New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Lucifer, season 3 - Too many Red Bulls

Well, mom is gone, Lucifer wants to tell his secret and his wings reappear.

So how was the first episode?

Spoiler: The good
    Show
    - Amenadiel's reaction to the "coherent" message Lucifer sent him before being kidnapped.
    - The towel joke...
    - Basically, it's a pretty solid start of a season, if it wasn't for the things in the next section...

Spoiler: The bad
    Show
    - If you want Lucifer to tell Chloe and change the dynamic between them, just do it. If you want to keep things as they are, that's also fine. But don't go with the "I'm going to tell" and stop it with an excuse just seconds later.
    And this BS was done TWICE in this episode, in both cases the problem could have been easily resolved and returned to telling the truth, but it always goes back to square one.
    - The lines Lucifer crosses while being a consultant are getting bigger and harder to ignore. He just threw a guy from the second floor into a swimming pool! No one is going to press charges? At least demand he gets fired?!
    At least until now there was an excuse that the higher ups liked both Chloe and Lucifer, but with the arrival of Marcus, we're out of excuses.

Spoiler: The quirky
    Show
    - Marcus. If he doesn't do something about Lucifer in the next episode (something EFFECTIVE, there are plenty of reasons to fire him), he is either the bad guy in disguise, hired directly from Gotham PD, or both.
    - Abby Ella. Not a bad character, but can we tone down the quirky side by a bit please?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lucifer, season 3 - Too many Red Bulls

I still haven't given up on the theory that Ella is actually Azrael. Her having relatives and everything could be part of an effort to be more convincing / experience human life.
    Spoiler: As for the new thing happening to Lucifer...
    Show
    It is possible that his "Devil face" was never his true scarred self but more like a mystical crown to rule over Hell and Demonkind. Someone has now stolen it, an event that prompted God to restore Lucifer's wings so he would have a chance to reclaim his Devil face.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Millstone85 View Post
    I still haven't given up on the theory that Ella is actually Azrael. Her having relatives and everything could be part of an effort to be more convincing / experience human life.
    Spoiler: As for the new thing happening to Lucifer...
    Show
    It is possible that his "Devil face" was never his true scarred self but more like a mystical crown to rule over Hell and Demonkind. Someone has now stolen it, an event that prompted God to restore Lucifer's wings so he would have a chance to reclaim his Devil face.
    I had a similar theory, only slightly different.

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess someone else that isn't God who keeps giving Lucifer wings.
    As long as he has the wings he can't be the devil, and that frees that job (as well as his powers) for someone else.

Don't know what adversary can be strong enough to defy God and give Lucifer his angel wings, but it's the same show where we had "mom", so, whatever...

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    I had a similar theory, only slightly different.

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess someone else that isn't God who keeps giving Lucifer wings.
    As long as he has the wings he can't be the devil, and that frees that job (as well as his powers) for someone else.

Don't know what adversary can be strong enough to defy God and give Lucifer his angel wings, but it's the same show where we had "mom", so, whatever...
    But wait...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lucifer first cut his wings shortly after moving to L.A., didn't he? So before that, when he ruled in Hell, he had both his angelic wings and his Devil face. Those can't be incompatible.

Now that I think about it, he sure would look weird with glowing white feathers behind that bloody mug. Maybe using them in concert results in leathery wings.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, mom is gone, Lucifer wants to tell his secret and his wings reappear.

So how was the first episode?

Spoiler: The good
    Show
    - Amenadiel's reaction to the "coherent" message Lucifer sent him before being kidnapped.
    - The towel joke...
    - Basically, it's a pretty solid start of a season, if it wasn't for the things in the next section...

Spoiler: The bad
    Show
    - If you want Lucifer to tell Chloe and change the dynamic between them, just do it. If you want to keep things as they are, that's also fine. But don't go with the "I'm going to tell" and stop it with an excuse just seconds later.
    And this BS was done TWICE in this episode, in both cases the problem could have been easily resolved and returned to telling the truth, but it always goes back to square one.
    - The lines Lucifer crosses while being a consultant are getting bigger and harder to ignore. He just threw a guy from the second floor into a swimming pool! No one is going to press charges? At least demand he gets fired?!
    At least until now there was an excuse that the higher ups liked both Chloe and Lucifer, but with the arrival of Marcus, we're out of excuses.

Spoiler: The quirky
    Show
    - Marcus. If he doesn't do something about Lucifer in the next episode (something EFFECTIVE, there are plenty of reasons to fire him), he is either the bad guy in disguise, hired directly from Gotham PD, or both.
    - Abby Ella. Not a bad character, but can we tone down the quirky side by a bit please?
    They didn't say it outright but remember, Lucifer basically set up their previous boss to get promoted, and that presumably happened (and implied she was set up to be Chief of Police). Marcus can't fire Lucifer because Olivia (the previous boss) would just reinstate him. Given what Lucifer did, I'm pretty sure that Marcus would be more likely to get fired than Lucifer.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-10-03 at 05:43 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

No Maze. No Trixie. 0/10
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    They didn't say it outright but remember, Lucifer basically set up their previous boss to get promoted, and that presumably happened (and implied she was set up to be Chief of Police). Marcus can't fire Lucifer because Olivia (the previous boss) would just reinstate him. Given what Lucifer did, I'm pretty sure that Marcus would be more likely to get fired than Lucifer.
    Considering what he have done:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not even mentioning compromising an undercover operation, TWICE, and reaching the suspects before the police. These things can be covered up.
    But the man just threw a suspect from the second floor into a swimming pool, during a party, surrounded by people.

