New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: THEChanger's Curse of the Crimson Throne: Edge of Anarchy

Lady Selancourte

With an equal measure of humour, she made a little, slightly exaggerated curtsey at Carla's praise -
    Still, there were a few moments of silence after Carla's last question. "I agree. This is a horrible idea." she stated, almost solemnly. "I propose we knock them out here, and leave them here for the guard to find. That is, if we like what they are going to tell us." She took a few steps towards the thug that was still awake. "Now, is there anything you'd like to share?"
    Avatar made by lankybugger - Thanks a lot!

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

You all stare at the man in front of you. Well, the dwarf in front of you. His beard is scraggly, matted with dirt and bits of food. His eyes are sunken, and his skin yellow with age. As he chatters out his answer, you see a few teeth are missing.

"They said there'd be more food. Me friends and I, we were desperate. Thought we could nab a bite, then sneak off when nobody was looking. But there were these things. Beasts, might've been human once, I don't know. Broken bones jutting through skin, jaws popped out of their hinges. We got spooked, so we tried to run. But then the guards showed up, and then the Hellknights swarmed in. I. I don't know what he wanted from us. Maybe it was just that we ran."
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ettin in the Playground

Ardino raised an eyebrow at Carla's comment. "Well, my dear, I make it a general rule not to grab people like that with their permission. Tends to rub people the wrong way." A further smirk crosses his countenance as he adds "Of course, if you want me to grab you and rub you the right way, that can be arranged." He takes a breath before continuing, his face now far more professional.

"Now as for our friend here...", he then lashes out with a fist to the face, taking him out with a minimum of fuss. He then turns back to Carla. "You mentioned having some rope...?"
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Swift: Entering Pugilist's Stance
    Initiating Shards of Fluffy Strike, dealing NL damage.
    Attack (1d20+5)[24] (note that the Dwarf is flat-footed)
    Damage (1d3+5)[7] + (1d6)[5] he is then staggered unless he makes a DC 17 Fort check.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2018-01-27 at 05:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

Carla

What is it with that guy and remarks made at the wrong time, exactly? And I thought I had met some perverse guys.

Carla half-laughs, half-snorts "Easy there, boyo. There's just about two ways to rub someone in a dark alley, and I'm not the kind that goes for the second way. Also, our new friend here was about to tell us a very interesting story about some strange fellas they met.Isn't he?"
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

Ardino put a hand to his chest in mock surprise. "A dark alley? I am horrified you'd say such a thing. You'd have to at least buy me dinner first."

6. - Top - End - #756
    Troll in the Playground

It seemed like they were going with Vestis's plan - which wasn't a terrible plan given that they were indeed in a hurry.
    It was a little disappointing that Ardino knocked the man out before he could explain more about what he had seen though.

"Might as well knock the rest of them out the same way. They won't stay asleep for very long."

Gavin suggests, turning away from the bunch of comatose rabble to look in the direction of their destination.

"We've probably wasted enough time here. Thank you, everyone, for your help back there. Hopefully we can avoid any more Hellknights in the future."

Although from what the man had said about Hellknights swarming the place, Gavin doubted that would be true.
    They would have to be more careful going forward - other Hellknights might be less willing to talk first.
    And they didn't exactly blend in with their disguises - perhaps coming here like this had been a mistake after all.

On the other hand, the Hellknights still probably would have given them grief, and then they would know their faces.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2018-01-30 at 06:22 AM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm not that old and you're not that pretty that I should be buying you dinner and not the other way around. Or are you trying to tell me you're broke?

Anyway, don't worry about it. Hey, Gavin, you've been doing this longer, what are we supposed to be doing with this lot after we've got them napping? I don't think we have the time to drag them to a guardhouse or something, and leaving them here seems sloppy."
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2018-02-02 at 09:12 AM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Dirkust sighs. We leave them. They are only guilty of being hungry and desperate. Let them scuttle away to safety. We don't have any more time to discuss it. Dirkust trudged forward, determined to keep moving.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

9. - Top - End - #759
    Troll in the Playground

Gavin winced as Carla used his real name - hopefully she wouldn't do that in front of someone other than some unconscious beggars.

"I don't like the idea of just leaving them here, but our raven friend has the right of it. We can't absolutely determine their guilt or innocence in throwing their lot in with Lamm, and taking them with us will cost us time we don't have. From what that dwarf said, Lamm has planned a special welcome for the Field Marshall. It would be best if we were present for that."

