New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order - Are you my Master?

Honestly I just wanted Orion because I actually like her and my only other Archer is Robin Hood. And no I don't count Arash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Honestly I just wanted Orion because I actually like her and my only other Archer is Robin Hood. And no I don't count Arash
    If you want Orion, you can't reasonably expect her on two 10-pulls. Even with the slightly increased odds and the guaranteed 4 star+, you're looking at like 2% odds of the specific 5 star servant you want. maybe. Possibly even lower. You'd need to drop a good chunk of cash to get specific servants. That's the whole financial structure of the game. Everything is totally playable for free, you can win without stuff, and if you just stick with it over time, you'll eventually get lucky on something. But if you want your waifu, you gotta shell out a bunch of cash.

Edit: For comparison, while I did get lucky and get Orion via 11 summon tickets on this event, I started the game rerolling for a 5-star, and that took me almost 3 hours of constant resetting. I think I wound up doing ~20 rerolls, each of which had 2x10 pull after the starting pull due to the game starting you with 60 quartz at that point. It took me that long to get any 5-star servant.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2017-08-23 at 12:33 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    True. It's why it almost feels like a relief when the Saint Quartz flow slows to a trickle - there's no longer a pressure to pull well on a banner.

I have my handful of 4-star Servants, no 5-stars, and I'm pretty unlikely to get another... Basically ever, barring freebies. My first reaction to that was tremendous frustration - a game like this, all about awesome Servants, should let me have awesome Servants. (See my rant upthread.)

But the fact is, there are very few useless Servants. Even a 3-star or 2-star has particular uses. And once you've reconciled yourself to the fact that you're probably not getting anymore 4- or 5-star Servants without spending real money, there's a certain feeling of relief. You can work on leveling up your best characters and not worry about getting new ones. You can plot out your teams based on what you have, rather than what you might have. And if you do miraculously get another 4- or 5-star, it's an exciting and unexpected treat, not something you were hotly anticipating and whaling for.

It's why, for example, I felt comfortable max-Ascending my EMIYA, despite knowing that there are other more powerful Archers out there (e.g. Gilgamesh). I'm confident that he's basically all I have, other than Robin and Arash, so I feel good building him up.

If it sounds a bit fatalistic, well... That kind of futility is kind of the tone of the franchise. So, appropriate, I guess?
    Yeah this is my philosophy. Gold Servants are nice, but the fact of the matter is you've got to gamble large amounts of money to get them with anything short of a miracle (and I did get Altera with one of those miracles. I was TRYING for Nero, but any good luck is still good luck). If I were rich enough to invest in this game, I'd care, but I'm not, so I won't.

At least it isn't Avengers Academy, where you have to specifically buy paid heroes in order to effectively grind the events to get the materials to unlock "free" heroes and do their equivalent of Ascension. And sometimes some of these guys are in gacha crates for no real reason other than to make me angry. Also, everyone who isn't story related is either paid-only or limited. Screw that game. Screw it and the forty bucks or so I dropped on parallel universe Spider-Men.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2017-08-23 at 01:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

I GOT ORION!!!!!!!!

I just got my Tenth Summon ticket (cuz i thought i could do a 10 pull) so i made my 10 pulls, I got some nice stuff, a few craft essences i wanted, a Robin Hood, and on the last pull, i got Orion. I am so happy i literally 'squeed'
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

I GOT ORION!!!!!!!!

I just got my Tenth Summon ticket (cuz i thought i could do a 10 pull) so i made my 10 pulls, I got some nice stuff, a few craft essences i wanted, a Robin Hood, and on the last pull, i got Orion. I am so happy i literally 'squeed'
    Congrats!

I'm expecting to be lucky for next events~

By the way, we didn't get an event for Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya's movie that came out yesterday...

