New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Well Saber Wars is over, I only got up to 2 Lilies myself, but I'll take it.

And the 2-million draw was supremely disappointing. Two Golden Millennium Trees (which are useless if you can't heal that extra HP) and a bunch of 3-star servants I already had.
    I got one, and everything else was 3 stars i have and two 4 star CEs i have maxed. Woo my luck is back /sarcasm. Apparently it all went into getting me Salter and Heroine X, but i am once again stuck with my Cu Lancers, which is sad as i rather like Brynhildr, shes hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

i'm down on my luck, over the last several hundred quartz these past months, the only new thing i've pulled besides event CEs, is heaven's feel.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Well Saber Wars is over, I only got up to 2 Lilies myself, but I'll take it.

And the 2-million draw was supremely disappointing. Two Golden Millennium Trees (which are useless if you can't heal that extra HP) and a bunch of 3-star servants I already had.
    Effects that increase your total HP also heal that much amount.

No, not that Golden Millenium Tree is good or anything, it's still trash, but just pointing it out. It is certainly important for some particular servants (like Tawara no Touta, and Merlin, and Merlin, and Merlin, and Merlin. Plus Merlin.)
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground

Bryn is here, woohoo!

Then I realize I only have five tickets for her and she won't appear again for almost two years.

I did not pull Bryn and now I am sad.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #725
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

6. - Top - End - #726
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    Gah, how am I supposed to grind embers will all these constant event coming up?
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Well managed to get afew quartz after clearing the last of the London missions and ended up getting Lancelot and Heavens feel which are pretty good. When the Berserker gold card came up I was really hoping it would be Beowulf but I suppose Lancelot is ok to.

I'm honestly tempted to get Hektor up to the max level with grails, max his NP+ ability and then give him Heavens feel just because I think it would be somewhat funny. In other news Lily with a level 3 NP or Nero with a level 1 what are peoples opinions?

Gah, how am I supposed to grind embers will all these constant event coming up?
    This event doesn't have any quests to go with it apart from afew 5 ap ones and is Half AP for ember quests so now would probably be a good time.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

So im going through Ember gathering so i can boost Santa Alter and Saber Alter to functionality, and i just ran the same team through it with one change. I bummed a friends Jack instead of Mysterious Heroine and it seems like Jack is worse. Like, Heroine seems to make more stars and she seems to hit harder, is it just me or is Heroine generally better?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #729
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    So im going through Ember gathering so i can boost Santa Alter and Saber Alter to functionality, and i just ran the same team through it with one change. I bummed a friends Jack instead of Mysterious Heroine and it seems like Jack is worse. Like, Heroine seems to make more stars and she seems to hit harder, is it just me or is Heroine generally better?
    Their stats are pretty much the same, so it's probably just levels and CEs.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    without accounting for skills and CEs, jack should make more stars on quick and buster cards due to more hits. jack's crit star generation is a negligable .4% better after accounting for passive skills. their damage should be about the same before fou cards, CEs, levels, and skills. though mysteruious heroine X does more damage on quick cards due to her riding skill and given 3 of jacks cards are quick, overall X will do more damage.

edit: i was really hoping valentines would actually be in february, so i could get another 20 drop of quartz. I doubt my 250 quartz will get me nero bride especially with the dead luck i've had lately.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2018-01-19 at 06:52 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    without accounting for skills and CEs, jack should make more stars on quick and buster cards due to more hits. jack's crit star generation is a negligable .4% better after accounting for passive skills. their damage should be about the same before fou cards, CEs, levels, and skills. though mysteruious heroine X does more damage on quick cards due to her riding skill and given 3 of jacks cards are quick, overall X will do more damage.
    Again, it's a case of niches. Jack really shines against female Servants; when her Anti-Female ability triggers, she becomes an absolute blender. X, by contrast, really shines against Saberfaces.

There's also the matter of skillset, which we really should discuss. Jack has a great all-around skillset, with an Evade/+Quick button, a debuff button, and a heal button, meaning that she has good utility and survivability. X gets a delayed chance to stun button, which is... Potentially useful, if it triggers? She also gets a crit star generator, which is okay and upgrades to invincibility plus crit stars, which is good, as well as an Anti-Saber button, which is nice against Sabers.

Here's the thing - we already have something that hurts Sabers. They're called Archers. Also, if you did the Honnouji event, you ought to have at least one Nobu, who is an Archer with bonus damage to those with Riding. ProTip: That includes most Saberfaces. So as far as niches go, X is a bit duplicative - yes, she's good against Riders and Saberfaces, but Nobu already does that, and Nobu has a more functional skillset.

