New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: The Forbidden Land of Sundara: Broken Sun IC

Branden

"Hmm..." Branden looks down in response to Keyiris' explanation of Lethio's attitude. Can't really judge him for that, I suppose, he thinks.

"The most important thing to remember when going up against Judge Thornton is to never underestimate him. He is a powerful man with deep-rooted convictions and an excellent mind for tactics. He and several of his retinue have a strong divine connection, that they are not afraid to wield as obviously or as subtly as needed. If they cannot catch us themselves, they may send a hit squad after us, usually made up of highly skilled trackers with just as radical of convictions as Thornton himself."

There is the slightest amount of catch in Branden's voice as he talks about Thornton's hit squads, as if he is regretting something, though it is not particularly noticeable to any but the most observant.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Thesa

Lethio's words went to heart. She nods, lightly, thinking of the times she'd heard similar sentiment. "The same war as Aquila". She listens to Keyris and Branden, they seemed to be taking it more seriously now. There was a real chance they would run into the inquisition. There were other things too.

"I can grant a blessing that would give protection. It should last through most of the day." She show it on herself first, muttering the recitation as a hand goes to her bracers. Protect us She offers this to those that would like it.

There was also another issue. If she understood Father Lucius's magic, this should work. "Father, please give me a moment with them." Once she performs the blessing, she turns to the two archers. She wanted them to see it, hoped they understood it. "The bird is gone, I'd rather you not be here when it returns. Please, answer the questions you were asked. Who sent you? Who were you after? Do that and we'll let you go, as long as you realize the danger of this profession." She steps towards them hands cupped in front of her, taking the magic of the circle against evil with her. Once they are under its effect, she adds. "I can offer you a day's worth of provisions, just leave all of this behind you."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Castng Magic vestament for +2 Enh to Armor for 10 hours.. I can hand a few of those out if someone would like it.

The Magic Circle should suppress the domination effect, but if they try to run away, it would return.

Diplomacy (1d20+15)[27]
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2018-01-05 at 06:48 PM.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

"I would prefer to avoid a fight today, if possible. I would also prefer to never see that horrid bird eat again. So my vote is to get Father Lucius and Thesa out of danger. I hate to leave the horses, but I believe flight, low and through the hills,
    gives us the best chance at avoiding Judge Thornton and his men."
    Issachar speaks quietly, but with the confidence won by avoiding capture by the Order for almost a year.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie Arz View Post
    THE PARTY
    Aulinair nodded. "I received Master Isschar's message and sent to Sister Khallis. She knows of our arrival and offers Father Lucius sanctuary in Jor'daams." She tightened her lips. Aurix knew although Khallis was a valuable source of information for the Resistance about the happenings in the human lands, many found her newfound faith in Mornay distasteful and an affront to Nai'Tuhra, the patron deity of the elves. Some considered her conversion a betrayal of her heritage. Aurix did not detect anything different about Aulinair from their previous meetings.

"I don't think the fly spell would work on these animals." She said, pointing at the horses. One of the dominated bandits guffawed but the vacant look did not leave his eyes. They stood harmlessly with their bows on the ground. Aulinair shrugged. "And what do you plan to do with them?"
    Aurix narrowed his eyes. Nothing about the way she was speaking told Aurix that she was lying but there was the sense there that she was deliberately not answering his latter question. Either it was a need to know piece of information or Aurix wouldn't like what the information was. Judging by the choice of allies present he figured it was probably the latter. Aurix sighed, Allies indeed...

"Very well Aulinair, keep your secrets. I trust that I will be informed in time."

With their meeting essentially concluded Aurix returned to the rest of the group.

Upon returning to the group and overhearing the conversation Aurix responded,

"One's race is not a definitive marker for allegiance. Actions are but perhaps that bitterness overrides common sense and wisdom... It has in the past and I don't see this cycle of hatred ending anytime soon." Aurix remarked sadly. "You and your familiar are not incorrect there Keyris though I cannot speak for others I have been prepared for an altercation should we run into the Inquisition. Watching the skies for enemies may be a moot point however. I figure that if they were flying they would have arrived well before now. That signal in itself would have seen to that and you would have seen them in your own approach if they were."

Aurix declined the offer of extra magical protections and watched briefly as Thesa went to speak to the two dominated brigands while he continued to listen to the conversation around him. Turning his attention back Issachar mentioned dismay at leaving the horses.