So sad....
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

So...is there anything useful I can do with duplicate servants after I've maxed out their Noble Phantasm. I got a 6th Mozart, and the one I have leveled a bit has their NP at max level.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

At that point, you can either use them for XP or Sell (Burn) them in the Shop for QP. Silvers also give Mana Prisms when burnt, and I think 4 and 5 stars give other bonuses but no one I know has gotten 6+ of one of those yet.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    At that point, you can either use them for XP or Sell (Burn) them in the Shop for QP. Silvers also give Mana Prisms when burnt, and I think 4 and 5 stars give other bonuses but no one I know has gotten 6+ of one of those yet.
    You get rare prisms from selling gold servants, but at the moment, there's nothing you can even buy with them, so there's no point.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You get rare prisms from selling gold servants, but at the moment, there's nothing you can even buy with them, so there's no point.
    Later on, you can use 1 Rare Prism to unlock a special shop where you can buy a special craft that increases the QP you get from fights by 2%. Merge 5 of them together and it becomes 10%.
    During early gameplay, QP is rarely an issue, but once you start raising skill levels, you will want to get that craft ASAP.
    However, be careful, because each craft of this type is sold for 1000 mana prisms. To get it to maximum you will need a whooping 5000 mana prisms, and it will take quite a lot of time to get there. (For the record, my Master Level is 129, I've logged in for approx. 200 days, and I'm still not there.)

Then again, 4-star and higher servants are rare, so I advise you not to sell them unless:
    a) You already have multiple 4-star or 5-star servants of the same Class and NP type (as in, damage to single or multiple targets), and you are certain you will never use that particular 4-star Servant over them
    b) You already have 2 or more Servants of the same name. The damage boost from increased NP level is highest when you raise it from 1 to 2, while the damage amount that increases from NP level 2 to 3 (or 3 to 4, or 4 to 5) is not that much.
    Last edited by Gastronomie; 2017-08-28 at 08:30 PM.
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gastronomie View Post
    Then again, 4-star and higher servants are rare, so I advise you not to sell them unless:
    a) You already have multiple 4-star or 5-star servants of the same Class and NP type (as in, damage to single or multiple targets), and you are certain you will never use that particular 4-star Servant over them
    b) You already have 2 or more Servants of the same name. The damage boost from increased NP level is highest when you raise it from 1 to 2, while the damage amount that increases from NP level 2 to 3 (or 3 to 4, or 4 to 5) is not that much.
    The 3 to 5 is pretty big, but you need a lot to work that off (a full NP chain with 300% charged NP), so it's not worth unless you have NP gain shenanigans (ushi with the maids CE, Formal Craft, and else.)

So, yeah, not worth.

I've got sumanai, but I don't really think I'm using him, as I have Umu, and Altera as Saber AOE NP, so I'm considering burning him later on.

"**** if I know."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

I notice there's a Prisma Illya themed event going on in FGO Japan right now... I wonder if the English version will ever get magical girl Illya.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    I notice there's a Prisma Illya themed event going on in FGO Japan right now... I wonder if the English version will ever get magical girl Illya.
    We have to wait for the Prisma Corps event, probably in a year. We didn't get the event because it also holds a Strengthening Quest for Kuro-chan, and because you need a fully ascended Servant to get its Strengthening, it would be unfair just to get her and not be able to play the quests.

I am so hyped for the Illya corps event, as Kuro is a free servant, and being one of my favorite characters from the series, she's one I'm expecting (also she's higher in the tier list than Emiya, which I don't get why yet...)

