New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lilly's Lovely Random Banter #87

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Tee-hee. Also: Try Photobucket. You may find some fanart...

@FDL: You may be thinking of blackberries. Rasperies are possible, but also red.
    Oh, yeah. Let me ask wiki to see if they were those.

Edit: Yaay, blackberries ^^ A trip down memory lane with just a picture.
    Last edited by FdL; 2007-08-15 at 09:52 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Barbarian in the Playground

Not a big fan of the berry really, but I do love strawberries ... and thats about it on the berry thing for me We used to have a berry bush in the front garden, but then we got it paved over. No more berries. On a plus side it has kept all those annoying birds away >.<. Flapping all up in mah face

TenTen
    Spoiler
    Show

Fdl. Temari will be tommorow, its four in the morning and I be gong to bed now
    Last edited by Sean92k; 2007-08-15 at 10:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

This sean92k guy is either an illegal Mexican immigrant, an 8-year-old French kid or a Turkish bazaar salesman... I'll bet on my life that he is either of the three.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean92k View Post

Fdl. Temari will be tommorow, its four in the morning and I be gong to bed now
    Yay for the fishnet wearing bad girl! ^^
    Hmmm...Now that I think of this...What's with Naruto's "ninjas" wearing fishnets? I think some of the dudes do too. Not complaining about the girls because, duh, you don't need an excuse to wear fishnet stockings. Yay ^^

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FdL View Post
    Yay for the fishnet wearing bad girl! ^^
    Hmmm...Now that I think of this...What's with Naruto's "ninjas" wearing fishnets? I think some of the dudes do too. Not complaining about the girls because, duh, you don't need an excuse to wear fishnet stockings. Yay ^^
    You sicken me.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Banned

Ah, to be Running windows again, I almost missed the away messages.

6. - Top - End - #1116

Shikamaru wears fishnets and he's a boy, Anko wears them but she's a girl. I'm pretty sure Itachi has them under that claok

Fdl your Temari
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Sean92k; 2007-08-16 at 07:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

This sean92k guy is either an illegal Mexican immigrant, an 8-year-old French kid or a Turkish bazaar salesman... I'll bet on my life that he is either of the three.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Banned

Ah, Fishnets and Bandages, yup signs of Naruto ninjas if I ever did see one.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm afraid of pink elephants and Oompa-Loompa's
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

And rightly so. Vicious beasts, those pink elephants. And Oompa-Loompa's are pretty creepy.

10. - Top - End - #1120

Driving lesson tomorrow.

Someone tell em good things. I am nervous. Must... pass... damn... test.... gah.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I SAY.

Wish I could just get it over with rather than sit here chewing nails that no longer exist.
    (^")^ ¬<("v)

KIRBY SEZ DIS IZ A RAED

Spoiler
    Show

EeYarrrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by drKarling.

Sig'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by Magioth.

Spoiler'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate learner donkey by Sean92k.

If you've read this far, I guess that you just lost the game.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ettin in the Playground

Don't sit there worrying, study everything you might need to remember for it. Not only does it help, but it'll also keep you from worrying. If you have access to a car, I'd say practice, if you can do so safely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggy View Post
    Driving lesson tomorrow.

Someone tell em good things. I am nervous. Must... pass... damn... test.... gah.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I SAY.

Wish I could just get it over with rather than sit here chewing nails that no longer exist.
    You control the car, not vice versa. It is a loyal, silent, mindless servant that will only do what you command it to. Know what you are doing, know what the car can do, know the rules of the road, and you will be fine.

Yes the instructor has dual-controls; but if you are taking in what he tell you, and you're using your own good sense, he shouldn't never need to touch them.

Do not panic. If you feel like you are going to panic during a lesson then pull over and stop the car. A panicked person in control of a car is a bad thing. The instructor (if he is worth the $$$s you're paying him) will understand this.

Oh, and assume that every other road user is an idiot who will do the stupidest thing they can. This teaches the necessary caution that will keep you safe when some prat inevitably lives up to this expectation.

