New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: My Hero Academia 2: I will endeavor to become a thread you can be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    So, Cartoon Network's Anime has reached the point of All for One being introduced. As introduced here, instead of passing n+1 abilities to someone else over time, here one body gets a bunch of powers all at once. So Deku's ability will eventually become much more powerful, but right now Nomu's is stronger.

... And, this is what a speedster is like in this world?
    I forget when this is mentioned (I believe it's in the second season), so I'll spoiler this.

Spoiler
    Show
    All Might beat a full-strength All for One six years before the start of the story, losing his respiratory organs and stomach in the process. Since the power stacks with each successor, Deku should be stronger than All Might at his 100%.

We won't ever really have a way to compare, unfortunately.

There are speed-type heroes like Iida and Gran Torino, but there aren't full-fledged speedsters in the vein of the Flash in the universe.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 2: I will endeavor to become a thread you can be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfThyme View Post
    There are speed-type heroes like Iida and Gran Torino, but there aren't full-fledged speedsters in the vein of the Flash in the universe.
    I wouldn't call GT a speed type.. His quirk is much more versatile, so you could call about any mobility quirk a speed type.
    Also, I guess the lack of Flash / Quicksilver like speedster is because the power cap is quite a bit lower, even with some impressive feats once in a while..
    Then again, in Vigilantes....
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #903
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I wouldn't call GT a speed type.. His quirk is much more versatile, so you could call about any mobility quirk a speed type.
    Also, I guess the lack of Flash / Quicksilver like speedster is because the power cap is quite a bit lower, even with some impressive feats once in a while..
    Pfft, you have to hit dragonball levels of power before you can call it even with DC characters lol. GT is more a fast flier than a speedster, Iida is definitely a speedster though, even if he of course doesnt compare to "light speed is me power walking" Flash levels.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #904

So, Cartoon Network's Anime has reached the point of All for One being introduced. As introduced here, instead of passing n+1 abilities to someone else over time, here one body gets a bunch of powers all at once. So Deku's ability will eventually become much more powerful, but right now Nomu's is stronger.

More or less, yeah. Speedsters who are more than just Go Fast. Motorcycle Legs, hollow bones that shoot out air, speedsters in this universe are Interesting.

Speaking of vigilantes, it's gotten really weird but in a fun way. I like it!

Anyway, new chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    Ended a lot sooner than I expected, but that's Bakugo and his team for yeah. An unrelenting explosion! I enjoyed it.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ettin in the Playground

Just pointing out that the speedsters in this world, MHA, are less than Mach 1 / Subsonic / No Sonicboom. This is very different than most speedsters in DC and Marvel which are Mach 1, Mach 5, and sometimes insane stuff like Speed of Light or Faster.

Off the top of my head one of the dc speedsters that is less than Mach 1 is Young Justice Kid Flash, but Flash in YJ is easily faster than the speed of sound. Speedsters really does not make sense for being 10x faster than the fast olympic human (100 meters in 10 seconds is 22.37 miles per hour) is 223.7 miles per hour. 10x faster reaction time means you can easily dodge bullets (get out of the way) but you can't outrun bullets in a race (that is because you have a much shorter distance to move, humans are less than 2 feet wide in almost all instances while a bullet fired 10 feet away has 5 times the distance to travel.) So on and so on.

So yeah MHA has speedsters but in some ways they are more realistic and less absurd than what DC and Marvel usually put out.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

6. - Top - End - #906
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Anime did mention, in episode 1 or 2, that Allmight took a major beating, and lost his internals, in that big off-camera fight years earlier.

They did NOT -- and as of yet, I don't think they have -- say who it was / what powers he was fighting against. But it definitely fits.

What we've seen so far in the Anime indicates that there's only one One for All, but All for One is placed into a recipient, which implies that it might be ramped up to 3 or 4 super-duper villains for Deku to fight at once.
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

7. - Top - End - #907

Flumph

The Anime did mention, in episode 1 or 2, that Allmight took a major beating, and lost his internals, in that big off-camera fight years earlier.

