New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master?

I used some Golden Apples to blitz through the event, and I managed to clear the level 50 extra mission just barely, I can probably do it reliably with some better prep.

Got enough candles to buy one extra Elisabeth in the process, now to grind out everything else in the event.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

so i used the quartz from this event to do another pull and... hah, called it i am incapable of pulling a banner 5 star. got jeanne instead. also got a tamamo cat which i like. like her better than herc though herc is technically better in most cases. also got the black grail so after this even bonny and read will be pretty awesome though i really need an atalanta now.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

So i went for my last ten pull, and i got a crap ton of servants again...and Vlad.

So apparently the game wants me to have Vlad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

I ended deciding to dump all my quartz in this gatcha as I didn't have anyone I am really saving for. At least not in the foreseeable future. Managed to get Tammano with my last single roll on this banner. So happy

1 event craft essences from my 120 quartzs + 8 summoning tickets + 80k friend points all spent on the friend point summoning... so that was a bit of a let down though
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

How are people doing on their Halloween event grinding? So far I've got all the important stuff out of the shop (the 5-star CEs, Liz, her Ascension materials) but no luck on getting the CEs to drop so I can finish them off.

....I'm also now missing a lot of the apples I've been saving since Grand Order first dropped, but a worthy sacrifice!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

i've only used one apple but i have all but one of the elizibeths and all her ascension materials. i'm grabing the CEs now, should have pleny of time to grab that crystallized lore later.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

I used a few apples, I think I only have one Liz left to get, but I need to work on getting the CEs too. I grabbed the cake one first because yeesh, 500 cakes?

It was nice of the event to hand out several apples too.

Factotum Variants!

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

i'm waiting on the cake one because the various other materials trade into a number of cakes depending on their value

Current avatar by me

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Making headway, most of the way to getting the CEs (gonna get those before i grab the Baths). My only issue is getting Pumpkins to drop, lots and lots of Candles and bats though
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Making headway, most of the way to getting the CEs (gonna get those before i grab the Baths). My only issue is getting Pumpkins to drop, lots and lots of Candles and bats though
    Yeah I can't reliably beat the tougher extra missions to get Pumpkin drops, the side ones have been nice for that though.

Factotum Variants!

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I used a few apples, I think I only have one Liz left to get, but I need to work on getting the CEs too. I grabbed the cake one first because yeesh, 500 cakes?

It was nice of the event to hand out several apples too.
    This event is gonna give a lot of apples from what I've heard.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #342
    Halfling in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    Yaaaa I have essentially given up trying to farm enough of those two final ascend my herc.

Good news: The GUDAGUDA Honnouji Event should allow you to purchase them.
    Bad News: In ran in november in Japan and frankly due to how it's a gag manga that hasn't been translated to my knowledge it's not likely they will run it in the American version. Maybe we will get a different event to compensate? Neither Halloween/Christmas events allow you to purchase the talons if I remember correctly.
    That was a rumour that got blown out of proportion because the person posting it mixed together the news they had and their theorizing/extrapolating from said news (and then put all of that in a post marked as 'news'). What the staff actually said is that they intend to do the GUDAGUDA event, but they have to work out how to handle translating a lot of the references and in-jokes relating to the magazine it stems from. Similar case regarding the CCC Collaboration that happens during the Epic of Remnant arc.
    Last edited by Tsuzurao; 2017-10-18 at 07:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuzurao View Post
    That was a rumour that got blown out of proportion because the person posting it mixed together the news they had and their theorizing/extrapolating from said news (and then put all of that in a post marked as 'news'). What the staff actually said is that they intend to do the GUDAGUDA event, but they have to work out how to handle translating a lot of the references and in-jokes relating to the magazine it stems from. Similar case regarding the CCC Collaboration that happens during the Epic of Remnant arc.
    Oh, thanks for the correction I am glad. I need some of the items they sell in that event
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

I used some Golden Apples to blitz through the event, and I managed to clear the level 50 extra mission just barely, I can probably do it reliably with some better prep.

