New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Make up dumb dating sims.

You know how there are about a million dating sims that can be summed up as "a dating sim where you date [thing you wouldn't normally date]"? Like pigeons? Or tanks?

Well, I'm sure we can come up with some weird stuff of our own if we put our minds to it Name a thing you'd date, and describe the available love interests in this imaginary game.

I'll start: a dating sim where you date fighting games. Female player character, male love interests (mostly). Featuring: childhood friend Street Fighter; emo edgelord Tekken; rich kid Dead or Alive; star athlete King of Fighters; delinquent Mortal Kombat; drama geek Soul Calibur; class clown Smash Bros.; token lesbian Skullgirls; otaku Guilty Gear; and foreign transfer student Injustice.

(In about ten minutes, someone will arrive to inform me that this one already exists.)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Make up dumb dating sims.

A dating sim where you date spiders. The game ends when you get eaten.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

A dating sim where you date Monster Manual entries. /tg/ would eat that up faster than a dread gazebo eats dumb adventurers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Spoiler: When early morn walks forth in sober grey. - William Blake
    Show
    Oft when the summer sleeps among the trees,
    Whispering faint murmurs to the scanty breeze,
    I walk the village round; if at her side
    A youth doth walk in stolen joy and pride,
    I curse my stars in bitter grief and woe,
    That made my love so high and me so low.

O should she e'er prove false, his limbs I'd tear
    And throw all pity on the burning air;
    I'd curse bright fortune for my mixed lot,
    And then I'd die in peace, and be forgot.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Shadowrun dating sim where you date shadowrunners while on the job!

You have to break into buildings to meet them

You have to dodge bullets to be able to talk to them

Oh, and you get to date Lofwyr if you are super good!
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Well it would need to be recognisable, right? And it would need to be something you could relate to, something you could imagine having a personality. Cars, for instance, or dolphins, or wines or coffee brands.

Then, for it to be a succesful dating game, you'd need something that resonates with the demographic. For something that might actually make you money, maybe a youtuber dating game. Propably already been done.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

You are a high school senior who transfers to an all-girls' school that recently became co-ed due to reasons, and so has far more female students than male.

When you attend school for the first time, you find that your class is full of school girls who look exactly like Steve Buscemi, but with feminine hairstyles and dress, plus one other male student who is perverted and comic relief-y and knows all about each of the date-able Steve Buscemi girls.

Soon, you are introduced to a variety of different, quirky, Steve Buscemi girls - Class President Steve Buscemi, Genki Steve Buscemi, Ojou-san Steve Buscemi, Ditzy and Artistic Steve Buscemi, and even a Childhood Friend Steve Buscemi who you've forgotten through the years (but who hasn't forgotten you).

During the school year, you build relationships with the Steve Buscemi girls and reflect on the ephemerality of all things, as your last year of high school plays out. You get a distinct sense of time's march as you progress through school events like the athletic festival (you get to see the Steve Buscemi girls in bloomers), fire festival (you get to see the Steve Buscemi girls in yukatas), and the cultural festival (the Steve Buscemi girls run a maid cafe).

Finally, at the last day of school, you resolve your relationship with your chosen Steve Buscemi girl, or unlock the secret harem ending. Of course, none of the scenes are H, because this is a dating sim meant to be an emotional, soul-searching journey, and we don't want to spoil its potential for broad appeal.
    It always amazes me how often people on forums would rather accuse you of misreading their posts with malice than re-explain their ideas with clarity.

7. - Top - End - #7

I must say you made me literally laugh out laugh at work. Curses.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

pokemon dating sim. this can be done in a few interesting ways:
    -your the trainer and you must find the perfect pokemon for you: will you go for the elegant Gardevoir? the flower girl Liligant? girl next door Lopunny? a nerdy Delphox? rich girl Nidoqueen? or a Jynx who while is a great singer, is self-conscious about her looks with low self-esteem? an athletic Mienshao? gay option Greninja? a ditto who just wants to be loved for what they are, so that they can stop having to put on masks? or will you go for the alien girl, Pheromosa? or a female Muk who thinks she will never find love? and finally the legendary option: Giratina

-your the pokemon and you must find the perfect trainer for you: a high-standards but dependable ace trainer? the nerdy pokemaniac? normal youngster? a high class Beauty? bad boy/girl Team Rocket Grunt? a boisterous hiker? a dreamy but flirty ranger? (careful, rangers have been known to sleep around and uses their stylus on everyone, just shameless). The Gym Leader (careful about trying to get them, they're known to have a type) Nurse Joy, a pokemon breeder (ironically they're so busy playing matchmaker between pokemon that its hard to make them see your feelings for them), a battle happy black-belt, a crazy hex maniac, kuudere Coordinator, a yandere collector, or finally the champion option: Cynthia (shes out of your league)

-either one of as a human or pokemon disguising themselves as the other and the game finale being the reveal that your a human to the pokemon or a pokemon to the human.