Gavin turns to follow after Dirkust, but pauses as a thought occurs to him.
    Then with a sigh he goes over to the group of beggars, reaching into his cloak as he does so.
    Fortunately, his gear was still all where he left it despite the transformation, and after a moment his hand reappears, five gold coins tucked into his palm.
    Kneeling beside the men one at a time, he quickly slips a gold coin into each of their pockets, where they would hopefully find it after they awoke.

And without a word Gavin stood and followed after Dirkust, worry for what Kroft was walking into warring with his satisfaction that not only was saving those men the right thing to do, they now knew better *what* they themselves were walking into. Well, at least that more of Lamm's freaks of nature were waiting for them, anyway.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Ardino frowned slightly. He thought he and Carla were having a good back-and-forth banter, but apparently not. Rather than dwell on that though, he turned to see Gavin putting a gold in their pockets. He knows that Gavin meant well, but having grown up on the streets, he knew that that money would be gone within a day. Still, it wasn't his place to tell him that, and it was best to just move on.

11. - Top - End - #761

Lady Selancourte

"Don't do this." She had watched Gavin take a gold coin out of his pockets and move towards the sleeping rabble. "He lied. Trust me. He and his friends would have been amongst the first to plunder and pillage had there not been those creatures at the meeting." The dwarf wasn't exactly a convincing liar. "Save your charity for those who you know deserve it."

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

Gavin retracted his hand with the gold at Vestis's words as if a snake had popped out of the dwarf's filthy beard.

"Truly? You are sure?"

Gavin asked, looking at the golden-skinned woman, frustrated as his inability to see the noblewoman's face right now.
    But his tone was less a challenging one and more seeking confirmation, but confirmation wasn't necessary because Gavin could feel it in his heart.

Gavin felt his fury at the Hellknight's actions flare, but this time it was directed at this scum who he had endangered himself and the others for.
    The scum that had repaid his kindness with lies.
    The scum that would have betrayed his city and king if Lamm had given them the chance.
    Despite the crudeness of his actions, the Hellknight was right - there was only one punishment for treason.

In one smooth motion Gavin stabbed the tip of his rapier through the bottom of the dwarf's chin, and then leaned down on his rapier, shoving the weapon through the dwarf's mouth and into his brain.
    Stomping one boot down onto the now dead traitor's chest, Gavin rips his weapon free and flicks the blood and bits of gore off of his weapon.
    He looks around at the rest of the group as if daring them to say anything, and then storms off into the mist, leaving the other four traitors' fate up to the group.

"Now we can go. We've wasted enough time here."

Spoiler: Coup De Grace
    Show

If it matters:
    Damage: (2d6+8)[15]
    Dwarf must make a Fort Save DC 25 (10 + Damage above) or Die.
    Assuming the damage doesn't straight out kill him.
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2018-02-03 at 12:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

"Whoa, whoa, whoa" Ardino said upon seeing Gavin draw his saber. He tried to grab Gavin's wrist to pull it away, but was too late. "What the hell? I thought you were going to help him, not eviscerate him! Who died and made you executioner? You acted on what is at best hearsay evidence about something they might have done. How is this justice?"

Spoiler: Oh well.
    Show
    Disarm attempt (1d20+5)[10]
    Last edited by digiman619; 2018-02-03 at 03:46 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

As Gavin drew his rapier, Dirkust mind exploded. He didn't fully process what he was seeing but his mind was moving far ahead of his body. Through the mental network, a massive burst of psionic static emanated from the psionicist and his eyes glowed a luminescent violet. As Gavin lined up his blade, the static hit him and through the connection assaulted his mind and sent spasms through his body. His movements instantly slowed, becoming sluggish and laborious as his muscles screamed at him and his legs gave way. A half-moment later, Dirkust body caught up with his mind as he shouted Gavin stop! His voice was louder than normal, and almost had an echoing quality to it as if he had more than one voice.

Is that what you are? Dirkust stormed over to where Gavin was spasming on the ground, interposing himself between Gavin and the dwarf. One man lies to you and he deserves death?
    One man frustrated that society has spat on was lured into Lamm's madness because he heard everything he wanted to hear?
    As Dirkust spat his vitriol, droplets of blood beaded on the tip of his masked beak before splattering on the ground. You-YOU-risked your own life to save these people from the damned Hellknight. Did you do it just so you could finish them off? How much of your stupid spiel was fake Gavin? Do we need to start looking over our shoulder's for the Mad-Murderer Gavin?