Also, we're having a 1 Million Downloads campaign!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate/Grand Order Facebook Page
    Link
    Thanks to everyone's continuous support, Fate/Grand Order (English) has reached over 1 million downloads! To celebrate this occasion, we have prepared a special Facebook campaign!
    During the campaign period, if THIS Facebook post reaches a certain amount of likes and shares, we will give away amazing prizes for all players!
    -
    For reaching 10,000 Likes...
    Players will receive 18 Saint Quartz, 4 Summon Tickets, and 3 Golden Fruits!
    For reaching 2,000 Shares...
    Players will receive 10 Mana Prisms a day during a special period for up to 130 Mana Prisms!
    * During the Distribution Period, you can receive up to all the above prizes when you log in for 13 consecutive days.
    Distribution Period: 2017-09-07 04:00 - 09-21 03:59 UTC
    * The first login bonus will be given out after 09-07 04:00 UTC.
    * The next login bonuses will be given out at 4:00 UTC each day.
    * The login bonuses can be claimed up to 13 times. However, depending on the time you start the game, that number may change.
    -
    AP Cost ½ Campaign will also commence! The AP Cost for Daily Quests will become ½ during the following period:
    "Enter the Treasure Vault" AP Cost ½ Period: 2017-08-31 7:00 - 09-07 3:59 UTC
    "Duel with the Three Knights" "Duel with the Four Cavalries" "Monster Hunting" AP Cost ½ Period: 2017-09-07 7:00 - 09-14 3:59 UTC
    -
    To celebrate the game reaching 1 million downloads, Limited Time Servant "★5 (SSR) Sakata Kintoki" will be available for the first time! Other servants included in the "1 Million Download Pickup Summon include "★4 (SR) Altria Pendragon [Alter]," "★4 (SR) Martha," and more!
    The goal was achieved around two hours after the post was published, so we're having 1/2 AP for Ascension materials farm, and a chance to get Limited-Servant Kintoki (one of the best Berserkers as far as I know).
    Last edited by Yael; 2017-08-29 at 08:50 PM.

"**** if I know."

13. - Top - End - #193

...Do only people who already have accounts get the free stuff?

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

...Do only people who already have accounts get the free stuff?
    Daily giveaways happen on the day, so you have to have an account on that day. The start dash freebies are for every new account.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    The goal was achieved around two hours after the post was published, so we're having 1/2 AP for Ascension materials farm, and a chance to get Limited-Servant Kintoki (one of the best Berserkers as far as I know).
    Honestly, I'm less excited about Goldzerker (awesome though he may be, I aready have Zerkules and Zerkalot) than I am about the other features on that banner. 5-star Arturia, Attilla, Jeanne, Vlad, and Waver, and 4-star Saber Alter and Martha. Aside from Vlad, all of those fill a slot for me (because Saber Lily does not count and you all know it), and an increased chance to get them is a chance I'm willing to take. The only downside is having to choose a day, since apparently the increased rates for non-Goldzerker pick-up summons change from day to day; I'd probably choose Waver, because come on, kid's adorable.

EDIT: Speaking of, I finally got enough Monuments to pull a third Ascension on either Zerkules or Zerkalot. The latter has his NP at level 2, but the former is a car. Any suggestions as to who gets the Oscar?
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2017-08-30 at 12:16 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Oooh Martha or Alter. I'm down for either of those.

In other news I have finally figured out my Orion team, cuz she needs a team. It's her with Be Elegant, Carmilla with the Extalia essence and Cursed arm Hassan. All the crits
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197

So, did my first summon and got entirely Lancers and Riders. Marie Antoinette, Alexander, Cu Chulainn and his prototype version, Ushiwakamaru, and Medusa. Does such a narrow range of class types make a reroll desirable, or will I be fine until I can get some more variety? I do notice Cu Chulainn and Marie Antoinette are both highly rated on the "tier lists," how much stock should I put in those?

EDIT: I've decided I like the characters I have for now, disregard reroll question.
    Last edited by ImperatorV; 2017-08-30 at 05:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly, I'm less excited about Goldzerker (awesome though he may be, I aready have Zerkules and Zerkalot) than I am about the other features on that banner. 5-star Arturia, Attilla, Jeanne, Vlad, and Waver, and 4-star Saber Alter and Martha. Aside from Vlad, all of those fill a slot for me (because Saber Lily does not count and you all know it), and an increased chance to get them is a chance I'm willing to take. The only downside is having to choose a day, since apparently the increased rates for non-Goldzerker pick-up summons change from day to day; I'd probably choose Waver, because come on, kid's adorable.

EDIT: Speaking of, I finally got enough Monuments to pull a third Ascension on either Zerkules or Zerkalot. The latter has his NP at level 2, but the former is a car. Any suggestions as to who gets the Oscar?
    I suggest Heracles, the battle continuation really helps his survivability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

So, did my first summon and got entirely Lancers and Riders. Marie Antoinette, Alexander, Cu Chulainn and his prototype version, Ushiwakamaru, and Medusa. Does such a narrow range of class types make a reroll desirable, or will I be fine until I can get some more variety? I do notice Cu Chulainn and Marie Antoinette are both highly rated on the "tier lists," how much stock should I put in those?

