New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lilly's Lovely Random Banter #87

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Aside from missing time:

My mum decided I wasn't doing anything with my holidays so she gave me a job:
    Hoover the bathrrom lino;
    Take up the lino and put it in the outhouse
    Bleach. Every. Single. Surface. In. The. Room.

Seriously, walls(8), sink, toilet, sink, shower, I even did some of the ceiling! Even though I was wearing gloves it turned out that some bleachy-water had dripped inside the gloves; luckily it didn't do anything seriious. My eyes were burning, even after breaks every half hour or so, and I felt a bit dizzy. And the door and window was fully open too.
    My brother got to paint a wall, outside in the sunshine.

To conclude: Parents+jobs around the house+summer holidays= evil and pain.
    Pain is good for you! Hard, semi-useless work is good for you! But... during vacation? I sympathize. Though my mom is being more reasonable this summer, last summer I read 6 lengthy books for English, an existentialist play for French, and my entire chemistry textbook. Not to mention all the SAT prep I had to do. Look on the bright side, you're being useful and it builds character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    Pain is good for you! Hard, semi-useless work is good for you! But... during vacation? I sympathize. Though my mom is being more reasonable this summer, last summer I read 6 lengthy books for English, an existentialist play for French, and my entire chemistry textbook. Not to mention all the SAT prep I had to do. Look on the bright side, you're being useful and it builds character.
    Bah. Summer vacations are for playing too many video games, D&D, and walks in the woods.

What's up with these crazy ideas of being any sort of productive?

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn right. I don't need chores to build character. Four six-siders and a character sheet will do just as well, thank you very much.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Lets see...what have I been doing these holidays...

Going on the computer. More going on the computer. Eating. Sleeping. Looking after my brother while parents are at work. One time, I brought in the rubbish bins.

Hmm...I don't think I've done much work...
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

5. - Top - End - #695
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Herman View Post
    Damn right. I don't need chores to build character. Four six-siders and a character sheet will do just as well, thank you very much.
    PENCIL! YOU FORGOT THE PENCIL!
    This is a boring signature.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

6. - Top - End - #696
    Halfling in the Playground

Bah, pencils dont go well for longevity. try pens.

I AM the dread pirate llamarts.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Barbarian in the Playground

But if you use pens for drawing, you better be very good and make no mistakes.

*looks at doodles from old school notes*

Wait a tick... my pen doodlings look ten times better than anything in my sketchbook!
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Slayer View Post
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

8. - Top - End - #698

DrowGirl

Always the way of it...

I doodle over EVERYTHING that's school related. Got told off quite a few times, but meh. Others just ignore them. One teacher said they were awesome.

No school thinking! I'm on holiday! Back! *gets rid of school thoughts*
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

9. - Top - End - #699

Hmm, I really shouldn't complain, should I?

As for school, well, I can't complain about that either. You may ask why, and I'll be happy to preempt you and tell you! You see, I go to school two nights a week, which means there's absolutely no reason for me to complain about it when I have 3 weekdays and weekends off.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vonriel View Post
    Oi, reminds of someone I once knew. She would hand out band-aids for everything, and I clearly recall seeing her place band-aids on someone who had been broken up with the night before. It was .. interesting, to say the least
    Hmmm, interesting. Where did she put it?

The downside of mustbrowseGITPforumine is that it's highly addictive.
    Yes it is! Is there a cure for that?

Quote Originally Posted by T'ze'hai View Post
    Ow and with my boyfriend I can always play the IdonfeelsogoodIjustwannahangarounditus
    Man, science should have solved that one by now What is taking them so long? :p

11. - Top - End - #701
    Orc in the Playground

Hmm, I really shouldn't complain, should I?

As for school, well, I can't complain about that either. You may ask why, and I'll be happy to preempt you and tell you! You see, I go to school two nights a week, which means there's absolutely no reason for me to complain about it when I have 3 weekdays and weekends off.
    Gah! But... why... that's not... fair...

