New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 2: I will endeavor to become a thread you can be proud of

A lot of things could have happened, but given that Monoma was actually glowing when Uraraka tackled him, I think he did manage to succeasfully copy One for All. But one of two things went wrong:

Monoma only Copied the "base" power of One for All and gained the ability to stockpile power and pass it on. There was just nothing in the stockpile.
    Monoma successfully copied One For All, but the stockpile he copied was only as strong as Deku's contribution to it, IE he ended up only being like 30% stronger than normal.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 2: I will endeavor to become a thread you can be proud of

Hm... I hope we will get an explanation but until then I don't feel like coming up with more theories.

Also, vigilantes.
    Spoiler: Late Christmas party
    Show

Weird Koichi would be so dumb not to realize the danger of CC' quirk details being leeked... And a bit of poor story telling to make it important in the same chapter. At least I'd prefer to wait another chapter or two...
    (I might forget details from the last OP arc but my attention span isn't that short... most of the time.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Hm... I hope we will get an explanation but until then I don't feel like coming up with more theories.

Also, vigilantes.
    Spoiler: Late Christmas party
    Show

Weird Koichi would be so dumb not to realize the danger of CC' quirk details being leeked... And a bit of poor story telling to make it important in the same chapter. At least I'd prefer to wait another chapter or two...
    (I might forget details from the last OP arc but my attention span isn't that short... most of the time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Koichi is a little thick headed at times, it probably just slipped his mind cause he was cold. And...yeah, it's a little clunky to tell us that now. Though they did mention his aerodynamic field in his intro if I recall, so this is just re-contextualizing what it means.

Also, I...I'm surprised on the turn around in CC's character. It's nice to see most of his lawsuits where frivolous due to him just being a big dumb American idiot and not because he's actually THAT bad. He's just...American. I hope he doesn't get exploded to death by GENETICALLY MODIFIED SUICIDE BOMBER NOUMUS WHAT THE **** SPEEDBOY?!?

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ettin in the Playground

Anybody consider the possibility that Monoma now has the ability to make his copy quirks last longer due to the stockpile nature quirk that is part of One for All? Will this be the last we see of Phantom Thief?
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

5. - Top - End - #1115

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Anybody consider the possibility that Monoma now has the ability to make his copy quirks last longer due to the stockpile nature quirk that is part of One for All? Will this be the last we see of Phantom Thief?
    Kinda ending up like kevin 11 from the ben 10 show? Has all these powers all sorts blended together.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Titan in the Playground

But maybe him copying OfA will lead to him also becoming a power sponge...

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Koichi is a little thick headed at times, it probably just slipped his mind cause he was cold. And...yeah, it's a little clunky to tell us that now. Though they did mention his aerodynamic field in his intro if I recall, so this is just re-contextualizing what it means.

Also, I...I'm surprised on the turn around in CC's character. It's nice to see most of his lawsuits where frivolous due to him just being a big dumb American idiot and not because he's actually THAT bad. He's just...American. I hope he doesn't get exploded to death by GENETICALLY MODIFIED SUICIDE BOMBER NOUMUS WHAT THE **** SPEEDBOY?!?
    I'm more concerned with pointing out the problem why making details of a power public could be a problem, at the same time it matters. I feel a bit talked down to as if we'd need to have that explained to us.

But yeah, CC needs some image upgrade before someone goes after him, or we might not like him enough Children always work well.
    And.. Yes, I guess exploding villains are fine again.. Better not think too hard on that.
    "What's done is done."

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

Where is it now you are reading Vigilante?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

8. - Top - End - #1118

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Where is it now you are reading Vigilante?
    On the legal website where it's released bimonthly for free.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

On the legal website where it's released bimonthly for free.
    i.e. Viz' website, as long as it's available in your country.
    "What's done is done."

10. - Top - End - #1120

Or the Shonen Jump phone ap, which is more available in other non American countries and is available on computers as well as phones if I understand correctly.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Also, he can swap between quirks he's copied making his next move somewhat unpredictable.