But back on point, yeah, the general takeaway is that Jack is better at crit star generation, whereas X has superior Quick damage. Given the chance to generate stars, Jack will probably shine more; given the chance to draw Quick cards (and keep in mind that X only has two of those), X will shine. Jack's damage spikes, but if you put her on a crit team those spikes will be solid; X deals consistent damage, with lower peaks but higher valleys. It is worth noting that X's NP does, by default, have a higher damage multiplier after upgrading; on the other hand, Jack's ignores DEF. So, again, different niches.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

About Nobu I think the damage he does is bugged, even against sabers with the riding skill I'm luck to break 12k against a single target and that's with a level 5 buster phantasm at level 60. Meanwhile Alexander does that much damage even with his fairly poor level 1 phantasm.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    About Nobu I think the damage he does is bugged, even against sabers with the riding skill I'm luck to break 12k against a single target and that's with a level 5 buster phantasm at level 60. Meanwhile Alexander does that much damage even with his fairly poor level 1 phantasm.
    Nobu's NP, even at rank 5, deals fairly low base damage. By way of comparison, Nobu's NP5 has a 500% damage multiplier (+200% versus Riding) over 10 hits. EMIYA's post-upgrade NP deals higher damage than that. Contrast that with X, who at NP1 has a 12-hit 1600% multiplier (+150% versus Saberface), but single target. Alexander, who you cite, at NP1 has a 600% multiplier, 800% after upgrade, and that's AoE.

Yes, ST NPs are the way to make things die. And yes, welfare Servants are not generally as good as summoned ones. Given.

Nobu is a welfare Servant. She is pretty good for a welfare Servant, but obviously she is still one. She is, however, pretty solid within her niche - good against Sabers, good against Riding (which includes many Sabers), and good against Divine (which includes multiple Sabers and, interestingly, multiple Riders). With a weaker AoE NP, she's good for sweeping, but not necessarily good for taking down powerful bosses - you need an ST NP for that. You do tend to get that with Assassins, and X delivers on that point. That said, Nobu's skillset is still decent (party NP charge boost, bonus versus Divine, crit damage/absorption boost), as compared with X's, which is... Complicated.

But yeah. There's a reason it's not generally recommended to Grail Archers. Their ATK and damage don't spike the way that some other classes do.

Unless Nobu is your waifu. In which case she is Best Girl, and deserves ALL THE GRAILS. Never neglect your waifu.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Nobu's NP, even at rank 5, deals fairly low base damage. By way of comparison, Nobu's NP5 has a 500% damage multiplier (+200% versus Riding) over 10 hits. EMIYA's post-upgrade NP deals higher damage than that. Contrast that with X, who at NP1 has a 12-hit 1600% multiplier (+150% versus Saberface), but single target. Alexander, who you cite, at NP1 has a 600% multiplier, 800% after upgrade, and that's AoE.

Yes, ST NPs are the way to make things die. And yes, welfare Servants are not generally as good as summoned ones. Given.

Nobu is a welfare Servant. She is pretty good for a welfare Servant, but obviously she is still one. She is, however, pretty solid within her niche - good against Sabers, good against Riding (which includes many Sabers), and good against Divine (which includes multiple Sabers and, interestingly, multiple Riders). With a weaker AoE NP, she's good for sweeping, but not necessarily good for taking down powerful bosses - you need an ST NP for that. You do tend to get that with Assassins, and X delivers on that point. That said, Nobu's skillset is still decent (party NP charge boost, bonus versus Divine, crit damage/absorption boost), as compared with X's, which is... Complicated.

But yeah. There's a reason it's not generally recommended to Grail Archers. Their ATK and damage don't spike the way that some other classes do.

Unless Nobu is your waifu. In which case she is Best Girl, and deserves ALL THE GRAILS. Never neglect your waifu.
    I had suspected that the Welfare Servants were a little weaker. Though Santa Alter still does pretty great damage for me. It's sad that a good chunk of my 4* servants are welfare servants. I need to go through and see what I have exactly and figure out who i need to work on boosting up. Aside from Nero and Jack of course...

Factotum Variants!

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

I had suspected that the Welfare Servants were a little weaker. Though Santa Alter still does pretty great damage for me. It's sad that a good chunk of my 4* servants are welfare servants. I need to go through and see what I have exactly and figure out who i need to work on boosting up. Aside from Nero and Jack of course...
    Yeah. And admittedly, they occupy niches - Nobu's a good example of that, and Santa Alter is certainly a more offense-oriented Rider than, say, Martha. But generally, welfare Servants will be weaker - Saber Lily is a perfect example. Vitrually any Saber is better than her. Heck, even Caesar has merits as a substitute for her. (His NP at level 1 deals twice the damage of hers at level 5, his base stats (but not max) are actually higher than hers, and as a 3-star Servant he's pretty easy to max.) As a general rule, if you have a good 4-star of whatever class, they're probably better than a welfare Servant in that class, barring niche considerations. (Again, consider Santa Alter vs. Martha.)