No amount of favoritism should protect him from at least getting suspended and investigated.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Considering what he have done:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not even mentioning compromising an undercover operation, TWICE, and reaching the suspects before the police. These things can be covered up.
    But the man just threw a suspect from the second floor into a swimming pool, during a party, surrounded by people.

No amount of favoritism should protect him from at least getting suspended and investigated.
    Considering the kidnappers that the guy paid caused the death of his 'friend', its in his best interest to shut his mouth and try not to call attention to the fact that he's getting off on what should be an accessory to manslaughter charge.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Still no Maze. Still no Trixie. Child actor stuff, I get, maybe she had a growth spurt and is now unrecognizable. It's a shame but all right. But where's Maze? That little phonecall scene without even her voiceover makes me antsy. Did they lose the actress to some other show? Did she quit or is it some temporary unavailability? What's going ooon!???

I'm unhappy about this and the new guy ain't no substitute so far/10
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    Shameless shill:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Maze is fine, and will be back next week.

Her actress just had a baby, so back when they filmed these recent episodes, she was fat and very pregnant. Not very Maze-like, eh? Nope, not at all, so they had to cut her from some episodes.

As for Trixie, hmmm.... well, the show was filmed in Vancouver for the past two seasons, but is now filmed in Los Angeles. Being a kid, it's possible that she couldn't move to California with the rest of the cast. On the other hand, she has been getting a lot of other work lately, such as in movies like Daddy's Home 2, so maybe there was just a scheduling conflict. Either way, I'm sure that she'll return eventually.
    "...Look, it's a simple job. Just go down to the docks, book passage on the good ship Harm's Way, set sail for the Isles of Immaculate Doom, pick up the Orb of Despair which is already waiting for you, and bring it back to deliver to that crazy old coot who lives in that creepy old tower in the Swamp of a Thousand Screams. What could possibly go wrong?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kislath View Post
    Maze is fine, and will be back next week.

Her actress just had a baby, so back when they filmed these recent episodes, she was fat and very pregnant. Not very Maze-like, eh? Nope, not at all, so they had to cut her from some episodes.

As for Trixie, hmmm.... well, the show was filmed in Vancouver for the past two seasons, but is now filmed in Los Angeles. Being a kid, it's possible that she couldn't move to California with the rest of the cast. On the other hand, she has been getting a lot of other work lately, such as in movies like Daddy's Home 2, so maybe there was just a scheduling conflict. Either way, I'm sure that she'll return eventually.
    I feel like if Trixie wasn't able to come with the cast then they would have already written her out of the show - plot wise it wouldn't be that hard to manufacture a reason to have her live with Chloe's mother or something, so I have to believe they're still planning on keeping her as a member of the cast, although I quite frankly feel like she hasn't added anything to the show other than being Cute Girl.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pronounceable View Post
    Still no Maze. Still no Trixie. Child actor stuff, I get, maybe she had a growth spurt and is now unrecognizable. It's a shame but all right. But where's Maze? That little phonecall scene without even her voiceover makes me antsy. Did they lose the actress to some other show? Did she quit or is it some temporary unavailability? What's going ooon!???

I'm unhappy about this and the new guy ain't no substitute so far/10
    Eh, you don't need to look the same. Look at Soap Operas, they switch actors all the time.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Finally! Everything I wanted from this show/10

Hoping this isn't also gonna tie back into that Sinnerman guy again. I'd like a season with a bunch of separate plots going on instead of one big thing, though I wouldn't complain otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe they actually will go big with supernatural and bring more mythical beasts that're conveniently disguised as humans. Those were a lot of files in there, it'd be pretty implausible for regular mortals.
    Shameless shill:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Glad to see Maze back, but I found the whole 'dress an actress that just had a baby up in baggy clothes and try and strategically photograph them so you can't see her figure' to be pretty bad in this episode.

Was also pleasantly surprised to actually see a gun with a silencer that sounded moderately realistic instead of the Hollywood 'lol silencer makes guns almost inaudible' BS. Then they messed it up with the Hollywood silenced pistols

Good episode overall though, hope they continue with the more supernatural aspects of the world this season.

Spoiler
    Show
    At the end you clearly see a folder labeled 'Mazikeen of the Lilum', which as far as I know isn't a title she or Lucifer have actually spoken on screen, she's only referred to herself as a demon.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

I liked the episode, but I must say that the things Lucifer is allowed to do while helping the police is getting more and more absurd every episode.

The part that she enters the barn and sees him teaching kids how to sell drugs while commenting only about the horse really reminded me about the quote from Doctor Who:

Mickey Smith: What's a horse doing on a spaceship?
    The Doctor: Mickey, what's Pre-Revolutionary France doing on a spaceship? Get a little perspective!