"Indeed it will be sad to leave such dependable travelling companions behind and once we clear the obstacle the inquisition poses it will make travelling more difficult, but if we do choose to evade by flying taking them poses many an impracticality that we have no solution for."

Aurix looked over to Bokki who looked distinctly uncomfortable, more so than usual. Deciding to take it into his own hands Aurix looked back at Issachar and sighed, "it is possible we will be leaving behind another travelling companion", giving a brief nod of the head towards Bokki before moving over to join him.

Spoiler: offering an in character out for Bokki in light of OOC posts
    Show
    "Bokki, old friend. I know that this journey was not what you had in mind when I asked for your assistance and knowing your preferences I figured I'd offer you an out. You are in no way beholden to me so I cannot force you to stay, nor can I force you to go. That is your decision, however, should you decide to go, as recompense for your time I'd like you to take our horses. It is likely we will not be able to bring them with us and should you decide to go, you could sell them in town for a tidy sum. I know it's not your usual fee but circumstances being what they are..."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If you choose to use this offer Plushie, Aurix will shake Bokki's hand monkey grip style with platitudes like "until we meet again"
    and "say hi to your uncle for me" before returning to the group to explain what's going on and giving the rest of the party, though most likely issachar since they technically know each other the best, the chance to RP their farewells
    "Trois choses ne peuvent pas être cachées ... le soleil, la lune, la vérité"

Currently Playing - The Calm Before the Storm - OOC | IC
    Former Games - The Forbidden Land of Sundara: BROKEN SUN- OOC | IC
    The Forbidden Land of Sundara: INSURGENCY- OOC III | IC III

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

THE PARTY
    With little encouragement from Lucius, the dominated bandits offered no resistance to Thesa's line of questioning.

"Gorram and his lads told us to join him. Said there was promise of gold and good sport. He had friends in the Order and said the soldiers will leave us alone."

After Thesa was finished with the two men, they picked up the offered provisions and left for the hills with slow, measured steps. Aulinair looked on with pursed lips, and she did not say anything.

Bokki nodded at Aurix's offer with a smile.

"I'll take the horses back to town. There's danger ahead and I'll make sure the townpeople aren't hurt by whoever's coming. We will meet again"

DM: Is Lethio still content to follow with attacking the mounted inquisitors?
    THE FORBIDDEN LAND OF SUNDARA

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

LETHIO
    Obaith soared overhead, out of spell range of the riders below. The riders below briefly paused, having noticed the bird and its rider and soon gave chase. With a squeeze of his legs, Lethio commanded his vicious companion to relieve itself in the skies. The remnants of the monstrous bird's last meal showered down below. To the druid's chagrin, the foul cascade of bird droppings and semi-dissolved bone missed the inquisitors but it was clear he had caught their attention and they were giving pursuit.
    Last edited by Plushie Arz; 2018-01-17 at 09:53 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Sensing a decision had been reached, Issachar makes his goodbyes to Bokki.

He then casts a spell, transforming himself into a huge creature that looks like a kite. "Pile on. Let's take advantage of the time we have and get under the cover of the mountains. Once there, we can hunker down until I can study my spellbook. Tomorrow I will get us all to Oledentown safely."

Show
    Extended Polymorph into a 10HD Huge Cloaker
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”

Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Thesa watches the men go, unsure how to feel about their answer. So they were in fact willing to work with men such as these. For what it was worth, she hoped it meant that in the inquisition's eyes, the impure could work their way back. It was... the kindest interpretation.

Issachar's transformation was unexpected. She took a step back in surprise before slowly approaching. Carefully, she steps on. "Branden, can Nyx follow us from the ground?"

"If not, it may be strange, but I think I can help her run alongside us."

Show
    Thesa offers a casting of Air Walk on Nyx, if needed.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Branden

After distributing the equipment from the defeated, Branden reties the bindings on the man Nyx carries, then answers Thesa.

"Do you mean to give her flight? It might be tricky, but I think I can keep her from panicking. Go for it."
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

"Flight, but not quite like in Anastasia's notes. It's like... It lets you decide if there's solid footing beneath your boots with every step. You can move to the heavens if you walk as if climbing a flight of stairs, or over hills that aren't really there. Give me a moment."

"Here girl. Easy." Guide our steps as we have faith She goes over to Nyx and places a hand on her. Once the spell is cast, she gives her a scratch and smiles.

"Once you get it, it's soothing the way the wind blows up there."