Good luck and don't sweat the driving test. Unless you're in Egypt (their test: drive 200 yards along the road without driving into the Nile) you ~really should~ fail first time: no-one's truly fit to be on the road until they've a) failed a test, or b) had an accident.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Relax. Don't panic. Don't think about it, you've practiced all the moves so you should know them all very well. Don't let exam stress get the better of you. It'll go fine.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Banned

What are you talking about? It was well over a year before my first at fault accident after getting my License, and I passed my Drivers test(With Flying colors). A person's only fit to drive on the road if they can realize there are other drivers that actually want to get places.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Idiotarum View Post
    What are you talking about? It was well over a year before my first at fault accident after getting my License, and I passed my Drivers test(With Flying colors).
    And did you drive more carefully before, or after you had your accident Rex? And how many near misses, "that idiot!" moments and the like did you have before you actually had the bump?

This is entirely rhetorical. I don't expect an answer and I certainly ain't dissing your driving. I'm just saying it's ~more~ likely that you were really lucky than anything else when it came to beating the statistical spread for accidents.

A person's only fit to drive on the road if they can realize there are other drivers that actually want to get places.
    Agree wholeheartedly. Combine that with "every road user is a *potential* idiot" caution and a little common courtesy, and you have probably the perfect recipe for safe driving.

Worst drivers I've ever seen: the ones who thing the accelerator is the answer to every problem they encounter. You know the type. Lights are changing? Boot it! Narrow gap to negotiate at a junction or on-ramp? Boot it! Emerging into oncoming traffic? Boot it!

There is a time and a place to drive hard and fast (ie: in a car that's designed for it, and on a light traffic road), but these guys are just accidents waiting to happen. Never a copper or Gatso where you really need one.
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2007-08-16 at 01:41 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Banned

I've hit a few Mailboxes, and almost failed my drivers test because of my one fault. Since then I alway take a Pull through or End Space when parking. My biggest problem is going in reverse. As for driving more carefully, meh, I drive smart. People driving carefully can get too zealous at it and not actually drive to drive anywhere. If you want to drive carefully, that's okay, just get out of my way.

I've stated before, I realized no one really cares about me, and before you react with pity, I say that includes me. I can lie dead in a ditch for all I care. So I don't fear that stuff, I focus on the road and drive. I get so into it some times that I black out only to realize I'm near my destination.

And screw you, I'm that type of people.
    Last edited by Rex Idiotarum; 2007-08-16 at 01:47 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm taking my practical test next Tuesday, my written test probably tomorrow. So Hoggy, we're in the same boat.

I'm not TOO worried...there are just some things that I need to remember, like that they'll fail you straight off if you don't look over your shoulder crossing the railroad tracks. Or slow down in the school zone even though it's summer, because there's a daycare.

Well, I had an accident my first day ever in the driver's seat (read: totaled my dad's car), and I can absolutely say that once I got over the trauma, it made me a MUCH better (read: more cautious) driver.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

I still owe my mum some repairings that were made to the car due to my lack of experience calculating the space the car would use... Really, that must be the most difficult thing there is when learning to drive...
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

19. - Top - End - #1129

It's not so much the driving, I can do that fine. Had lessons for a while, according to my DI I should have taken the test in end June/early July time, but had trouble getting it booked with dear mother. Hate.

It's just the nagging fear that I'm gonna balls it up on one silly mistake, which me being me, I'm perfectly liable to doing.

And I gotta say, I'd probably agree with rex: there's a thing as over-caution. It gets you nowhere, and can earn you minors in tests.
    (^")^ ¬<("v)

KIRBY SEZ DIS IZ A RAED

Spoiler
    Show

EeYarrrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by drKarling.

Sig'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate donkey by Magioth.

Spoiler'd EeYarrrr the one-eyed pirate learner donkey by Sean92k.

