New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 4: Swordfights!!! on Air

Shuttle

Mia looks at the skill of this man, and appeares suprised. For a moment she seems paralyzed.
    "This is somethign we could make good use of." she says, her voice calm. "I think I should introduce you to our leader."
    She tries grabs the man and drag him off to the main building.
    "Can you make ANY material or just change something into something simular?"

Either way Mia tries to contact Wenomir or Cessie. She migth got someone who could be helfull against the deamons.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #602
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Shuttle

Mia looks at the skill of this man, and appeares suprised. For a moment she seems paralyzed.
    "This is somethign we could make good use of." she says, her voice calm. "I think I should introduce you to our leader."
    She tries grabs the man and drag him off to the main building.
    "Can you make ANY material or just change something into something simular?"

Either way Mia tries to contact Wenomir or Cessie. She migth got someone who could be helfull against the deamons.
    Gary gets pulled along by Mia and says "From what I can tell, I can only change things into the same state of matter. So I can't turn solid iron into liquid gold, but I can turn water into mercury."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

3. - Top - End - #603

[Commander's Village]

Mia knows that she has the permission to recruit members herself, right? She does not need to bring every new member to Cessie and Wenomir.
    Either way, it is not certain either of them are at the base right this moment. But she could always check if it is necessary.

4. - Top - End - #604

Shuttle -> Main Base

In fact her player doesn't know. Mia's intend was more for the silver transmutation. If the silver has the same effekt as normal silver, they have plenty more material against the demons.

"Oaky, let's get the form for you, then." Mia says. "I think your ability will be very usefull in the near future."

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Shuttle -> Main Base

In fact her player doesn't know. Mia's intend was more for the silver transmutation. If the silver has the same effekt as normal silver, they have plenty more material against the demons.

"Oaky, let's get the form for you, then." Mia says. "I think your ability will be very usefull in the near future."
    Gary says "Alright. Would you want me to be on the frontline or have a more of an office work position?"
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

6. - Top - End - #606

Shuttle -> Main Base

"We aren't that strict." Mia replies. "Most of the times your free to do as you like, just be ready if anything starts. In your case I guess you might gather material to transform it into silver, if it proofes to be effektive. If you need a home you can live in the village or take a room in the main Base."

7. - Top - End - #607
    Troll in the Playground

Shuttle -> Main Base

"We aren't that strict." Mia replies. "Most of the times your free to do as you like, just be ready if anything starts. In your case I guess you might gather material to transform it into silver, if it proofes to be effektive. If you need a home you can live in the village or take a room in the main Base."
    Gary says "I'll be staying at the main base for the time being. Do you need only silver? Are there any other metals that you need?"

8. - Top - End - #608

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Gary says "I'll be staying at the main base for the time being. Do you need only silver? Are there any other metals that you need?"
    "Okay" Mia says "Unless your able to make a specific kind of bone, I don't think so.

Sure there is the par about other materials for her robots, but she still thinks there is a downside on that effekt, like a timelimit or that the material isn't 100% the created kind. Something like that.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Troll in the Playground

"Okay" Mia says "Unless your able to make a specific kind of bone, I don't think so.

Sure there is the par about other materials for her robots, but she still thinks there is a downside on that effekt, like a timelimit or that the material isn't 100% the created kind. Something like that.
    Gary says "Alright then, I'll get settled in, make some silver weapons for you guys, and study up on whatever threats you have here. You mentioned demons, so I guess that an enemy MG42 is the least of my worries."

10. - Top - End - #610

[Main base]

"I wouldn't say that." Mia replies. "We had enemies of all times and kind. Demons are just the major problem these days. AMAN for example got more Weapons like a MG42. Oh and can i get the silver bullet? I want to make some tests with it."

11. - Top - End - #611
    Troll in the Playground

[Main base]

"I wouldn't say that." Mia replies. "We had enemies of all times and kind. Demons are just the major problem these days. AMAN for example got more Weapons like a MG42. Oh and can i get the silver bullet? I want to make some tests with it."
    Gary says "Sure, have this one" and pulls out the bullet he just changed to silver and offers it to Mia. "It's a .30 caliber round, so if you're going to do any ballistics tests on it, be sure to load it into a weapon that takes it. I don't know how much weapons have advanced here, but if you need help, I can tell you what weapons I know of that use it if you need help."

12. - Top - End - #612

[Main base]

Mia takes the bullet.
    "Don't worry about that." she says. "Weapons are machines and I have a hugh knowledge in that kind of things.
    Thought I mostly used weapons that work without ammunition like this."