Spoiler
    Show
    Overchannel to get to PL 3, using Collapse, Augmented to 3.
    Manifested over the Collective which means Gavin receives no saving throw, being knocked Prone and Staggered for 3 rounds.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

15. - Top - End - #765
    Troll in the Playground

His mind exploding in pain, Gavin collapses to his knees, the tip of his rapier plowing into the dirt beside the filthy dwarf's head instead of through it.
    For a moment he simply stays down, blinking his eyes behind his mask to clear the pain.
    Then he attempts to stand on shaking legs, digging the rapier deeper into the ground to use as a support to help him stand.

When he gets back up to his feet, he finds Ardino there, one hand gripping him by the shoulder, in a clear warning against trying to injure the dwarf again.
    He listens to Dirkust's rant in silence, slowly growing more and more tense like a spring.
    When Dirkust has finally said his peace, Gavin gives a sharp bark of a laugh.

"I find it funny that you of all people, Dirkust, who stayed hidden from the Hellknight, who did nothing to help dissuade the Hellknight, and whose first words after the Hellknight left were to demand what I thought I was doing, now think that you get a say in what happens to these degenerates. But you want to know what I was doing, Dirkust? I'll tell you - I saw a Hellknight taking the law into his own hands and murdering a group of people I knew nothing about. And I thought maybe these were just unlucky bastards whose only crime was to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. But I was wrong. These men are traitors who threw their lot in with a monster who just wants this city to burn - and the punishment for treason is Death. And a damn sight less pleasant of a death than a slit throat while asleep."

The words were pouring out of his mouth again, like the bile he had hurled at Kroft last night. He had thought he was perhaps past that now, but that had been naive - the repressed rage of the past five years was not so easily banished. The discovery of Verik's betrayal had brought it all back seething under the surface.

"But we're in a hurry, and I still wanted to believe that these men weren't really traitors, they were just poor fools taken in by Lamm's lies. No. I was wrong again Dirkust - they had the gall to lie to my face after I *saved* their miserable lives. After I put all of us at risk for them! Which makes me wonder what else they're lying about, what other crimes they've done in the name of Survival - who they murdered, who they sold! I'm sick of people lying to my face while they go do whatever horrid thing they want!"

Gavin turns his anger on Ardino now.

"You want to know who appointed me executioner, Ardino? Me. Just like we all did when we came together for the sole purpose of putting Gaedren Lamm in the ground! There's no justice here, stop kidding yourself! We're vigilantes out for blood, and you better make peace with that because Gaedren Lamm is a blight, poisoning everything he touches. And just like a blight, the only cure is to cut away everything that's come into contact with it and burn it. That's not Justice, but it is what is necessary. You want to spare these men because they might not have done anything yet? I wanted to put them down to make sure that they didn't do anything else! But fine, you want them to live, so be it - any blood that they spill in the future is on your hands now! And speaking of hands, Ardino, this is the second time today you've chosen to put your hands on me. Do it again and we're going to have a conversation. Now let go of me!"

Gavin takes a minute to extract his rapier from the earth, panting both from the exertion and the lingering effects of Dirkust's magic. When he finally manages to wrench the weapon free, he gives the two of them one last glare through the laughing mask.

"You have nothing to fear from me, unless when we find Gaedren Lamm you get in my way again. You try to stop me from doing what needs to be done there, and I swear to the gods, I will kill you."

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

Ardino decidedly doesn't let Gavin go and instead drags him to the nearest wall and slams him against it. "Listen to yourself. How can you of all people be saying such a thing? You're one of the most honorable people I've ever met. Even when they robbed you of your badge and threw you in Longacre, you kept your integrity. You speechified the Grand Marshal about how much you hated her, and *still* jumped at the opportunity to defend the city under her employ.

And now look at you. so mad that you want to eviscerate anyone who might, one day in the future, commit a crime. Killing random citizenry isn't going to save this city. The only way to do that is to take out key figures of corruption and give the populous reason to believe again. Because you can't have freedom without the concession of the people. You can have order, but order without freedom is just slavery, and no one wants to be a slave.

I said it once in passing, but I knew you back in the day. Back when you were a beat cop and I was under Lamm's employ, you were one of the good ones. You were one of the ones that wore the badge to do good, not as a way to boost themselves up and abuse their power."

