New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground
    Default Re: What's your favorite headcanon?

Quote Originally Posted by Seppl View Post
    The machines run The Matrix using a simplified physics model. One that is based on mathematical rules that can easily be simulated by a machine. The "real" world outside the matrix has no such limitations. Outside the matrix, the power of love and prophecies are real, while the second law of thermodynamics is not. We, the audience, having grown up in the strict mathematical causality of the simulated world, are only familiar with the restricted physics of the matrix and think that mind powers are only a myth from stories.
    Ooh, that's clever!

2. - Top - End - #632
    Colossus in the Playground

I liked the Cracked theory that the simpsons was actually the matrix after the end of the third film. See, too many people disconnected, so they went low budget. Lower quality visuals, its all condensed to primarily a single town. Nothing changes for the main characters, yet time is clearly passing as we get to see current day events and famous people despite the kids never graduating to the next grade.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #633
    Bugbear in the Playground

From Shakespeare class: Antonio in Twelfth Night is in love with Sebastian. Maybe more shipping than headcanon, but I think there’s some evidence for it.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I liked the Cracked theory that the simpsons was actually the matrix after the end of the third film. See, too many people disconnected, so they went low budget. Lower quality visuals, its all condensed to primarily a single town. Nothing changes for the main characters, yet time is clearly passing as we get to see current day events and famous people despite the kids never graduating to the next grade.
    yeah but the Matrix is frozen in time the opposite way; individual people age but the world never changes

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    This is a long thread, so it's possible this is a repeat. That said:

The Croods takes place in the aftermath of an apocalyptic war on a low gravity alien planet, which involved extensive genetic modifications to both humans and a lot of the other invasive species they brought from Earth, plus a good long time for weird adaptations to crop up from a seriously screwed up ecosystem.

It makes so much more sense than the implicit stone age caveman setting, and there's absolutely nothing there that contradicts it.
    That's a bit like the Flintstones theory that that're actually in the distant future, further than the Jetsons, and genetic engineering has replaced all other technologies which is why their record player is a bird and so forth. And yet their TV is still a TV
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2018-04-21 at 09:26 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Judge Dredd and Mad Max take place on different continents of the same world. (See when OG Dredd goes outside and is attacked ny cannibals).
    Your headcanon and not mine: Mad Max is just too sane to be part of the same setting.
    You read that right.

I have one for World of Warcraft: NPCS and enemies use the same restriction system the players use, which is why they respawn.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

6. - Top - End - #636
    Troll in the Playground

here is a saner head cannon we gonna become titans in warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

7. - Top - End - #637

Quote Originally Posted by Seppl View Post
    The machines run The Matrix using a simplified physics model. One that is based on mathematical rules that can easily be simulated by a machine. The "real" world outside the matrix has no such limitations. Outside the matrix, the power of love and prophecies are real, while the second law of thermodynamics is not. We, the audience, having grown up in the strict mathematical causality of the simulated world, are only familiar with the restricted physics of the matrix and think that mind powers are only a myth from stories.
    Absolutely brilliant!
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Your headcanon and not mine: Mad Max is just too sane to be part of the same setting.
    You read that right.

I have one for World of Warcraft: NPCS and enemies use the same restriction system the players use, which is why they respawn.
    The part where Dredd leaves Megacity 1 is straight out of a MM shoot though. I refer purely to the films, the comic universes don't apply because I haven't read them.

I really liked the idea that Skynet doesn't actually care about Connor. That is a red herring to keep the heroes from interfering with her real goal, which is uploading a complete log of everything that happened in the last attempt so she can correct mistakes. That is why the Terminators are getting stronger, Skynet has literally infinite tries to get things right.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

The part where Dredd leaves Megacity 1 is straight out of a MM shoot though. I refer purely to the films, the comic universes don't apply because I haven't read them.
    Yeah, that does make a lot more sense in light of Dredd as opposed to the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    here is a saner head cannon we gonna become titans in warcraft.
    Probably. It's only a matter of time before Sagreas becomes a raid boss, and from memory the PCs have beaten the hell out of at least one titian, so i'm not ruling it out.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

10. - Top - End - #640
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Yeah, that does make a lot more sense in light of Dredd as opposed to the comics.

Probably. It's only a matter of time before Sagreas becomes a raid boss, and from memory the PCs have beaten the hell out of at least one titian, so i'm not ruling it out.
    IIRC, Aggramar (a titan) and Argus (a World-Soul/baby Titan) are the final two bosses of the current expansion, so yeah. Sargeras ends up in magical space prison (again) at the end.

