New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Number of Character Appearances VI - Wrecan: "I like counting things"

Updated through 1156
    CotS Usher with Sandy Hair (as Vampire), Council of Elders Guard with Black Beard (charmed), Council of Elders Guard with Grey Beard (charmed), Council of Elders Guard with No Visible Beard (charmed), Council of Elders Guard with Yellow Beard (charmed), Dwarf Matriarch (charmed), Dwarf Matriarch's Daughter, Dwarf Matriarch's Female Guard (charmed), Dwarf Matriarch's Male Guard (charmed), Exarch of Hel (as Gaseous) (as Gontor), Gontor (as Gaseous), Priestess of Hel with Short Hair, Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair, Vampire Spirit with Blue Curly Hair

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Humanist View Post
    Who did you put as the gaseous form in 1155? It seems to have been Sandy?
    It's Sandy.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Number of Character Appearances VI - Wrecan: "I like counting things"

Updated through 1157
    CotS Usher with Sandy Hair (as Vampire), Council of Elders Guard with Blue Beard (charmed), Council of Elders Guard with Brown Beard (charmed), Dwarf Matriarch (charmed), Dwarf Matriarch's Female Guard, Dwarf Matriarch's Male Guard, Exarch of Hel (as Gontor), Gontor (as Vampire), Priestess of Hel with Short Hair, Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair, Vampire Spirit with Blue Curly Hair
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Those dwarves are dominated, not charmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Updated through 1157
    CotS Usher with Sandy Hair (as Vampire), Council of Elders Guard with Blue Beard (charmed), Council of Elders Guard with Brown Beard (charmed), Dwarf Matriarch (charmed), Dwarf Matriarch's Female Guard, Dwarf Matriarch's Male Guard, Exarch of Hel (as Gontor), Gontor (as Vampire), Priestess of Hel with Short Hair, Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair, Vampire Spirit with Blue Curly Hair
    The first post has not been updated yet.
    Ever wondered how many games are mentioned in the comic? I have listed them all in a geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/2...es-order-stick

5. - Top - End - #395
    Orc in the Playground

1158: Hel, Thrym, Gontor Hammerfell (as vampire), Exarch of Hel (as Gontor), Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair, Vampire Spirit with Blue Curly Hair, Creed of the Stone Usher with Sandy Hair (as vampire), Council of Elders Guard with Yellow Beard, Council of Elders Guard with Brown Beard, Council of Elders Guard with Blue Beard

I'll just point out that yellow beard's hand is visible in panel 3.

Two others:

• Is the guard at the top of the stairs by the blue barrier the same as the Council of Elders Guard with No Visible Beard from 1155-1156? I guess we're saying no. But then this is at least the second appearance of this dwarf as he is also in 1157. He also has a grey/blue beard, so I'm not sure how to distinguish him from the guard in the middle of the stairs or the one at the entrance.
    • Does the depiction in bas relief of a female dwarf on the outside of the council building, who is now making her second appearance (also 1155), count? Should we call her Dwarf Elder or something?

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1158
    CotS Usher with Sandy Hair (as Vampire), Council of Elders Guard with Blue Beard (charmed), Council of Elders Guard with Brown Beard (charmed) (on Hel's Mirror), Council of Elders Guard with Grey Beard on Upstairs (charmed), Council of Elders Relief, Exarch of Hel (as Gontor) (on Hel's Mirror), Gontor (as Vampire) (on Hel's Mirror), Hel, Hel's Worm, Thrym, Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair, Vampire Spirit with Blue Curly Hair
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by knag View Post
    Is the guard at the top of the stairs by the blue barrier the same as the Council of Elders Guard with No Visible Beard from 1155-1156?
    Yes.
    But then this is at least the second appearance of this dwarf as he is also in 1157.
    He's not in 1157, unless I missed something.
    He also has a grey/blue beard, so I'm not sure how to distinguish him from the guard in the middle of the stairs or the one at the entrance.
    I added upstairs/stairs to differentiate them. The entrance one was supposed to be brown.
    [*]Does the depiction in bas relief of a female dwarf on the outside of the council building, who is now making her second appearance (also 1155), count?
    Of course.
    Should we call her Dwarf Elder or something?
    We don't know who or what "she" is, so I just it as a relief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Those dwarves are dominated, not charmed.
    We've been adding them to everyone with swirly eyes as a shorthand.
    Last edited by martianmister; 2019-03-07 at 04:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    He's not in 1157, unless I missed something.
    I'm looking at:
    1157: Panels 1, 2, 7, 10 and 12
    1158: Panel 1.

I guess you're saying that the one next to the barrier can't be the one at the top of the stairs based on how much floor is shown in front of him, but it's ambiguous to me.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Troll in the Playground

How can it be ambiguous? They're at completely different places.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1159
    Blackwing, Council of Elders Guard with Brown Beard, Council of Elders Relief, Exarch of Hel (as Gontor), Gontor (as Vampire), Haley (partly invisible), Hel's Worm, Vaarsuvius, Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1160
    Belkar, Blackwing, Council of Elders Guard with Brown Beard, Council of Elders Relief, Durkon, Elan, Exarch of Hel (as Gontor), Gontor (as Vampire), Haley, Hel's Worm, Hilgya, Roy, Vaarsuvius, Vampire Dwarf with Blue Curly Hair, Vampire Spirit with Blue Curly Hair
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1161
    Belkar, Blackwing, Council of Elders Guard with Brown Beard, Council of Elders Relief, Durkon, Elan, Exarch of Hel (as Gontor), Gontor (as Vampire), Haley, Hel's Worm, Mr. Scruffy, Roy, Vaarsuvius
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403

Oh boy. We've seen this horde before.
    Ever wondered how many games are mentioned in the comic? I have listed them all in a geeklist: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/2...es-order-stick