They did NOT -- and as of yet, I don't think they have -- say who it was / what powers he was fighting against. But it definitely fits.

What we've seen so far in the Anime indicates that there's only one One for All, but All for One is placed into a recipient, which implies that it might be ramped up to 3 or 4 super-duper villains for Deku to fight at once.
    After going back and watching a certain episode, they don't actually talk about the fight that gives All Might his injuries, at least, in season 2.

They haven't said it as of yet in the dub, but it does become clear in Season 3, and clearer whenever Season 4 comes out.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

It's definitely made clear that Allmight fought AfO during their rematch... I think he says so even earlier when he tells Deku about him.

Also, while it's not proven, I don't think AfO can or would multiply his quirk.
    "What's done is done."

9. - Top - End - #909
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

It's definitely made clear that Allmight fought AfO during their rematch... I think he says so even earlier when he tells Deku about him.

Also, while it's not proven, I don't think AfO can or would multiply his quirk.
    Gran Torino and All Might briefly talk about how AfO is fighting completely differently from last time (presumably because he changed his quirk loadout), and yes All Might specifically tells Deku that he defeated AfO in episode 33 when he explains the origin of One for All.

AfO might be able to transfer his quirk, but I agree he can't copy it. When he takes or gives a quirk, whoever had it before loses it.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Gran Torino and All Might briefly talk about how AfO is fighting completely differently from last time (presumably because he changed his quirk loadout), and yes All Might specifically tells Deku that he defeated AfO in episode 33 when he explains the origin of One for All.

AfO might be able to transfer his quirk, but I agree he can't copy it. When he takes or gives a quirk, whoever had it before loses it.
    True but lets talk manga and not the place in the anime Cartoon Network is at

Spoiler: Shifts from talking about Cartoon Network's Season 3 Anime of MYA, to the Manga
    Show
    This is true in the past and the present for All for One. But we also know that they are creating Nomu with technology / trying to create Nomu with technology, so will this always be true? Perhaps in the future All for One can be transferred to multiple people and not have a single wielder.

For example we know Black Nomu all have regeneration (or at least to be technical all Black Nomu that Endeavor has encounterd, and remember Black Nomu has a quirk that can overwhelm / defeat regeneration unlike other heroes like All Might.)

We also know All for One lacked a regeneration quirk until recently and this was a unfortunate thing according to All for One and his Doctor for the villain side for it would have been good for All for One to have the regeneration quirk before he developed scar tissue with normal body regeneration.

This means the villians have learned how to "instill" regeneration via technology without need a person with the regeneration quirk, or it means they have learned to give a regeneration quirk to several Nomu.

----

If they can do this with regeneration, it is possible they can do this with other quirks including the super elite All for One quirk. The Hideout / Rescue Bakuygo Arc and the High-End / Pro Hero arcs are both big deals from a story standpoint for it tells us the reader that the Villians are advancing / evolving and this is scary for the readers for it means we need to expect the unexpected now. Our initial assumptions / past information given to us the readers may no longer be accurate / transfer to the present / future.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2018-12-04 at 04:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

There isnt evidence of any of this.
    We cant say that technology is involved in anything above storage of Nomu.
    And we certainly cant say that its possible to create them without AfO.

We also cannot, or should not, say that AfO can now copy Quirks,
    just because he missed that in the past. There are lots of chances for
    him to grab that at later occations. And its not that many regenerating Nomu's we have seen.
    Not more than it can be explained by AfO kidnappning a family somewhere.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Speaking of vigilantes, it's gotten really weird but in a fun way. I like it!
    Yes, this was a weird chapter... but damn, you don't recognize your best friend if she puts on a wig, Koichi? I guess rules of the medium...
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #913

Yes, this was a weird chapter... but damn, you don't recognize your best friend if she puts on a wig, Koichi? I guess rules of the medium...
    IN HIS DEFENSE, I didn't recognize either of them, even after they took off the wigs for a bit in the bathroom.

