New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Ancient Worlds IC

Kazui eyes the atlanteans fiercely. This whole debacle displeased her. Lord knew she was uptight and emotional enough about the betray or the God(s/esses) the things outside the area screamed evil but the Prince and his men were major threats. For the moment she would trust in the men outside to take them down (or at least start the process) and protect the druids. But going for them with the prince here sabotaging all efforts would not be wise. Kazui tensed as the lightning struck her. She had managed to dodge the brunt of it but she still felt it. She could feel the pain, no doubt she had some electrical burns across her body, but she’d had far worse.

She digs deep and moved with alarming speed (movement as a swift action, see OoC) towards the atlantean prince. Dusk and Dawn, her blades, glint softly in the light as she streaks downward, blades at the ready. As soon as her feet touch ground beside the Prince her wings are already folding and her blades get to work. In the time it takes for a normal person to run and attack her blades dance through the air in 6 total attacks. A low, feline growl escapes her mouth as her all out offensive proceeds. Perhaps no one expected the cleric to be capable of such a feral thing. Certainly if her blades were claws she’d look like a mountain lion mailing someone.

Spoiler: Attack and damage rolls
    Show

Main Hand
    (1d20+21)[22]
    Attack 1
    (1d4+9)[10] (1d4+dex+(+1))
    (1d6)[2] Fire
    (1d6)[6] Sonic
    (1d6)[4] Acid
    (2d6)[9] if evil
    & 1 constitution damage

(1d20+16)[36]
    Attack 2
    (1d4+9)[12] (1d4+dex+(+1))
    (1d6)[1] Fire
    (1d6)[1] Sonic
    (1d6)[5] Acid
    (2d6)[4] if evil
    & 1 constitution damage

(1d20+11)[19]
    Attack 3
    (1d4+9)[13] (1d4+dex+(+1))
    (1d6)[3] Fire
    (1d6)[4] Sonic
    (1d6)[4] Acid
    (2d6)[7] if evil
    & 1 constitution damage

Off Hand
    (1d20+21)[27]
    Attack 1
    (1d4+9)[10] (1d4+dex+(+1))
    (1d6)[3] Ice
    (1d6)[5] Sonic
    (1d6)[5] Acid
    (2d6)[7] if evil
    & 1 constitution damage

(1d20+16)[20]
    Attack 2
    (1d4+9)[12] (1d4+dex+(+1))
    (1d6)[5] Ice
    (1d6)[2] Sonic
    (1d6)[6] Acid
    (2d6)[7] if evil
    & 1 constitution damage

(1d20+11)[19]
    Attack 3
    (1d4+9)[13] (1d4+dex+(+1))
    (1d6)[4] Ice
    (1d6)[3] Sonic
    (1d6)[4] Acid
    (2d6)[8] if evil
    & 1 constitution damage

Remember, Dusk & Dawn’s (the kukri) have a critical threat range of 15-20/x2 (the norm is 18-20 but they are keen) her dex mod is 8 and they are +1 weapons, if you don’t understand the explanation next to the weapon damage. They are holy hence the +2d6 if evil, and the acid and sonic come from combined crystals. I doubt they are undead so I didn’t include the 1d6 against undead, and as a note, they have ghost touch, though I doubt it will come up. But if he goes ethereal as an immediate or something it could be an issue.

In addition I have perfect two weapon fighting, hence all attacks are at -2 (already accounted for) and I can make as many off hand attacks as main hand attacks. Yes her bio has 4 attacks, I just realised epic bab bonuses don't hard extra attacks last week hence why I have 3 per hand above but 4 in her mythweaver’s sheet.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Kazui
    Total HP: 216
    Current HP: 216−22=194
    AC: 39
    Touch AC: 29
    Flat Footed AC: 31
    Fort Save: 19
    Reflex Save: 25
    Will Save: 25
    Melee: +23/+18/+13
    Ranged: +28/+23/+18
    DR5/Magic
    Immunity: Cold
    Travel Devotion: 9/10 rounds remaining.

Current Stance: I didn’t specify at the first post or after so I assume none. If my character is assumed to be, Hunter’s Sense. (Her default stance in general)

I used the following to take a movement as a swift action. Since she is above them in the air and moving downward while flying is double speed, and perfect maneuverability allows for any angle, 120ft should be more than enough to get to him. Surely the Prince wasn’t more than 60 feet from them at the start

Last edited by Mai; 2017-04-12 at 01:22 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

As the electricity leaps from person to person, Adam does his best to dart away from the arcs. Only a little worse for the wear, he again points a finger at the treacherous prince. "Byt slabym!" he shouts, and a crackling black bolt flies from his hand. As it fills the area with the scent of rot and age, the archdruid continues to move away from the attacking party.

