New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 65: A Very Busy Intersection

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Blue Zone Markets

Iamar watches Naku shuffling, hardly even blinking. "Then, I suppose you may accompany me on my way." She spoke very deliberately, and began walking at a slightly slower than normal pace.

"Do you, ah, always run around here?"
    Blue Zone Markets

"All right! Do you want me to carry anything?" This is said assuming that Iamar is carrying things that she's gotten, but if she is not, then Naku just falls in beside her.

"Umm. Usually. Around here. I don't really have a fixed path, exactly. I just, just go for a run, and see where my feet take me.
    Around here is nice, because there's never really anyone up on the roofs, so I can just focus on running."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #572

Blue Zone Markets

"No!" Iamar remains silent for a moment. Did she say that? Why did it sound so forced and sudden? She brings her bag closer to her and clears her throat. "Ah, that won't be necessary. But thank you for offering."

"I'll admit, I have never thought to run across rooftops before."

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Delmah Phor - Xar'Cha Palace - Gardens]

Cait has to work at not looking to excited by this news. Guns, especially magical guns interest Cait a lot. But the persona she has been building up here probably wouldn't. Plus if she feigns disinterest it might be possible to sneak some of the stuff out. So time to pretend to be pretending to be interested. "Oh really that is interesting. And you make them yourself? Are they as fancy looking as the library you built?" She says, anyone that is fooled by her act, but also good at reading people might think at this point that Cait is far more interested in spending more time with Sornnolu then seeing his guns.

"I do try to make them as beautiful as they are functional. Though my work for the Intersection troops are simply utilitarian. My personal pieces, however..." Sornnolu reaches into the folds of his robes and draws out a flintlock pistol, made from the same purple wood as the majority of the library. The mechanical workings were made from adamantine, while the muzzle was worked into a stylized dragon in mithral.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Poseidon's Bounty- Natalie Date

The chairs aren't fixed, so Nisha can shuffle it closer. When it's clear what her girlfriend's doing, Natalie grins and shuffles her chair closer. And the hug is greatly appreciated.

"Well, that's good to hear. Clunky robot bits might not work well with a birdy shape. I'm not sure I'll be able to use spirit energy, though. My magic isn't inborn; I learnt it the hard way. Well, the not-quite-easy way, at least. I got a book from Santa and used that as a springboard. I figured out the rest of it myself by trial and error. And other books, occasionally." My magic is very xenophobic. It won't work with other magic I run, let alone stuff somebody else introduces. She might be able to duplicate some of the abilities, but through her own conjuring magic.

"I don't care what they look like, Nisha. I've lived here for... two years?" Natalie, according to a google search, first appeared in 2011-ish. So, more than that I think. "I'm hardly likely to get culture shock from a bunch of humans with darker skin than me and technology more advanced than what I'm used to. If they don't care about my pale skin, I don't care about them." If anything, she'll get bored at looking so many people all the same size and general shape.
    Poseidon's Bounty- Natalie Date

Nisha smiles at Natalie's speculation, and hugs her again. Hugs feel good, hugs are good! "Oh, Talie! That just means you can use spirit energy! Or something like it, at least. It's inborn energy, with ambient energy mixed in to strenghten it. Even though mine is inborn, I still had to go through rigorous training to learn to use it, and I'm still learning. There's a lot you can do with manipulating the void. It looks like shadows, but it's much more." Nisha releases the hug to continue enjoying her Chinese-sauce and chips, with an occasional savored sip of the burdock.

"That's great, Talie, but you make it sound like we're the only ones there..." Nisha continues, her eyes widening in realization. "Oops... well, we can move freely about the Sky Coin, no alternates, and have our own city hubs in the forests, above and below ground... we aren't the only ones there. So yes, you can still run into non-blasian people, the ones confined to one side of the planet. As for tech... it's like what you see me using, just on a wider scale. I'll help you get used to it, Talie." The black-eyed girl turns to her girlfriend and smiles happily. "Remember our motto? Together we can take on the world."

