New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: GrrlPower III: Crisis Of Infinite Filler Comics

Honestly, I would've figured Wyrmil would be on-board with snitching. Yeah, okay, Coot's getting tricked into it, and he shares Coot's body, but look at this plotline from Wyrmil's perspective: Sciona used his body to bypass the shield and deliberately activated a trap on her way out, abandoning the rest of them; between those two threats to Wyrmil, he ended up in a state where survival meant merging with Coot in some fashion. It's not been a great day, is my point, and a lot of those problems can be traced back to Sciona.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

Being recaptured might be preferable to spending another minute sharing Cooter's mind/body.
    Sometimes you need to take your big monster pants on.. Cooter is honestly not that bad. He is slightly overweight yes, but the majority of is muscle. His mind also mainly seems to be empty and boring. Focused on some rather simple desires. Sharing it should be like being forced to sleep in a sturdy log cabin. Boring but better than nothing.

Honestly, I would've figured Wyrmil would be on-board with snitching. Yeah, okay, Coot's getting tricked into it, and he shares Coot's body, but look at this plotline from Wyrmil's perspective: Sciona used his body to bypass the shield and deliberately activated a trap on her way out, abandoning the rest of them; between those two threats to Wyrmil, he ended up in a state where survival meant merging with Coot in some fashion. It's not been a great day, is my point, and a lot of those problems can be traced back to Sciona.
    It was my main point. Wyrmil's loyalty should be negative at this point.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Plot Twist!

This is all a part of a series of contingency plans set out by Sciona and Wyrmil in case Deus showed up. Not necessarily Deus specifically but along those lines. /rampant speculation
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
    A containment device had been broken, causing anti-life magics to disperse through a blood-covered room. Several previously-sealed artifacts are now missing - and a naked hillbilly is found alone in the room. Probably best not to underestimate the hillbilly.
    Mysteriously-surviving hillbilly explained. Dabbler can probably take care of herself, but bad marks for everyone in the vault for not seeing this coming a mile away. They even knew Wyrmril had been in there.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Apparently, this isn't a Wyrmil power, but something to do with the regenerator. It appears that Wyrmil is making a dash for the blood portal.

Still think Sciona should have treated her minions better.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

Its still so dumbt that i cant understand it. Coot did not know anything of relevance regarding his hidden passenger. He could have remained undercover for years if he had played it calmly, instead of making a sudden dash for a portal that could have been blocked for all he knew.

Kinda annoyed we are about to see yet another casual smackdown from Max though. They are getting a little boring in the long run.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Well, it seems I was wrong.
    Coot is in fact smarter than the looks.

Seeing that there are algae that manage that feat everything else would be pretty much impossible though.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

8. - Top - End - #578
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Its still so dumb that i cant understand it. Coot did not know anything of relevance regarding his hidden passenger. He could have remained undercover for years if he had played it calmly, instead of making a sudden dash for a portal that could have been blocked for all he knew.
    Wyrnil knew that the council wouldn't have let him go. At best they would have taken Coots offer to let him show them scionas hq. So he decided to make a run for it before they had him in a more secure prison.

Still, I agree that the entire sexy interrogation was dumb. They had NO idea who cooter was (especially the extent of his lewd stupidness) expect for three 'hillbilly' sentences he uttered before they made him sleep.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dabbler is a magic alien who can literally appear as someone's deepest desires. Trusting her to interrogate someone is not the worst thing ever. Honey over vinegar and all that.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Colossus in the Playground

I guess they got lucky. Imagine if they had to interrogate the general? I think deepest sexual fantasy or not, being woken up by an orion girl would have been more than a little suspicious.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Letting a succubus interogate a male prisoner were a brilliant idea, the poor guy didnt even know he were being interogated.

The stupid one is Wyrmil. Coot were delivering an Oscar worthy "Acting dumb" that left everyone convinced, and were going to ensure everyone would underestimate him.
    Enough so that his "oh i dont know where the base is, but i can show you" would be taken as the truth from someone not smart enough to lying. Coupled with him seemingly being absolutely no threat then he would have two great chances of escape when either he was released to show them the location. Or when they afterward just either dumb his ass in the nearest hillbilly reservation, or a regular prison.

12. - Top - End - #582

It doesn't even makes sense to do it because he was telling her everything, because he already did.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah thats an even better point, and makes Wyrmil look even more dumb. There wasnt really any more for Coot to tell, to start with he almost did not know anything of importance.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess now we know exactly what sort of hentai Sydney is into.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Yes.. yes me do.. Nightmares.. hah..

Anyway. I do take a bit about what i said regarding Wyrmils IQ back. If he has an artifact that can block off even Max, and are able to breathe under water, then his chances of escaping the water base is suddenly a lot better.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Though I wouldn't discount the possibility of the merge being more than physical either. The bodies of Wyrmril and Cooter are fused, what's to say Wyrmril-Cooter's intelligence isn't also an average of his two 'parents'? Still a significant jump upward, but able to make dumb mistakes.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2017-12-04 at 11:48 AM.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    I guess now we know exactly what sort of hentai Sydney is into.
    We knew THAT back when she was describing the molestorb.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    We knew THAT back when she was describing the molestorb.
    We knew that she was familiar with it but not that she literally fantasized about it.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Anyway. I do take a bit about what i said regarding Wyrmils IQ back. If he has an artifact that can block off even Max, and are able to breathe under water, then his chances of escaping the water base is suddenly a lot better.
    I rather doubt that wall of tentacles is going to be able to stop Max she can just blast them or go around them. They sure as heck can't stop Sydney as the Shield gives her total protection and the tentacles will have nothing to grab/bite. I'm sure Wormy thinks what he just did will work, but I don't.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

I rather doubt that wall of tentacles is going to be able to stop Max she can just blast them or go around them. They sure as heck can't stop Sydney as the Shield gives her total protection and the tentacles will have nothing to grab/bite. I'm sure Wormy thinks what he just did will work, but I don't.
    Well, that would require the tentacles to actually be vulnerable to blasting. For all Max knows it will just make them stronger, or require a level of force that makes hole in the undersea base (thats a bad thing)

And i would like to clear this misconception. Sydney's shield does not give her total protection. Its really, really strong. And so far it has been able to stop anything directed at it.
    But it has not been tested by anything truely earth shattering yet. The only one on the team thats invulnerable is Achilles. That means everyone else by definition is vulnerable. Like we saw Max where when she face-tanked Vehemence's initial punch.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    I doubt it's intended to stop them, just delay them. They're magical tentacles created by an unknown artifact; they could have any number of properties that would make certain means of trying to get by them a bad idea. So the smart thing to do would probably be to grab Dabbler and/or one of the council guys, describe the artifact that summoned the tentacles, and ask what they do so you know how to get by them with a minimum of collateral damage or unexpected difficulties. Which gives Wyrmil time to get further away from the vault.. and as soon as he gets away from the tunnel that leads up to the moonpool, he's nearly free. Once he's in open water, it'll be much more difficult to follow him. Any delay or means he can cause of breaking visual contact with his pursuit is valuable to that end.

(The safe bet for just bashing through is probably bubbling up, but that's still a bet. And it won't help much if they find a solid intermeshed wall of these things blocking the path just under the surface of the exit pool.)

22. - Top - End - #592

Well, that would require the tentacles to actually be vulnerable to blasting. For all Max knows it will just make them stronger, or require a level of force that makes hole in the undersea base (thats a bad thing)

And i would like to clear this misconception. Sydney's shield does not give her total protection. Its really, really strong. And so far it has been able to stop anything directed at it.
    But it has not been tested by anything truely earth shattering yet. The only one on the team thats invulnerable is Achilles. That means everyone else by definition is vulnerable. Like we saw Max where when she face-tanked Vehemence's initial punch.
    Yeah I get it, the bullet proof/bullet resistant argument. But there comes a point where you are functionally bullet proof because you can take anything short of a cruise missile and be fine. So far there has been nothing that can get through. I still say the easiest test of her shield would be for maxima to do her best impression of a hydraulic press and slowly try to crush the shield between her hands with more and more power. Much like how she was able to judge the rough strength of her molestorb, this would give us a figure to work with, and if she CANT crush it, it would also tell us her orb is functionally unbreakable because she is at the top of the food chain in her strength if she so chooses. They could probably branch out at that point. Like, maybe her blaster powers are more destructive? Or maybe she can fly at max speed and shift to armor and power at the moment of impact to try and smash the shield even harder. Get the safest test out of the way first. Then push the limit because now you know you can.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