Spoiler: OoC:
    Show
    Actions:
    Standard action to cast ray of entropy, targeting Prince Oceanus.

Touch Attack:
    (1d20+17)[36]

If the ray lands then the prince takes a -4 penalty to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution for 22 minutes (no save).

Move action to continue moving up and away from the enemy group, ~20ft.

Spoiler: Stat Blocks
    Show
    Adam Canavar
    Male Neutral Good Human Druid 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 4/Arcane Heirophant 14, Level 24, Init +11, HP 210/232, Speed 40ft
    AC 28 (+6 Armor, +2 Dex, +5 Deflect, +5 Natural), Touch 17, Flat-footed 26, Fort 22, Ref 16, Will 29, Base Attack Bonus +15/+10/+5
    +1 Warning / +1 Runestaff of the Architect +18/+13/+8 (1d6+3/1d6+2, 20/x2)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 28, Wis 28, Cha 18
    Condition Endure Elements (24 hours), Mass Snowshoes (21 hours), Superior Resistance (24 hours), Greater Mage Armor (21 hours), Mind Blank (24 hours), Moment of Prescience (21 hours)

His runestaff of the architect allows Adam to cast any of the following spells (each three times per day) by expending a prepared arcane spell of the same level or higher.

Move Earth (6th) 0/3
    Stone Shape (4th) 0/3
    Wall of Stone(5th) 0/3
    Wood Shape (2nd) 0/3

Kapmek
    Male True Neutral Dire Bear Animal Companion 9/Familiar 17, Level 18, Init +6, HP 273/273, Speed 50ft
    AC 43 (+6 Armor, +6 Dex, -1 Size, +22 Natural), Touch 15, Flat-footed 37, Fort 24, Ref 23, Will 17, Base Attack Bonus +12/+7/+2
    +5 Claws +32 (2d6+20, 20/x2)
    +5 Bite +29 (3d8+12, 20/x2)
    Abilities Str 40, Dex 22, Con 25, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 10
    Condition Endure Elements (24 hours), Mass Snowshoes (21 hours), Superior Resistance (24 hours), Greater Mage Armor (21 hours), Mind Blank (24 hours), Moment of Prescience (21 hours)
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Violence breaks out in the ancient circle as the various sides battle and the greatest heroes of the land swoop into action. Mai and Azon both using their speed to engage the Prince , Azon scoring a devastating blow that crackles with lightning over his scales. A beam of sickly grey hits him weakening him further.

With the two guards Leofric hews, chops and hacks at the nearest one striking him 3 times with horrific force but the tough trident wielding bodyguard does not fall though he looks near death. Both guards thrust again at Leofric, both attempting to release great waves of healing energy, one for himself, one for his prince.

Spoiler: Guards
    Show

Strike Righteous vitality w/smite (1d20+35)[49] (+4 if can be flanked) dam (1d6+29)[34]
    heal Prince 150

Strike Righteous vitality w/smite (1d20+30)[44] (+4 if can be flanked) dam (1d6+24)[25]
    heal guard 1 150

The Prince looks around, azure eyes gleaming as he is surrounded by May and Azon. Magic crackles around him. His trident gleams taking in a shimmering brilliant blue as he lashes out let and right striking at both assailants with devastating bows that crackle and flare with energy.

Spoiler: Prince
    Show

Swift: quicken brilliant blade (5 turn undeads)
    Full attack! (Ignoring Nat AC, Armour and shield)
    Azon (1d20+42)[56] dam (2d6+25)[30] plus (3d6)[11] lightning
    Mai (1d20+42)[45] dam (2d6+25)[34] plus (3d6)[12] lightning
    Azon (1d20+37)[56] dam (2d6+25)[30] plus (3d6)[11] lightning
    Mai (1d20+32)[43] dam (2d6+25)[34] plus (3d6)[11] lightning
    Azon (1d20+26)[42] dam (2d6+25)[31] plus (3d6)[11] lightning

By the stones violence, the clash of steel and flare of fire and lightning marks te troops of men fighting as screaming and flashes of magic flare and begin. Merlin vanishes into the towering cloud of storms and thunder taking Boudica with him despite her screams of protest. The fat dwarf takes one look at the chaos and winks at you all before dimension dooring you suspect to his troops that have a ring around a tent and are pressed but fighting well. The young Spartan Prince turns in horror as one of the wickermen kicks a henge at him and steps into the northern edge of the ring. The other 3 divine infused wickermem wading through Celts and other mere mortals killing a half dozen with each strike of their massive fists.
    Last edited by DrK; 2017-04-24 at 12:27 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Now where is that damned bear?