5. - Top - End - #575
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Digi-Dance Dive => Tina's Place

Spoiler
    Show
    "And did Fetty accomplish his goal?" Nora asks, quirking a brow as she sets her smaller hand within his. "Call me vain and easily bought, but after what I've been through, if you call me beautiful and chat a bit longer, consider me yours for the night." She admits with a snort. "My ego could use a bit of feeding and besides, I'm not sure I can be scared all that easily." She remarks before looking at the cigar. "You know, if you ever think about quitting, I could probably help with that." She remarks, the stray thought wandering through her head momentarily. "But that's later. Right now I think I'd prefer to be called beautiful." She teases as she leans against Prospero, practically draping herself on him. Yep, she's a bit drunk but seems to be happy.
    ____

Prospero doesn't shake her hand or lean down out of his shadowy anonymity to give it a smooch. He just runs his thumb gently across her knuckles.
    "We all /think/ about quitting," Prospero rumbles, snorting laughter.
    "But Fetty did well, I think," he looks at the young man, who gives a petite bow of his head. "I've seen goddesses and their children frollicking in the meadow, bathing in the crystal streams of the Vanished World. So if I say you're gorgeous..."
    "You really oughta believe him," Fetty pipes unprompted, finishing Prospero's thought.
    Fetty smirks. He thinks Prospy might be laying it on a bit thick, but maybe that's okay.

_____

Nora has the slightest of flinches when the word "children" is uttered, but she passes through it quickly, perhaps quickly enough for the other two to miss it. Even so, she continues to drape herself across Prospero and shifts until her head is even in Fetty's lap as she lays across the minotaur's other leg. "I can't tell if I'm not drunk enough for this, or too drunk." She admits before holding her hand up. A moment later and a soft glow comes from her palm and she places it on her own forehead. She closes her eyes and a moment later she reopens them with a smile. "Okay, alcohol is gone now. This time if you call me gorgeous I know it's you, flatterers." She says, sticking her tongue out at the pair.

_____

Fetty looks surprised at all the sudden contact, but he smiles and settles in. Purely on impulse, he tries to put his hands on Nora and massage her temples and the sides of her head.
    Prospero reaches over lethargically and puts out his cigar, then reaches forward to drop his hand onto her thigh. They're going to get quite tangled like this.
    "You're stunning," Prospero says.
    "Radiant," Fetty reiterates, and grins. He's half teasing her and half serious it seems.

_____

Nora closes her eyes and smiles at the attention, relaxing under their touches and letting herself be carried away slowly and silently for a while before talking again, a bit more seriously. "Coming clean? I've only been in a relationship with one other guy that I'd known since I was a teen. I have NO idea how this sort of thing works, but I'm ready and willing to go whenever and wherever you two are." She admits.

_____

Fetty leans over Nora's face and smiles. "It works /however/ you want it to, babe. Or I guess if you're gonna say things like that... however Prospy here wants it to work."
    "Hrrn," Prospero says 'thoughtfully'.
    "Y'know, being honest, you and him are kind of in the same boat... He might even be--"
    "/Fetty/." Prospero grunts, and the boyish fellow stops. Prospero slowly goes on, "...You know, I think I'd like to go. Right now."
    Suddenly and with startling ease, Prospero tries to pick them both up! He throws Fetty over one shoulder and tries to settle Nora's butt into the crook of his arm, so she's leaning upright against his chest.
    "Hey!" Fetty complains insincerely. Nora will finally get a look at Prospero, and true to form, he's got an odd mingling of human and bovine features... Less ugly than the true creature of legend, though amply intimidating.
    Prospero will haul them both away unless prompted otherwise.

_____

Nora settles up against Prospero with a smile, thoroughly enjoying the interplay between the Minotaur and his friend. "No worries. I'll be gentle." She teases with a snicker before patting his chest with a hand to let him know she was just jesting. "But onwards!" She adds as she wriggles her own butt.

_____

In that case, Nora might begin to realize that she doesn't live all that far away from this little glam-club. Even stranger, they're heading right into her building...
    Prospero carried them both the whole way, but Fetty somehow ends up sitting on his shoulder like an oversized, prettied-up parrot.
    Unless Nora speaks out, they climb the elevator to Fetty's floor and step out of the Towers' central column into Fetty's little sanctum. They walk past the ostentatious water fountain and square pool to the short flight of stairs that leads into his living room.
    One of the curvy, much undersized sofas seems to be Prospero's target... and Fetty starts to tell him no, even up until the point when the minotaur lands on the couch with a crash.
    Astoudningly, it sounds like nothing breaks.
    Fetty topples off his shoulder and bounces off the cushion with a giggle.

