New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Tears of Amber - Main

Gorrun watches as the Vanguard starts filtering in, the first line of defense on any skirmish, the soldiers that are trained to look death in the eye and press on without flinching. Aurix's words seem to wash over them with mixed reviews. However when the Auxiliary was spotted moving in, Gorrun flew out to meet them searching for a qualified mage with knowledge of the requested spell.

One of the Vangard Captains took advantage of his absence and strode toward where Aurix and Geiravore stood. A stout dwarven man with hair and beard as red as molten steel, black gritty soot smeared across his face and the stump of a lit cigar clinging to his lower lip. He is wrapped in well worn leather armor and has a freshly forged double bearded battle axe strapped across his shoulders. He took a knee in front of Geiravor and lowered his eyes in respect for her position then he stood. He looked up at Aurix, his right eye slightly squinting. Aye, we'll stand vigil, "Hero's Champion" we will do our duty, fear ye not. But know that it is duty and love for Juvelnord that we stand for. We're not here because some "hero" needs their beauty sleep lad. We're here because we were forged in the fires of Juvelnord and we are her shield and sword. We're here because she is worth fighting for. We're here because no invading force is welcome in our home and we aim to make damned sure they are sent back to whatever pit they crawl out of with their tails between their legs. So you go right ahead and rest your little head. There are soldiers watching over you this night. He bows to the princess and makes his way back to rank.

Shortly thereafter Gorrun returns with an elven woman in a loose dress like uniform belted in various places around her body. This is the one I told you about. He needs to rest his mind and use it, simultaneously. Can you provide him with a spell to allow him to keep watch while resting his magic ability? Sir, of course sir came her reply and she cast the spell on Aurix. Yourself sir?
    I'll be fine. I don't need magic, just a steady flow of coffee

The officer informed Kest that he should make his intentions known to Gorrun if he intended to volunteer.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor turned to Markas. "You don't have to do this, Markas. I can have some else take her to the temple." she said. "I will take her personal effects with me." Geiravor offered.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfykins View Post
    "Seems Umbear's gone to bed," Aistriú informed Markas as they made their way to the temple. "You should... do the same... after this. Though I'm sure it won't be easy..."
    Markas looked sadly at Geiravor,
    "I don't have to...but I want to...I promise I'll try to get some sleep after...oh...her things..." he reached into his bag of holding that was tied to his belt and one-handedly gave the Princess Hervir's personal effects. "if you will excuse me..." he did his best to bow and took Aistirú with him towards the temple.

As he traveled to the temple with Aistirú riding on his shoulder he addressed the Danthienne's concern, "No Ais...it won't be easy to sleep tonight..."

Once they arrived at the temple, Markas located the head acolyte and gave them custody of Hervir's body, "She deserves the best! She's Princess Geiravor's cousin, best friend, and closest advisor. She knew dark times are coming and gave her life to protect the kingdom she loved so dearly. I'm also sure she saw the Valkyries come for her in her last moment," he started to get teary eyed, "I don't mean any disrespect, I just wanted to make sure she gets the care she deserves..." he bowed respectfully as he departed the temple, heading back to the castle, and turned again to his friend, "one more thing...I know you miss your arm, even though you pretend not to... you should let Jaylyn help you...it would help her just as much...I think she could use any kind of victory right now... anyway I know I need to sleep...do you have a spell or song or something to help?"
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2017-10-02 at 10:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix blinks at the speech from the dwarf. He makes to answer, but the dwarf leaves. "Well now I just feel like a prick," he says to no one in particular. Aurix sighs. "I just...felt like someone ought to ask. It's not right for us to run off and rest while others work in our steads." Aurix grimaces. "But then, soon we'll all be tired."

Aurix turns to Torilee. "I'm heading back into the Mage's Tower, albeit very slowly, so as not to break the Keep Watch spell. I need to start reassembling Hervir's notes, magic and history, and it's gonna be more than a one night job. I'd like you nearby, but you also need rest. You can find a corner in the tower, or take the key to my room in the castle and get some real rest. Whichever suits you." Aurix slowly heads back into the Mage's Tower.