Ardino's voice gets a bit huskier ass he continues. "My first love, Simza, was also a kid under Lamm. She was funny and cute and a joy to be around, but she had a core of iron and was determined to do the right thing. She got caught trying to rat out Lamm and he killed her. He almost killed me, too, but I eventually recovered, though I had a lovely reminder of the occasion." He goes to stroke the normally prominent facial scar, forgetting the fact that his transformed state doesn't have one. "As I did though, part of me always wondered who tipped off Lamm. For a moment, I thought it might have been you, as she trusted your integrity, but I quickly dismissed it, as there was no way you could have done such a thing.

But now, I'm not so sure. Are you sure that the chain broke and you're still you under there? Because this display has me worrying otherwise. Don't let this mask cover the good man you are underneath."

And with that, he lets him go.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2018-02-05 at 09:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Titan in the Playground

Dirkust breathing slowed as Gavin ranted back and slowly the realization of what he did dawned on him. His face was a shock of terror and guilt, even if his mask obscured it. He felt sick to his stomach and almost let Gavin's retort go unanswered. Your right. Whatever these men might do in the future would be on my head. And anything they could have done would be on yours, if I didn't stop you. You can talk all you want about what might happen, but so can I.
    They could have ran straight to the guards and told them everything they knew. They could have grabbed arms and joined the growing number of people who want Lamm dead. They could have taken to the cloth and became Serenae's most faithful converts. Or they could have ran home and holed themselves up waiting for everything to blow over and go back to their sad lives barely able to afford food. But you don't get to decide if they can do that. You aren't the judge, you aren't an executioner. If you were, you are no better than that Hellknight.
    He stops and balls his hands for a few seconds before continuing.

We will kill Lamm. Not because we are executioner's but because he has escaped the axe far too many times. His crimes are numerous and well known. We only act because he's managed to escape far too many times. We work outside the Law because the Law has failed. I won't lie. I don't like it. I wish there was another way. I wish we could turn Lamm into an outstanding citizen. But we both know that isn't possible. He must die but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
    Dirkust offered his hand to Gavin. Your better than this. We are better than this. I'm sorry.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #768

Lady Selancourte

Of course, she had confirmed her words upon Gavin's enquiry - what had followed though, had been wholly unexpected.

She had watched in silence as the former guardsman had walked over to the dwarf and drawn his rapier; something had urged her to avert her gaze, even as Dirkust screamed, Ardino voiced his disbelief and she heard Gavin fall to the floor like a wet sack.

The discussion continued with Gavin retorting, and the others as well, with her remaining silent, standing perfectly still until the end.
    When she finally turned back towards the others, her appearance had changed - the playful, jovial mien of comedy had disappeared, only to be replaced with the grave, mournful mien of tragedy.

"With vengeance, do as with charity." she said, with pronounced clarity - her voice had changed again, it was still pleasant, but it seemed as if it was the voice of another woman. Sorrowful, if a bit detached, but with obvious determination; yet it had a strange, subtle flavour of mocking irony, almost as if there was a second voice, barely concealed.

She came closer to Gavin, with measured steps. ""If not -" Gently, she touched his shoulder. "Once you were done, how many would be left, here in Korvosa? How much of you?" There were no good people.

Slowly, she let go of his shoulder.

"We should depart. We are already too late. If दास and Acele were there, they are likely long gone, and the fighting is likely all but over." Maralictor Vulso, at the very least, had seen fit to chase down a random group of rabble - a choice he would only have made if he saw the situation all but under control.

"Incidentally, I'd rather we stopped using these old names. We have been granted a new appearance each, and it would be prudent to make use of that, instead of squandering an advantage."

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

A slight trickle of blood snaked its way from the dwarf's chin down his neck - Gavin's rapier having broken skin before psionic power knocked him back. The cold of the night only grows sharper as the group proceeds towards the Dead Warrens, the mists growing thicker, the sky growing darker. What will become of the five remaining vagabonds, perhaps you will never know, as they disappear in the dark behind you.

As you cross over a small hill, you can see below you a scene of chaos wrapping up. No less than four corpses of the strange, broken creatures produced by the Shudder lie around the mausoleum, in addition to a greater number wearing the armor of guardsmen. A full twenty five guards remain, securing a number of violent looking individuals, likely the remaining attendees of Lamm's rally. The newly made prisoners are being piled into horse-drawn carriages. Past the mausoleum, a group of heavily armored individuals stand, just watching. You would guess them to be Hellknights by the peculiar design of their armor, though you do not see the Maralictor among them.