_____

Nora looks increasingly perplexed the closer and closer they get to the apartment complex, and after a bit she just keeps looking between Prospero and Fetty. She stays silent until after she grunts when she lands on the couch with the minotaur. "Okay. What gives? You two live just a few floors above me? How the hell didn't I notice?" She asks, sounding confused and acting like she's offended at having never noticed before. "Nice place though. A bit mix-and-match for the interior, but nice."

_____

"I don't live in this squallor," Prospero protests, taking a great sighing breath and blowing it out through his nostrils. He's got a bit of an angular snout that leads down to a curly beard. His eyes, deep brown, gleam with a fierce pride. Nora might notice one of his horns is broken.
    "This place /is/ pretty private. I don't exactly make a habit of getting to know my neighbors, either," Fetty says without missing a beat, as though Prospy hadn't spoken. He slowly rolls himself upright and reaches up to grasp Nora's feet. In a surprising gesture, he might start to take off her shoes and socks if she doesn't protest.
    Prospero looks Nora in the eyes, at last. "So." He reaches a hand up as though to catch her chin, but perhaps in part due to the size of his hand, he slides his fingers around the sides of Nora's face. "I am... not experienced either. Where do you suggest we begin?"

_____

Nora snorts at the comments about not knowing neighbors and how Prospero would never live here. "What do you live in then? A mansion?" She asks, genuinely curious as she extends her foot to Fetty to allow him to unlace her high-heels. She's not wearing socks but as soon as her shoes are off she stretches her feet and causes her joints to pop just as Prospero catches her head and asks her a question.

She smiles in response and slinks off of the couch and him both until she's standing in front of both him and Fetty. "I said I had been with just a single man before, not that I wasn't experienced in this..." She says mysteriously as she reaches up and begins unbuttoning her blouse. "So for now, I want you two to sit back, relax, and just enjoy the show..."

And with that, the curtain is drawn until morning...

The next morning...

Nora's head was pounding and her mouth was horribly dry when she woke up. Her groggy mind recalled that she'd purged the alcohol from her system the night before so she shouldn't be feeling this way, but it definitely felt like a hangover regardless. She sits up, extricating herself from the two men she'd been with, and gives a small groan as she sits on the edge of the bed and holds her head in her hands when the memories of the night filled in the blanks. What the hell are you doing, Nora? This isn't like you. She mentally berates herself before sighing tiredly and getting to her feet to stumble into the bathroom. She doesn't bother with the lights as it seemed bright enough without them, but only after she washes her hands and face afterwards and looks in the mirror does she stop to look.

"WHAT IN THE SEVEN HELLS DID YOU TWO BASTARDS DO TO ME?!?!"
    She roars, likely waking Fetty and Prospero both and boy does she sound furious.
    [Fetty's Place]

Prospero sits bolt upright, throwing Fetty bodily off of him in a catapult of nude flesh. Fetty lands with a loud thud and an 'oomph' as he hits the carpet in front of his bed. A pained, groggy 'ungh' follows as his only reply.

Prospero stomps into the bathroom, grabbing the door by the frame as he looks inside. He almost shouts, "What? What is it?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Fetty's Place

In the bathroom, replacing the shorter pale blonde Prospero and Fetty picked up the night before stands a taller and darker woman. She stands over six feet in height with dark brown-black skin, but most striking was the jagged neon green lines that flashed quickly on her body. "I don't know what it is!" She growls, turning to face Prospero and reaching a hand out to try and shove him aside so she can stalk her way into the bedroom to glare at Fetty too.

While she hadn't been particularly unfit or athletic before, the woman's body now rippled with lean muscle and strength, and she has to twist her head to keep her new ox horns from hitting the doorframe. Her shoulders are broader and while her facial features are a little different from before with smoother and more symmetrical lines, she is still almost certainly the Nora they met the night before. She attempts to set a foot on Fetty's chest while he's on the ground, her displeasure obvious as a fairly long and thin tufted tail lashes in anger behind her. "Would you mind telling me what happened?" She asks, cool anger in her voice.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Orc in the Playground

Poseidon's Bounty- Nishalie Date

"But... It wasn't inborn. And my energy is solely drawn from outside. If I tried drawing energy from within, I'd probably teleport my spleen or something." My magic is not spirit energy, despite what Raven seems to think, and Natalie- who has quite a deep understanding of the principles and methods behind her abilities- is aware that chances are, this spirit energy of Raven's is completely different, unless it's just a local term for leylines and ambient magical fields. Except, it can't be, because it's both inside and outside. Natalie's pretty sure that ambient energy doesn't manifest within a body.