EDIT: I've decided I like the characters I have for now, disregard reroll question.
    That's a perfectly fine team. I'd recommend that you try a pull on the Orion special summons with all your free newbie quartz before it goes away. Or alternately wait until the 1 million downloads event if you want one of the servants they're increasing the rates for more than Orion.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

20. - Top - End - #200

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    That's a perfectly fine team. I'd recommend that you try a pull on the Orion special summons with all your free newbie quartz before it goes away. Or alternately wait until the 1 million downloads event if you want one of the servants they're increasing the rates for more than Orion.
    I think I'll wait for one of the days with a saber rate-up, since I've heard good sabers are hard to come by.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

I think I'll wait for one of the days with a saber rate-up, since I've heard good sabers are hard to come by.
    Sabers are hard to come by period. I have one, but I'm practically drowning in Berserkers and Assassins.

I'm debating when to summon though. Knowing my luck if I did so today I'd just get another Boudica or Robin Hood.

Factotum Variants!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Barbarian in the Playground

I did a 10 pull today because I just happened to hit 30 quartz. Got Sakata to replace the Lancelot I had gotten. So much better.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Welp, I spent 5 tickets and 9 quartz and my supply of the ultra rare Shinji CE is finally complete.

Seriously though, I just got the Illya CE and nothing else... I really wanted to pull a Saber Alter, it's kinda sad I didn't~ I still have 30 Quartz, but I'll save those and more for the Saber Wars Event~

This post, blue means sarcasm.

"**** if I know."

24. - Top - End - #204

Did the pickup 10-pull twice, was hoping for Saber Alter, or maybe hope against hope Altera or Kintoki. Got Jeanne and Lancelot. I think I'm happier with this outcome. Still need a saber though, and I spent all my quartz. As a new player I can get more, so it's not a big deal, but I was hoping to get that hole closed.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Did the pickup 10-pull twice, was hoping for Saber Alter, or maybe hope against hope Altera or Kintoki. Got Jeanne and Lancelot. I think I'm happier with this outcome. Still need a saber though, and I spent all my quartz. As a new player I can get more, so it's not a big deal, but I was hoping to get that hole closed.
    Jeanne is amazingly good, frankly. Even better if you can counteract the stun effect of her NP. Fact is, despite the great high-rarity Sabers in the game, you can make due pretty nicely with Caesar - strong single-target NP, lots of party buffs.

Myself, I blew a bunch of tickets on these pickups, so far nothing. Now I'm waiting until Waver to do a 10-pull.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

I'm waiting for Jeane or Saber Alter for my pull. I'd love to get Sherlock, but I don't think he's available yet and my Crits team is gonna be getting Halloween Elizabeth when she shows up, cuz she is an amazing Crit generator
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Well, did another 1-pull tonight, because I'm weak. No Jeanne, but I did grab a Limited/Zero Over (+25% Buster cards), which is a pretty sweet upgrade.

Gonna save for Waver. This time, I really mean it. I hope.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Gonna save for Waver. This time, I really mean it. I hope.
    Having played this game for 200 days, I can assure you that it's incredibly difficult to save quartz till the pick-up you want.
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I made my Jeanne pull. Got 2 With One Strike, a Shroud of Magdeline, and the 15 percent Buster card. Oh and 2 Mephistopheles. Used my summon and got a 3rd Mephistopheles, wow game thanks, cuz I just love having a stupid clown mage I don't want.

Still happy with the pull as the essence s are solid
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I made my Jeanne pull. Got 2 With One Strike, a Shroud of Magdeline, and the 15 percent Buster card. Oh and 2 Mephistopheles. Used my summon and got a 3rd Mephistopheles, wow game thanks, cuz I just love having a stupid clown mage I don't want.

Still happy with the pull as the essence s are solid
    I still only have Julius as my only Saber, who I don't even want to to touch when there are tons of cute girls dangit.

Meanwhile every attempt to friend pull just keeps piling more casters, assassins and berserkers on me.

Factotum Variants!