Show
    Casting Air Walk on Nyx

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Lethio is disappointed, but still satisfied to get the inquisition's attention. He directs Obaith to fly back towards the rest of the group he's been charged with protecting.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

DM: +400xp to the group. DM: I will roll a percentage change to see if the Inquisitors are able to follow Lethio to the rest of the group. There is an 85% chance they can follow Obaith to where Issachar and the rest of the party are.
    Spoiler: Secret Roll
    Show
    (1d100)[56]

THE PARTY
    Issachar's body contorted and flattened. His clothes and equipment merged into his body and flattened into the round, leathery disk form of a common cloaker. Branden and Aurix had heard of those creatures living in the dark caverns of the Great Dividing Chain. They were known to move silently on the cavern ceilings, and preyed on unwary travellers. In addition to their stealthiness, they were also known for their great strength and they could easily carry a small group of people on their side.

"A polymorph, Master Issachar? You weren't able to cast this spell the last time we met. It is advanced transmutation, what some consider to be the signature spell from that school. I'm impressed."

Issachar couldn't see Aulinair's expression but it was the first hint of warmth he had heard from her all day. With Lucius, Keyiris, Thesa and Aurix on his back, the mage took to the skies. Aulinair, Branden, Skathus and Nyx followed as they flew eastwards, away from Chan'taal.

Obaith and Lethio soared above the skies, keeping an eye on the group of mounted inquisitors below. Their horses moved much faster than normal mounts. They did not seem bothered by the hard, hilly terrain or light brushland which would have crippled any normal animal which attempted to run through it. The riders split into two groups, with eight keeping chase. The sun was starting to rise now and Obaith could smell the familiar smell of the pegasus and humans which they met earlier this morning upwind. It seemed they took to the air to evade the inquisitors. They were still some distance away but an hours flight would bring them there.

The group had a head start in the skies and they were confident they could reach Oldentown before the Inquisitors could intercept them. However, Issachar was unfamiliar with this new form and the unexpected weight of his passengers made him travel slowly. The uneven flight made Lucius, Thesa and Aurix rather sickly. This was not the same as a flight spell, where they had complete control over the altitude and direction. Stray insects blew into their faces and a strong gust was blowing eastward. They clung on for their dear lives.
    Last edited by Plushie Arz; 2018-01-21 at 09:50 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

13. - Top - End - #163

The enormous creature Issachar polymorphed himself into was something of night terrors told to children to keep them on the straight and narrow by their parents but his experience to date had never been with one the size the wizard had chosen. The flight east and north was bumpy to say the least and Aurix after the first few lurches switched his stance to that of the Spider's dance, rather than his usual hunter's sense, favouring not falling from a great height rather than catching the scents on the wind. Still somewhat queasy and not trusting himself to talk lest his breakfast prefer to speak on his behalf on the long flight, Aurix continually scanned the land below, or what he could see of it, for signs of the inquisition, and higher up signs of their wayward companion Lethio and his companion Obaith.

Spoiler: Spot
    Show
    Take 10 = 25
    Last edited by Alias_Trench; 2018-01-23 at 02:15 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Thesa holds on, trying to peer towards the earth below during the flight. She was calm, smiling, even as her stomach churned and insects met their end trapped in her hair. She could wash up once they landed, if the sickening feeling became too much, the goddesses would allow her a panacea. If she slipped, and found herself racing towards the earth, an updraft would save her and her feet would find the air solid as stone.

She was blessed with every tool she could need. She held on from Issachar's front rim and looked onward.

Show
    Will follow Aurix and roll Spot

(1d20+9)[10]

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

THE PARTY
    The terrain grew rockier and more uneven as Issachar flew the group away from the main road, towards the Great Dividing Chain. Scatterings of blasted trees and rocks dotted the ground and Aurix saw the shadows cast by the rising sun. To the south-west, a winged creature was approaching.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Thesa watches the scenery change from up above. When whatever winged creature is approaching comes to view, Thesa adjusts herself to better see it. She takes a moment for her stomach to settle before attempting to speak. "Is that Master Lethio?"

Show
    Spot check to try to make out details on the winged creature: (1d20+9)[22]

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

THE PARTY
    The familiar shape of the horrid eagle, complete with its scales, hardened feathers and the scraggly rider on its back made its way towards the group. The bird was flying at average speed, quite unlike how it took off just an hour earlier. The sunlight cast a bronze hue over the crusty feathers of the large bird.