"Why are they confined to one side of the planet?" That's confused Natalie. I don't think it's been mentioned in the conversation thus far, though I admit I may have lost track.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2017-08-02 at 05:00 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #578
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Fetty's Place

In the bathroom, replacing the shorter pale blonde Prospero and Fetty picked up the night before stands a taller and darker woman. She stands over six feet in height with dark brown-black skin, but most striking was the jagged neon green lines that flashed quickly on her body. "I don't know what it is!" She growls, turning to face Prospero and reaching a hand out to try and shove him aside so she can stalk her way into the bedroom to glare at Fetty too.

While she hadn't been particularly unfit or athletic before, the woman's body now rippled with lean muscle and strength, and she has to twist her head to keep her new ox horns from hitting the doorframe. Her shoulders are broader and while her facial features are a little different from before with smoother and more symmetrical lines, she is still almost certainly the Nora they met the night before. She attempts to set a foot on Fetty's chest while he's on the ground, her displeasure obvious as a fairly long and thin tufted tail lashes in anger behind her. "Would you mind telling me what happened?" She asks, cool anger in her voice.

Prospero is so dumbfounded that he's moved, and Nora makes it to where Fetty lies.

And he's stepped on! This would be quite invigorating if it weren't so scary. He makes a little 'ouhf' noise and stares up... at her. Though maybe not at her face, like she might want. "Uhh..." He blinks those big blue eyes. "Who are you? Did you eat Nora or something?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #579

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Blue Zone Markets

"No!" Iamar remains silent for a moment. Did she say that? Why did it sound so forced and sudden? She brings her bag closer to her and clears her throat. "Ah, that won't be necessary. But thank you for offering."

"I'll admit, I have never thought to run across rooftops before."
    Blue Zone Markets

"O-oh. Oh all right. I'm sorry." Naku replies, looking down somewhat ashamed. "Y-you're welcome though. It was. It was silly to offer. I'm sure you've got it."

"It's fairly fun. And really quiet. There's noooo body else up there."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Near the library]

The shuttle from Vigil will bring Mia and Veya here where they have to get out and take a little walk to the library.

"Have you ever been in a building full of books? I mean one that's several level high and you need a day just to walk through all rows."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #581
    Orc in the Playground

"But... It wasn't inborn. And my energy is solely drawn from outside. If I tried drawing energy from within, I'd probably teleport my spleen or something." My magic is not spirit energy, despite what Raven seems to think, and Natalie- who has quite a deep understanding of the principles and methods behind her abilities- is aware that chances are, this spirit energy of Raven's is completely different, unless it's just a local term for leylines and ambient magical fields. Except, it can't be, because it's both inside and outside. Natalie's pretty sure that ambient energy doesn't manifest within a body.

"Why are they confined to one side of the planet?" That's confused Natalie. I don't think it's been mentioned in the conversation thus far, though I admit I may have lost track.

Nisha frowns and facepalms as she is reminded of the way Natalie's power works. "Sorry, Talie. I got so excited I... though useful tactically, the concept is still kinda weird to me that people can't draw power from themselves." Spirit energy is inborn, usually either tied to stamina or an innate sense of how much more you can use the ability before recharging. The unlucky ones get to cast from life force or age(+/-). "There's ambient energy to draw from, we use it to speed up recharging. We'll see how it works, our stuff is pretty different." She looks down at her hands, then Natalie's, then up at her face again, popping a bit of fish into her mouth.

Nisha swallows and sighs, wondering how best to explain this next part without being confusing. "Uhh... you'd have to see it for yourself, Talie. Let's just say there are certain rules the 'spirit of the place' seems to enforce. You can't be on the opposite side for too long, or the place will move you back from whence you came. Doesn't affect us, because we weren't cursed like that. You'll see. Foreigners, though... well it doesn't affect you too, since you're new." She shrugs.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [Delmah Phor - Xar'Cha Palace - Gardens]

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post

"I do try to make them as beautiful as they are functional. Though my work for the Intersection troops are simply utilitarian. My personal pieces, however..." Sornnolu reaches into the folds of his robes and draws out a flintlock pistol, made from the same purple wood as the majority of the library. The mechanical workings were made from adamantine, while the muzzle was worked into a stylized dragon in mithral.
    Cait is reminded how easy it is to hide weapons in robes and mentally scolds her self for relaxing as much as she has. The gins distracts her. A bit more old fashioned then she is used to, but she recognizes the precious metals it is composed of.