And I'm a SMART person, with FORKNOWLEDGE OF THEIR THOUGHTS. Koichi's a dumb****. I'll cut him some slack.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

IN HIS DEFENSE, I didn't recognize either of them, even after they took off the wigs for a bit in the bathroom.

And I'm a SMART person, with FORKNOWLEDGE OF THEIR THOUGHTS. Koichi's a dumb****. I'll cut him some slack.
    Wow, I didn't know you thought that poorly about Koichi I always assume in-universe the people don't look as alike as they look to me.. But I might just be wrong on that. But yeah, haircut is just a very defining feature for us.

Not much on the new chapter, except Katsuki might be the most tsun guy I've ever seen in Manga.
    "What's done is done."

15. - Top - End - #915

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    That, and maybe All for One is able to detect Deku now that he's made contact with the first user.

The plot thickens.

16. - Top - End - #916

Popping in here a moment to link the good news, before hiding from scanlations.

Weekly Shonen Jump, starting December 17th, is going free. Forever. You can get each chapter, for free, without payment, the same time as Japan. You now have NO reason to use the scanlations, and I'll be VERY cross with you otherwise. Unless the ap doesn't work in your country which they're still working on. But if you live where you can actually get it, it's FREE. You have no excuse anymore!

Also, if you pay them 1.99 a month, you get every series from beginning to end that's ever been in Jump, pretty much.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ettin in the Playground

Weekly Shonen Jump, starting December 17th, is going free. Forever. You can get each chapter, for free, without payment, the same time as Japan. You now have NO reason to use the scanlations, and I'll be VERY cross with you otherwise.
    Is this form of LaZodiac cross...
    • is it as fun type of cross, as LaZodiac's RWBY cross?
    • Or is it more Dark Phoenix I am going to burn down the world form of cross?
    Will this cross-ness also contain elements of crass-ness?
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2018-12-07 at 05:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #918

I think a little bit between. I won't really get MAD mad, since I know everyone has their situations in life and like I said, the Shonen Jump website doesn't work for everyone.

but at the same time there's literally no excuse.

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

I think a little bit between. I won't really get MAD mad, since I know everyone has their situations in life and like I said, the Shonen Jump website doesn't work for everyone.

But it means I have to wait like four more days... And use their poor reader (also, still need to do extra work to get around the region lock) they get my membership fee anyway... I kind of see the problem but....
    Also, free archive, awesome! But I don't quite see how this is a good business decision.
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ettin in the Playground

Part of me now wants to see this.

I kinda want to see this reckoning. The Dark Phoenix La Zodiac laying waste to all the injust in her path, and then there is nothing left but water ... only for La Zodiac to become the Egyptian Bennu who finds a new world a new reality by finding a spot of land in this astral / oceanic sea.

I just realized how I want to die, the most glorious death is to die while watching a new world to be born. (But it is not that day...yet.)

21. - Top - End - #921

But it means I have to wait like four more days... And use their poor reader (also, still need to do extra work to get around the region lock) they get my membership fee anyway... I kind of see the problem but....
    Also, free archive, awesome! But I don't quite see how this is a good business decision.
    I mean, you don't HAVE to pay once it hits the 17th, the payment will only be for the archive. And yeah, having difficulty using their site is entirely legit.

It's totally a great business decision, so many series are hard to find or have terrible, ****ty scanlations. Even One Piece, a great fantastic series, is hard to find good copies of some of the arcs. Now all of them are available, officially, for two bucks.

22. - Top - End - #922

Flumph

Weekly Shonen Jump, starting December 17th, is going free. Forever. You can get each chapter, for free, without payment, the same time as Japan. You now have NO reason to use the scanlations, and I'll be VERY cross with you otherwise. Unless the ap doesn't work in your country which they're still working on. But if you live where you can actually get it, it's FREE. You have no excuse anymore!