Got enough candles to buy one extra Elisabeth in the process, now to grind out everything else in the event.
    Is that the 2 (Lanzer) Elizabeths plus 400khp Caster Elizabeth?

How come did you unlock it? I haven't been able to play that free quest yet, and I've been powerfarming (with no results, by the way) for Pumpkin Lanterns since day 1.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

the gatcha hates me. i scrounged up enough for one more pull, and got a drake. that makes it so now i have gotten 5 five star servants all of which were gotten during banners with a different five star with rate up. i just wanted a fluffy tailed caster.

Current avatar by me

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

I'm convinced the 10 pull rate up is a lie. Of all the 5 stars I got only 1 was on a 10 pull, and I've only gotten 1 4star servant from them too. All I get is high star CEs
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Is that the 2 (Lanzer) Elizabeths plus 400khp Caster Elizabeth?

How come did you unlock it? I haven't been able to play that free quest yet, and I've been powerfarming (with no results, by the way) for Pumpkin Lanterns since day 1.
    Uh, no just the caster Elizabeths from the event. And the level 50 mission is the refight against cat maid.

Factotum Variants!

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

welp get ready to clench latter, there is a level 80 mission with a 400k hp caster beth. my plan is to take it down with my now 4th ascended bonny and read. though they are still level 70 cause i don't want to waste the ap on exp fights atm.

Current avatar by me

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    the gatcha hates me. i scrounged up enough for one more pull, and got a drake. that makes it so now i have gotten 5 five star servants all of which were gotten during banners with a different five star with rate up. i just wanted a fluffy tailed caster.
    If you're not trolling, you sound like you're trolling, because in Japanese social games it's general knowledge that 5-stars are but an urban legend, and that pulling one (even if it's not one with rate-up) is lucky enough to be proud of.

(And Drake is probably THE best Rider in the US Version yet. Even in the Japanese version she remains the best AoE Rider by far, though there are other powerful 1-target NP Riders out there.)
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gastronomie View Post
    If you're not trolling, you sound like you're trolling, because in Japanese social games it's general knowledge that 5-stars are but an urban legend, and that pulling one (even if it's not one with rate-up) is lucky enough to be proud of.

(And Drake is probably THE best Rider in the US Version yet. Even in the Japanese version she remains the best AoE Rider by far, though there are other powerful 1-target NP Riders out there.)
    Neo isn't trolling, the rate up on banners is a lie for them. Also Caster Cu is an urban legend in banner pulls
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gastronomie View Post

yes, but do i need a second one? also how well does she fit into my team? and how does her damage compare to the other aoe servants i have? and does she have a fluffy tail? (ok, i know that last one sounds like trolling, but no. fluffy tails are a very serious thing to consider.
    Edit:also i really love kitsune especially the ones like tamamo no mea who are not too beastly)
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2017-10-19 at 12:54 PM.

Current avatar by me

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

yes, but do i need a second one? also how well does she fit into my team? and how does her damage compare to the other aoe servants i have? and does she have a fluffy tail? (ok, i know that last one sounds like trolling, but no. fluffy tails are a very serious thing to consider.
    Edit:also i really love kitsune especially the ones like tamamo no mea who are not too beastly)
    There are a lot of sites that do a pretty good job of evaluating Servants. You can generally have those questions answered by looking into them.

In terms of "Do I need a second one?" Generally, getting a second high-star Servant is a good thing, because the returns on a level 2 NP are significant. (After that, less so.)

In terms of, "How well does she fit into my team?" Depends on the team. Two Arts cards, plus Golden Rule and Pioneer of the Stars, means she charges NP well, and works well in an NP- or Arts-oriented team. Two Buster cards, and a Buster-type NP, means she can contribute well to high-damage Buster chains. Pioneer of the Stars, plus a strong Quick card and good crit star absorption, means that she can throw out crits very efficiently, putting her in good company on any crit-oriented team. In short, she fits into most teams.