She leans forward to get a closer look, one hand finding to find it's way to Sormolu's hip to help her balance. She hopes it comes off as innocent, or flirty and not the attempt to feel any other weapons he might have. "Oh my, that is indeed a pretty- She stops and reconsiders her words. That is a handsome gun, and you make the ammunition yourself as well. Do you just not believe in buying things?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

13. - Top - End - #583
    Orc in the Playground

"I don't need to recharge, fortunately. Though if I try to cast too many spells, or too big a spell, I can temporarily- or even permanently- damage my ability to use magic. Practice helps with casting spells, though. That's why I'm nearly always teleporting stuff around rather than fetching it normally." Natalie really hopes her powers will work there, though reasons somebody's figured out how to use her type of magic using spirit energy before. Or a similar type of magic, if not an exact match to her own.

"Oh, I see! So it's the local god that decides all this. Or god-like entity, anyway." She smiles as she thinks she's understanding what's going on there.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

Sornnolu tenses slightly under Cait's touch, but outwardly he's smiling, chuckling in fact. "Oh goodness, no. I purchase things, it's just that I'm a craftsman, so I like making things." Whether Cait can feel anything that's specifically a weapon is hard to say, the drow's pockets are quite full of various objects.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #585
    Pixie in the Playground

[Werenight - the Blood Moon]

Up in the sky is a singular sight. The moon is full... but somehow there's only one moon. It is bigger and brighter and more "full" than it usually seems to be.

And slowly, slowly... it's turning blood-red! A lunar eclipse, of course, isn't something that should cause worry... right?

right?

The werewolves always howl when the moon is out like this, right?

And screams aren't all that unusual...

and that unsettling chittering noise is just the usual sewer rats...

right?
    Last edited by Fenric; 2017-08-07 at 08:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

[Werenight - The Blood Moon]

The residents of Degenberg castle and its surrounding lands were a quiet, lawful sort. Sure sometimes someone's chickens might go missing, and the howls of the scouts would send chills down your spine, but despite the old reputation of its ruler, the surrounding villages didn't mind having werewolves for neighbors.

However, tonight, tonight something was different, something was horribly wrong. Screams erupted from within the castle's walls, screams that became growls, barks, and howls. As the moon turned entirely red, there was a moment of quiet, but then a howl went up, long and powerful, a rallying cry.

A pack of wolves, easily one hundred strong, erupted from the castle's gates. They were led by a massive white direwolf, with eyes are red as coals. As one they ran, with singular purpose, down the road along the coast and into the city of Inside.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

17. - Top - End - #587
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Werenight - The Blood Moon]

Werefox guards are doing their best to keep order in the Temple district, chanting an ancient mantra against blood-lust in a desperate attempt to keep control themselves. Their vulpine empire uniforms are augmented with the armbands that mark them as irregular officers of Inside's police forces

Did the whole bloody city get dragged back to Ravenloft without us noticing?
    I know. I thought we were done with this garbage!
    What's going on, Cap'n?

The officer looks up at the reddening moon, and shakes his head

It's a bad night, boys.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Firbolg in the Playground

The moon is never really truly full, with all the illuminated side facing the world below. It's always off by a fraction of a degree, out of the plane of orbit. Except nights like this, when red light only bends around the earth to perfectly light its satellite.

Under the blood-moon, it's not only strictly werewolves that respond.

The fox-spirit-thing Honeysuckle is heading home after a long shift at the plant - they have more to do in the summer heat than, say, the rainy spring - when things start to feel...off. Her clothes don't fit, her skin doesn't fit. All on edge, like lightning's about to strike, when she seems to hear a voice: 'look up'. Which is crazy, she can't look at anything. But it insists, and at length she undoes her blindfold, carving a rift in the street in the process of lifting her stricken eyes to the sky.

This is a mistake.

In a flash of blue, a certain innocent young woman brutal vampire warlord arrives at the outskirts and vaults over the city wall. This is not the moon that gave them their powers, made them what they are. But it is the only moon they have, and tonight its call is undeniable. The sun is as gone as it ever gets, and everything's running red. She pauses to savor a deep breath - so many soft delicious things to drink - before extending claws and fangs. Now, for a hunt like none they've ever suffered!
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-08-07 at 09:43 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

Another good night to drink. Of course, every night is a good night to drink as far as Reinholdt is concerned. The fey is in between bars right now, having been thrown out of that last one. Something about not serving his kind here. Wasn't that human supremacy movement dead? Ah, it doesn't matter. It was no Trog's Tavern and certainly paled compared to the Black Dragon's Den. Was it time to head to one of those again or should he try another new spot?

