New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: GrrlPower III: Crisis Of Infinite Filler Comics

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    It still leaves her decently placed as one of the strongest members on the team. And she is the third most skilled fighter as well, only surpassed by Math and Dabbler.

Else, well played to Dave, this was a twist i did not see comming. That its not a robot kinda changes everything.
    When it comes to raw physical power, she would be behind maxima, stalwart, and hiro at least, and while base strength is roughly equal to anvil, the second she uses her kinetic absorption that goes out the window. Even amorphus seems to have a similar level of strength to go with his rubber body, and as was established earlier on, sydneys lighthook can lift 15 tons, which is about 15x stronger than harem can be even in one body. So at best she is 5th on the strength scale of her group, she could be as far back as 7th depending on specifics. I cant speak for her hand to hand combat abilities but she really just isnt that strong. Superhuman sure, but very very low end superhuman.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Else, well played to Dave, this was a twist i did not see comming. That its not a robot kinda changes everything.
    We haven't yet seen its final form. We'll be lucky if this fight ends by August.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

When it comes to raw physical power, she would be behind maxima, stalwart, and hiro at least, and while base strength is roughly equal to anvil, the second she uses her kinetic absorption that goes out the window. Even amorphus seems to have a similar level of strength to go with his rubber body, and as was established earlier on, sydneys lighthook can lift 15 tons, which is about 15x stronger than harem can be even in one body. So at best she is 5th on the strength scale of her group, she could be as far back as 7th depending on specifics. I cant speak for her hand to hand combat abilities but she really just isnt that strong. Superhuman sure, but very very low end superhuman.
    I dont count the lighthook as its not actual superstrenght, just a single superstrong tentacle. And acording to the official data Anvil is already stronger than her, as are Mr. Amorpheous. But even a 6th place is good when its out of a group of 13.
    The reason for why i can comment on her hand to hand abilities is that they are actively listed on her cast page, and i kinda disagree about the very, very low end superhuman. She does have 2 dots in strenght. And just one of them already pushes her into the superhuman catagory.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #64

I dont count the lighthook as its not actual superstrenght, just a single superstrong tentacle. And acording to the official data Anvil is already stronger than her, as are Mr. Amorpheous. But even a 6th place is good when its out of a group of 13.
    The reason for why i can comment on her hand to hand abilities is that they are actively listed on her cast page, and i kinda disagree about the very, very low end superhuman. She does have 2 dots in strenght. And just one of them already pushes her into the superhuman catagory.
    Yeah but it becomes significantly less good when almost everyone whose powers include super strength is rated higher than you. 5 of the 13 characters on that list dont even have a strength pip. Of the 8 that do she is weaker than 6 of them. When you are comparing her to people that can move space shuttles, or fly around hauling fully loaded commercial buses, lifting a sub compact car just isnt that impressive. Yes she is still super strong, but in comparison to every other super strong character, she is barely above the bottom rung of people who basically only count as super strong through a technicality.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah but it becomes significantly less good when almost everyone whose powers include super strength is rated higher than you. 5 of the 13 characters on that list dont even have a strength pip. Of the 8 that do she is weaker than 6 of them. When you are comparing her to people that can move space shuttles, or fly around hauling fully loaded commercial buses, lifting a sub compact car just isnt that impressive. Yes she is still super strong, but in comparison to every other super strong character, she is barely above the bottom rung of people who basically only count as super strong through a technicality.
    At the same time though, higher tiers of super strenght is past a certain point only of limited use except against someone with a high tier armor power that need to be breached.
    Maths fight against Concretia clearly showed how superior fighting ability can make it up for a minimal degree of super strenght.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
    We haven't yet seen its final form. We'll be lucky if this fight ends by August.
    Called it :p

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Called it :p
    Doesnt make to much sense. We have not seen it actually change form, and there are long to August.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Doesnt make to much sense. We have not seen it actually change form, and there are long to August.
    It's a tongue in cheek joke (no, I don't believe it will last that long). Although it would be hilarious if it did last till August (or heck July). Still, May is looking very likely now .