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1162
    Belkar, Durkon, Elan, Hilgya, Hoskin, Hoskin's Wife, Janna, Kandro, Logann, Logann's Father, Logann's Sister, Minrah, Mr. Scruffy, Rock Elementals, Roy, Shirra, Shirra's Husband, Shirra's Sons, Sigdi, Thirden, Tinna

Other than these, those two distinct persons can be offsprings of Kandro and Thirden.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

And two of them appear to be identical twins, and with the same style of facial hair. What will we do if only one of them appears in a later strip?
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

If they never become distinctly named, dressed, or characterized, I say just treat them as a mass character like the demon-roaches and the flumphs.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Let's hope that we'll never need to answer those questions.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Orc in the Playground

1163: Roy, Elan, Haley, Belkar, Durkon, Mr. Scruffy, Sigdi, Thirden, Hoskin, Kandro, Hoskin's Wife, Logann, Shirra's Twins, Logann's Father, Earth Elementals, Logann's Soldier with Brown Beard, Logann's Soldier with Blond Beard

Not sure if we want to get into the nitty gritty of the two dwarves that Captain Logann is commanding. There's a third who I don't see in this strip but was with them in the last strip (with the leather helmet), and three others who were in the crowd but haven't shown up again.
    You found the secret message! Don't forget to edit the wiki!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1163
    Belkar, Durkon, Elan, Haley, Hoskin, Hoskin's Wife, Kandro, Logann, Logann's Father, Logann's Soldiers, Mr. Scruffy, Rock Elementals, Roy, Shirra's Sons, Sigdi, Thirden
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410

GreataxeFighterGirl

1164: Belkar, Council of Elders Guard with Brown Beard, Council of Elders Relief, Elan, Exarch of Hel (as Gontor), Gontor (as Vampire), Hel's worm, Roy

21. - Top - End - #411
    Orc in the Playground

I move that we rename "Hel's Worm" to "Giant Death Worm". In the grand tradition of Shlubbo Noname-zaki, if Belkar gives it a name, that's his name!

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by knag View Post
    I move that we rename "Hel's Worm" to "Giant Death Worm". In the grand tradition of Shlubbo Noname-zaki, if Belkar gives it a name, that's his name!
    I approve this line of thought
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles don’t hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, can’t be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

"I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1164
    Belkar, Council of Elders Guard with Brown Beard, Council of Elders Relief, Elan, Exarch of Hel (as Gontor), Gontor (as Vampire), Giant Death Worm, Roy
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1165
    Belkar, Blackwing, Council of Elders Reliefs, Durkon, Durkon's Cousin's Brother-in-law's Niece's Fiancé, Elan, Giant Death Worm, Haley, Hoskin, Hoskin's Wife, Janna, Kandro, Minrah, Mr. Scruffy, Rock Elementals, Roy, Shirra's Sons, Sigdi, Thirden, Vaarsuvius
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Orc in the Playground

1166: Blackwing, Council of Elders Guard with Black Beard, Council of Elders Guard with Grey Beard, Council of Elders Guard with Grey Beard on Upstairs, Creed of the Stone Usher with Sandy Hair (as vampire), Durkon, Durkon's Cousin's Brother-in-Law's Niece's Fiance, Giant Death Worm, Gontor (as vampire), Exarch of Hel (as Gontor), Hoskin, Janna's Students, Kandro, Logann, Logann's Father, Shirra, Sigdi, Thirden

This is the second appearance of two of the dwarves in the group at the end of "Helping Out" #1162. Not sure if I got the guards right. I'm pretty sure that's Logann's dad in panel 8.
    Last edited by knag; 2019-06-07 at 11:29 AM. Reason: sandy didn't talk, so her vampire spirit doesn't appear

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1166
    Blackwing, CotS Usher with Sandy Hair (as vampire), Council of Elders Guard with Black Beard (charmed), Council of Elders Guard with Grey Beard on Stairs (charmed), Council of Elders Guard with Grey Beard on Upstairs (charmed), Council of Elders Reliefs, Durkon, Durkon's Cousin's Brother-in-law's Niece's Fiancé, Exarch of Hel (as Gontor), Giant Death Worm (+1), Gontor (as vampire), Haley, Hoskin (+1), Janna's "Kid" (+1), Kandro (+1), Logann, Logann's Father, Shirra, Sigdi (+1), Thirden
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417
    Orc in the Playground

Hmm... You're right. The second bard-in-training isn't the same as the one from #1162. And nice catch on the relief! I missed her entirely.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

() New little pictures for Durkon's aunt Shirra and uncle Hoskin. Uncle Kandro needs one too, but I won't make those today.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2019-06-14 at 07:04 AM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by b_jonas View Post
    New little pictures for Durkon's aunt Shirra and uncle Hoskin. Uncle Kandro needs one too, but I won't make those today.
    I'm not seeing them?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

Updated through 1167
    CotS Usher with Sandy Hair (as vampire), Council of Elders Guard with Black Beard (charmed), Council of Elders Guard with Blue Beard (charmed), Council of Elders Guard with Brown Beard (charmed), Council of Elders Guard with Grey Beard on Stairs (charmed), Council of Elders Guard with Grey Beard on Upstairs (charmed), Council of Elders Guard with Yellow Beard (charmed), Durkon, Durkon's Cousin's Brother-in-law's Niece's Fiancé, Dwarf Matriarch's Female Guard (charmed), Exarch of Hel (as Gontor), Gontor (as vampire), Hoskin, Janna, Logann's Sister, Minrah, Priestess of Hel with Short Hair (as Usher), Shirra's Sons, Thirden

Is that the deathworm's shadow?
    Spoiler
    Show