The pink eyed fey doesn't get to make that decision as he is suddenly force shifted back into a small blue cat. At first one might mistake his stumble for drunkenness, but when fur sprouts and mass disappears, the reality becomes clear. Clear being loosely used here. "H-hey! What the hell?! What gives?" While he certainly could keep drinking if he wanted to, the amount he could get away with has sharply decreased. He whirls around in place expecting some offender, some mage with ill intent wanting vengeance or fame, to step out of the shadows and announce their success. Reinholdt is only left more confused when no such person reveals themselves, the moon itself providing him no clarity in the matter.

To make matters worse, his cat ears were clearly picking up the sounds of howls in the distance. Reinholdt's fur bristled. The last thing he needs is some mangy mutt mistaking him for a meal. Turning pink he starts to fly aw- whump. Paws tripping over himself, he neither changes color nor makes it off the ground, choosing instead to fall into it with a loud "EEP!". His eyes widen, not from the rather embarrassing position, but from the sudden realization that not only was he shut off from shapeshifting but he also couldn't fly. This made things decidedly more dangerous for him. While he doesn't mind doing things the old fashioned way, the old fashioned way involved a cat sized sniper rifle for protection which is quite clearly not here nor available.

Reinholdt doesn't want to wait around to find out what else might go wrong and scrambles to his feet, running towards the nearest park.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Orc in the Playground

Blood Moon- Rooftops

Sitting on a roof, minding her own business, is Jack. She's an androgynous young woman, possibly twenty, probably younger, who appears human. She has short black hair, pale skin and grey eyes. Currently, she's wearing a black and red chequered shirt and a pair of jeans, with a pair of heavy working boots on her feet and a leather satchel branded with a stylised corvid shape upon the front.

As the Blood Moon's effects come into play, feathers grow from her skin, and her clothes meld with her body. Her arms twist back, and a beak grows from her face. Her eyes don't change, though they do move, away from the front and a short distance onto the sides. She shrinks, too, getting smaller, as her boots fall off and her toes split into a bird's talons with backwards-pointing toe. Her satchel remains in place, though by the time the process is finished, Jack is too small to carry it; the apparently-human woman no longer looks human; instead, she looks like a jackdaw, with black feathers and a grey hood. She caws, and flies down to street level, trying to figure out what's going on.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Orc in the Playground

"I don't need to recharge, fortunately. Though if I try to cast too many spells, or too big a spell, I can temporarily- or even permanently- damage my ability to use magic. Practice helps with casting spells, though. That's why I'm nearly always teleporting stuff around rather than fetching it normally." Natalie really hopes her powers will work there, though reasons somebody's figured out how to use her type of magic using spirit energy before. Or a similar type of magic, if not an exact match to her own.

"Oh, I see! So it's the local god that decides all this. Or god-like entity, anyway." She smiles as she thinks she's understanding what's going on there.

Nisha nods as Natalie finishes speaking, hoping the same thing her girlfriend is. "Don't worry, Talie. I'm sure it'll all work out in the end." She says, smiling and encouraging her girlfriend to join in by tickling her sides a bit. She'll wait until Natalie's swallowed food, though, can't have her choking on fish and chips, now.

Speaking of the food, Nisha's enjoying herself. She's been eating as they've conversed, though always careful not to talk with her mouth full, and by now all her chips are gone and she's started in on the fish and Chinese sauce. She smiles as well when Natalie comes to her conclusion. "Well, something like that, yeah. You'll see for yourself. Right now, though... this suya I talked about. There's like, a lot in the Tower, so we're going there next." It means more Vaylith, and who doesn't want more Vaylith? Nisha certainly enjoys playing with her adopted niece.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

A pair of young wolves have broken off from the main pack, alerted by the sudden movement of a certain blue cat. They give chase into the park, barking all the while. This was good fun for them, a chase and possibly a snack at the end.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post

A pair of young wolves have broken off from the main pack, alerted by the sudden movement of a certain blue cat. They give chase into the park, barking all the while. This was good fun for them, a chase and possibly a snack at the end.
    [Blood Moon Park]

Gah, this went from worse to worser. Worstest? Worserest? Reinholdt just barely manages to reach the tree in time to save his tail from becoming a dog toy. The cat scrambles up the tree in an impressive feat of acrobatics, soon finding himself on a fairly high branch with nowhere else to go.