I think the reason he failed to copy OfA isn't because plot armour, but because he can only copy up to four (three if that was a lie to trick Ochako), and Deku just manifested six new ones, so his power didn't know what to do with the information overload.
    I always just assumed that since one for all is already a power that can be given, but has the permission requirement. That it would also protect the user from being powerstolen or copied.
    Last edited by Devonix; 2019-02-05 at 01:27 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ettin in the Playground

Monoma's skin was glowing. He had One For All, and was attempting to use it. It Just didn't do anything.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

Thats that was the one i were looking for.

Though it is of course troublesome to visit.
    Perhaps i will see if the shonon jump thing works on my computer.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ettin in the Playground

A question for the moderators? Each week on Sunday (or whenever it comes out) can I just post the link to Viz's website?

Since this is the direct legal source and it is free for the most recent 3 issues (so the most recent 3 weeks or sometimes longer.)

It will be nice and easy for the other readers of the manga where they can see this forum and see a new chapter is out and there is a forum post that links directly to where you can read it for free. Would this be okay with Giant in the Playground Forum rules?

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

A question for the moderators? Each week on Sunday (or whenever it comes out) can I just post the link to Viz's website?

Since this is the direct legal source and it is free for the most recent 3 issues (so the most recent 3 weeks or sometimes longer.)

It will be nice and easy for the other readers of the manga where they can see this forum and see a new chapter is out and there is a forum post that links directly to where you can read it for free. Would this be okay with Giant in the Playground Forum rules?
    Sheriff: I guess we reserve the right to actually rule on this when we see it. But generally, you can link to somewhere else offering free artistic content, yes. Is the content itself forum-appropriate given our rules here? If so, that seems fine. If not, then definitely don't link there.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Sheriff: I guess we reserve the right to actually rule on this when we see it. But generally, you can link to somewhere else offering free artistic content, yes. Is the content itself forum-appropriate given our rules here? If so, that seems fine. If not, then definitely don't link there.
    Nods makes sense. Thank You

(I am thinking this something like this format. Feel free to offer suggestions on how to change it.)

New Chapters for My Hero Academia and MHA - Vigilantes
    My Hero Academia Chapter 215 released on 02/03/19 Shonen Jump and Viz.com free most recent comic viewer.
    MHA - Vigilantes Chapter 046 released on 01/25/19 Shonen Jump and Viz.com free most recent comic viewer.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    I always just assumed that since one for all is already a power that can be given, but has the permission requirement. That it would also protect the user from being powerstolen or copied.
    We know it can't be forcibly taken, it has to be wilfully passed on (from the Stain arc), but I'm not sure that applies to it being copied because that's a function of OfA itself not of another quirk.

We know that it can be affected by quirks that affect quirks, because Eraserhead can turn it off and All for One granted it in the first place. (Failing to understand the compound nature might be why he can't take it back.)

So ordinarily I'd say Monoma probably should be able to copy it.

Monoma's skin was glowing. He had One For All, and was attempting to use it. It Just didn't do anything.
    Monoma's skin was glowing, but that's not a necessary component of One for All's power boost because All Might's skin never glowed. He bulked up. (Maybe one of the other five we don't know about affects this somehow, and that's what Monoma actually got. It also explains why the power comes out so differently between users).

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ettin in the Playground

You're speaking as though Monoma had inherited it, as opposed to... Copying it. Because he copies quirks. So it makes total sense that his activation of a One for All copied from Deku would have much the same visuals to it.

Also All Might's Muscle form is hand-waved away as him just flexing. It doesnt have anything to do with One For All- note that he has bulked himself up at least twice after using up the last dregs of his power.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Also All Might's Muscle form is hand-waved away as him just flexing. It doesnt have anything to do with One For All- note that he has bulked himself up at least twice after using up the last dregs of his power.
    Also, the "time limit" that he has to sustain it is entirely due to his own failing health. Even before passing on OfA, his time limit was decreasing - which is mentioned to Midoriya in the second(?) episode. Without OfA to support him, he can only flex for a brief amount of time - and it's basically a gag at that point.

