I was right.

But yeah, I'm pretty surprised that so few people have added theirs. I mean, look how many 3DS Friend Code/Friend Safaris there are in the OP. Figured more people would be playing.
    Heh. Yeah, she sent it pretty quick after I told her to. I expected a lot more to be playing as well, but maybe they just don't expect to look for community for a mobile game on a TTRPG based site.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Ah-heh. I actually did mean to.

4102 7059 7298

I’m DocFullbladder.
    You've been added!

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Hey @Loyal, did she friend me too? I too got a request and had a hunch. Would be nice to confirm.
    She's AmpereVirus on PoGo, but VirusInk on here. I don't think she's checked GitP in a long while, but I'll link her this thread in case she has interest.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTarget View Post
    I've sent a few requests to people in the thread. Not as active here as I have been in the past, but the new special research thing requires making more friends, so there we go. Same username there as here.
    Did you want to list your friend code?

GitP Username PoGo Username Trainer Code
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins DocFullbladder 4102-7059-7298
    LoyalPaladin LoyalPaladin 5954-8354-6061
    noparlpf ???? 5650-3272-1674
    Red Fel RedFel 4859-1642-8609
    Scheming Wizard Arktaios 3776-9139-4631
    Unseenmage Draqoun 7679-1541-1229
    WalkingTarget WalkingTarget ????-????-????
    I got personal permission from Scheming Wizard before adding his code.

Yeah, so what if it's alphabetized? I don't have OCD. You have OCD!
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2018-08-24 at 04:00 PM.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, why not.

9545-4808-2027
    Take your best shot, everyone else does.
    Avatar by Guildorn Tanaleth. See other avatars below.

Spoiler
    Show
    My original avatar and much better ones by groundhog22 and a Winter Olympics one by Rae Artemi.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

@Lvl 2 Expert, you said you wouldn't be a good friend on PoGo but didn't share your friend code. Was that intentional?
    Yup. I added the people who posted their codes, and I'll add the new folks. I just like the control I have over my friends list by being the adder rather than the addee.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2018-08-25 at 01:45 AM.