At Pleistarchus' scream, Adam moves his attention from the Atlantean party to the wickermen. He decides that his more physically inclined allies will have to handle the traitors on their own. The archdruid concentrates on his most powerful spell yet, chanting "Tumawag malaking hayop sa sunog!"

Spoiler: OoC:
    Show
    Actions:
    Full round to cast summon elemental monolith, summoning a fire monolith behind the nearest wickerman, inside the circle.

I'll roll a preemptive Concentration check just in case Adam takes damage before finishing the spell.

Concentration:
    (1d20+35)[42]

Spoiler: Stat Blocks
    Show
    Adam Canavar
    Male Neutral Good Human Druid 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 4/Arcane Heirophant 14, Level 24, Init +11, HP 210/232, Speed 40ft
    AC 28 (+6 Armor, +2 Dex, +5 Deflect, +5 Natural), Touch 17, Flat-footed 26, Fort 22, Ref 16, Will 29, Base Attack Bonus +15/+10/+5
    +1 Warning / +1 Runestaff of the Architect +18/+13/+8 (1d6+3/1d6+2, 20/x2)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 28, Wis 28, Cha 18

His runestaff of the architect allows Adam to cast any of the following spells (each three times per day) by expending a prepared arcane spell of the same level or higher.

Move Earth (6th) 0/3
    Stone Shape (4th) 0/3
    Wall of Stone(5th) 0/3
    Wood Shape (2nd) 0/3

Kapmek
    Male True Neutral Dire Bear Animal Companion 9/Familiar 17, Level 18, Init +6, HP 273/273, Speed 50ft
    AC 43 (+6 Armor, +6 Dex, -1 Size, +22 Natural), Touch 15, Flat-footed 37, Fort 24, Ref 23, Will 17, Base Attack Bonus +12
    +5 Claws +32 (2d6+20, 20/x2)
    +5 Bite +29 (3d8+12, 20/x2)
    Abilities Str 40, Dex 22, Con 25, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 10

Fire Monolith
    True Neutral Elemental Monolith (Fire), Level 36, Init +13, HP 378/378, DR 15/- Speed 60ft
    AC 29 (+9 Dex, -4 Size, +14 Natural), Touch 15, Flat-footed 20, Fort 20, Ref 29, Will 16, Base Attack Bonus +27
    2 Slams +35 (6d6+11 plus 4d6 Fire, 19-20/x2)
    Abilities Str 32, Dex 29, Con 22, Int 12, Wis 15, Cha 17
    Condition Darkvision 60ft, elemental traits, immunity to fire, vulnerability to cold

Burn (Ex) A fire monolith's slam attack deals bludgeoning damage plus fire damage because of the creature's flaming body. Anyone hit by a fire monolith's slam attack must succeed on a DC 34 Reflex save or catch on fire. The flame burns for 1d4 rounds. Unless it is still in contact with the fire monolith, a burning creature can take a move action to put out the flames. The save DC is Constitution-based. Creatures that hit a fire monolith with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage as though hit by the monolith's attack, and also catch on fire unless they succeed on a DC 34 Reflex save.
    Last edited by Lyndworm; 2017-04-25 at 03:40 AM.
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Kazui, having assumed the druids and their guards could stand is dismayed by the casualties. A harsh choice lies here. She could abandon this fight with the Prince and help them, or press on. Clearly the noble warriors here will not rest until I their blades are sheathed in the prince's blood. Her outrage, at the cost of life from this display is only heightened. She must save as many as she can. As the Prince moves to attack a strange command comes from her mouth and her form grows partially hazy. It’s clear she is stuck between paths. Her jaw sets in a grim expression, visibly torn, and then she’s off, much to her own distaste, she imagines he’s probably rapidly breaking into a smirk, though she can’t see too clearly. She can’t let those things rip apart countless people. It’s visibly painful for her but she pulls back, taking a blow from his spear, which leaves her wounded and with electric burns. Despite knowing her duty is to save as many lives as she can, which means taking on the evil wicker men who are massacring people, she doesn’t leave Azon and Leofric unaided. She issues words and movements, issuing a healing spell upon them and other nearby allies, as many as she can.

