New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 301 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire

Quote Originally Posted by M0rt View Post
    Indeed, it is far worse than violent racism and beating crippled people with their own walking sticks!
    It was Gregory. Beating him with his own walking stick is clearly an act worthy of sainthood.
    “Life is made up of constant calls to action, and we seldom have time for more than hastily contrived answers.” -- Learned Hand

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStaticWolf View Post
    It was Gregory. Beating him with his own walking stick is clearly an act worthy of sainthood.
    Well, you have a good point. Beating Deegan brothers is more likely to get one lifted to heaven rather than dropped to hell. The only thing we can blame Siggy for is that he hasn't killed Gregory before he turned into SuperGreg.
    But there's still the afair of violent racism.
    And on the side note, am I the only one who considers young man -Gregory is unlikely to be older than 25- having magical power sufficent to save citizens of the whole city from being killed, fly and cure openly broken bones kind of senseless and inconsistent?
    Last edited by Morty; 2007-09-16 at 03:20 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Suddenly, this idea that Dominic Deegan is actually the major villain of this universe doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore, does it?
    Or he could be subconciously acting out his role as the Champion of Balance.

Too much goodness and lovey-dovey in the world, and it needs balancing.

So Dominic, subconciously, starts acting like a complete and utter ass and spreads it around to folks...

... then again, he could just be a complete and utter ass anyway!
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ElfLad View Post
    JAYDEN'S SHOCKING SECRET: She exposed a small amount of cleavage once while Siegfried was hugging her.
    Looks like she won't be flying Southwest any time soon.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

And on the side note, am I the only one who considers young man -Gregory is unlikely to be older than 25- having magical power sufficent to save citizens of the whole city from being killed, fly and cure openly broken bones kind of senseless and inconsistent?
    I had always been under the impression that Greg's talent for white magic was above average, and that he was a special case. Maybe I'm wrong, but such people tend to be found in any story with magic type stuff in it.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

6. - Top - End - #756
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    I had always been under the impression that Greg's talent for white magic was above average, and that he was a special case. Maybe I'm wrong, but such people tend to be found in any story with magic type stuff in it.
    True, he's the son of Miranda Deegan, Archmage. Not to mention brother of Jacob Deegan, the great and powerful necromancer. His family's unusually strong in magic, so I have to give this one to Mookie.
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    True, he's the son of Miranda Deegan, Archmage. Not to mention brother of Jacob Deegan, the great and powerful necromancer. His family's unusually strong in magic, so I have to give this one to Mookie.
    "The Magic is strong in my family. My mother has it. My brother has it. I have it... and my sister has it. Yes, you, Greg."

Sorry.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, given how childlike he looks (especially in his earlier appearances), I'd be surprised if he was 20. Still, averagejoe and Mewtarthio are right - the Deegans clearly have an affinity to their respective kinds of magic which goes way beyond that of most other magic-users.
    Of course, the fact they all do, the fact they do so by an incredibly huge margin and the fact that people who enter the family obviously have to be incredibly brilliant and hyper-talented as well (Luna) could be interpreted as Marty Sue-ism by malevolent minds...

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Or he could be subconciously acting out his role as the Champion of Balance.

Too much goodness and lovey-dovey in the world, and it needs balancing.
    Good point. And we could hardly condemn him for that.

I mean, it's like killing Carebears! (The show, not the MMORPG term)

So Dominic, subconciously, starts acting like a complete and utter ass and spreads it around to folks...

... then again, he could just be a complete and utter ass anyway!
    That's a valid explanation as well, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Turcano View Post
    "The Magic is strong in my family. My mother has it. My brother has it. I have it... and my sister has it. Yes, you, Greg."

Sorry.

I love this thread.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

9. - Top - End - #759
    Bugbear in the Playground

Straight out of Jayden's mouth, there's no denying it now. Still, Siggy went to hell because of her infidelity, lawl.
    Last edited by Humbug; 2007-09-17 at 02:00 AM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

As everyone already suspected, Siegfried didn't go to hell for being a violent, hateful bastard, but for schtupping a white mage.

Pam's in serious trouble.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Titan in the Playground

I suppose there is something about the Luanian Church we don't know about yet, some vow of chastity, or alike. Look at that wallpaper again - we have Siegfried embracing Jayden and holding her holy symbol in his hand, as far away from her as possible. So it would seem as if something in their relationship was against her vows as priestess.
    ...Or maybe it was just cheating Milov which did the trick.

EDIT: Okay, so while it wasn't cheating with Jayden alone which condemned Siegfried, apparently this was the ultimate trigger nevertheless - except for the untold part Luna expects.

What exactly does the maid mean by "even then it's enhanced"? Being able to cast magic only in one specific form is a limitation, she makes it sound like it's some kind of bonus?
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2007-09-17 at 02:37 AM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

12. - Top - End - #762
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

What exactly does the maid mean by "even then it's enhanced"? Being able to cast magic only in one specific form is a limitation, she makes it sound like it's some kind of bonus?
    Yeah, I thought that was kinda wierd too. It should have been more like, "but on the other hand, it's enhanced."

Of course, if I was writing it that line would have been more along the lines of, "I see your point. Very well, I will do so." Then again, if I had been writing the story, it would have done something else a long time ago.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Dominic's face in the last panel is pretty funny, though. I always thought that Mookie's faces, while often interchangeable, express emotions quite well. And this expression is a first class "Oh my am I booped right now" look.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, the angst!