If you've read this far, I guess that you just lost the game.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ettin in the Playground

Daaaaang. I just watched the "informational DVD" about driving and now I'm mad. At them. Because it's supposed to help you "become a better driver", but it's just 5 or six stories of teenagers who killed people by making the one mistake that wrapped their car around a telephone pole.

I call it driver education by electroshock therapy, and it TICKS ME OFF! They did it in drivers' ed, too. How about instead of telling us what COULD HAPPEN if we make a mistake, explain to us how to AVOID THE MISTAKE?!?! OR SOMETHING?!?! Because all that DVD is going to do is make me scared and I don't wanna be scared! I drive worse when I'm scared!

I'm working myself up here, don't mind me...

Seriously though. Teenager does not equal stupid. Unwise, yes. But not stupid. I saw all this last fall in drivers' ed, how about an informational DVD on how to pass the freaking test, not on people like me who died?

21. - Top - End - #1131

I haven't started lessons yet. I should get round to doing that really.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Huh. I took the Young Driver's course here in Canada. If memory serves, they had a list of 20 "Do this" sort of things to avoid problems before they start (safe following distance, checking mirrors, planning your route out, etc), and the last one was essentially "If all else fails, check your mirror and hit the breaks, or otherwise get out of the way!"

It's common sense sort of stuff, but common sense isn't all that, well, common.
    This is a boring signature.
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES
    EXPLODED RUNES
    PICTURE OF A CAT
    EXPLOSIVE RUNES

23. - Top - End - #1133

Bosssmiley, does it count if you were in an accident with a friend's car? Because that was still scary as hell. If I could recall what actually happened during the accident, it probably wouldn't have been that scary, but I can't recall anything that happened from like 2 seconds before the accident until the cars were at a complete stop, and for some reason that scares me. However, I have yet to get into an accident while I've been driving, and I passed all my driver's tests the first time. So if the above doesn't apply, I guess I'm an anomaly?

Generally, other drivers are either decent enough drivers - don't accelerate when you go to pass them, get out of your way when you're coming up behind them, signal lane changes.. - crappy drivers - they do the opposite of the decent drivers - or overcautious drivers - these are the ones going ten miles below the speed limit in the fast lane. Of course, my experience is almost exclusively interstate driving, so... take it as you will. I tend to take notice of the crappy drivers, but I do see a fair amount of decent drivers. *shrug* Weird.
    Last edited by Vonriel; 2007-08-16 at 02:48 PM.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

24. - Top - End - #1134

In my 20 years of driving history I have:

Sideswiped a 5' concrete sign my third day behind the wheel.
    Rearended some poor bloke who was going to turn, but didn't.
    Flipped a rental car at 80mph.
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Orc in the Playground

Someone at our sixth form managed to flip their car upside down. Twice. A few months after passing her test, and a few weeks apart. Luckily, she was uninjured both times, but I think she got shocked into being more careful
    New Avatar by Dr. Bath. Many thanks

Spoiler
    Show

Ki-Glaivemaster by Quincunx

See the real Glaivemaster

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkin View Post
    Greek Gorgons certainly did not look like big metal cows.

26. - Top - End - #1136

Im lucky never even so much as a scracth or bumped fender on any car ive ever been in. Im like a rabbits foot for driving.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Halfling in the Playground

You flipped a rental car? That musta been expensive..

I can't drive, so i don't have any stories

I AM the dread pirate llamarts.

28. - Top - End - #1138

Actually... no. If you get the insurance (It's what.. 30 bucks?) you can total the car and they'll bring you a shiny new one.
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

29. - Top - End - #1139

Yep. Insurance. Though it was actually closer to $100 for the insurance. Didn't have to pay a dime for the car. Got a lovely scar on my hand out of the deal, though.
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1140

I've never been in an accident before, but I think that's probably more dumb luck than good driving. I've had a couple close calls where I almost switched lanes into another car, but nothing recently. I've definitely gotten better in the year and a half I've been driving, and I'm much more aware of what's going on now.