New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: New Stick Tales Story "Haleo & Julelan" (plus Blood Runs in the Family) in PDF

Quote Originally Posted by Centaur View Post
    Page 709, panel 8, the word “forté”: for me, the last letter displays in a generic fallback font. (I’m viewing with Evince on Ubuntu 16.04 if that matters.)
    Same here on Windows 10 with SumatraPDF, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and a few other PDF readers.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: New Stick Tales Story "Haleo & Julelan" (plus Blood Runs in the Family) in PDF

I suspect it's because of the accent, that the font probably doesn't support. (Ironically, "forte" is actually spelled without an accent).

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Default New Stick Tales Story "Haleo & Julelan"

Consistent with the whacky stories from Snips, Snails and Dragon Tales ... Rich's take on the old stories reminds me of the TV cartoons from the 60's called fractured fairy tales.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

The details for "The Order of the Stick: Blood Runs in the Family (Book 5)", in the column "First Published" lists 2006. I believe this must be a later date.
    all hail the marshmallow pirate kitty

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

On page 17 of Haleo and Julelan, is the Princess' quote supposed to be
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My tum-TUM knows no flags"?
    It appears as
    Spoiler
    Show
    "tum TIM",
    I'm guessing if this wasn't intended then it was a typo during the font change?

Awesome story as usual, thanks, Giant.
    Last edited by Darth Paul; 2017-03-04 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Also, everything Darth Paul just said.
    Namer Of MitD Threads
    Charter Member and Head Ninja of Peelee's Lotsey Ninjas
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    [furiously scribbles notes on how Darth Paul is the MitD]

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

I do not have the option of PayPal available; with other products it shows up. Does anyone else see the option of PayPal?
    Huckster-Avatar by Mehoaido from DeviantArt. And yes, the cat is called "Salem".

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adaon Nightwind View Post
    I do not have the option of PayPal available; with other products it shows up. Does anyone else see the option of PayPal?
    I had the same problem on Chrome. Eventually the option showed up on Edge, but not at first.
    ungelic is us

8. - Top - End - #38
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Paul View Post
    On page 17 of Haleo and Julelan, is the Princess' quote supposed to be
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My tum-TUM knows no flags"?
    It appears as
    Spoiler
    Show
    "tum TIM",
    I'm guessing if this wasn't intended then it was a typo during the font change?
    Not during the font change. It's in the original.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adaon Nightwind View Post
    I have the same problem (not being able to pay with PayPal - haven't checked other products though). IIRC I couldn't pay initially for some past books but some days later it did work.

If it doesn't work in the near future, I plan to contact gumroad about it...

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

I found a kind of workaround. After using Google a bit (since the Gumroad site itself does not offer search features), i got to this page, and was able to use PayPal.

https://gumroad.com/richburlew#

And now i am looking forward to a romantic reading.
    Huckster-Avatar by Mehoaido from DeviantArt. And yes, the cat is called "Salem".

11. - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

Try switching the language as well. I switched to Chinese and the Paypal option appeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Currently playing as Atalanta/Artemis in Arcran's Pocket Monsters Online! (OOC|IC)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    I suspect it's because of the accent, that the font probably doesn't support. (Ironically, "forte" is actually spelled without an accent).
    On pages 762, 766, 889a, 946a, “cliché” displays correctly, although when selected and copied to clipboard, it loses the accent.

So I suspect the font does not in fact cover precomposed diacritics, but there is a workaround that is just not applied consistently.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Dear all

I'm trying to buy Haleo and Julelan and am having problems. My bank and credit card are rejecting it stating it's not a secure website. I have opened a support ticket with them but it's going incredibly slow.

Anyone else had this problem? I use Citibank in Brazil.

Thanks all, hope someone can help shine a light. I tried talking straight to gumroad but couldn't find a "talk to us" page.

Thanks

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

Do you have a Paypal? As I mentioned above, changing the language can make Paypal available.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Also, as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself defending your inalienable right to make someone else feel like garbage, you're on the wrong side of the argument.
    Currently playing as Atalanta/Artemis in Arcran's Pocket Monsters Online! (OOC|IC)

15. - Top - End - #45

I don't get it...?

Bencelio: That girl. Just like her old man.
    Vaarcutio: An ephemeral mystically-bankrupt sasquatch?
    Bencelio: I was going to say, "greedy," but sure, that too.

I have never understood this exchange, Vaarcutio's line in particular. I hope it's a reference to the original play I've just forgotten? I read it in 9th grade, which was almost 20 years ago now, so, if I'm missing something it's probably here. But I have never understood this bit!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Colossus in the Playground

The point of the joke is that Vaarcutio uses bigger words and more of them for a negative description of Haleo and Ian Starshine than either Bencelio or Mercutio would. I don't think there's any more to it than that.

17. - Top - End - #47

All I have to say is the first time Haley saw Elan....I laughed for like, 20 minutes straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koo Rehtorb View Post
    "Insert God Name"'s + "Insert Offensive Body Part".
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTrevor View Post
    It is always ok to start in a tavern.
    as long as the tavern is ON FIRE.