Once within, he shakes his head. The whole place is a mess, but he knew he would have to conquer it. One of the last things Hervir had said was, "Look to the past to find answers in the present." Aurix intended to do just that in her stead. Barring the dislocation of the repository, surely Hervir would have had some kind of filing system, or left her notes in such a way that they could be found. It was the work of the night for Aurix to put himself into Hervir's shoes, learning her methods, and find the trail of breadcrumbs she might have left behind. Aurix slowly climbed the tower, being careful not to overtax himself. The most important things, he reasoned, would be either on the top floor or near her quarters. If he was wrong, hopefully he'd find clues leading him elsewhere. The top floor first, Aurix decides. Let the quarters remain undisturbed for now.

Aurix spends the whole night scouring the top floor for papers and books. He reorganizes, stacking or shelving by topics he needs to be aware of. Aurix searches for clues for a couple of topics. He needs to know more details about the nature of the barrier spell: how it was created, the nature of the barrier, ways to strengthen it and protect it from attack, ways to be aware of an attack on the barrier, and what happens in the event of a breach.

Aurix searches for information on the history of the Heroes' Tournament. The demons weren't prepared for the breach, which means it may have been coordinated only on this side. He suspects strongly that this breach must have been sealed in the past and forgotten about, and likely during the solstice. Everyone kept saying what a coincidence it was that this should take place during the Heroes' Tournament, and that evil must have been foolish indeed to plan such a large event for that time. But WAS it a coincidence? Aurix investigates his theory that the tournament was created to ENSURE heroes would be present when the breach opened again.

Related to that, Aurix searches for prophecies that might be related to these events. Hervir had mentioned this as well, a prophecy about Geiravor. He also recalls how several people commented on the fortune of having two Aasimar born to the same royal family. Considering Hervir's end, perhaps it wasn't fortune at all, but the will of the gods. Such a will would be recorded in prophecy, and there might be more hints therein.

Lastly, and more fruitlessly in his estimation, Aurix searches for any information Hervir had about the Abyss and its inhabitants. If one specific such was linked to this "breach", it would be recorded somewhere in Juvelnord's history. Any major threats coming out of that breach would be beyond the common soldier, and the heroes need to be prepared for those.

As the soldiers stood vigil through the night, Aurix worked by candlelight in the shattered Mage's Tower. He scrounges through the books and parchments looking for tiny pieces of an immense puzzle, and does so until the sun rises again.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaylyn made it back to the castle and to her room, again trying to stay out of every bodies way. Only nodding to whom she passed. Once she got to her room, she sat her bags on the table and propped her staff beside it. Then she flung herself on her bed face down and began to cry into her pillow. The event of the past couple hours kept replaying in her head over and over again. What could she have done differently to prevent her friend from dying, and was she really as strong as she thought she was, was the two thoughts that kept cropping up to the surface of her mind. Its those thoughts made her keep up the tears until she cried herself to sleep.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

The acolytes and several priestesses came forth to collect Hervir with grave solemnity. Several of the younger acolytes murmured condolences.

Aistriú shook her head. "There's more reason now than even before for Jaylyn not to use a diamond for something like this," she said softly. "It doesn't hinder my spellcasting, and you guys could well end up needing those diamonds to restore life to those who fall, which is much more important than the vanity of a tiny fey."
    The danthienne sighed.
    "Sorry, I've never had much luck with sleep spells... they seem to only work on very weak creatures. I know no bardic performances that could do it either. But I could just... sing. Just a mundane lullaby. Sometimes, just pure music has its own sort of magic. A magic of the heart and soul, that requires no arcane or divine gifts to create. Some of the most talented musicians of all time were simple minstrels, and not magical bards at all," she said quietly.

"I'll stay, hey," Torilee said somberly. "I'll sleep if I can, but, I have only cast cantrips today, so, hey, unless you think I'll need something other than what I prepared today, hey, I don't really need to recover spells," she pointed out.

The brownie scurried around the wrecked repository, turning things over to right them if she was strong enough to do so. She attempted to stack fallen books and papers in an orderly fashion where possible. But she was nervous, as even cleaning up had tended to have bad results when she was still trying to find her place. Eventually, she curled up on one of the chairs still upright and fell asleep.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Your mundane songs are still magical to me my friend... I'd like that," Markas said as they arrived at his room. Not feeling up to the task of fully changing his clothes, he just removed the outer items that would be uncomfortable to sleep in before climbing into bed and letting Aistirú's song soothe him as best it could, "you're a good friend...thank you..." he said as he drifted off to sleep...
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor went to her quarters, dressed in her sleep clothes, made a nest for Tricey out of pillows and blankets, collapsed on bed, and cried herself to sleep.