*faints*

Ah well, I've got college soon. Atleast that has free periods.

I never was a doodler though. Only in math did boredominduceddoodleritus strike - my teacher was never pleased to see me or my book
    Last edited by Eldred; 2007-08-09 at 05:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeril View Post
    Congratulations! You leveled up in awesome!
    [Avatar by Ink] [Sig Doll by Kyace]

12. - Top - End - #702

Fun factoid of the day:

According to the NCHS, if all forms of major CVD were eliminated, life expectancy would rise by almost 7 years. If all forms of cancer were eliminated, the gain would be 3 years. According to the same study, the probability at birth of eventually dying from major CVD (I00–I78) is 47%, and the chance of dying from cancer is 22%. Additional probabilities are 3% for accidents, 2% for diabetes, and 0.7% for HIV.

*feels the need to go out jogging or something*

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

13. - Top - End - #703

Err, CVD? Forgive my ignorance, but my usual acronym-analyzer is malfunctioning in the heat. Ahh, it just clicked into place. Cardio-vascular disease, no?
    Last edited by Vonriel; 2007-08-09 at 05:17 PM.
    -Vonriel

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

Well diabetes and HIV won't directly kill you, but complications will. Which is too bad because ever diabetic complication is preventable after you get the disease.

15. - Top - End - #705

Awww man, heart disease runs in my family. This only makes the outlook more bleak.

16. - Top - End - #706

My family (on my mum's side) has a long case of heart and high blood pressure problems. In fact, I believe my grandfather was one of the first patients to get open heart surgery in Canada. A shame I never got to meet him, me being born 8 years after his death due to heart failure.
    Pokémon Stuff: FC 3093-8484-9162 | Friend Safari Sunkern, Swadloon, Quilladin | List of Pokémon
    B-Kachu: Oo! Inconspicuous cookie with a string attached to it! *nom*
    Last.fm | Steam ID | YouTube

Quotes inside:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • B-Man is frickin' kick-ass in person.
    • The Metric System is more Awesome than Americans, and you all know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    I'd respond, but I suddenly suspect that you are far too young to post here.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Ogre in the Playground

*calculates*

That means 25.3% of all people die by being run over by a steamroller. Sounds plausible.

18. - Top - End - #708

So it was you who kept talking about steamrollers in the Rock/Paper/Scissors thread! Jeeze.
    -Vonriel

19. - Top - End - #709
    Troll in the Playground

*calculates*

That means 25.3% of all people die by being run over by a steamroller. Sounds plausible.
    I won't be in that 25.3% because I'll be in a steamroller running people over.
    Last edited by Ego Slayer; 2007-08-09 at 06:18 PM.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

So it was you who kept talking about steamrollers in the Rock/Paper/Scissors thread! Jeeze.
    Although I'm perfectly capable of going on waaay to long about something like steamrollers, I seem to remember it was someone else. Not sure who, though.

I won't be in that 25.3% because I'll be in a steamroller running people over.
    Ergo, people driving steamrollers are 33.9% more likely to die of cancer, CVD, accidents, diabetes and HIV.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ettin in the Playground

My family doesn't have much history of CVD or cancer, and I have good enough reflexes to avoid most steamrollers! Yay!

Though we do have a history of strokes and Parkinson's disease. Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ettin in the Playground

Heart disease runs in my family as well...on my mom's side, until my grandfather's generation, not one man lived past the age of 65. Every single one died of a massive heart attack. My great-uncle had triple bypass surgery at age 51 and his two brothers went "Oh" and cracked down on their cholesterol.

The irony is that my grandfather's heart is now the healthiest part of him - he had prostate cancer 5 years ago, and then this spring some rare form of cancer that involved a 25-pound tumor in his belly. He's 64. He survived the surgery (four months ago), the first big step, but he's still only 140 pounds (he's 6'1") and the prognosis is about 4 years left for him even if he does regain some strength.