In terms of, "How does her damage compare to other AoE Servants?" She's a Rider, which means her base damage is lower than, say, a Saber or Berserker. That said, her max ATK is surprisingly high, easily putting her in the top 5 (top 10 after Grails are considered). And her NP damage is fairly solid. So, in all likelihood, the answer is, "Pretty well, thanks."

But yeah. Sitting there complaining about the Drake you got is kind of bad form, chief.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    There are a lot of sites that do a pretty good job of evaluating Servants. You can generally have those questions answered by looking into them.

In terms of "Do I need a second one?" Generally, getting a second high-star Servant is a good thing, because the returns on a level 2 NP are significant. (After that, less so.)

In terms of, "How well does she fit into my team?" Depends on the team. Two Arts cards, plus Golden Rule and Pioneer of the Stars, means she charges NP well, and works well in an NP- or Arts-oriented team. Two Buster cards, and a Buster-type NP, means she can contribute well to high-damage Buster chains. Pioneer of the Stars, plus a strong Quick card and good crit star absorption, means that she can throw out crits very efficiently, putting her in good company on any crit-oriented team. In short, she fits into most teams.

In terms of, "How does her damage compare to other AoE Servants?" She's a Rider, which means her base damage is lower than, say, a Saber or Berserker. That said, her max ATK is surprisingly high, easily putting her in the top 5 (top 10 after Grails are considered). And her NP damage is fairly solid. So, in all likelihood, the answer is, "Pretty well, thanks."

But yeah. Sitting there complaining about the Drake you got is kind of bad form, chief.
    i have looked into my servants.

the primary benefit from drake getting a higher level np is overcharge which is crit stars, the damage boost is not much.

my crit team already features a much better crit rider, making it so i would be more likely to use her if i specifically need an anti caster team.

a lot of my aoe servants are berserkers and sabers

and i never complained about the drake, i complained about this stupid gotcha's mythical rate up. finally, i may have come across badly but if you want to say i'm in bad form examine how you come across.

Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

Later on in the game, certain enemies use NP-reducing skills, which is when servants with NP level 2 and higher shine (because they can get to over 100% NP, and even if their NP is a bit reduced there's no problem).
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

welp get ready to clench latter, there is a level 80 mission with a 400k hp caster beth. my plan is to take it down with my now 4th ascended bonny and read. though they are still level 70 cause i don't want to waste the ap on exp fights atm.
    Yeah I won't be touching that one thank you.

I love how enemy servants can just use their 'Boost NP Gauge' skills twice in a row and then unleash their NP on you before you buff to stop it. That's really fun.

Factotum Variants!

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

I love how enemy servants can just use their 'Boost NP Gauge' skills twice in a row and then unleash their NP on you before you buff to stop it. That's really fun.
    Just another reason i like Caster Cu. 3 shot Evasion is god tier. Just need his Strengthening quest so i can get him a self NP charge.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

If you are having serious problems with enemies like that, use the Lunar Sea mystic code. Its ability to make an enemy immune to buffs should work on their 'Boost NP Gauge' skills as well.

Also, for the future Super-Liz, if you have Carmilla its a great time to bust her out. Sure she has type disadvantage against her younger self, but her NP is still a chance to insta-kill any female servant which class resistance does not affect.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    If you are having serious problems with enemies like that, use the Lunar Sea mystic code. Its ability to make an enemy immune to buffs should work on their 'Boost NP Gauge' skills as well.

Also, for the future Super-Liz, if you have Carmilla its a great time to bust her out. Sure she has type disadvantage against her younger self, but her NP is still a chance to insta-kill any female servant which class resistance does not affect.
    Carmila is great, im so glad i picked her for that Summoner Campaign.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Carmila is great, im so glad i picked her for that Summoner Campaign.
    Missed the chance to take advantage of that sadly, and I'd kill to have Martha or Carmilla to help me out.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Missed the chance to take advantage of that sadly, and I'd kill to have Martha or Carmilla to help me out.
    Martha is really, really underwhelming right now. She needs her Strengthening Quest and she'll be an amazing support.
    Show