As Lethio and Obaith approached, the rest of group noticed a trail of dust rising from the ground below. Eight riders followed the bird in a spearhead formation, their horses almost gliding effortlessly through the rocky terrain and brushland. They wore the white and grey of the Order, although it was almost impossible to discern any further details at their current speed and the distance.

BRANDEN
    Spoiler
    Show
    Judge Thornton never travelled so openly in such a small group. Branden knew his former mentor was familiar with hunting and baiting his quarry, waiting until exhaustion did the bulk of his work. The holy man was not a ranger but he had the instincts of one. He remembered the times the Raven Wolves escaped only by the skin of their teeth. If the riders pursuing Lethio worked for Thornton,
    they would not be alone.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

He's led them right to us!?! Issachar's frustration would definitely show, if he had a humanoid face. But the face of a cloaker is harder to read. He begins searching for a defensible place to land, knowing he can't outrun soldiers on horseback loaded down as he is.

Show
    Search (1d20+7)[19] for a defensible hill or hard to approach cliff face to put our backs against.

Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Lethio directs Obaith to glide next to the rest of the group, shouting over the wind. "Eight in pursuit, eight more broke off from the group after they started chasing me. If we turn on them now we can pick off half of their force before the others show up!"

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

KEYIRIS

Keyiris grumbled briefly to himself, peeved at Aulinair's comment regarding the signature spell of transmutation. However, now was not the time, and so rather than having Aza’Athavariel debate the fine points of magical theory, he let the moment pass, nodding in approval at Issachar’s spell and plan. Delighted at his new ally’s display of arcane power, Keyiris mounted up when the time came.

Keyiris seemed to take the journey better than the others; his own specialization in transmutation magics and his earlier eagle-borne flight had acclimated him well to such means of travel. While he had never himself worn a cloaker’s form, its merit for load-bearing flight was undeniable, and Keyiris made a note of it for future use. He would have to discuss with Issachar what other fantastic creatures the man might be familiar with, when he was once more a man, of course.

His mind drifting to spell theory, Keyiris was lost in thought when Obaith once more flew into view. Thesa’s voice jolted him from his silent reverie, and he looked on with a pained half-smile as Lethio approached with the foe in tow. He’s done it, tact be damned. Keyiris grimaced as the druid shouted his findings, and he looked expectantly to the others, Branden moreso than anyone else. “What say you?”

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

THE PARTY
    The ground below was rocky and uneven but it offered little protection from the mounted inquisitors. They were gaining on the polymorphed mage and it was only a matter of time before they overtook him. Despite his poor cloaker eyesight, Issachar spotted an outcrop four hundred feet away which dropped steeply into thorny bushes below. The inquisitors could only approach from the west and the sharp fall could deter the horses, no matter what enchantments protected their movement. There was enough room for the party to gather and make their stand.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Branden

When Branden sees Lethio and Obaith pursued by the riders and hears Lethio's call to fight them right here, his mind begins racing into crisis mode. He and Skathus scan the ground for any defensible position, and Skathus whinnies and gestures when he sees the outcropping that Issachar seemed to be headed for.

Branden quickly forms a plan and yells back toward Lethio, "Or we can be easily surrounded and destroyed! You've never fought Judge Thornton before!"

He calls out to the others, "Keep going and try to set up a defense at that outcropping," he points, "I'll try to slow them down a bit! Keep your eyes sharp for the others in Thornton's crew!" Then he whistles for Nyx and points at Father Lucius, yelling "Defend!"

With that, Skathus wheels as Branden pulls out three dragonsbreath arrows and picks out the horses he wants to target. He says a silent prayer to Mornay, gives a quick look around for any sign of the other group, and then braces himself as Skathus dives toward the ground, opening his wings and landing lithely with the inquisitors just at the edge of Branden's range with a bow.

Branden's sights his shots, and looses three arrows in quick succession, one at each of the leading three horses, figuring that the sight of any horses on fire will panic all of the inquisitors' mounts.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Spot (1d20+9)[13]

Attack rolls (each that hits will force a DC 15 reflex save from the horse to avoid catching on fire)

(1d20+16)[27] (crit confirm (1d20+16)[34])
    Damage (1d6+3)[9]+1 fire (crit (1d6+3)[5])

(1d20+16)[29] (crit confirm (1d20+16)[25])
    Damage (1d6+3)[5]+1 fire (crit (1d6+3)[4])

(1d20+11)[31] (crit confirm (1d20+11)[28])
    Damage (1d6+3)[4]+1 fire (crit (1d6+3)[5])
    Last edited by Breitheamh; 2018-01-30 at 06:29 PM.
    Show

Town Square execution.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

As Branden splinters from the group, Thesa clutches her holy symbol with one hand and holds on to Issachar with the other. She closes her eyes and utters a prayer. "Guide our steps as we have faith"

She obeys and looks around, Branden seemed certain the other would not be far behind. They were going to cause the goddess to grieve, weren't they?