Anyway, at this point the heart disease is controllable, but that generation on my mom's side is full of people who've had cancer and if it IS genetic, then things don't look so good for us.

Modern medicine...we just live too long, our bodies start breaking down....

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ogre in the Playground

Somewhat useless fact:

Nicotine reduces your chances of getting Parkinson's disease.

I don't have to worry about getting diabetes >_> my mom had breast cancer, my paternal grandfather had colon cancer, and my uncle had testicular cancer. My maternal grandfather ended up having a quadruple bypass surgery, but it was due to a rare childhood illness he had. My maternal grandmother had every disease Mr. Burns had... I'm probably going to die 5 years ago.
    Last edited by SDF; 2007-08-09 at 07:01 PM.

24. - Top - End - #714

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Heart disease runs in my family as well...on my mom's side, until my grandfather's generation, not one man lived past the age of 65. Every single one died of a massive heart attack. My great-uncle had triple bypass surgery at age 51 and his two brothers went "Oh" and cracked down on their cholesterol.
    Heart disease is also on my mothers side. My grandfather had a heart attack when he was twentysomething. Scary isn't it. Depression also runs in my family. I've got alot to look foward to.

25. - Top - End - #715

Quote Originally Posted by SDF View Post
    Somewhat useless fact:

Nicotine reduces your chances of getting Parkinson's disease.
    Rawhide has let me borrow Anti-Stupid Science Man. And I have this belt of gender change left over from Gender Bender week... *click*

Anti-Stupid-Science Girl: The study that showed this had a very small sample size, and showed nothing more than a correlation between nicotine use and a slightly lower chance of getting parkinson's. It didn't control for other personality factors that come with nicotine use.

Needz more studiez plz.
    Last edited by Lilly; 2007-08-09 at 07:51 PM.
    Founding member of the Kaylee club. If your relationship with your batteries has been going on for almost a year now, you can join too! Strawberries and Big City Doctors for all!

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by emperor_mai View Post
    Scrubbing bubbles
    Well, we can't get into that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro
    Heart disease is also on my mothers side. My grandfather had a heart attack when he was twentysomething. Scary isn't it. Depression also runs in my family. I've got alot to look foward to
    Yeah, my family has some depression as well. I think my aunt was suicidal...though I'm not sure because I only know what my mom has told me and that's not much.

I think everyone has problems in their family because modern medicine has made it possible for people to survive things that should've killed them. I shouldn't be here, I had appendicitis when I was twelve. But I never would have been born, anyway, because my mom was in an oxygen tent as an infant and should have died. Of course, she'd never have been born either, both her parents had appendicitis as teens too....

Wow. That's a seriously weird concept.

Edit: @Lilly: Yeah. He also didn't say what the percentage was - it could be a .5% variation in which case it probably doesn't make a difference anyway.
    Last edited by Lilly; 2007-08-09 at 07:24 PM.

27. - Top - End - #717

Related fact:

Breathing decreases your risk of asphyxiation but increases your risk of death due to airborne disease.

My family doesn't really have a history of any hereditary diseases, so all I can say is that at some point I'll probably die due to complications from a case of acute death.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ettin in the Playground

OH MY GOD I have a blanket prediction to cover every single person on the form:

YOU ARE GOING TO DIE.

(cue various "fountain of youth" and "immortality" jokes )

29. - Top - End - #719
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    OH MY GOD I have a blanket prediction to cover every single person on the form:

YOU ARE GOING TO DIE.
    I decided I awhile ago that I am never going to die. I'm gonna turn 21, and say 21 until an asteroid hits the Earth or something.
    Last edited by Ego Slayer; 2007-08-09 at 07:35 PM.

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ettin in the Playground

I decided I awhile ago that I am never going to die. I'm gonna turn 21, and say 21 until an asteroid hits the Earth or something.
    Ego, your willpower is incredible. Uncredible, actually.