"You can make yourself comfortable, unless you have other questions."

13. - Top - End - #613
    Troll in the Playground

[Main base]

Mia takes the bullet.
    "Don't worry about that." she says. "Weapons are machines and I have a hugh knowledge in that kind of things.
    Thought I mostly used weapons that work without ammunition like this."

"You can make yourself comfortable, unless you have other questions."
    "Alright, thanks. I understand that I'm probably unorthodox in my loadout. You people use advanced magic and technology I didn't think was possible. I'm probably a cave man compared to everyone else. Anyways, good luck with your research. If there's anything you need from me, just let me know." With that, Gary walks off to find where he is staying.

14. - Top - End - #614

[Main base]

"Some do use high technologie or magic, but for Example I also use a sword." she says, realizing how odd that is. She waves him a goodbye and heads over to the labs.

There she will test the material. first of she tries to identify it to make sure it is silver or at least silver like.Testing for hardness, meltppoint and other features silver got.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Troll in the Playground

[Main base]

"Some do use high technologie or magic, but for Example I also use a sword." she says, realizing how odd that is. She waves him a goodbye and heads over to the labs.

There she will test the material. first of she tries to identify it to make sure it is silver or at least silver like.Testing for hardness, meltppoint and other features silver got.
    The metal tests positive as silver. The entire lead part of the bullet is silver. However, the unaffected casing still tests to be brass.

16. - Top - End - #616

[Main base]

Mia will repeat the test, just to make sure. Especially if it loose it's state over time.
    Unless something changes she will write a propper report to inform the other people.
    after that she returns to her duties to repair the shuttles.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Troll in the Playground

[Main base]

Mia will repeat the test, just to make sure. Especially if it loose it's state over time.
    Unless something changes she will write a propper report to inform the other people.
    after that she returns to her duties to repair the shuttles.
    The bullet still tests as silver. Even if Mia looks down to the structure of the atoms, it's still silver.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Firbolg in the Playground

Gary shouldn't have any trouble finding a bunk in the [Upper Village - Barracks].
    But some time later, after reading Mia's report, someone comes looking for him. That someone is an invisible, inaudible, non-presence, or so it seems unless you are very quick of the eye and quick of the mind. Then you might notice something there.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #619
    Troll in the Playground

[Upper Village - Barracks]

Gary sits on an empty bed he assumes is his and puts the M1 Garand around his shoulder in his lap. After sitting down, he says to himself in an apathetic voice "back to Army life I suppose."

20. - Top - End - #620

"Not exactly what you were hoping for?" inquires the visitor, decloaking at a nearby bunk, though not right next to Gary or anything. That would be rude.

This woman(?) looks rather less human, a little more monstrous. Four arms, armor plates growing out of the skin, burning eyes. You wouldn't be wrong to call her a demon, but that would be misleading. This isn't one of the creatures VIGIL is focused on fighting recently. Not exactly.
    "I heard about your ability to transform things. The philosopher's stone? But the report didn't say - do you know where it came from?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #621
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Not exactly what you were hoping for?" inquires the visitor, decloaking at a nearby bunk, though not right next to Gary or anything. That would be rude.

This woman(?) looks rather less human, a little more monstrous. Four arms, armor plates growing out of the skin, burning eyes. You wouldn't be wrong to call her a demon, but that would be misleading. This isn't one of the creatures VIGIL is focused on fighting recently. Not exactly.
    "I heard about your ability to transform things. The philosopher's stone? But the report didn't say - do you know where it came from?"
    Gary, surprised and frightened, clutches his rifle and says "I don't believe I'm at liberty to disclose that information." He starts to move his hand as slowly and subtly he can up to the bayonet.

22. - Top - End - #622

"Secret from your home?" The monster looks skeptical, but doesn't press the issue. "Understandable."

"Sophia. Not actually a VIGIL member; I'm here assisting them on behalf of Queen Aaiesi; we have a common enemy in the demon lord who attacked WATCH. You're Gary Davidson. Welcome. We have high hopes of you bringing a bit more discipline to this place."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #623
    Troll in the Playground

"Secret from your home?" The monster looks skeptical, but doesn't press the issue. "Understandable."

"Sophia. Not actually a VIGIL member; I'm here assisting them on behalf of Queen Aaiesi; we have a common enemy in the demon lord who attacked WATCH. You're Gary Davidson. Welcome. We have high hopes of you bringing a bit more discipline to this place."
    "Who is this queen, and of what nation?" says Gary "I don't really know anything about your countries. Also, I only know one queen, and she doesn't even run the entire country." Gary touches his bayonet and turns it to silver. He then shifts his hand back to its original position and starts to slowly move the butt upwards.