I haven't watched the film yet, but it's not entirely unreasonable to assume that the guy used to be pretty massive in the past, even without using One for All.

20. - Top - End - #1130

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfThyme View Post
    I haven't watched the film yet, but it's not entirely unreasonable to assume that the guy used to be pretty massive in the past, even without using One for All.
    Not so much. When we see a flashback of his training with Gran Torino* (specifically him being punched so hard he vomited despite having One for All active) he's not much bigger or bulkier than Gran Torino himself (who used to be quite tall). He's a much more normal sized, if athletic, person.

At the very least, in his current state the muscular form of All Might is maintained by One for All, in the big fight against AfO the muscle shifts as he, at the very end, uses the power like Deku does at the start to selectively boost certain limbs knowing he's sacrificing them as he does so. You can see it happen. The muscular form is maintained by One for All and is an expression of it for Toshinori, the way lightning crackles and red glowy bits are for Deku.

* Not often considered, but power-wise if he was ever bothered GT would probably still be in the top five heroes.

21. - Top - End - #1131

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Not so much. When we see a flashback of his training with Gran Torino* (specifically him being punched so hard he vomited despite having One for All active) he's not much bigger or bulkier than Gran Torino himself (who used to be quite tall). He's a much more normal sized, if athletic, person.

At the very least, in his current state the muscular form of All Might is maintained by One for All, in the big fight against AfO the muscle shifts as he, at the very end, uses the power like Deku does at the start to selectively boost certain limbs knowing he's sacrificing them as he does so. You can see it happen. The muscular form is maintained by One for All and is an expression of it for Toshinori, the way lightning crackles and red glowy bits are for Deku.

* Not often considered, but power-wise if he was ever bothered GT would probably still be in the top five heroes.
    To be fair that was when he was a teenager Deku's age. He's still way huge compared to Deku.

22. - Top - End - #1132

Flumph

To be fair that was when he was a teenager Deku's age. He's still way huge compared to Deku.
    He was also larger in that scene though than he was in the season 3 OP when we see the handover from Nana, who he is somewhat shorter than but who GT was about the same height as.

Toshinori was larger than Deku, but he wasn't even as evidently muscular as Mirio even somewhat after getting One for All.

23. - Top - End - #1133

Flumph

Sneak preview of new chapter:

Spoiler
    Show

Just the wrapup for the series, Shinso gets a bit of a pep talk despite not thinking he did very well, will be joining the hero course in the next school year.

Uraraka and Deku are embarassed and cute. People are suspicious about what happened with Deku's power.

Monoma is going off to see Eri. Possibly so that copying her power into a more developed mind will help teach her to control it. See, even he can be useful.

Mineta is a disgusting freak and should be convicted for his crimes.

Spoiler: Double Spoiler? It's just speculation.
    Show
    I have a suspicion that the UA traitor will be coming to fruition before the end of this school year, and Shinso will replace whoever it was.

Given that we've just had the cultural festival arc, that would put the current in-universe date close to the end of the second term. (Cultural festivals also act as open days for prospective students and parents looking at a school for the next year, they tend to happen on November 3rd because it's a national holiday, second term runs to the end of December).

I suspect that the next major "villain arc" might unmask the traitor, but I suspect there'll be a christmas/end of term story first.

24. - Top - End - #1134

New chapter, availble now due to a holiday coming up!
    Spoiler
    Show

Class A wins! Ashido is the best and makes it very clear Mineta sucks, which is good and correct. And Shinso is, without a doubt, going to join the hero course next year! Hell yeah!

And...it seems the "Blank" thing with Monoma will get elaborated on, because they're bringing him to Eri. My guess is they'll use him to copy her ability so he can use it with the knowledge of an adult with training.