Once, the mausoleum would have been imposing in its opulence. The years and elements have not been kind to it - rust covers the sconces which once held torches, vines crawl around and crack through its pillars, and the statuary surrounding it has been broken and defaced. The double iron doors providing entrance to the Dead Warrens once bore some manner of mosaic, now indecipherable. In front of the doors stand two armored figures, obviously in the midst of an argument. Through the mists, the Field Marshall's voice reaches your ears, as does the voice of the man she is arguing with.

"-regardless of what authority you think you've been given, Lictor DiViri, the Order of the Nail has no jurisdiction within the walls of the Gray Quarter, and certainly does not have the authority to overrule an edict by Bishop Keppira d'Bear! I will not permit you entrance without the express permission of a member of the Pharasman clergy."

"And so you propose we simply allow those vermin to escape into the mausoleum, Field Marshall? Because of the petty orders of a defunct and useless faith? I do not see Bishop d'Bear here, risking her life."

"There is nowhere for them to escape to. They are trapped. So we will wait for them to give themselves up, or for a member of the clergy to give their blessing, and not go traipsing around in and disturbing an ancient and holy tomb because we have less patience than a two year old goblin."
    No news is good news.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

Ardino turned to his compatriots. "Okay, I think I have a plan. We send-" He pauses for a moment, "Did we ever decide what to call you like this?" he says, gesturing to Vestis. Rather than risk outing her in case someone was listening, he continues with a more nondescript term. "We send The Actress down there under the guise of a Pharasman priestess. Once she has them paying attention to her, she uses her skills to fascinate the guards, thereby giving us time to slip in undetected. As soon as we're in, you drop one of these" he says, handing her a trio of smoke pellets "and join us inside.

Anyone have anything to add or another idea?"
    Last edited by digiman619; 2018-02-07 at 12:50 AM.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Carla

The half-elf watches Gavin´s outburst with mute fascination behind her mask. There is something wrong with this fellow, she thinks. Normally, she would not mind someone getting a comeuppance lying, but by all the gods, how does a man who risks his life and that of his companions to prevent a few sods from getting butchered switch to trying to kill them himself when he thinks they lied to him?.

"Dammit, man. Let us not go that way. We came together for one specific person, not to kill every stupid **** in Korvosa who ends up on the wrong side. If we go that way, we better put half of Korvosa to the torch, with ourselves on the pyre in the end. I am all for vengeance, but let´s keep it where it belongs."

It was strange, she thinks, how Vestis´ charade ended up looking true - he does sound a bit like the hellknight, or at least someone who wanted to be one. The whole thing about having to kill people so they don´t break the law further - that was the kind of argument she´d probably hear from them.

"Makes me wonder, will we end up having a team of masked avengers after our own heads one day. That´d be quite the turnabout, wouldn´t it?"

As they approach the mausoleum and observe the scene, she takes a good, long look at the lictor. "I was thinking switching back to "guard uniform" and backing the Marshall up, then we can claim to have been sent to investigate this. It would be nice to have a priest of Pharasma, but I´d rather it be an actual one. I´m not for trying to pull a fast one on a lictor unless we have to.

Spoiler
    Show
    How far are we from the temple and how quickly can someone get there and back?

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

Theme Music (It seemed appropriate mood music for the moment. )

Something that Ardino says triggers a memory of what he saw in his Shudder-induced dream.

“There is a seed of darkness in all life. And it consumes until naught else but the hunger remains.”

Gavin said, paraphrasing what that horrid voice had promised. He clenches his rapier in a white-knuckled grip at the memory, but slowly nods his head as he called to mind what followed.

“But there is also hope. Dreams. To extinguish that darkness by ending life is to extinguish that hope as well. I forgot that in my rage at what Lamm has unleashed in Korvosa. Thank you for reminding me.”

Gavin said, reaching his free hand up to grasp Ardino by his own shoulder. He then switched his grip over to Dirkust’s shoulder.

“You did the right thing. I’m glad to know that if I lose my way, I have you two to drag me kicking and screaming back.”

Gavin was shocked when Vestis joined Ardino and Dirkust, particularly given her prior air of indifference to the Hellknight’s actions. Then again, she had been the first to come to his aid as well – perhaps there had been more to that than just self-interest in preserving an ally from certain death. He wasn’t sure what to say in reply to her admonishment to display moderation in vengeance as well as in charity, so he simply nodded, grateful that she suggested a change of conversation towards getting to Kroft.