With a heavy heart, Brynhildr returned to her lab to resume her regularly scheduled operations.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Aistriú sang an old Sylvan lullaby for Markas until he was asleep. (Sung to the tune of "Hush Little Baby")
    "I see the moon, the moon sees me
    shining through the leaves of the old oak tree
    Oh, let the light that shines on me
    shine on the one I love.

Over the mountain, over the sea,
    back where my heart is longing to be
    Oh, let the light that shines on me
    shine on the one I love.

I hear the lark, the lark hears me
    singing from the leaves of the old oak tree
    Oh, let the lark that sings to me
    sing to the one I love,

Over the mountains, over the sea
    back where my heart is longing to be
    Oh, let the lark that sings to me
    sing to the one I love."

(Taking 10) Perform (song): 45

Then Aistriú crept through the mouse hole-like tunnels back to her own sleeping place. She laid on her pilfered down pillow for a long time before she was able to fall asleep herself, as much because of the sleep she'd gotten earlier as because of what had transpired. Eventually, she rolled over and went to sleep, heart heavy.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-10-03 at 09:17 AM.
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing everyone going their different ways, Droktoktor decides to return to his room to attempt to sleep.

11. - Top - End - #161

The centaur nodded, donned the vest his servant brought, and took the bow in hand. He'd been quite good at the festival, so he hoped he'd be just as good now. Kestejoo trotted through the troops until he found the hulking general.

"General...ah, Gorrun, Yes? Am known as Kest, High Priest. Have not used spells this day... Will keep watch. Demons...specialty of mine."
    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun nods to Kest Help is always welcome. I expect more volunteers to present themselves over the next few days. High priest you say? A high priest that rends flesh with a razored chain? Interesting. I've noticed you following Aurora around, but I don't recall you ever mentioning what brought you to the city.

(1d20+27)[34] P
    (1d20+33)[45] KN

13. - Top - End - #163

"A sacred mission," Kest replies, though remains tight lipped on the details. "Know this helps Aurora, so am happy to do." His eyes turned toward the tower and it's dark energies, a frown on his lips. A shake of his silvered head, and he turned back to Gorrun.

"Do not like this. Feels... ah, what is word... angry?" He shook his head. "No, not angry... old... dark..."
    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

After having made sure all the people of her temple were taken care of Sharra made her way back toward the east tower to see what she could do to help. Sighting General Gorrun she makes her way over, her gems glittering from the torchlight.

"General. Is there anything I can do to help? Do your men need food while they keep watch? I can brew some thinking drought... Help figure out what's happening ?"
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2017-10-03 at 07:54 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun looks at Kest with a squint in his eye. I know the common tongue is difficult for you, and circumstances make it a bad time to be heard conversing in the pit tongue. Is there another language you would be more comfortable with? I have studied the native dialects of every people I have encountered, the chances are good I can understand whichever you know. It is a good practice for a general to be able to read and interpret any correspondence that he comes across, as well as to recognize even vaguely familiar symbols at a glance.

When Sharra approached, Gorrun sighed. The war has claimed its first casualty. Mere minutes after you had offered your services, Juvelnord found herself needing them and unable to send word in time. The Court Mage, Lady Hervir has crossed the bridge to Asgard. I can keep the men motivated and awake, but I can do nothing to feed them. If you can provide this service you will be serving the kingdom in a time of great need. Something even the drunken god is sure to take note of.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A look of sorrow washes over her.

"May the Valkyrie take her in hand. "

Sharra counts to herself. As gorrun accepts the offer.

" I can give heroes feast to the 105 who need it the most. It takes an hour to eat. I'll prepare a feasting section over here. Send me 15 at a time, 7 waves over the next 7 hours and well get these boys fed. If any have... Been made I'll by... Partying too hard send them to me, I'll fix them up and back to their duties. "

Sharra moves off to the side and begins casting 1/7 heroes feasts for the troops. Afterward she looks out for any that need medical attention or a heal spell to remedy any ailment they may have. She will work the next 8 hours to ensure the army is in tip top shape.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

17. - Top - End - #167

A bit of surprise crossed his face, but Kest offered a small smile.

