New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout VII - Vault-Tec calling

I'd love to watch, but I have terrible, terrible internet, and can't watch streams.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Well, sounds like Saturday's kind of a bust all 'round, then. Maybe I'll just do the recording then spam out a bunch of videos in celebration of me dying repeatedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Second time in three months I had to reinstall Windows. At least this time I had time to back everything up.

Bringing Hancock to the Gallery was amusing. Also... I am almost lvl 41. As soon as I get Science 4 I will outfit Codsworth properly and get myself a fully pimped X-01. Then I will go to the Glowing sea and continue the main quest.

T-45 is soo OLD.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2017-06-24 at 08:21 AM.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

What version of Windows?

Meh, T-45 with the Piezo Chest piece is a better option. Lead it out with Overdriven Servos and you can sprint most of the way there without being slowed by anything.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    What version of Windows?

Meh, T-45 with the Piezo Chest piece is a better option. Lead it out with Overdriven Servos and you can sprint most of the way there without being slowed by anything.
    WIndows 10.

First time was a corrupted registry. This time a bug made startup take 15 minutes.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Second time in three months I had to reinstall Windows. At least this time I had time to back everything up.

Bringing Hancock to the Gallery was amusing. Also... I am almost lvl 41. As soon as I get Science 4 I will outfit Codsworth properly and get myself a fully pimped X-01. Then I will go to the Glowing sea and continue the main quest.

T-45 is soo OLD.
    If you already have the suit of X-01, there's no reason to stick with the T-45 (even the baseline X-01 has higher ballistic resistance and durability than the 45f) if you're planning on upgrading anyway.

Otherwise, if you're wiling to say "yes, sir" to Maxson for a couple of minutes, T-60c is also a good option as a better temporary suit.

On the other hand, all of the power armor series have the same rad resistance, so if you don't let the radscorpions and deathclaws close anyway, there's not much of a difference.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    If you already have the suit of X-01, there's no reason to stick with the T-45 (even the baseline X-01 has higher ballistic resistance and durability than the 45f) if you're planning on upgrading anyway.

Otherwise, if you're wiling to say "yes, sir" to Maxson for a couple of minutes, T-60c is also a good option as a better temporary suit.

On the other hand, all of the power armor series have the same rad resistance, so if you don't let the radscorpions and deathclaws close anyway, there's not much of a difference.
    I have the T-60 with all Tesla parts. I will switch between that one and the X-01 after I get both fully upgraded. I have also sold my T-45 parts.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

T-45's piezo chest speeds your AP Regen when you're in radiation, making it perfect for the glowing sea.

If you need a set of T-45 for a completed collection for example, head to Gray Garden and follow the overhead road East. The lift you find leads up to a suit within render distance of Corvega, which means it's almost certainly level locked to T-45. I've never seen it not be.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

First time was a corrupted registry. This time a bug made startup take 15 minutes.
    Sounds like you've got some badly written software installed.

I haven't gone yet, I'll keep that in mind. I've been working on Danse, but he's definitely starting to get boring.

T-45 is soo OLD.
    By level 41, you should be able to find X01 armor.

T-45's piezo chest speeds your AP Regen when you're in radiation, making it perfect for the glowing sea.
    Yeah, but once you've shielded your suit in lead paint, I never found radiation to be the problematic part of being in the glowing sea, rather dealing with all the wildlife. I did a survival run recently, and came back with less than 5% of my health in rads. Granted, I'm over level 50, but even so.

If you need a set of T-45 for a completed collection for example, head to Gray Garden and follow the overhead road East. The lift you find leads up to a suit within render distance of Corvega, which means it's almost certainly level locked to T-45. I've never seen it not be.
    I thought the first suit you get in Concorde is T-45.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    Sounds like you've got some badly written software installed.
    Probably yes. I purged a lot and went back to old tried and true software this time around.

By level 41, you should be able to find X01 armor.
    Going back to the Rust Devils. There is a full set of X-01 there.

Yeah, but once you've shielded your suit in lead paint, I never found radiation to be the problematic part of being in the glowing sea, rather dealing with all the wildlife. I did a survival run recently, and came back with less than 5% of my health in rads. Granted, I'm over level 50, but even so.
    Yeah, I did that last playthrough.

I thought the first suit you get in Concorde is T-45.
    Yep. That suit is a full T-45.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Rads aren't a problem no, but as long as you're in rads the chest piece speeds the rate at which you regenerate AP.

I have seen the T-45 at the museum be missing bit's but it's rare.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

It's not like the T-45 chestplate really provides that much less protection than X-01, relatively. Mostly you'll just be repairing it more because it has less hp.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    It's not like the T-45 chestplate really provides that much less protection than X-01, relatively. Mostly you'll just be repairing it more because it has less hp.
    It depends on the size of the attack. Against really small attacks, yes, the diminishing returns hit very hard, but the X-01 will absorb a lot more of the single-shot damage from being grabbed by a Deathclaw.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Plus it looks cooler.

So... I just got a wounding minigun. The best kind of minigun there is. (Not joking here). The problem is... too heavy for me. Who to give it to? Danse or Cait? Or donate it to a settler?
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2017-06-24 at 04:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Aside the Glowing Sea, I tend to prefer the T-60 for day-to-day wear. Atom Cats Paint job, OverDriven Servos, Jetpack, Targeting HUD. Beast of a machine.