Harry Dresden Dating Sim:
    you are Harry Dresden, you have been trapped in a strange place in the Nevernever where various women through your life reappear to try and date you. you could either play it as a legit dating sim and get an ending with any of the women Harry has met throughout his life, or you can play it as a mystery game and solve it like a detective like harry would and shatter the illusion to go back to the real world and Maggie, his daughter. on second thought, this doesn't sound so dumb and actually sounds pretty awesome.

Gundam Dating Sim:
    you are a pilot and you date the gundams. no not other pilots, the gundams themselves, not anthropomorphic at all. complete with a normal zaku option who feels inadequate and weak compared to all the rest.

Warhammer 40k Dating sim:
    you are the God Emperor of Mankind and you must find a wife. Your options are: A normal guardswoman. a tech priest with lots of extra arms, A tau fire warrior, A Sister of battle, an Eldar Solitaire, a chaos space marine made female by the ruinous powers, Ork Warlord Rokslata biggest and baddest ork of his segmentum, a Necron, Uriah Olathaire returned from the dead, the Tyranid Hive mind, or Khorne.

Shonen Protag Dating Sim:
    your female and your options for romance are: Naruto, Luffy, Goku, Ichigo, Edward Elric, Ash Ketchum, Saitama, Gon, Natsu Dragneel, and Izuku Midoriya. Good luck getting ANY of them to notice you romantically.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

GitP dating sim.

Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.

Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    A dating sim where you date spiders. The game ends when you get eaten.
    A game where you date all sorts of monsters, think romantic Dracula. The goal is not to fall for any of them and remain single. But be careful: if you turn down Dracula too hard he will attack you and you'll be saved by Wolfman, which will advance your relationship counter with him. Only through tact, subtlety and divisive tactics can you remain alive.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

11. - Top - End - #11

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruviansquid View Post
    You are a high school senior who transfers to an all-girls' school that recently became co-ed due to reasons, and so has far more female students than male.

When you attend school for the first time, you find that your class is full of school girls who look exactly like Steve Buscemi, but with feminine hairstyles and dress, plus one other male student who is perverted and comic relief-y and knows all about each of the date-able Steve Buscemi girls.

Soon, you are introduced to a variety of different, quirky, Steve Buscemi girls - Class President Steve Buscemi, Genki Steve Buscemi, Ojou-san Steve Buscemi, Ditzy and Artistic Steve Buscemi, and even a Childhood Friend Steve Buscemi who you've forgotten through the years (but who hasn't forgotten you).

During the school year, you build relationships with the Steve Buscemi girls and reflect on the ephemerality of all things, as your last year of high school plays out. You get a distinct sense of time's march as you progress through school events like the athletic festival (you get to see the Steve Buscemi girls in bloomers), fire festival (you get to see the Steve Buscemi girls in yukatas), and the cultural festival (the Steve Buscemi girls run a maid cafe).

Finally, at the last day of school, you resolve your relationship with your chosen Steve Buscemi girl, or unlock the secret harem ending. Of course, none of the scenes are H, because this is a dating sim meant to be an emotional, soul-searching journey, and we don't want to spoil its potential for broad appeal.
    This already exists except it is John Cena instead.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Colossus in the Playground

Obviously, we need to go deeper. I propose the Dating Sim Dating Sim, where you date various dating sims.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Alien Dating Sim

Version 1: at the beginning of the game you are teleported to a space station, full of different alien species - it is similar to a high school, and you can try to seduce any of the aliens. This will be complicated - their biology is completely different and nobody speaks any known language.

Version 2: you are a facehugger...

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    -your the trainer and you must find the perfect pokemon for you: will you go for the elegant Gardevoir? the flower girl Liligant? girl next door Lopunny? a nerdy Delphox? rich girl Nidoqueen? or a Jynx who while is a great singer, is self-conscious about her looks with low self-esteem? an athletic Mienshao? gay option Greninja? a ditto who just wants to be loved for what they are, so that they can stop having to put on masks? or will you go for the alien girl, Pheromosa? or a female Muk who thinks she will never find love? and finally the legendary option: Giratina
    I'm afraid that genre already exists...