Spoiler: Undercommon
    Show
    "Undercommon, I suspect, you understand. Being so near a compound of Underdwellers, I mean."

Kestejoo shifted on his hooves as his eyes studied the tower enveloped in the dark energies, his feeling of discomfort growing with his anxiety.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Show
    I do indeed
    Gorrun Offered.
    Show
    I appreciate you offering your aid in the mines, and here now.

I must admit, I was a bit put off by such an early elimination in the games and I did not see all of the matches, forgive me, I must have missed each of yours. With your absence at the banquets and other ceremonial gatherings, I hadn't realised that you were a third tier contestant.

Gorrun listens to the priestess and watches her get to work. As he stares out over the ten thousand gathering men and women and their beasts, he decides to wait until some begin to show the effects of hunger and inviting those to eat.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2017-10-04 at 10:24 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Once the first Heroes feast is cast and troops begin eating, Sharra gets to work to provide calories for soliders she will not be able to feed with food. She casts Fabricate on the group to create a series of Open Casks to hold 120 Gallons of Water. Fabricate

She then casts Create Water three times to fill the Casks with water.
    Create Water

She then moves across the Barrels blessing them in the name of Cayden
    Tears to Wine

She looks to Gorrun.

"All the men who wont be able to eat the feast tonight, send them to me in turn for a Ration of Mead to fill their bellies. If they are Soliders of Juvenrod, a Ration of Mead shouldnt even phase them on their duty. Cayden's mead will sharpen their senses"
    Spoiler: Those who drink the Mead
    Show
    +10 to Int and Wisdom Checks for 150 Minutes
    Festival of Heroes:

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun draws his tankard and dunks it in the first vat. He lifts a pint of mead to his lips and drinks it down with a gulp. Yes, this will do nicely. he motions for the soldiers to begin filing through to recive their ration. After the remaining 2,879 pints had been served he looks to Sharra. Could you do that three more times?
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2017-10-04 at 11:15 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sharra smiled, giving blessings to soliders as they received their rations.

"Of Course General. Cayden's Blessings when it comes to mead is quite bountiful. "

Sharra repeats this process another 3 times as the barrels fully emptied out. As the fourth round was emptied Sharra began to rub her hands.

"I can make more Mead, but it wont be as blessed as the mead Ive served so far. Let me know what else you may need, and I'll see if Cayden can provide"
    Festival of Heroes:

22. - Top - End - #172

At the General's words, Kest blinked and tilted his head, confusion clear on his face.

Show
    "I'm sorry? I don't know what you mean. I did not fight in the tournament.
    But why would you ask this?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

frown Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Tears of Amber - Main

Get some rest Priestess. You may be called upon to tend the wounded far too soon. Gorrun bows his head to respectfully dismiss Sharra.

Gorrun shows a bit of confusion of his own.
    Show
    Your bow, and the vest you're wearing bear the maker's mark of the crafters that were commissioned to craft the tournament prizes. The prizes were inventoried before the tourney, so I ruled out your involvement with the rebels who attempted to hijack the shipment. None of the contestants have reported any thefts to my knowledge, so I was left only with the possibility of you competing and me strangely missing each of your bouts. Perhaps you purchased these items from the tourney through Aurora?

Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2017-10-04 at 05:16 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sharra Bows in return.

"Yes General. I'll be returning to Cayden's Temple, Please send a runner if you need support."

Sharra turns to heads back to her temple.
    Festival of Heroes:

25. - Top - End - #175

Understanding now, Kestejoo shakes his head.

Show
    "No, I was not a contestant... my servant came upon the items and there has been little time to seek out anyone who could tell me to whom they belonged. I do hope once this is all over to return the items... but I have a feeling, for now, we will require all the help we can get. I have other items that are of little use to me, and I offer these up to your soldiers. Otherwise, these items will just go towards funding the Lord's Order, and unless we get out of this alive, the Order will not see them."

Kestejoo motioned for Lumont to bring the bags forward, but waited for an response before giving him further instructions.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun nods
    Show
    I see. Look, I personally don't give a damn where you got them. No one has reported them missing, so there's nothing to concern me. If you use them in defense of Juvelnord, in my eyes, you will have earned them. As far as donations for the war effort, those are always welcomed.