Show
    Casting Air Walk on herself

Spot: (1d20+9)[17]

24. - Top - End - #174

Aurix saw the bird and its master return from the south with a small group of pursuers in tow. It seemed everyone else had also noticed and Lethio shouted a call to arms as he approached. Branden splintered off from the group, moving to engage the inquisitors from range. Aurix gritted his teeth, swallowed the bile that was sitting in his throat from the ride, and turned to view the situation that was unfolding. Issachar seemed to be heading for an outcropping that Branden had also pointed out. It seemed like it would be defensible but Aurix was hoping to engage the inquisitors before they got close enough to try to harm his wards. Having minimal ranged capability and only effective within a certain range, Aurix continued to assess the situation and waiting for an opportune moment.

Show
    @Plushie, how high up are we/how high up is the outcropping? Aurix might try and pull the same tactic he used against the centipede constructs in the jungle but I need to know if it would be completely suicidal or only mildly suicidal at this point
    Last edited by Alias_Trench; 2018-01-31 at 08:59 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

THE GROUP
    DM: The party is three hundred feet above the air. The outcrop rises about 40 feet above ground but it's difficult to estimate the total drop because the terrain inclines and is incredibly uneven.

Reflex 1:(1d20+7)[9]
    Reflex 2:(1d20+7)[18]
    Reflex 3:(1d20+7)[25]

Branden darted in and out of the group of inquisitors on Skathus' back, keeping himself out of spell range. He was all too familiar with the spells of holding and restraint favoured by Thornton's men - spells which robbed casters of their senses and warriors of their strength. Fortunately for him, they were of limited effectiveness at longer distances. He loosened three arrows at the foremost horses. They were not enough to kill the beasts but one of the destriers caught aflame and it collapsed to the ground in terror, bringing its rider down with it.

Some two hundred feet away from the ledge, Skathus spotted the openings of a cave hidden behind a pile of stones. With a neigh, he alerted Branden to its location. It was a risky proposition. If the cave was connected to a deeper network, it could provide for some measure of protection against the Order inquisitors. The horses will be unable to accompany them underground and the snaking tunnels would slow their progress, and expose them to ambush. However, if the caves were sealed on the other end, it could be a death trap and Thornton could easily smoke them out.
    Last edited by Plushie Arz; 2018-01-31 at 09:09 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Issachar circles the outcrop as he makes his descent. He lands on the largest clear spot he can see, and shakes himself lightly to encourage disembarking by his passengers. As the last of them set their feet on the ground, he transforms back into himself and begins casting again with a rod in hand. This time, the changes are not so drastic, but striking nonetheless, as he becomes a winged, elven version of himself.

"I would that we didn't have to fight today, but it has come upon us.
    Thanks to our horrid friend, anyway. I suggest we all prepare in useful ways. I will cast another spell to speed our actions when the time comes, so stay low and stay close until the inquisitors reach arrow range."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Cast Extended Alter Self (w/ the rod) to transmute into an Avariel and Eyes of the Avoral to gain better vision. Haste is readied to cast on the party.

Current Spells: Greater Mage Armor - +6 AC, Eyes of the Avoral - +8 Spot for 100 minutes, Alter Self - Avariel: http://dnd.arkalseif.info/races/race...-95/index.html

Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

KEYIRIS

The others' responses were enough of an answer for Keyiris, and he began weaving a number of spells around himself. At Issachar's prompting, Keyiris hopped from the polymorphed mage's back onto the stone of the outcropping, drawing his longsword as he went. He looked on as Issachar changed shape once more, raising an eyebrow at his ultimate form, and speaking up when the other mage had finished. "Save your breath for a different spell. I will cast the one you intended when the time comes," he declared, holding a retrieved licorice root shaving at eye level between the two of them.

Aza’Athavariel spoke up at Keyiris' comment, in the hopes of clarifying his meaning for those unfamiliar with the way of a swiftblade. "If we understood correctly that you intend to invoke Haste once more, you need not do so. Its casting is second nature and comes more quickly to my master than most mages; it would be more efficient to divert your arcane powers elsewhere," the amulet uttered as Keyiris tucked it again into the neck of his tunic, obscuring it from view.