Carla’s words stung into his back as he moved off into the mists again. It did seem as if things were coming full circle. Perhaps there was no difference between him and Vulso – no, that was not true. Vulso had been alone. Gavin was surrounded not just by like-minded allies . . . but perhaps friends as well.

It was with considerable relief that Gavin discovered Kroft was in fact alright, and whatever ambush Lamm had planned for the guards had failed. Seeing that the ambush was not without cost in lives made Gavin’s blood start to boil again. He really needed to find an acceptable target to vent some of this fury upon, but the only target available seemed to be behind thick stone walls with two of the most skilled warriors in Korvosa standing guard right in front of the door.

“Are you mad, my friend?”

Gavin asked, looking at Ardino.

“That’s the Field Marshall of Korvosa and the head of the Order of the Nail standing there. I’m rather confident that they would quickly see through any duplicity. And even if, somehow, Milady was successful, how do you expect that to end? She says yes, they can enter, and we have over two dozen guards and Hellknights charging into the place in front of us. She says no, they can’t enter, and they will continue to lay siege to the place, preventing us from getting inside all the same.”

Gavin shakes his head and extends a dismissive hand towards the tomb.

“Not that I think they’re still cowering inside – Lamm planned for this. They have an escape route ready within the tomb, or they will have made one shortly, while the city’s own laws buy them time. Where they could be escaping too, I don’t know – I’m not so familiar with the underworld beneath the Grey District.”

Gavin said with a frown, trying to puzzle out where they could have gone.

“We need to discover another way into the catacombs beneath – likely via another nearby tomb. Perhaps we should quietly circle around this area and see what other tombs are unguarded that we could break into – or have anyone breaking out of in order to slip off into the night.”

23. - Top - End - #773

Lady Selancourte

"I agree. It is our best option." she spoke, pondering. There probably weren't too many gold-skinned Pharasman priestesses wearing striking red ballgowns wandering the Dead Warrens. "There are many interconnecting tunnels beneath the Gray Quarter. If they wanted to flee, they will probably have done so already. But maybe we're in luck, and there is still something worthwhile down there."

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

As the party stands atop the hill, pondering their next course of action, Dirkust feels a shifting in his pack. There is a small tickle in the back of his brain as the spirit of Zellara begins communicating through their psychic link. Curiosity, urgency, a strong positive feeling towards searching for an underground passageway. An offer to search for a tunnel herself.

Below, the Field Marshall and the Lictor remain in stubborn argument. It seems they might be there for awhile, if nothing changes.
    No news is good news.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Titan in the Playground

Dirkust nearly jumped as Zellara touched his mind. He shifted through his cloak till he found her deck, pulling it out and drawing a card. Go ahead Zellara. We appreciate the help. as the ghostly image of the woman materialized.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

The cards float out of the box, swirling in the air around Dirkust. You all can briefly see the shape of Zellara's spirit before she disappears beneath the dirt path.

Several minutes pass, and you can see, shimmering into view from empty air, a line of Harrow cards upon the ground. They lead to a nearby tomb, a squat, unassuming thing jutting lopsided from the earth. The door is choked with vines, but looks to be easy enough to open.
    No news is good news.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

Ardino heads down the path of cards and starts to rip open the vine covered vault door. Once he's cleared enough to offer a way in, he gestures dramatically towards it. "Ladies, fellows. Let's get this started, shall we?" He then heads in, waiting for his compatriots to join him.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Gavin smiles beneath his mask, hurrying over to join Ardino at the tomb's entrance.

"Thank you, Zellara. Anyone got a light? I don't know about you, but seeing in the pitch dark tomb may be problematic."

(OOC: Gavin would be fine if someone were to cast Light on his rapier. Although that may result in the group's light source ending up in someone's chest.).

29. - Top - End - #779
    Titan in the Playground

Dirkust smiles brightly as their ghostly benefactor lead the way. Don't look at me. I don't have any torches.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

The tomb you find is both musty and dusty, whoever its occupant was having been long ago forgotten. A stone sarcophagus sits in the center of the room, the lid having been thrown to one side and cracked in half. The left wall has been tunneled through - a small, rough hewn thing, just big enough for you to move through crouching. You can barely see with the faint light of the moon and stars, but you assume this tunnel is what Zellara wished you to find.
    No news is good news.