Siegfried was an evil bastard (Jayden even admits as such) but was attempting to reform (or perhaps he just said that to get into her robe) and then he died before actually reforming, so now it's her fault that he's in hell!!! Yes, Jayden, it's really your fault that somebody else didn't change his evil ways; it's not like it was his choice to be evil to begin with. [/sarcasm]

15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground

You know, I really like the first panel. "This is, wow, really unexpected". Hee hee. I didn't know Mookie had it in him to make fun of the considerable (one might say defining) portion of his readership that lacks even the elementary-school level reading comprehension required to have figured out that particular plot point ages ago. Ahh, salt in the wounds for the Deegan LiveJournal community!

16. - Top - End - #766

The moral of the story is that extramarital hanky-panky is all fine and dandy unless you're a violent racist bully. Or a jock. It's the same thing in the Mookiverse.

And I knew that Jayden was too sexy for Milov. Hah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ettin in the Playground

Suddenly, this idea that Dominic Deegan is actually the major villain of this universe doesn't seem so far-fetched anymore, does it?
    Oh please, I've been saying that for ages.
    This recent arc just goes to further prove he's just biding his time until he can take the entire world populace under his control.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    This recent arc just goes to further prove he's just biding his time until he can take the entire world populace under his control.
    Actually, now it looks like Dominator Deegan is kind of screwed, what with angry spellcasting werewolf looking for someone to vent his rage on.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind
    Of course, the fact they all do, the fact they do so by an incredibly huge margin and the fact that people who enter the family obviously have to be incredibly brilliant and hyper-talented as well (Luna) could be interpreted as Marty Sue-ism by malevolent minds...
    It is indeed lucky we aren't such malevolent people.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

EDIT: Okay, so while it wasn't cheating with Jayden alone which condemned Siegfried, apparently this was the ultimate trigger nevertheless - except for the untold part Luna expects.
    No, it wasn't the ultimate trigger.

Siggy was evil. Jayden finally openly admits it. He was 'trying to reform'; at least, she thought he was. But apparently it's such a FRAGILE process that doing something like boinking your best friend's love interest wipes out all the good you were trying to do. Hey, cause, yannow, they weren't married or anything, just boyfriend and girlfriend. Getting between that - EVILEVILEVIL!

Hey, could Mookie be trying to say something about his life here? Yannow, cause he can't seem to keep a lady friend for long. Wonder why.

Edit: And -her- weakness? -Her- lust? Last time I checked, it took two to do that particular dance. Unless, of course Jayden found a way to rape Siggy.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2007-09-17 at 09:26 AM.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, now it looks like Dominator Deegan is kind of screwed, what with angry spellcasting werewolf looking for someone to vent his rage on.
    Two words:

"Mind crush."
    "Ya know Yugi, you can't solve everything with mind crushes."
    "Do you want some of this?"
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Two words:

"Mind crush."
    "Ya know Yugi, you can't solve everything with mind crushes."
    "Do you want some of this?"
    Nah. As much as I dislike DD solving everything with his superamazing wits and second sight, in the comic he hasn't proven to be able to defend himself from big, strong people who want to pummel him to death.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Edit: And -her- weakness? -Her- lust? Last time I checked, it took two to do that particular dance. Unless, of course Jayden found a way to rape Siggy.
    Nah. Doing that would have saved him.

What? So I'm unoriginal.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

23. - Top - End - #773

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Nah. Doing that would have saved him.

What? So I'm unoriginal.

So:
    Rape: lifesaving (Stonewater & Melna).
    Consensual sex: damning (Siegfried & Jayden).
    Fur-covered boobs: arousing (Nimmel & Aawooette).

DD is really a disturbing comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    So:
    Rape: lifesaving (Stonewater & Melna).
    Consensual sex: damning (Siegfried & Jayden).
    Fur-covered boobs: arousing (Nimmel & Aawooette).

DD is really a disturbing comic.
    Don't forget...

Threesomes: Dominic Brain-Blowing (Szark, Amelia, and Celesto). Especially when one of the participants is really a closeted gay man, the second is a seer who REALLY likes to watch, and the third is a manipulative, murderous whore.

25. - Top - End - #775

Might I just say that I love panel six? Just looking at it in context with the rest of today's strip before it, it reads as though Milov's about to cheat on Jayden with Dominic just to spite her.
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Halfling in the Playground

Why do people like this comic so much lol. I don't know, I tried reading it and it just didn't hold my attention.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mmorpc View Post
    Why do people like this comic so much lol. I don't know, I tried reading it and it just didn't hold my attention.
    Who says we like the comic? We like to mock the comic.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

I think I know the title of this arc, or at least the theme:

"In Soviet Russia, furries kill YOU with fire!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

29. - Top - End - #779
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Might I just say that I love panel six? Just looking at it in context with the rest of today's strip before it, it reads as though Milov's about to cheat on Jayden with Dominic just to spite her.
    Heh. That's awesome in an unintentional, yet slightly depressing way.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quick question for everyone - does long-term sexual intimacy legitimately involve an implicit-if-not-explicitly-overruled expectation of mutual fidelity?

And by "legitimately", I mean, is it deeply, importantly, or intrinsicly part of the human psyche?

If your answer is "yes" or "usually" or "yes unless you go to a lot of effort to train away from that state", then Mookie has a point. This time.

Tune in tomorrow to watch him ruin that point.

Although I think it would be cool if Jayden and Milov manage to damn themselves as a result of the drama unfolding. Especially if Siggy is allowed to claim them.

Especially if the wolves then become even more xenophobic as a result.

-Thayus
    Last edited by Thayus; 2007-09-17 at 02:56 PM.