Just now truly addressing the assembled group for the first time, Keyiris looked to each of the others moving about the outcropping, earnestly yet inelegantly offering his spellcasting abilities. "Would any of you find it advantageous to briefly possess flight, invisibility, greater size or a form that is not your own?" he asked, gesturing to himself with the open hand not holding his blade. Suddenly and unceremoniously turning to Thesa, Keyiris spoke now to her in particular, forcing a grateful smile. "I would appreciate the protective blessing you offered before our flight." His intentions in preparing made clear, Keyiris glanced expectantly to the others, and in the direction of the coming battle.

Show
    Keyiris casts Heart of Earth on himself, as well as Shield if the Inquisitors are expected to arrive in much less than 10 minutes. If necessary, he will hold back with the latter spell until the enemy is closer.

Keyiris also has limited castings of Fly (1), Invisibility (2), Enlarge Person (1) and/or Polymorph (2) for those who want them. The durations for each of those spells is 10 minutes.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

As Isaachar lands, Thesa steps onto the ground and lets everything settle. She watches him transform, eyes wide. The form of an angel with elven features was quite a step up from the demon that had carried them here. She takes a few steps onto the air, for a better view, but stops when Keyiris calls to her.

She smiles, nodding. "Of course, hold still." She takes a deep breath and lays a hand on Keyiris, murmuring a short recitation as she does so. Protect us. As long as the goddess answered her prayers, she felt she was on the right path, in her favor. It was a good thought, given her company and the men they were to stand against.

Show
    Casting Magic Vestement on Keyiris (10 Hours, +2 Enh to Armor bonus)

29. - Top - End - #179

"A fight was an eventuality we would have had to prepare ourselves for Lethio or not. Tactucally aplitting their number works somewhat to our advantage. We now know that they number arround 16 men and judging by the movement of their mounts, they also have adept spellcasters." Aurix replied to Issachar. "We will simply have to adapt to the situation as it presents itself"
    Aurix then turned to Keyris "I dont want it cast now but if you are in a position to increase my size just before we enter combat or whilst we're in combat and it is tactically sound to do so I consent to and would appreciate the boon."

Aurix kept his eyes peeled to the surroundings, looking at both the charging inquisitors but also for signs of the rest of their entourage.
    Spot (1d20+15)[24]

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

THE GROUP

The group did not have to wait long until they saw movement through the coarse brushes. Aulinair uttered a quick chant and an aura quickly formed over her body, encasing her skin in a substance harder than stone. At first, they thought another inquisitor had joined the group but the moment they glimpsed the clockwork wings and metal-clad body of the newcomer, they quickly changed their minds. The newcomer resembled a metallic centaur, with barbed chains in place of its forearms and covered in golden filigree patterns. Its frozen, emotionless visage slowly scanned the group, until it stopped at Lucius. Its voice was an unworldly monotone.

"The fugitive is located. I am sanctioned to use lethal force to apprehend the fugitive. Please cooperate to avoid unnecessary harm."

ISSACHAR
    Spoiler
    Show
    Issachar did not think he would see one of the inevitables in person until he gazed upon the mechanical body of this creature. The inevitables were divine servants of the Dawnbringer, and they assisted the Radiants in their purge of heretics and unbelievers. Unmoved by pleas or threats, they are relentless hunters and executioners of the guilty and nonbelievers alike. Their metallic hides form part of their body and they are resistant to most lesser spells and attacks. This particular inevitable was known as a Zelekhut. Its primary weapons were the two chains linked to their forearms, and it was capable of flight.

DM: Aulinair cast Stoneskin. Branden goes first.

Initiative
    Aurix (1d20+7)[18]
    Lucius (1d20+2)[16]
    Issachar (1d20+2)[17]
    Skathus (1d20+2)[14]
    Branden (1d20+7)[22]
    Thesa (1d20+2)[9]
    Obaith (1d20+5)[15]
    Aulinair (1d20+6)[22]
    Lethio (1d20+3)[20]
    Keyiris (1d20+9)[26]
    Nyx (1d20+2)[5]

Zelehhut: (1d20+9)[22]
    Inquisitors: (1d20+6)[7]
    Last edited by Plushie Arz; 2018-02-08 at 07:27 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

IC | OOC
    INSURGENCY
    IC I | IC II | IC III
    OOC I | OOC II | OOC III