11. - Top - End - #641

Not sure if this qualifies, but here goes: on my current play through of Skyrim, I'm married to Aela the Huntress and my main travelling companion is Serana. My headcanon is that we're polyamorous, but they have a rivalry not out of jealousy but because
    Spoiler: nearly a decade old spoiler
    Show
    Aela is a werewolf and Serana is a vampire, and I've been infected and later cured of both and they each want to turn me back to their side.

Also, if you need to go back to be cured of vampirism multiple times by Falion of Morthal, he always acts like he's meeting you for the first time because vampirism is socially embarrassing like an STD.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Persona 4's Kanji is bisexual. The reason his Shadow Self and dungeon have so much gay imagery is that he is attracted to both men and women, but it's the attraction to men he was trying to hide and trying to suppress, so that's the part that became his Shadow.

Also, Kanji and Naoto are obviously dating by the end. I've never shipped any couple as hard as Kanji / Naoto.

13. - Top - End - #643

In My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Twilight is the only one of the element bearers whose role could not have been filled by more or less anyone

Omegaupdate Forum

14. - Top - End - #644

In Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery the assassination attempt by Paddy O'Brien in the bathroom was not ordered by Dr.Evil. It was ordered by Scott Evil after he took control of Virtucon and the time portal following the events of Goldmember. (if you recall, in The Spy Who Shagged Me Scott suggests using the time machine to send an assassain to some point where they know Austin was sitting on the toilet

Omegaupdate Forum

15. - Top - End - #645
    Orc in the Playground

In Return of the Jedi the Ewoks are freakishly strong - stronger than wwookkiieess (I can never get the double letters straight ) - after all, they can fire arrows hard enough to punch through armour and throw huge rocks as if they were styrofoam props!

16. - Top - End - #646

The moral of Green Eggs and Ham is that you should always give in to peer pressure

Omegaupdate Forum

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sinewmire View Post
    In Return of the Jedi the Ewoks are freakishly strong - stronger than wwookkiieess (I can never get the double letters straight ) - after all, they can fire arrows hard enough to punch through armour and throw huge rocks as if they were styrofoam props!
    We never see the arrows punch through armor though, and they definitely used catapults and other engines for their rock throwing.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

18. - Top - End - #648
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    We never see the arrows punch through armor though, and they definitely used catapults and other engines for their rock throwing.
    well technically ewoks can use chewnacca sized guns thus its not on how powerful the skittermander is but who gave him the heavy weapon proficiency and railgun to defend them self.
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

19. - Top - End - #649

I have decided that young hobbits are called hoblets.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Nod, get treat.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Pixie in the Playground

Star Wars was fully completed in 1998

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

well technically ewoks can use chewnacca sized guns thus its not on how powerful the skittermander is but who gave him the heavy weapon proficiency and railgun to defend them self.
    That made no sense whatsoever.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

22. - Top - End - #652
    Titan in the Playground

So it's basically every post by that poster. Ignore is your friend.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Troll in the Playground

if you play swtor and starfinder it actualy mades sense. as one of the companions in swtor is ewok and uses chewbacca style crossbow in combat. and as the wiki says cewbacca uses rail gun lasergun hybrid thus ewok can use long arms in starfinder.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by sengmeng View Post
    I have decided that young hobbits are called hoblets.
    A group of 8 hobbits is a hobbyte.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

25. - Top - End - #655
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

The the Baldur's Gate video games are what really happened and the Baldur's Gate novels never existed.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Whispering Goat View Post
    The the Baldur's Gate video games are what really happened and the Baldur's Gate novels never existed.
    That's not headcanon, they really did disavow the novels at one point, im pretty sure.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

That's not headcanon, they really did disavow the novels at one point, im pretty sure.
    No, not really. I assume you're talking about the Murder in Baldur's Gate adventure, and while they did re imagine Minsc as a character more like he was in the games (instead of a red headed nincompoop who became a tavern wench... sigh) it still revolved around Abdel Adrian who was the epicly hateable protagonist from the novels.

28. - Top - End - #658

Skyrim optimization forums suggest using Mehrune's Razor as an offhand weapon because its power is that it has a small chance to instantly kill any opponent it hits, and the two weapon power attack routine hits twice with the left-hand weapon. Mehrune's Razor is also not actually a razor but a dagger with huge quillons, which means it resembles a partying dagger or mein-gauche. So I've decided it was always meant to be used in the off-hand.

Nod, get treat.

29. - Top - End - #659

if you play swtor and starfinder it actualy mades sense. as one of the companions in swtor is ewok and uses chewbacca style crossbow in combat. and as the wiki says cewbacca uses rail gun lasergun hybrid thus ewok can use long arms in starfinder.
    Also IIRC in Lucas' first draft wookies and ewoks were originally the same thing

Omegaupdate Forum

30. - Top - End - #660
    Pixie in the Playground

Magneto was right.