"Go on! Get! Shoo!" Feeling the need to punctuate his insistent commands, the cat hisses loudly at the wicked wolves, his ears flattened back along his head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

The two wolves bark and yip, leaping up the tree, but unable to climb, they fall back. The noise they make attracts a few more pack members, who also try to reach Reinholdt, until a wolf with grey around his muzzle comes along and nips at them. They were being foolish. There was bigger prey out in the deeper city.

And prey there was. Those caught out on this night were quickly surrounded and savaged by the hundred strong wolf pack. With each attack they grew stronger as new wolves fell in line, relying on instinct more than anything, and instinct told them to follow the pack, and its leader the white dire wolf alpha.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

25. - Top - End - #595
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Near the library]

The shuttle from Vigil will bring Mia and Veya here where they have to get out and take a little walk to the library.

"Have you ever been in a building full of books? I mean one that's several level high and you need a day just to walk through all rows."
    [Near the library]

Veya staggers slightly at the begging of their walk while she struggles to regain her composure since she's only used to walking, or occasionally using branches, or vines as sources of transport.

"Oh gosh no, we have libraries, but none of them are that big. My hometown only occupied a small fraction of the forest. We never really had visitors because the town was located right next to the heart of the forest so my people didn't really feel the need to build a big one, even though I secretly wanted one. The larger a library the more knowledge it contains which is why I'm looking forward to learning more about this world, and seeing the library," Veya smiles.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-08-09 at 03:42 AM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Firbolg in the Playground

Honeysuckle looks back down from the moon, and causes no destruction with her gaze. If anything, the woman looks more human than before. Her ears are still those of a fox, and the tail likewise, but her face is clear and everything else looks normal. The touch of the moon was on the inside.

She turns and looks back down the road, the intact part of it. Is that a bird? A little magpie or something? She ought to catch it. After kicking off her shoes (the better to run without), Honeyusckle chases off after Jack.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #597
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cait doesn't let her hand linger. He might even think she just lost her balance for a second. "Well you certainly are a fine craftsman." She says letting a little blush appear on her cheeks. "Anyways I am sure I have taken up enough of your time, for now. Would you be able to meet after I have some time to study these." She says clinging to her new spellbooks. Obviously treasuring the leather bound volumes.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

28. - Top - End - #598
    Orc in the Playground

Nishalie Date- Poseidon's Bounty

"I can't wait to try it, Nisha." Natalie giggles when tickled, and tries to slap Nisha's fingers away to get the other girl to leave her alone. She'll stand up, and get ready to leave.

Blood Moon- Streets, Chasing Jack

Don't let Jack hear you confuse a jackdaw with a magpie. She's completely different to one of those egg-thieves.

Jack's flying quite slowly; it's dark, and she's adopted the form of a diurnal bird. She doesn't want to fly into something. She stops at a park bench, and notes the foxy girl running after her. She'll stop and wait, letting the stranger catch up... Though if Honeysuckle does try to grab her, she'll flap up onto a nearby gutter and sit there, staring down. Birds have good reflexes, and even if she didn't have a humanoid brain in the avian skull, jackdaws are clever birds.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course," Sornnolu answers, smiling. "If I'm not in the palace, I'm usually in the administration building across the square." The drow stands. "Let me lead you back to the front door." He offers, crossing the small courtyard to the door leading back into the darkened palace. Again he summons a floating orb of silvery light to lead the way.

[Werenight - The Blood Moon - Delmah Phor]

Reports have begun to pour in of the danger on the streets and the decision is made to lock down the enclave. The gates are shut and increased patrols are put up on the walls. No one gets in and no one gets out until the crisis has ended.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

30. - Top - End - #600
    Pixie in the Playground

The werefox guards continue their increasingly futile attempts to keep order around the temple district. It doesn't help that a lot of the feral folk just outright avoid the savy troopers from Ravenloft.

But all the while, the yowls of wolves grow increasingly loud

How much silver'd we bring?
    Silver and plus-three, we're not bad off. But we're not supposed to be killin' 'em!
    Sounds like a whole pack wi' th' blood-lust up, though. We're not just gonna get away with tossing out a couple'a milk bones!