Spoiler: Mass Cure Serious Wounds Roll
    Show

[roll0]

Spontaneous cast cure spell, sacrificing a 7th spell slot, she loses her slot for greater scrying. (7th level slot)

This can hit 20 allies no more than 30 feet from one to another. That's Kazui, Azon, and Leofric, as well as any random (most important first) npc’s in that range you feel are hurt I guess. I don’t think the druid/wizard is in that range? I hope so but I’m not sure what exactly 30 feet from one another means, if it was a 30ft radius they’d have just said that, so I’m assuming it’s like chain lightning, just… healing.

Kazui takes flight, going 60 feet towards any one causing the most trouble at an angle into the air. Her duty calls her to save lives, even if she’d rather be stopping the one who brought this about. She couldn’t expect the druids to defend themselves and keep what was left of the purple clouds intact at the same time. She became a cleric for a reason, and that wasn’t vengeance. Still, the idea of the Prince, seeing her forced to leave her assault on him, pained her. But hopefully the others would get their due in his blood. What rankles worse still was Claudius, retreating. It was expected of him, and he knew that, for he winked. And it made Kazui all the more suspect. She’d question rather he was really the disgusting person he seemed or not later, if she survived. For now she had to put it from her mind, and try to stop the wickermen.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Kazui
    Total HP: 216
    Current HP: 194-45=149 (+above roll result)
    AC: 39
    Touch AC: 29
    Flat Footed AC: 31
    Fort Save: 19
    Reflex Save: 25
    Will Save: 25
    Melee: +23/+18/+13
    Ranged: +28/+23/+18
    DR5/Magic
    Immunity: Cold
    Travel Devotion: 8/10 rounds remaining.
    Blurring: 59/60 rounds remaining.

(Yay perfect maneuverability) (roughly a 45° angle? Just for a good round number, that would put her 30ft in the air and 39ft closer to one of the evil things out there murdering people. Note: not towards the same one that is about to be mailed by an elemental.

As for blurring, it lasts 10 minutes, or 60 rounds. (And can be reactivated any time.) which I guess is so that you can have it be essentially constant but look normal and non blurry while in town and such.

So I hate to, as this seems like a boss battle-type thing. But, this is an rpg and if I won’t play the role there is little point in being in a game. :3 no one wants to leave the biggest baddy to take on the minions, but, Kazui must save lives. :)

If you saw me post this a moment ago sorry for the delete repost. Aparently previewing something with a roll code in it means rolls can be made when you click "submit" dang it, why?

Edit: ohh that's why, previewing turns all codes into [roll0] even if they hadn't been rolled yet, gah! Sorry! I didn't know these things. :(

I don't want to keep doing this crap over things like that, would the next person roll a 3d8+20 for me? So I don't have to repost. Thankfully that's my only roll, as blurring was rolled in the OoC topic, (in which a similar issue happened, I posted and forgot to roll and so had to repost I understand and am glad that rolls are permanent, not that I'd want to cheat (it ruins all fun) but the side effects. At least now I know never to hit preview, and will need to not be so scatterbrained as to forget to roll.
    Last edited by Mai; 2017-04-28 at 09:40 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Leofric gets his twice, but barely acknowledges the hits, they minor, inconsequential to him.

His eyes focused focused, and his mad frothy anger seemed to quell, and then, he unleashed it in a torrent of blows and attacks, his fearful mien bubbling out.

Spoiler
    Show

Both attacks hit

Rage & Frenzy
    Full attack adjacent target, if one is dropped, I have Mighty/supreme cleave, if second is dropped, 5ft step towards the prince.
    -5 to PA

Terrifying Rage: Will save vs Intimidate - (1d20+27)[36] or become panicked (if it has HD less than your character level) or shaken (if it has HD equal to or up to twice your character level) for (4d6)[22] rounds.

Attack 1 - (1d20+39)[41]
    Damage - (1d12+57)[65]

Attack 2 - (1d20+39)[57]
    Damage - (1d12+57)[61]

Attack 3 - (1d20+34)[49]
    Damage - (1d12+57)[58]

Attack 4 - (1d20+29)[47]
    Damage - (1d12+57)[62]

Attack 5 - (1d20+24)[30]
    Damage - (1d12+57)[58]

Spoiler: Free cleave attacks if applicable
    Show

Attack 1 - (1d20+39)[45]
    Damage - (1d12+57)[61]

Attack 1 - (1d20+39)[59]
    Damage - (1d12+57)[66]

Leofric
    AC: 37
    Touch: 17
    FF: 29
    HP's: 435/426
    Non-lethal damage: 4
    Effects: Rage (13/14), Frenzy (11/12), Ironward diamond (40/50)
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!