Also, it's really hilarious to me that this guy who literally went off on a rant about how he's a tertiary one note character who'll never be important...is going to have next chapter devoted entirely to him helping out a super important plot point.

25. - Top - End - #1135

Oh also there's a new Vigilantes as well..

Spoiler
    Show
    Eraser-head and Midnight playing the part of secret friend, looking the other way to Koichi and Pop's vigilantism is great. Because Midnight is super into it and Eraserhead is ****ing DONE he's so bored he's like the opposite of dramatic showmanship and it rules.

It's really funny to me that the series about Vigilantism in the My Hero world is...now basically just done that, and focused more on the lives of the characters it created. It rules.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Titan in the Playground

Not really much to say that hasn't been said...
    Fine ending to the arc, though I would have wished more focus on B class, aside from Monoma.
    But because I always have to be a spoilsport... what's up with that ending? Does Monoma even know who Eri is? Do half these people? Should Aizawa announce his plans so openly? Or did they just do it to keep the readers hooked? (Or is it in fact a plan to find whatever traitor there might be? Seems unlikely)

Vigilantes.. yeah, nice, uneventful comedic setup chapter. I really wonder how their story will end with how close ties they make with some more important people.
    Also, seeing Makoto work is weird. It makes me feel like MHA-verse is much more Tiger & Bunny than it looks usually.
    But.. how many people live in Tokyo(?) ? How come everyone knows / is related to everybody else in this story.
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #1137

Not really much to say that hasn't been said...
    Fine ending to the arc, though I would have wished more focus on B class, aside from Monoma.
    But because I always have to be a spoilsport... what's up with that ending? Does Monoma even know who Eri is? Do half these people? Should Aizawa announce his plans so openly? Or did they just do it to keep the readers hooked? (Or is it in fact a plan to find whatever traitor there might be? Seems unlikely)

Vigilantes.. yeah, nice, uneventful comedic setup chapter. I really wonder how their story will end with how close ties they make with some more important people.
    Also, seeing Makoto work is weird. It makes me feel like MHA-verse is much more Tiger & Bunny than it looks usually.
    But.. how many people live in Tokyo(?) ? How come everyone knows / is related to everybody else in this story.
    I imagine they do since they saw Eraserhead walking around with her.

I should probably watch Tiger and Bunny since it's probably really good. And it makes sense that the heroes would know each other, you wanna keep a tight knit group in case you need to have a team up episode.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

I imagine they do since they saw Eraserhead walking around with her.

I should probably watch Tiger and Bunny since it's probably really good. And it makes sense that the heroes would know each other, you wanna keep a tight knit group in case you need to have a team up episode.
    I know I'm being pedantic but I still feel that cliffhanger seems unnatural, except to provide information to the reader. I might hold MHA to too high a standard at times.

It's beein a while but I liked it quite a lot. The premise might be better than the plot, but the characters are likable and the plot isn't all bad, just not overwhelming. I'd recommend giving it three episodes to see if you're into it.
    I'm more talking about the sudden siblings... Though, I suddenly get deja-vu. Is this old news and I made the same complaint back then?
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #1139

I know I'm being pedantic but I still feel that cliffhanger seems unnatural, except to provide information to the reader. I might hold MHA to too high a standard at times.

It's beein a while but I liked it quite a lot. The premise might be better than the plot, but the characters are likable and the plot isn't all bad, just not overwhelming. I'd recommend giving it three episodes to see if you're into it.
    I'm more talking about the sudden siblings... Though, I suddenly get deja-vu. Is this old news and I made the same complaint back then?
    If you mean All Might's cop liason being related to the lie detector girl, we knew that already.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

I dont mind the Monoma focus. He has an interesting quirk.
    And a even more interesting set of mental issues that quite obviously comes directly from how he cant see his quirk measure up to All Might.

Funny enough, at times i directly suspect that All Might did a bit of damage with his overwhelming success as the greatest hero.
    It created a standard thats more or less impossible to measure up to.