Also, if you pay them 1.99 a month, you get every series from beginning to end that's ever been in Jump, pretty much.
    Huh, neat. That's nice to be able to use official sources.

I do make it a point to buy translated volumes once they're out because I believe that supporting artists is the right thing to do, but those lag behind quite a bit.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

The Jump thing is US/Canada only, and I doubt they're going to change that ever due to international licensing.

It's a good idea, and I'd use it for the couple of Jump series I read if it was ever going to work here.

But it isn't.

24. - Top - End - #924
    Titan in the Playground

Ugh, so I had typed out a lengthy thing about the viz issue but I don't want to take this too far towards politics economics.
    In short, I'm totally for supporting creators and for me, short of sending Oda & Co an envelope with 20$ inside a viz membership is the most convenient way to do so. If you prefer another way, cool. That said, viz has problems, partly their fault partly not, but it's not my preferred way to read the issues but I pay them anyway (and I don't pay anyone who makes scans)
    If you can, you should support the creators in some way, but if you do that, enjoy their content in the way that's most convenient to you.

(of course, if it was a huge issue for them, I feel like figuring out where the scans come from cannot be too hard, so... maybe the publishers aren't nearly as worried as we might think)
    "What's done is done."

25. - Top - End - #925
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

I find the online reader to be so hard to use that I would rather not read them. If this is an announcement that there is a new reader, different from the standard webpage reader, that will be wonderful.
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay stuff like this FEEDS me and renewals my soul. Go read this tweet.

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1071176100917604352

This is my vital essence, this is my spirit my animating force, this is my Ka 𓂓 !

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

I find the online reader to be so hard to use that I would rather not read them. If this is an announcement that there is a new reader, different from the standard webpage reader, that will be wonderful.
    Giving it some thought, they might be using it to prevent the easiest 'save image' method of stealing pages... I'm not sure how effective it is, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Okay stuff like this FEEDS me and renewals my soul. Go read this tweet.

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1071176100917604352

This is my vital essence, this is my spirit my animating force, this is my Ka 𓂓 !
    So... What Zodiac said two days ago? Or the person's reaction?
    "What's done is done."

28. - Top - End - #928
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Giving it some thought, they might be using it to prevent the easiest 'save image' method of stealing pages... I'm not sure how effective it is, though.
    It's exactly that, and how effective it is is barely relevant because the scans are always available from somewhere else basically just as fast.

I mean I know they have to do it to make the rights holders happy, and they think it gives their archive proposition value, even if it's totally ineffective at protecting the content and just makes the legitimate user experience worse than the pirate experience, just like all DRM, but there we are.

It's the old lesson, piracy is a service problem, not a pricing problem.

People don't primarily pirate content because it's too expensive, they do it because it's more convenient.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ettin in the Playground

So... What Zodiac said two days ago? Or the person's reaction?
    Its the person's reaction

It wasn't the message but instead the messenger that sustains me.

Caleb Cook's job as a freelancer is to bring these products into the US with official translations. He is the one doing the official MHA translation, and he needs to get paid, and he is a freelancer that has been hired to do this via a contract (not a permanent employee.)

I take delight / joy for it reveals the man behind the machine, that it isn't an abstract thing anymore, an objectification / fetishistic thing where you think of it as a company product, no this is a collaborate enterprise created by people and so on.

I am glad he is fighting / being an advocate for his own interests. He is not letting a 3rd party do it, but he is directly engaging people and putting a human face on this.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

To talk about the actual story - well, side-story - again for once:

Spoiler: new vigilantes
    Show

Thanks to Midnight things didn't go terribly wrong but otherwise not much to say... I'd been curious about Koichi taking Trigger.
    Also, geez, what a terrible ball of relationship issues... Please don't delve further into this.
    "What's done is done."