Short version, though? Boost a gold (SR or SSR) servant for every class. Don't grail unless you have a real winner (e.g. Heracles, Jalter). Don't neglect your waifu. And if the best you have in a class is a welfare Servant, that's still pretty good.

You know. Unless it's Saber Lily.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

I've found that Nobu and X are terrifying together, especially when I toss Hassan in for more Crits, cuz I'm then reliably getting like 45+ stars. Granted there's two fragments of 2030 in play, but that's what you do.

Also I got Fionn, so I finally have a 4 star saber, and he's not even bad especially post interlude
    Show

17. - Top - End - #737
    Troll in the Playground

I am disappointed, hundreds of saved up quartz and the only servant i got above 3 stars was one duplicate 4 star

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #738
    Troll in the Playground

All right, I can spare one 10-pull for Chocolate madness...and I got Elisabeth! I have a 4* lancer now, NICE!

Factotum Variants!

19. - Top - End - #739
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

270 SQs and 48 tickets later - Carmilla, Nursery Rhyme and duplicate Tamamo. Also, 4x of the 5* CE, 7x of the 4* CE and like 15x of the 3*....sigh.

Why Umu! Why won't you come home.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So are there any servants that give + drops this time around or is it all CEs?

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    So are there any servants that give + drops this time around or is it all CEs?
    It looks like it's all CEs. Prepare to grind.

Factotum Variants!

22. - Top - End - #742
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Plays first few missions*

Oh, this is one of those events then...
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post

Yeah...

I mean, on the one hand, the story bits are as entertaining as always, but... sheesh, the sheer magnitude of the grind. And this isn't even one of those where we grind a handful of things, like Saber Wars was - no, we're grinding all the things. This is going to be legitimately painful. And the rewards are... upgrade mats, event CEs which do nothing except increase material drops (and serve as CE exp fodder), and the Melty Sweet Heart CE, which is frankly... Okay? I mean, star generating CEs are a thing, and Holy Shroud is a thing, and this is... sort of both... so...

... no, not really worth it. I mean, I'm probably going to run this event ragged anyway, but I'm going to hate myself for it.

Just like overeating chocolate!

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post

Yeah pretty much my thought. Are the servant-specific chocolates even worth getting? Heck is the CE even worth getting? I was able to do the level 50 Caster/Assassin/Rider/Berserker farm just fine, but the Lancer/Saber/Archer one keeps giving me a dragon in stage 2 that just eats through my servants.

I mean, if they aren't that worth getting I'll just go for the ascension mats and exp cards...

Factotum Variants!

25. - Top - End - #745

Yeah pretty much my thought. Are the servant-specific chocolates even worth getting? Heck is the CE even worth getting? I was able to do the level 50 Caster/Assassin/Rider/Berserker farm just fine, but the Lancer/Saber/Archer one keeps giving me a dragon in stage 2 that just eats through my servants.

I mean, if they aren't that worth getting I'll just go for the ascension mats and exp cards...
    Why would you not want to get chocolates from all of your Servants?

This event isn't as much about getting anything useful mechanically (though I am very glad to see phoenix feathers in the store), but rather about having fun with your Servants and enjoying chocolate together.
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Why would you not want to get chocolates from all of your Servants?

This event isn't as much about getting anything useful mechanically (though I am very glad to see phoenix feathers in the store), but rather about having fun with your Servants and enjoying chocolate together.
    The problem is having time/patience to farm 1500+ choco coins more than anything.

Factotum Variants!

27. - Top - End - #747

The problem is having time/patience to farm 1500+ choco coins more than anything.
    Do it for love.

EDIT: I think I have 3300 Choco Coins to farm overall
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2018-01-25 at 02:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    Do it for love.
    Basically this.

Ultimately, FGO is a waifu-battle simulator - whaling until you get your waifu, plying her with gifts (embers and ascension mats), battling alongside her, increasing your Bond level, learning her likes and dislikes... It should be no surprise that you'd want to give your waifu chocolate.

I mean... You do want to give your waifu chocolate, don't you?

You know, I joke about it, but it really does feel like this event was aimed specifically at those who wanted to deito with their waifus... And I don't know how to feel about that.

Because I can't give chocolate to Bersercar.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yea there's not much mechanically useful and while the CE's are fairly funny they're abit too expensive to be worthwhile.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Titan in the Playground

I may grind a tad, to get Mats, but otherwise i have XP to get.
    Show