24. - Top - End - #624

"Eurus Underground and Ell, currently. Reigned since after the post-Char regency." The monster-assistant explains, using names that probably mean nothing to Gary.
    "It's not a terribly large kingdom, but no less regal for that. 'Countries' isn't exactly the way to think of it around here. Instead, think of the leaders. Even in the time of nations, no one ran one single-handedly." Her eyes fall on the gun; is he going to start something, or just being careful?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-10-29 at 07:40 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #625
    Troll in the Playground

"Eurus Underground and Ell, currently. Reigned since after the post-Char regency." The monster-assistant explains, using names that probably mean nothing to Gary.
    "It's not a terribly large kingdom, but no less regal for that. 'Countries' isn't exactly the way to think of it around here. Instead, think of the leaders. Even in the time of nations, no one ran one single-handedly." Her eyes fall on the gun; is he going to start something, or just being careful?"
    "So even when there are no countries, there are politics and war." Gary says as a statement rather than a question. "Alright, so our enemy is a demon, gives me reason enough to fight. So what are you and why should I trust you?"
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2017-10-29 at 09:25 PM.

26. - Top - End - #626

"People always find a way, and a reason, to fight." Sophia says, shrugging her upper arms.
    "As for me?" She looks away.
    "I guess you could call me an angel - stalker class prime. I used to be a patent lawyer. Before all this started."

"You can trust me because, mm, if I meant you ill, why bother talking?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #627
    Troll in the Playground

"People always find a way, and a reason, to fight." Sophia says, shrugging her upper arms.
    "As for me?" She looks away.
    "I guess you could call me an angel - stalker class prime. I used to be a patent lawyer. Before all this started."

"You can trust me because, mm, if I meant you ill, why bother talking?"
    Gary says "That makes me feel safer talking to you. I'm sorry, but I mistook you for the exact opposite." Gary touches his bayonet, turning it back into steel, and lowers his weapon. "Alright, what do you want me to do? I don't know how much I can door, but I'll help in any way I can."

28. - Top - End - #628

Sophia nods and folds her hands. She's playing word games here: an angel is the opposite of a demon because despite being very similar creatures, they serve very different ends.
    "Learn about your power; you have come into possession of a tremendous gift, however it happened. How complex can the transformations be? Even if it turns out that all you can do is supply blessed silver - search for your limits and then surpass them. Naturally, we should like to see this advantage spread among allies, and kept out of dangerous hands."
    "Pass on your knowledge - you were trained to fight armies of others like you, correct? Men with guns. But much of tactics and strategy is timeless."
    "Protect life. Battles are battles, but I suspect the wars here are for higher stakes than you are accustomed to."
    she warns.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

Sophia nods and folds her hands. She's playing word games here: an angel is the opposite of a demon because despite being very similar creatures, they serve very different ends.
    "Learn about your power; you have come into possession of a tremendous gift, however it happened. How complex can the transformations be? Even if it turns out that all you can do is supply blessed silver - search for your limits and then surpass them. Naturally, we should like to see this advantage spread among allies, and kept out of dangerous hands."
    "Pass on your knowledge - you were trained to fight armies of others like you, correct? Men with guns. But much of tactics and strategy is timeless."
    "Protect life. Battles are battles, but I suspect the wars here are for higher stakes than you are accustomed to."
    she warns.
    "So far, all I know is that I can turn substances into any other substance, providing that it can exist at the current temperature in it's state of matter. I can also only change one state of matter to another." Says Gary "I was trained to fight armies, but I think that you're wrong about the stakes. We joined forces with several other countries, even some I personally don't agree with everything they do to fight another army bent on taking over the world. Unless conquests are bigger than world domination here, I'm pretty sure I've seen the biggest war that will ever happen, and that's saying something, considering what happened in the exact same places no less than 20 years ago."

30. - Top - End - #630

"You fought the biggest war that would ever happen, and then twenty years later you fought what was actually the biggest war that will ever happen?" Sophia shakes her head. "Why not a third time?"
    She isn't sure if he has a point. Is this really a mere political battle? Even if the demons win, they all come from life in the beginning, more or less.

"Changing substances - do you know of any limits yet? Can they be as complex as you want? Can you change living things, they're basically solid, correct?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine