New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 2: I will endeavor to become a thread you can be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I dont mind the Monoma focus. He has an interesting quirk.
    And a even more interesting set of mental issues that quite obviously comes directly from how he cant see his quirk measure up to All Might.

Funny enough, at times i directly suspect that All Might did a bit of damage with his overwhelming success as the greatest hero.
    It created a standard thats more or less impossible to measure up to.
    I'm pretty sure they've all but stated as such that yeah, All Might was a double edged sword.

2. - Top - End - #1142

Default Re: My Hero Academia 2: I will endeavor to become a thread you can be proud of

Hey so Funimation just released a special valentines day trailer for My Hero Academia: Two Heroes, and it features David Shield and All Might expressing their genuine love for each other, and also shows that Bakugo and Kirishima share a room on the artificial island and Kirishima PACKED BAKUGO SOME FANCY CLOTHING AND BAKUGO WEARS THEM.

I'm not saying they're gay but I mean they're gay. They're gay guys.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Ov...em-uploademail

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The movie is pretty "Meh" IMO... The fights are kinda boring and the villain is completely forgettable. It's interesting to see young All Might and there are some cool scenes in the final battle, but that's pretty much it.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2019-02-14 at 08:16 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

New Chapter:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not to much happens but what does is pretty interesting Bakugo once again shows off and is now fully part of the secret club, we get an explanation for why copy boys power didn't work and fallout boy continues to copy Eris movements in a funny way.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    See I would have figured Kota was the one Deku would pass One for All on to, but the way he's being Dadku to Eri...

Also I was right about Monoma using One For All. Just putting that out there.

And yeah, thank Flying Spaghetti Monster there was no Monoma's limbs blowing off, even though he probably should have been able to work out the percentage-based limits of he has the Required Secondary Power of intuition. It's kind of ambiguous as to whether that's what Aizawa was referring to with "learn how to use it."

Though the question now is what Eri is accumulating that lets her do the rewinding...

Maybe it runs on mental trauma and she just has to watch a few scary movies.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2019-02-15 at 08:37 AM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    See I would have figured Kota was the one Deku would pass One for All on to, but the way he's being Dadku to Eri...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think the difference in age is too small. They are less than 10 years apart, IIRC. Unless Deku goes into a very early retirement for some reason, it's unlikely that he'd pass One For All to someone who is so close to his own age. If he did, they would probably have to pass it again in less than a decade.

Spoiler
    Show
    And yeah, thank Flying Spaghetti Monster there was no Monoma's limbs blowing off, even though he probably should have been able to work out the percentage-based limits of he has the Required Secondary Power of intuition. It's kind of ambiguous as to whether that's what Aizawa was referring to with "learn how to use it."

Though the question now is what Eri is accumulating that lets her do the rewinding...

Maybe it runs on mental trauma and she just has to watch a few scary movies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe pain? Although, IIRC, she erased her parents before being kidnapped (or something like that), so maybe some substance they were giving her when she was still a hostage? Or maybe the resentment of other people...
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2019-02-15 at 09:22 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Hey so Funimation just released a special valentines day trailer for My Hero Academia: Two Heroes, and it features David Shield and All Might expressing their genuine love for each other, and also shows that Bakugo and Kirishima share a room on the artificial island and Kirishima PACKED BAKUGO SOME FANCY CLOTHING AND BAKUGO WEARS THEM.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Ov...em-uploademail

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    So anyone want to talk about Ashido pulling a Clockwork Orange on Mineta?

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So anyone want to talk about Ashido pulling a Clockwork Orange on Mineta?
    Spoiler
    Show
    He deserves nothing less.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    *looks up what A Clockwork Orange is*

Oh.

He really does.

not much else to say other than to hope that it sticks.

as for Bakugo and Kirishima: eh, I dunno, I see Bakugo is the kind of person who kind of takes Kirishima for granted even if they're good friends so even if Kirishima has feelings for Bakugo its not entirely clear if Bakugo feels the same way. like Bakugo is the kind of guy focused on his studies and his goals even if someone is trying to get his attention romantically, he wouldn't know how to return affection or that he should, nor be particularly good at picking up romance overtures. he'd be bad at giving back in a relationship. which to be blunt is kind of the problem with many shonen protagonists, they are so focused on their goal that while they make great friendships and even good romances, they make it all about them and are unable to really return the support their given in their daily life. its a consistent fact that heroes like Naruto and Goku when they grew up both have problems with their sons and their wives have to wait for them to come back from Hokage/fighting, while HxH has a similar problem with Gon and Gin, to the point where Gon doesn't really consider the guy a real father. so it wouldn't surprise me if Bakugo and Kirishima even if it becomes a thing, has similar problems.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #1151

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    *looks up what A Clockwork Orange is*

Oh.

He really does.

not much else to say other than to hope that it sticks.

as for Bakugo and Kirishima: eh, I dunno, I see Bakugo is the kind of person who kind of takes Kirishima for granted even if they're good friends so even if Kirishima has feelings for Bakugo its not entirely clear if Bakugo feels the same way. like Bakugo is the kind of guy focused on his studies and his goals even if someone is trying to get his attention romantically, he wouldn't know how to return affection or that he should, nor be particularly good at picking up romance overtures. he'd be bad at giving back in a relationship. which to be blunt is kind of the problem with many shonen protagonists, they are so focused on their goal that while they make great friendships and even good romances, they make it all about them and are unable to really return the support their given in their daily life. its a consistent fact that heroes like Naruto and Goku when they grew up both have problems with their sons and their wives have to wait for them to come back from Hokage/fighting, while HxH has a similar problem with Gon and Gin, to the point where Gon doesn't really consider the guy a real father. so it wouldn't surprise me if Bakugo and Kirishima even if it becomes a thing, has similar problems.

Dont forget one piece
    Spoiler
    Show
    where the main protagonist is utterly oblivious to the sheer level of thirst that at least one woman is displaying for him.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

Isn't it Bi the Way with the David character for he has a daughter? Or is the daughter adopted? (subtext I haven't seen the Two Heroes movie yet.) Now in my shipping-head-canon Toshinori Yagi / All Might is definitely gay and his shipping interest is that police officer Naomasa Tsukauchi. Even symbols of peace need someone to cuddle with when the night is dark and full of terrors, and Naomasa Tsukauchi knows the One-For-All secret and All-For-One backstory.

I so much agree with what you are saying Lord Raziere, but being a devil advocate for some people write different styles of stories than I prefer.
    Spoiler: Bakugo Shipping
    Show

as for Bakugou and Kirishima: eh, I dunno, I see Bakugou is the kind of person who kind of takes Kirishima for granted even if they're good friends so even if Kirishima has feelings for Bakugo its not entirely clear if Bakugou feels the same way. like Bakugo is the kind of guy focused on his studies and his goals even if someone is trying to get his attention romantically, he wouldn't know how to return affection or that he should, nor be particularly good at picking up romance overtures. he'd be bad at giving back in a relationship. which to be blunt is kind of the problem with many shonen protagonists, they are so focused on their goal that while they make great friendships and even good romances, they make it all about them and are unable to really return the support their given in their daily life. its a consistent fact that heroes like Naruto and Goku when they grew up both have problems with their sons and their wives have to wait for them to come back from Hokage/fighting, while HxH has a similar problem with Gon and Gin, to the point where Gon doesn't really consider the guy a real father. so it wouldn't surprise me if Bakugou and Kirishima even if it becomes a thing, has similar problems.
    I agree these type of stories with shonen protagonists / deuteragonist do not work on the romantic front if you have Bakugou's personality, but in other stories it sometimes works. Just like there is the Manic-Pixie-Dream-Girl trope saving / teaching the shy guy to love, there is also a similar trope of you having a man with voliatile feelings and you get the man to explode one time and be vulnerable with his feelings and he learns to practice his feelings and have a relationship. Note we already have a similar moment like this occur with Bakugou and Izuku in Season 1, Episode 8. The episode is literally known as Bakugou's starting line for Bakugou watches the other matches after his and Izuku's match and he realizes he has lots of growing to do, he realizes Icy-Hot can probably beat Season 1 Bakugou and Bakugou was extremely vulnerable in this exchange.

Well Bakugou does his most growth after these challenges / vulnerable after the challenge moments, so it is possible we may see Bakugou and Krishima. Except I do not expect this for it would be a boring story, and even if these two hook up it would be a boring romance. Certain types of romances are more like "comrades" and to external people this comrade relationship may be cute but it is also to external people it is boring for there is no drama or excitement just cooperation.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Dont forget one piece
    Spoiler
    Show
    where the main protagonist is utterly oblivious to the sheer level of thirst that at least one woman is displaying for him.
    Spoiler: On One Piece
    Show
    Oda hasn't used the word itself, and I don't know enough Japanese to know that there's even a word for the concept in the language, but Oda has gotten a lot of questions regarding Luffy and how he navigates sex and romance, and has basically described an asexual person.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: On One Piece
    Show
    Oda hasn't used the word itself, and I don't know enough Japanese to know that there's even a word for the concept in the language, but Oda has gotten a lot of questions regarding Luffy and how he navigates sex and romance, and has basically described an asexual person.
    [spoilser]Luffy is adventure-sexual.[/spoiler]
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't disagree, I just found it amusing and thought I would point it out.

16. - Top - End - #1156

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Isn't it Bi the Way with the David character for he has a daughter? Or is the daughter adopted? (subtext I haven't seen the Two Heroes movie yet.) Now in my shipping-head-canon Toshinori Yagi / All Might is definitely gay and his shipping interest is that police officer Naomasa Tsukauchi. Even symbols of peace need someone to cuddle with when the night is dark and full of terrors, and Naomasa Tsukauchi knows the One-For-All secret and All-For-One backstory.

I so much agree with what you are saying Lord Raziere, but being a devil advocate for some people write different styles of stories than I prefer.
    Spoiler: Bakugo Shipping
    Show

I agree these type of stories with shonen protagonists / deuteragonist do not work on the romantic front if you have Bakugou's personality, but in other stories it sometimes works. Just like there is the Manic-Pixie-Dream-Girl trope saving / teaching the shy guy to love, there is also a similar trope of you having a man with voliatile feelings and you get the man to explode one time and be vulnerable with his feelings and he learns to practice his feelings and have a relationship. Note we already have a similar moment like this occur with Bakugou and Izuku in Season 1, Episode 8. The episode is literally known as Bakugou's starting line for Bakugou watches the other matches after his and Izuku's match and he realizes he has lots of growing to do, he realizes Icy-Hot can probably beat Season 1 Bakugou and Bakugou was extremely vulnerable in this exchange.

Well Bakugou does his most growth after these challenges / vulnerable after the challenge moments, so it is possible we may see Bakugou and Krishima. Except I do not expect this for it would be a boring story, and even if these two hook up it would be a boring romance. Certain types of romances are more like "comrades" and to external people this comrade relationship may be cute but it is also to external people it is boring for there is no drama or excitement just cooperation.
    No idea haven't seen it yet either oops!

Anyway, new chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    What a sweet chapter! I really liked this. Nice side gags with the crowd of kids, and some good emotional stuff. I liked Bakugo noting that Todoroki is super smart...but also super gullible. That's funny to me.

And we learn what the "Blank" means for Monoma, which is interesting. In retrospect this is obvious, but it's still nice to see it.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... I feel like the bit with Eri was a bit.. Well, not pointless. But getting people hyped with no payout.
    And I'm not sure how I feel about Deku's powers coming and going but Eh.
    Otherwise good chapter, yes. As often, the characters just playing off each other is my favorite part, be it Mineta getting reeducated or Todoroki texting his dad.

Sidenote : the one-off (gaming) webcomic nerfnow did take a few shots at MHA last week, I think most of them were funny. (it's a bit heavy on the fanservice at times, you've been warned)
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

18. - Top - End - #1158

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Hm... I feel like the bit with Eri was a bit.. Well, not pointless. But getting people hyped with no payout.
    We know that Eri's power needs something to be stored up, so that's something.

I expect Eri will have increasing significance, because she's such a clear parallel to Shigaraki. A power she can't control, that she killed her own father with at a young age, but her power does the opposite thing, and she's been rescued by heroes rather than All for One.

19. - Top - End - #1159

New Vigilantes! Also apparently the main series missed this week, awe!

But yes, vigilantes! Crab girl, Fat Gum, and Eraserhead have teamed up to further investigate the drug trade! The suit comment is a little on the nose in a really fanficcy way, but otherwise this was a great chapter.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

... I didn't even notice it missed a week. Was the last chapter really a week ago?

But yes, vigilantes. I didn't know I wanted to see Aizawa play dress-up, but I sure do now.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ettin in the Playground

New Vigilantes! Also apparently the main series missed this week, awe!
    For the main series, Viz at the bottom of chapter 217 said the next chapter 218 would come out March 3rd.

It was a very sad weekend for me, for I needed MHA for emotionally I was in a funk and I was trying to get out of my head and one of the easy ways was denied from me. C'est La Vie, so is life, and this too shall past, and MHA will return next Sunday.

22. - Top - End - #1162

Flumph

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    Oh look, I wonder if this new character is evil...

Hmm he looks rather a lot like the DCAU Joker. I bet he is.

Yep.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    Oh look, I wonder if this new character is evil...

Hmm he looks rather a lot like the DCAU Joker. I bet he is.

Yep.
    Yeah New Chapter (#218) is out illegally currently on Friday, for shops have to have comics on hand but they are not supposed to release them till March 3rd / Sunday (same time Viz will have the English translation up on their website for free.) It is part of their contract to follow the scheduled release date but people post this stuff on the internet and break the rules.

[Feels conflicted but goes to read it anyway]

I will talk about the comic later when everyone else participates on March 3rd.

But OMG the 3rd and 4th panel on the first page is so relevant , when does the manga come out? For Hanta Sero wants to read it!
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-03-01 at 05:06 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1164

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Yeah New Chapter (#218) is out illegally currently on Friday, for shops have to have comics on hand but they are not supposed to release them till March 3rd / Sunday (same time Viz will have the English translation up on their website for free.) It is part of their contract to follow the scheduled release date but people post this stuff on the internet and break the rules.

[Feels conflicted but goes to read it anyway]

I will talk about the comic later when everyone else participates on March 3rd.

But OMG the 3rd and 4th panel on the first page is so relevant , when does the manga come out? For Hanta Sero wants to read it!
    Remember harry potter leaks? Oh my god those were awful, you had to spend the week before you could buy a copy offline because the jerks got ahold of leaked copies and spammed spoilers everywhere they could.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: apparently I'm a criminal
    Show
    It's acknowledged in the series itself that quirj regulations were a bit of a knee-jerk reaction and they're kind of archaic when you think about it. Personally if I were making quirk regulatio laws I would have just gone about left things as they were but quadrupled the fine or the jail time for any crime committed with a quirk. I'd also add on some kind of Quirk Insurance model to cover people with volatile quirks. It would pay for accidental damages, as well as necessary support items like Aoyama's belt.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: apparently I'm a criminal
    Show
    It's acknowledged in the series itself that quirj regulations were a bit of a knee-jerk reaction and they're kind of archaic when you think about it. Personally if I were making quirk regulatio laws I would have just gone about left things as they were but quadrupled the fine or the jail time for any crime committed with a quirk. I'd also add on some kind of Quirk Insurance model to cover people with volatile quirks. It would pay for accidental damages, as well as necessary support items like Aoyama's belt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    part of the issue though with quirk regulation is that they are also trying their cut down on insanity in situations like rush hour in the city where a dozen different people start busting out quirks to move around and everything goes to hell. It doesn’t seem to be entirely about crime as much as maintains social order in general. A fairly interesting setup compared with the way that MHA kind of pushes back in the conformity in Japanese society.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

I have finally seen MHA Two Heroes movie
    Spoiler: My thoughts
    Show

Melissa is just.....so adorable. maybe its because she appears less often but she seems cuter than Ochako and hotter than Momo. and she made something actually useful! why can't she replace crazy pink haired inventor girl? I forgot her name, Melissa is just objectively better. I'm not kidding, I don't remember pink haired inventor and Melissa outdoes her in one movie.

This movie is clearly set before the battle with One for All as All Might can still use his form for hours rather than seconds.

as for Dave, well huh, he actually made this invention to try and recapture all-Mights light.....but was turned by the governments for.....making Quirks stronger? governments turning down a source of power to enforce their will upon the world? seems unrealistic. also if it can truly enhance any quirk and was made by dude with his brains and enhances a quirk so greatly that they become this final boss even All-Might has trouble with, ooooh frack it doesn't matter if Dave failed to get his invention out, someone else somewhere will discover this eventually and have far less scruples about getting it out, these kind of things are often an arms race in the grand scheme of things and all they just did was blast their own place back to square one.

so yeah uh.....while the whole "All-Mights light isn't gone, its just in Deku" thing is great and All-Might telling the truth to his friend Dave would've probably prevented all this, but even more realistically this kind of Quirk enhancing tool would be grabbed by governments as soon as they can and we would have a Quirk arms race and even more chaos and/or war. its really convenient for everyone that whatever government is making the rules here is sane for once.

also I like how All-Might has costumes for every comic book age except the dark one.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ettin in the Playground

I have finally seen MHA Two Heroes movie
    Spoiler: My thoughts
    Show

Melissa is just.....so adorable. maybe its because she appears less often but she seems cuter than Ochako and hotter than Momo. and she made something actually useful! why can't she replace crazy pink haired inventor girl? I forgot her name, Melissa is just objectively better. I'm not kidding, I don't remember pink haired inventor and Melissa outdoes her in one movie.

This movie is clearly set before the battle with One for All as All Might can still use his form for hours rather than seconds.

as for Dave, well huh, he actually made this invention to try and recapture all-Mights light.....but was turned by the governments for.....making Quirks stronger? governments turning down a source of power to enforce their will upon the world? seems unrealistic. also if it can truly enhance any quirk and was made by dude with his brains and enhances a quirk so greatly that they become this final boss even All-Might has trouble with, ooooh frack it doesn't matter if Dave failed to get his invention out, someone else somewhere will discover this eventually and have far less scruples about getting it out, these kind of things are often an arms race in the grand scheme of things and all they just did was blast their own place back to square one.

so yeah uh.....while the whole "All-Mights light isn't gone, its just in Deku" thing is great and All-Might telling the truth to his friend Dave would've probably prevented all this, but even more realistically this kind of Quirk enhancing tool would be grabbed by governments as soon as they can and we would have a Quirk arms race and even more chaos and/or war. its really convenient for everyone that whatever government is making the rules here is sane for once.

also I like how All-Might has costumes for every comic book age except the dark one.
    I still haven't seen Two Heroes but I am conversing anyway for I am fine with spoilers on spin-off properties (I seem them as filler even if they are not technically filler.

Spoiler: Responding to Lord Raziere's Thoughts on the MHA movie
    Show

So on the aspect of worldbuilding in comics and such. Your complain about "arms races" and tech amplifiers are natural.

I agree mostly for similar reasons. But let me bring up another tech that is often just as problematic. When you introduce power suppressors / inhibitor collars / etc this too can become problematic soon for similar reasons.

----

As for Pink Hair girl in the support course (Mei Hatsume) I like this archetype of character just like I like the similar character in Attack on Titan, Hange Zoë.
    I appreciate ENTP characters in their teens who are still learning boundaries and sometimes forget to restrain themselves when they get enthusatic about tech.

Now I severely dislike said characters if they are like this all the time instead around their passion, and I fervently dislike it when mature adults do the same behavior. But I find it adorable in teens as long as they learn to restrain themselves with it. Somehow I have hope they will get better when they get older.

I can't decide if I like it with that Legend of Korra character Varrick. It worked when Varrick is villian though. Tony Stark annoys me in the MCU, I want to like him but he is an adult and should be better.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-03-01 at 11:34 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Two heroes
    Show

yeah.....suppressor collars bring up question of "well why don't they just put this on everyone and have a social system that you work your way through so that you can you release the suppression when the right situation calls for it when your given license to do so?" but really thats just a more physical version of the system the MHA already has, with most people being socially and legally conditioned to control themselves rather than being physically suppressed, which is probably healthier in all honesty than slapping on collars.

though suppression collars would probably be good thing to put on the criminals in jail regardless. they'd still have a use!

the use of amplification collars like this.....well depends on the Quirk, kind of, and we're not sure of the side effects. If the amp device was a longer term thing, no doubt that there would be a cost to using it too often much like using One For All. it wouldn't surprise me if using an amp device is just the universal tech version of Quirk Kaioken and you just hurt yourself badly doing it, and the villain just used it too short term to feel the effects. of course it'd still probably be used in the military for some things, because they're going to do that sort of thing regardless.

though now I can imagine a dark parallel universe where the MHA world went down a more fascist controlling path with suppression collars and such and the conflict becomes about convincing the world that people can be responsible and control themselves and their Quirks without needing be oppressed, and that crime will exist regardless, and that all this fascist control is doing is making people do crime more in rebellion.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Banned

Spoiler: Two heroes
    Show

yeah.....suppressor collars bring up question of "well why don't they just put this on everyone and have a social system that you work your way through so that you can you release the suppression when the right situation calls for it when your given license to do so?" but really thats just a more physical version of the system the MHA already has, with most people being socially and legally conditioned to control themselves rather than being physically suppressed, which is probably healthier in all honesty than slapping on collars.

though suppression collars would probably be good thing to put on the criminals in jail regardless. they'd still have a use!

the use of amplification collars like this.....well depends on the Quirk, kind of, and we're not sure of the side effects. If the amp device was a longer term thing, no doubt that there would be a cost to using it too often much like using One For All. it wouldn't surprise me if using an amp device is just the universal tech version of Quirk Kaioken and you just hurt yourself badly doing it, and the villain just used it too short term to feel the effects. of course it'd still probably be used in the military for some things, because they're going to do that sort of thing regardless.

though now I can imagine a dark parallel universe where the MHA world went down a more fascist controlling path with suppression collars and such and the conflict becomes about convincing the world that people can be responsible and control themselves and their Quirks without needing be oppressed, and that crime will exist regardless, and that all this fascist control is doing is making people do crime more in rebellion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why imagine a parallel world? MHA's has multiple independent countries, most of which haven't been explored yet, just set your story in, say, Thailand or something.