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

August is only four months away. The Vehemence battle went for several months even after he was the only antagonist left standing. The battle bot has showed new capabilities and a personality, now. It's pretty reasonable to expect the fight to continue to escalate DBZ-style, the same way it did with Vehemence.

10. - Top - End - #70

Well, time to see if extreme physical violence is enough to do the job. Ok, thursday it will be time. Itll take at least that long for all the debris to settle.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

August is only four months away. The Vehemence battle went for several months even after he was the only antagonist left standing. The battle bot has showed new capabilities and a personality, now. It's pretty reasonable to expect the fight to continue to escalate DBZ-style, the same way it did with Vehemence.
    Well.. i am going to wager a beer that you have to pick up yourself, on this not lasting all the way though next month

Its not suposed to be the end boss, so i think its unlikely to be dragged out further.

Actually story-wise, then this is fitting nicely. It has just shown enough personality to evoke sympathy from us when Anvil hammer it though a building and leaves it in a broken heap.
    Dont think its going to stay down for long though, we have already seen it regenerate.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Well.. i am going to wager a beer that you have to pick up yourself, on this not lasting all the way though next month

Its not suposed to be the end boss, so i think its unlikely to be dragged out further.

Actually story-wise, then this is fitting nicely. It has just shown enough personality to evoke sympathy from us when Anvil hammer it though a building and leaves it in a broken heap.
    Dont think its going to stay down for long though, we have already seen it regenerate.
    Anvil and Hiro are now onsite. The "golem" has displayed the ability to grow, regenerate, and reason. There are four more updates in April, then another nine in May. I can see us easily getting through that with the antagonist Anvil was dropped on next to earlier.

I hope I'm wrong, though!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

I meanwhile cant see the conflict lasting that long. Especially not with Hiro now joining in.
    Though the actual question of what to do with the dam thing, now its not just a machine that can be trashed might remain.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

I meanwhile cant see the conflict lasting that long. Especially not with Hiro now joining in.
    I see two reasons: Anvil and Hiro.
    Lots of samples for golem to acquire and reuse.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Yeah, acquiring laser claws was a double barreled Chekhov's Gun.
    1) It can draw their blood.
    2) It can adapt their powers.

This certainly looks like it's heading into A.M.A.Z.O. fight territory.

Mainly, though, I'm thinking it'll get drawn out because that's how it always happens in Grrlpower.
    Last edited by Leewei; 2017-04-14 at 02:18 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

The problem is getting the samples in the first place, as well as getting a chance to analyse them.
    To even draw a sample the golem (and im not even certain thats the right word now we know its sentient), need to score a hit with its laser mace and hope it dont cauterise the wound.
    And actually be able to breach the skin of Hiro.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic: Yoicks. Fight mental powers with mental powers? Go, go, succubus seducing!

18. - Top - End - #78

Well. . . this could be a problem. Maybe she will be resistant? I mean, when vehemence activated that agro aura thing, it didnt seem to make maxima go crazy with violence. I mean sure she was pinned by the neck, but still, it didnt seem like it had any effect.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

New antagonist power revealed. I'd now like to revise my August end-of-battle to September.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Well. . . this could be a problem. Maybe she will be resistant? I mean, when vehemence activated that agro aura thing, it didnt seem to make maxima go crazy with violence. I mean sure she was pinned by the neck, but still, it didnt seem like it had any effect.
    I just cant see any logical reason for why she should be resistant to this. She has been shown a few times to have the mind of a regular human, with all the flaws and emotions that follow along.

As for the Agro Aura Vehemence had, we cant know if he specifically excluded Max from its area of effect, due to not wanting it to give her a sudden boost of endurance. And for all we know she were affected, but the aura did not make people go crazy or mindless, it just made them fight whoever were closest. And Max already had a opponent to focus her attention on.

21. - Top - End - #81

I just cant see any logical reason for why she should be resistant to this. She has been shown a few times to have the mind of a regular human, with all the flaws and emotions that follow along.

As for the Agro Aura Vehemence had, we cant know if he specifically excluded Max from its area of effect, due to not wanting it to give her a sudden boost of endurance. And for all we know she were affected, but the aura did not make people go crazy or mindless, it just made them fight whoever were closest. And Max already had a opponent to focus her attention on.
    The big aura reveal page clearly shows symbols directly under maxima and vehemence, so its likely it would effect her too and she was thinking pretty clearly about how she had to break free of his hold. I mean, even if she IS resistant to the aura, it doesnt automatically follow that a direct single target mind control attempt would work the same. So I dunno.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BannedInSchool View Post
    New comic: Yoicks. Fight mental powers with mental powers? Go, go, succubus seducing!
    Does that work on robots? Or where you thinking Maxima? This could be the moment Dabbler, finally gets into Max pants and live to tell the tale.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Does that work on robots? Or where you thinking Maxima? This could be the moment Dabbler, finally gets into Max pants and live to tell the tale.
    Yes, I meant seducing Max to counteract the vampire mind control.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BannedInSchool View Post
    Yes, I meant seducing Max to counteract the vampire mind control.
    If Anita Blake taught me anything (other than furries aren't my thing), then this yes, this is a possible scenario .

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post

Simple truth is that we don't have enough information to tell. Max didn't appear affected, but there are quite a few reason why that might be the case.

If she wasn't affected:

1) She was already in active hand to hand combat. Everyone else technically wasn't.

2) Whatever the electricity shooting through her head is might have countered it.

3) She MIGHT be immune.

Or, she might have been affected but since he is closest is going after him. After all, is Dabbler affected? She's targeting him and looks like she's planning on trying to kill him ("Let's see him regenerate his brain stem") but then is attacked by someone closer. So is she impacted or just being aggressive?

Short version: We don't have enough info to know if Max was affected by the aggro, and can't use anything from that fight to speculate if she's affected now.

(Before someone says yellow eyes, technically the only ones we saw with yellow eyes were ones who appeared to be woken up by the effect. We never saw Hiro or Stalwart with them).
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    Simple truth is that we don't have enough information to tell. Max didn't appear affected, but there are quite a few reason why that might be the case.

If she wasn't affected:

1) She was already in active hand to hand combat. Everyone else technically wasn't.

2) Whatever the electricity shooting through her head is might have countered it.

3) She MIGHT be immune.

Or, she might have been affected but since he is closest is going after him. After all, is Dabbler affected? She's targeting him and looks like she's planning on trying to kill him ("Let's see him regenerate his brain stem") but then is attacked by someone closer. So is she impacted or just being aggressive?

Short version: We don't have enough info to know if Max was affected by the aggro, and can't use anything from that fight to speculate if she's affected now.

(Before someone says yellow eyes, technically the only ones we saw with yellow eyes were ones who appeared to be woken up by the effect. We never saw Hiro or Stalwart with them).
    You missed the most likely reason;

4. She was excluded, because V didn't want to remove her self-restraint on her big boom attack, and cause her to blow everyone straight to hell.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    You missed the most likely reason;

4. She was excluded, because V didn't want to remove her self-restraint on her big boom attack, and cause her to blow everyone straight to hell.
    That is possible, he wouldnt be aware that in order to do that she would weaken herself enough to squash like an insect.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Heh.. does seem like my reading of the situation were correct, we are still in April and the situation is already winding down.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

LOVE how Anvil is diving behind Sydney.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh.. does seem like my reading of the situation were correct, we are still in April and the situation is already winding down.
    Congratulations on winning a debate, that was solely in your head. You've earned it my friend; You've earned it

Or is it ? Dun Dun Dun

Answer: Yeah, I think this is done basically.
    Last edited by -D-; 2017-04-20 at 08:20 AM.