And has a fanbase.
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

15. - Top - End - #15

To be serious for a second, I actually want to make a game at some point that takes place after the typical dating sim. At the beginning, you choose your waifu/husbando from a list. Congratulations! You've won their heart--but now, can you keep it? Can you make the relationship last? Even once you start really getting to know them and find out all the ways they don't live up to the idealized fantasy you had in mind when you chose their route?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gastronomie View Post
    I'm afraid that genre already exists...

And has a fanbase.
    A disturbingly large and consistent fanbase.

With pictures.

Whatever you do, wherever you go in life, never google Gardevoir Lopunny My Little Pony Crossover Fanfiction 18+.

This is not a dare. I didn't even google it myself.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2017-09-19 at 09:16 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    This already exists except it is John Cena instead.
    At first I was like "whoa, really? That's insane."

And then I was like "well, if it's gonna be anyone, John Cena's pretty appropriate."
    It always amazes me how often people on forums would rather accuse you of misreading their posts with malice than re-explain their ideas with clarity.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone remember that weird online comic of the guy who went undercover in an all girl school only to find out the whole school is undercover dudes with the same idea?

19. - Top - End - #19

Griffon

Combine the two; you're a Ditto and you're trying to find the ideal mate from a pool of other eligible 'mons. Bonus points if ALL of the conversation minigames are written exclusively in Pokemon-ese.

Him/Her:
    "Pikachu! Pika-Pik Chu Pikachu?"

You:
    a) *transform* Pikachu!
    b) *transform* Pikachu?
    c) *transform* Pikachu...
    d) Ditto! (Auto-failure)
    Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
    GitP dating sim.
    Jesus Christ, man.... I'm not one for kinkshaming, but, really!?
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

20. - Top - End - #20

Harry Dresden Dating Sim:
    you are Harry Dresden, you have been trapped in a strange place in the Nevernever where various women through your life reappear to try and date you. you could either play it as a legit dating sim and get an ending with any of the women Harry has met throughout his life, or you can play it as a mystery game and solve it like a detective like harry would and shatter the illusion to go back to the real world and Maggie, his daughter. on second thought, this doesn't sound so dumb and actually sounds pretty awesome.
    I never knew I needed this until just now.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Jesus Christ, man.... I'm not one for kinkshaming, but, really!?
    Yup. We have the "GitP Regulars As..." threads, so why not?

To be honest, there are people in this forum who I would like to have a beer with in RL - so I assume there's also some who would like to do even more...

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

You are a working at the museum.

It is your first day.

You are put into a room of finds and instructed to work out how old they all are through a variety of accurately-game-modelled scientific methods.

AM I DOIN IT RITE?

23. - Top - End - #23

D&D classes.

Do you romance the nerdy wizard? The talented but lazy sorceress, the rogue with the terrible houselife, the hippie druid, the priestess, the band nerd bard, the hero the Paladin. The army brat fighter, the big tough dumb barbarian, the karate kid, and more!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Dark Souls Dating Sim:
    Do you romance the enchanting Dancer of the Boreal Valley? Date both Ornstein and Smough at the same time? Make the Undead Legion your harem? Teach Prince Lothric that its not all bad through the power of love? Redeem Pointiff Sulyvahn through it? Ride around on the Nameless King's awesome dragon? Or perhaps the curse Rotted Greatwood is more to your taste? Romance the Lord Gwyn? Or maybe your boring and just want to romance the Firekeeper....just be careful. This is after all, still Dark Souls and one wrong move can mean your death. Yes even when romancing the Firekeeper.

Princess Peach Dating Sim:
    Your only clear options are Bowser or Mario. However if you play your cards right, you can get a secret lesbian Princess Daisy ending where Luigi breaks down crying. No Luigi is not an option, he gets shafted like he does in every other game.

Princess Zelda Dating Sim:
    Your romantic options are Link. All of them. From every game. Which Link is best Link? Thats for you to decide.

Doctor Who Dating Sim:
    your female and you date the Doctor, but again which version of the Doctor you end up with is up to you. Expect much time-based shenanigans and pointing out that one is eventually going to regenerate into another anyways.

Portal Dating Sim:
    You are in the Enrichment Center and looking for love. your options are: the boring but dependable Companion Cube, the Portal Gun, Wheatley, Glados who will simply use the romance to manipulate you into traps, a turret drone, cake, or the recordings of Cave Johnson.

Ranma 1/2 Dating Sim:
    Wait why isn't this already a thing? Is it already a thing? Because I feel this should already be a thing.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

90's *Legendary* Action Heroes! dating sim
    All the guys from Expendables, Cynthia Rothrock, Michelle Yeoh, Bolo Yeung, the guys from Mad Mission... in a high school...and you need to beat every one of them!

Daria dating sim
    ...but you can only choose from members of Fashion Club (save for Quinn), Brittany and the teachers...

Lego dating sim
    You date lego pieces.

American High School Movie Archetype dating sim
    You take every high school movie and take any archetype you can find. Nobody has a name - everybody has only the archetype.

26. - Top - End - #26

Flumph

Dark Souls Dating Sim:
    Do you romance the enchanting Dancer of the Boreal Valley? Date both Ornstein and Smough at the same time? Make the Undead Legion your harem? Teach Prince Lothric that its not all bad through the power of love? Redeem Pointiff Sulyvahn through it? Ride around on the Nameless King's awesome dragon? Or perhaps the curse Rotted Greatwood is more to your taste? Romance the Lord Gwyn? Or maybe your boring and just want to romance the Firekeeper....just be careful. This is after all, still Dark Souls and one wrong move can mean your death. Yes even when romancing the Firekeeper.

I dunno.

Dark Souls is a game where the principal theme is trying again after failure, so you'd be setting yourself up for some kind of creepy Nice Guy sexpest simulator where you just keep trying it on over and over no matter how much you get shot down.

27. - Top - End - #27

Griffon

The Serial Killer Dating Sim
    You are a serial killer, and you are stalking your victims through a series of interactive tasks. Spend some of your Energy on Working Out to increase your Stamina (better to chase down fleeing victims)! Practice sudoku puzzles in order to sharpen your mind, and thus be better able to defeat their home security systems! Learn about their habits and routines through conversation (don't give away your identity or real intention)!

Advance through each stage of the stalk by reaching key goals - first find their phone number, then their address, then discover where they keep their spare key, and what time their parents leave each week for their bingo game, getting closer and closer to the final big night when you go "all the way"....

Alternatively, you're looking for a boyfriend from the likes of Ed Gein, Charles Manson, Hannibal Lector and Jack the Ripper do you have what it takes to gain their adoration - specifically, a nice juicy liver and good taste in fine wines...?

Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
    To be honest, there are people in this forum who I would like to have a beer with in RL - so I assume there's also some who would like to do even more...
    I know, I'm only kidding After all, everyone is notoriously gay/straight/other for Red Fel despite their own.... alignments.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

Date dating sim- you play as a date palm and have to date other date palms
    Date dating sim- you date the notation used to denote the time in history something happens
    Date dating sim- you date planned romantic events between love interests
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyPooga View Post
    Interesting that it wasn't written in Draconic. Are Kobolds keeping their deviant pleasures secret from their dragon masters now? It's the beginning of the revolution and it's starting in the bedroom nest!

This forum has century gothic as a font. That's pretty cool

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

• Historical Figures: You play a time traveler, juggling both relationships with notable historical figures and the burden of trying not to change history with these relationships. Then you just need a scientist, explorer, military leader, political leader, and artist from every period, to nicely fill out the dating sim stereotypes. Bonus points for marketing this as edutainment.
    • Time Travelers: Alternately, you can play that backwards - instead of traveling through time, you play an ordinary character who appears to live in interesting times - that's why all these time travelers keep showing up from different times in the future. They don't know anybody, and they certainly aren't dating anyone - and that makes them perfect characters for a dating sim.
    • Disney Princesses: On the more marketable side (and the getting hit with cease and desist letters really fast side), it's worth noting that there is a modern collection of characters, most of whom are in stories which center romance at least somewhat. They're familiar, they're characterized, they're fun and colorful, and they would work just fine for this.
    • Anthropomorphic Bicycles: This list needed something a little crazy, and this is it. It also works - you've got the adventurous mountain bike, always off in nature getting into trouble. You've got the steadfast commuter bike, quiet and conservative*; there's also it's slightly wilder brother in the road bike. There's the simple fixed gear, who's not the brightest or most capable, but is way lower maintenance. There's the BMX (the troublemaker pulling dumb stunts who's basically the mountain bike but less reliable and more wild), the recumbent (the super lazy one with more personality than the fixed gear), the racing bike with no breaks (the speed freak athlete), and even a cargo bike(physically large and muscular, a bit quirky). Then there's the numerous puns involving brand names like Trek, Raleigh, and Specialized.

*In a personal sense, not a political one - that's probably best left ambiguous.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by aotrs commander View Post
    you are a working at the museum.

It is your first day.

You are put into a room of finds and instructed to work out how old they all are through a variety of accurately-game-modelled scientific methods.

am i doin it rite?
    i want it.
    Resident Vancian Apologist