Danse, definitely Danse. Cait should totally have Atom's Judgment (or whatever the Hammer is called.)
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2017-06-24 at 05:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Aside the Glowing Sea, I tend to prefer the T-60 for day-to-day wear. Atom Cats Paint job, OverDriven Servos, Jetpack, Targeting HUD. Beast of a machine.

Danse, definitely Danse. Cait should totally have Atom's Judgment (or whatever the Hammer is called.)
    If I bother with that. I might just kill them all this time; I LOATHE the Child of Atom stuff in Far Harbor.
    I am thinking of giving her the baseball bat that has knockback with dual rockets on it.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh, the Harvester! She'd be perfect for it.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Plus it looks cooler.

So... I just got a wounding minigun. The best kind of minigun there is. (Not joking here). The problem is... too heavy for me. Who to give it to? Danse or Cait? Or donate it to a settler?
    IMHO, I would say a kneecapper minigun is the best kind of minigun there is. 20% chance, per round fired, to cripple a leg. Spray that at a charging Deathclaw, and he stops dead in his tracks (no pun intended).
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Plus it looks cooler.

Wounding isn't bad, but there's a few other affixes I'd rather have on a minigun. Plasma-Infused or Freezing both come to mind, doing more base damage which is multiplied by your Heavy Gunner perk bonus. Furious is also a really good affix on a minigun, as stacking damage bonuses on an automatic weapon are always fun. Penetrating is never bad on a weapon with low base damage, but honestly I'd rather have one of the above first.

Wounding is one of those affixes that doesn't get a lot of love because it makes for a very poor 'one shot one kill' weapon that many want. But for an automatic weapon, it's easily one of the best affixes around. But with capped Heavy Gunner, either Plasma Infused or Freezing do more base damage IF you max out the perks, and of course Furious can get pretty stupid pretty darn fast. But I'd take one with any of the above affixes. Explosive is, of course, stupidly good as long as your enemies don't get close enough that you blow yourself up. IF you have Demo Expert in addition to your weapon perks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

I found a kneecapper Institute Rifle that I gave to Curie.

Now, here's something strange:
    Spoiler
    Show

When I was talking to Cabot, I heard... something. On the way out I noticed sparks and smoke from the floor in the hallway just by the front door. I thought nothing of it (typical Bethesda bug, I thought). I got outside and both robots were destroyed!

SO, huh. The randomness of a typical Bethesda game, I guess. "Something" had passed through, managed to kill all robots, then moved on. And somehow artifacts from the exploding sentry bot had made it through the door, into another loading area. How is that even possible?

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Wounding is less useful on a Minigun than say a Pipe SMG, because Minigun don't do bursts well. However, put a burst into an enemy, and wait, you'll spend a lot less ammo. Still, it's not as bad as other options.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

I just emptied out the whole Cabot residence. That's... quite a lot of ceramic.

In other news: Weird bug: I stumbled over a dead knight but his power armor parts were not... working. I could pick them up, but I could not transfer them to a power armor. The only thing I could do with them was either drop them on the floor or sell them.
    So, sell them it was.

I am finally ready to do the glowing sea; I have a fully leaded T60F Tesla armor to go, plus RoboBrain!Codworth with grenade launchers, an unstable gatlin gun and a heavy flamer.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Firbolg in the Playground

To me, that sounds like the power armor pieces were broken. To my knowledge, if the armor is broken, it can't be put on the frame until you fix it up.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    To me, that sounds like the power armor pieces were broken. To my knowledge, if the armor is broken, it can't be put on the frame until you fix it up.
    Also theory. The knight was blown up by some Super Mutant Suiciders. Otherwise you don't get that much damage on ALL of your PA slots.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Ah. That makes sense.

No suicider that I noticed. It was a big four-way battle though:
    The BoS was trying to take over a huge Raider settlement just as a Mutant raiding party also arrived. And as did Hancock and I. Also, about 20 seconds into the fight one of my heavily armed "mini-sentries" provisioners came by and threw himself into the ring as well.
    Anyway, the Knight in question was alive until Hancock threw a plasma grenade at turret. I head the knight yell "Grenade!!" then he was covered with a plasma cloud and then.... yeah.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2017-06-25 at 11:43 PM.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of power armor... Can I make Danse equip a helmet if I give him one?

Edit: Anyone else not bothering with companions you don't like despite missing out on perks? I am not touching Deacon this playthru because I already know I am going to kill him.
    Also I am lvl 42 and has not recruited Strong yet. When I do I will assign him the trade route to Far Harbor and forget about him.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2017-06-26 at 01:59 AM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Edit: Anyone else not bothering with companions you don't like despite missing out on perks?
    So far, I've never bothered with the "evil" companions like Cait and MacCready because they don't suit my playstyle, so yeah, I guess that counts.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    So far, I've never bothered with the "evil" companions like Cait and MacCready because they don't suit my playstyle, so yeah, I guess that counts.
    Cait and MacCready have a bit of nuance to their characters, they're not just violent mercenaries who like sarcastic thieves.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Cait and MacCready have a bit of nuance to their characters, they're not just violent mercenaries who like sarcastic thieves.
    Indeed. The only really evil teammate is Strong.

Besides I'm going to gift Cait my second T60 suit and a rocket bat.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed. The only really evil teammate is Strong.

Besides I'm going to gift Cait my second T60 suit and a rocket bat.
    Forget the T60...give her Grognak's costume, and mod up the world series bat....
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."