23. - Top - End - #593
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

That could be risky. If the shield failure is sudden, and maxima is pushing with full strength, she might not have the reflexes to stop her press before sydney is jelly.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're going for power, a slow press is literally the least efficient way. Force equals mass times acceleration.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    If you're going for power, a slow press is literally the least efficient way. Force equals mass times acceleration.
    If they're trying to test Sydney's shield, the only way they can test at actual full power is if she figures out how to/levelups into being able to project it somewhere other than centered around herself. As long as it still has Sydney at the middle, there's a limit to how much damage they can throw at it for risk of splattering Sydney when they suddenly discover the shield's limit. Especially instantaneously delivered force like an energy blast or a punch, where you can't reasonably pull it back once it's thrown; a slow press increasing over time is the safest means they can access, since, for example, Sydney could expand the bubble to the 'carrying the entire press corp' size and have Maxima try to force her way into the outer edge. That should provide more than enough time for Maxima to stop when/if it breaks, given her demonstrated reflexes.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    That could be risky. If the shield failure is sudden, and maxima is pushing with full strength, she might not have the reflexes to stop her press before sydney is jelly.
    The shield can get quite big, and isn't centered on Sydney. That gives you room to test up to the point that a hypothetical sudden-break would produce a shockwave (due to Max's movement through the air) that would seriously injure Sydney from the far side of however big max size is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah I get it, the bullet proof/bullet resistant argument. But there comes a point where you are functionally bullet proof because you can take anything short of a cruise missile and be fine. So far there has been nothing that can get through.
    Yes, it has also likely been tested enough against bullets to be called bullet proof. But is this a bullet, a slingshot, a cruise missile or a 4th dimensional being designed to eat your hopes and dreams?

As for testing the shield, then yes it can likely be very risky to do in a save way. The method Maxima used is likely the safest, hide Sydney behind a meter of steel and shoot a concentrated beam. Replace the meter of steel with first another shield made by Dabbler, and then Achilles to bear the brunt of the attack, and Max can likely allow herself to go all out.

Of course the disadvantage with that is that they dont know if the shield regenerates when tested to destruction.

28. - Top - End - #598

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    The shield can get quite big, and isn't centered on Sydney. That gives you room to test up to the point that a hypothetical sudden-break would produce a shockwave (due to Max's movement through the air) that would seriously injure Sydney from the far side of however big max size is.
    Of course that leads to the question whether bigger size makes the shield weaker, but well you can test that after finding the breaking point of the largest version.

29. - Top - End - #599

Yes, it has also likely been tested enough against bullets to be called bullet proof. But is this a bullet, a slingshot, a cruise missile or a 4th dimensional being designed to eat your hopes and dreams?

As for testing the shield, then yes it can likely be very risky to do in a save way. The method Maxima used is likely the safest, hide Sydney behind a meter of steel and shoot a concentrated beam. Replace the meter of steel with first another shield made by Dabbler, and then Achilles to bear the brunt of the attack, and Max can likely allow herself to go all out.

Of course the disadvantage with that is that they dont know if the shield regenerates when tested to destruction.
    It would be better to find that out in a lab rather than while being attacked by something strong enough to break it. It also seems to be an unlikely outcome considering its a thing of energy and not matter. Im not saying it COULDNT happen, im just saying that would be lower on the list of concerns than feedback from the shield busting and the side effects of whatever busted it.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

It would be better to find that out in a lab rather than while being attacked by something strong enough to break it. It also seems to be an unlikely outcome considering its a thing of energy and not matter. Im not saying it COULDNT happen, im just saying that would be lower on the list of concerns than feedback from the shield busting and the side effects of whatever busted it.
    Well.. thats just the bit.. it is made of energy.. we think. noone honestly have any idea about what it actually is, or how it actually works. It might phase in flexible plating from another dimension. Or it might overload if taking to much damage. Again we dont know.

With the basic testing Maxima has done though, they likely know that no super beneath Max's level has a realistic chance of breaking the shield though brute force. It is more or less all they need to know before understanding the orbs better.