Gorrun motions toward the front lines and the red bearded dwarf comes trotting over. Hannibal, take a look at what the hired man here is offering, see if your boys can put it to use. The dwarf grunts Aye Sir, will do.

Gorrun raises his Lord's Banner high into the air and waves it to rouse the soldiers and keep them alert. He moves toward the tower keeping just far enough away to avoid contact with the mysterious energy. Then he kneels and places his hand on the ground for a moment asking just above a whisper to seemingly noone sense anything?

Spoiler: DM
    Show
    My ring has 120' blindsense, can I empathicly sense whether it senses anything subterranean?
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2017-10-04 at 09:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177

The centaur nodded and quickly instructed Lumont to show the dwarf the items. Then, Kestejoo turned back to Gorrun.

Show
    "I hope you understand something... I help you in this because it helps Aurora. I do not do this for your city. Your city... has dragged me from my Temple. From the life I knew. Your city has shown me temptations and corruptions, and I want nothing to do with it. Once Aurora is safe... and once my mission is complete... I will leave and return to the work of my Lord."

He knew, though, that returning to the Order would never be the same. That he would never be the same. Not after all he had seen and experienced.

Spoiler: items
    Show

bracers of armor +1
    robe of needles
    headband of mental prowess +2 (wis/cha, knowledge martial)
    ornament of healing light
    bane baldric

muleback cords
    belt of thunderous charging
    doomharp
    bottle of messages
    meridian belt

dry load powder horn
    bracers of steadiness
    glowing glove
    Last edited by dysmorphia; 2017-10-04 at 09:24 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Some of the heroes went to bed with heavy hearts, while others kept themselves busy to distract from the heartache. The short night seemed ever so much shorter in the grief. Tension was palpable in the air around the tower.

The heroes who slept woke to a beautiful summer day on the low end of hot, sunny and clear, bitterly belying the circumstances within the blue-and-white, bubble-like dome.
    Spoiler: Prediction for Day 12, Survival DC 15
    Show
    Inclement weather expected. Cloud coverage, rain, cooler temperatures.
    Spoiler: Prediction for Day 13, Survival DC 20
    Show
    The weather is expected to be normal for the season, with temperatures in the upper 80's with clear skies.
    Spoiler: Prediction for Day 14, Survival DC 25
    Show
    The weather is expected to be normal for the season, with temperatures in the upper 80's with clear skies.
    Spoiler: Prediction for Day 15, Survival DC 30
    Show
    Spoiler: Prediction for Day 16, Survival DC 35
    Show
    A hurricane was spotted out at sea several days ago, and is expected to make landfall today! Expect extreme wind and rain all day!
    Spoiler: Prediction for Day 17, Survival DC 40
    Show
    Possible continuation of effects from the hurricane! Might die down to normal rain, lasting all day.

Spoiler: Shield condition Arcana DC 31
    Show

Spoiler: Gorrun & Kest
    Show
    Since you didn't sleep, you are fatigued for the day.

Though anticipation was high, there was still no sign of emerging demons... yet.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2019-05-13 at 04:54 PM.
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor awoke groggy and depressed. She rolled over to the side of the bed to pet Tricey. "Morning, baby bird. Did you eat all your food? We can get you some more." she cooed.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix sits on the floor of the top floor of the Mage's Tower, surrounded by stacks of papers. Torilee sleeps in a corner. Aurix rubs his eyes as he feels the spell keeping him awake begin to wear off. He begins to meditate, allowing his body's spell energy to replenish. After 15 minutes of this, Aurix opens his eyes. Torilee begins to stir. Aurix rises and stretches, working out the kinks in his muscles. Then he moves over to her and begins casting his morning spells. He realizes that some of them are still active from having been cast yesterday afternoon, and leaves those there.

Spoiler: Spells cast
    Show
    Spells already there:
    Second Chance- recast during the dueling
    Moment of Prescience- recast last night after studying "breach"

New spells cast:
    Greater False Life- (2d10+20)[24] temp HP for 21 hours or until used
    Merge With Familiar- Aurix and Torilee can fuse together as a move action for 21 hours
    Mind Blank- +8 vs Mind-affecting, immune to scrying and detection magic for 21 hours
    Ablative Barrier- converts first 5 points of lethal to nonlethal for 21 hours or until 50 points converted
    Grand Destiny- +4 to 4 rolls in the next 210 minutes
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn