New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 66: Order up!

Autumnal Equinox Ball - Fade

Fade takes soon notice. His mimic is hard to read due to the scarf and also that he doesn't show mimic at all. at a certain point he will go over to the woman.

"Your staring at me." he says in his soundless voice. "How can i help you?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Magscape Attempt!]

*SNIP*

No, wait, Affy's still laughing. "Ahah! Ahaha! Oh, please, do excuse me. It's so hard not to indulge a little nowadays when I don't have a horde of metal children demanding my attention all the time. You can't imagine what it feels like to be relieved of that pressure. Now, is there anything else we actually do need to discuss before I let you go?"
    The cyborg raises an eyebrow, and reaches into the bag, to see just what kind of nonsense Affidavit is up to. Hrm. "No, I don't think there's anything. Am I about to wake up in a ditch five hours later?" Mag's not even sure if he could blame Affidavit if things do go that way. This all has to be just convincing enough to keep the clockwork doom robots from decapitating him, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Autumnal Equinox Ball]

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Anchor

A short, slim fae approaches Anchor, bowing in front of her extravagantly. His skin is a bright teal and his hair shock-white, contrasting beautifully with his bright red pinstripe suit. His shoes are an even brighter red, practically glowing in the light. Ah, and you would be the representative of Message, I presume? So wonderful to have you here, the Lord and Lady Hier thank you for your presence, and humbly request you join them at the High Table.
    Anchor gives a nod, acknowledging his presence and his bow.
    "You aren't wrong, I mean, yes, that's who I am." She smiles a little smile.
    Quite garish, this fellow's outfit. There's red, and then there's way too much red. But it fits in with all the crystal and shine, doesn't it?
    "Of course. I would be honored to join them."
    She makes her way over towards the high table, as the host indicated.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-09-12 at 09:44 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1144

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Marina and Cantata

The pair arrive just as the last of the guests are filtering into the glittering crystal cathedral. Marina is up and out of the taxi quickly, trying to beat Cantata to her door to open it. Allow me, please. She says, offering an arm to Cantata to hold onto. They certainly know how to impress, yes?

Noting the haste with a fair bit of amusement, Cantata makes no attempt to foil Marina’s gesture. It certainly didn’t hurt to humor her... and besides, Cantata was always a little indulgent. She liked to be pampered, and frankly, flattery was always a wonderful way to get on her good side.

Stepping out of the taxi with the characteristic grace of a socialite absolutely in her element, the freelancer delicately looped her arm around Marina’s own - briefly taking the chance to feel those impressive muscles as she did so - and nodded, only letting slip the faintest flicker of impression. It was quite the sight, that’s for sure, but grand displays start to lose their charm once you’ve seen so many and know the tactics behind them intimately.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Troll in the Playground

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Ellrin and Ivaz

"Ah." He's heard of people trying to leave the Nexus, but he thought it difficult, if not impossible. "Well, no use just standing around and talking. Care for a dance?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    [Autumnal Equinox Ball - Kramolagh]

With a soft laugh, Kramolagh responds, nodding with an air of formality and offering an artificial smile to those who compliment Feia's exquisite garb, "I believe I am uniquely suited to it, in f-fact. I've a certain level of... experience, as it vhere." At this, he offers a sly grin towards Feia before glancing towards the others gathered about the area, his eyes settling upon Felandria after several seconds. Although he recognizes her, his disguise likely keeps him hidden in plain sight, a fact which the man finds thoroughly amusing.

At Feia's last sentence, he chuckles, taking a deep breath. "Ah, relax. Zhere's frivolity in zhe a-air."

"Recognize zhe red-haired one?"
    After a certain plateau in life, the confidence of others becomes something of an amusement at best, a pending challenge or lesson at worst. The thought occurs to Feia, as Kramolagh's words bring back a handful of choice memories.
    She chuckles.
    "That remains to be seen, hm?"

But there she will leave it, to focus on the events before them.
    Particularly after taking a third look at the individual he points out.

The first time she looked through the ball, she noted the woman as a (tall) mild curiosity, compared to other individuals in the room. The second time around, at his question, she frowns.
    "Not particularly, no. But..."
    She sniffs, frowns deeper, and the pupils of her eyes straighten into reptilian slits. Little arcs of purple light shift through them in a way that has nothing to do with the winter fey's illumination decisions.

"Introduce me."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #1147

[Autumnal Equinox Ball]

"Ugh, what am I doing here?" Of course Intersection had been sent an invitation to the ball - just the one, probably intended for the chief as some sort of formality. Somehow it'd got into the hands of the rank-and-file and raffled off, and of course Ithuriel's name had been pulled out. She never even put her name in there! Someone had clearly decided it'd be far more fun to make her suffer than actually give it to anyone who wanted to go - probably one of those damn werewolves she'd turned down, having his revenge. She'd bet a month's salary that every name in that damn hat had been hers!

"And why am I wearing this thing? It's so uncomfortable." More muttering to herself as she fiddles with her bow tie. She knows the answer to this one - when she'd run out of ways to weasel out of going to this thing, she'd spent a solid hour or so going through her wardrobe. She had no shortage of dresses that would be suitable for this sort of event, but every one of them had been left to sit there since her vampire days. The more she'd looked at them, the more it just- it just hadn't felt right! They were a very unpleasant reminder of a time she'd rather forget. And so in some fit of madness she'd gone and bought herself a tuxedo. Nothing extravagant, really. Well, not as far as tuxedos go anyway. The standard black jacket and trousers, white shirt, black velvet bow tie...there is a little silver lining along the lapels, which is somewhat unusual, but that's about it.

Oh yes, and of course the suit has been altered to accommodate her magnificent golden wings. That's probably an important detail - and no doubt added something to the cost. There isn't enough demand for angel tuxes for there to be any rentable ones! She had to buy this!

Ithuriel sighs and looks around hopelessly - and her gaze crosses paths with someone looking around hopefully. Well, she might as well at least try and engage in some polite conversation. Stand up straight, smile, breathe. That last one's very important. Ithuriel strides over to Naku with an only slightly creepy forced smile on her face. "Good evening citizen, how can I-" She winces and pauses. She's not on duty right now! There's no need for that! "How can I-" No, no, there's no way she's going to be of any help to anyone here, she's so out of her depth! She pauses, wipes that stupid smile off her face and gives Naku a much weaker, awkward smile. "Hi. Nice outfit. Nice, um, wings. I have no idea what I'm doing here. You looking for anyone to cluelessly wander around with?" Ugh, that sounded so pathetic.
    "O-oh!" Naku's exclaims slightly, visibly surprised by Ithuriel's unexpected appearance.
    There are just too many people around! She lost track of the collection of the unique rythm and feelings of the various heartbeats around her.
    "I, apologize." Naku apologizes, after a moment to turn to face Ithuriel. And to forcably remind herself to loosen her grip, and remove her hand from the hilt of the sword on her hip.
    A bit twitchy, this one.
    Naku stammers a few more times, before just biting her lip, and letting Ithuriel have her moment of stammering, before she had her own. "Oh. T-thank you." Naku's snow White skin reddens slightly at the compliment. She never wears anything like this, and compliments are rare, and she's never sure how to accept them. "I would very much like that, please. Iiii do not know where I am or what I am doing or where I am going." Her face reddens a bit more.

Oh right! Naku is fairly tall for a human(?) woman at just around 6 feet tall (though still quite short, compared to her father). Her dark purple hair (though almost layered with highlights of pink at the moment) would fall down to about her mid-back, if it weren't bound and styled at the moment. Her skin is smooth and perfect, except for the collection of scars hidden under the dress, it's color as pure white as the snow she has power over. Her eyes are human enough though, aside from that their irises are blood red, and have odd, angular, almost snowflake-seeming miniature patterning through them.
    The rest of her face is, of course (nexus and all), absolutely stunning. Definitely of some Asian decent, as recently as her parent or grandparent. She is a vampire though, and her fangs are quite visible any time she speaks. Slightly thicker than usual vampiric fangs, and almost serrated minorly along their backs.
    The rest of Naku, of course (she is a vampire, *and* in the Nexus), stunningly beautiful, and she moves with the grace and assurance of someone that knows full well what they are capable of, and have had to temper that capabilities in the most violence of crucibles.
    On her hip, rather at odds with the rest of her formal dress, is a sheathed and peace-tied katana that has obviously both been well cared for, and whose grip shines with the look that well worn leather collects with use.

Naku and Ithuriel

Naku will be approached by a slim, fairly short fae with small, almost decorative wings. He's dressed in a brilliant blue tuxedo set against a darker shirt. It's quite a stunning look on the smaller man. Ithuriel, for her part, is largely ignored at first.

Ah, so good to see one of Civiron's Champions choosing to attend. He gives her an over the top bow with extra flourish. Your wings are absolutely stunning. How is the Goddess of Hope doing? He suddenly seems to notice Ithuriel. Oh but I see you already have a date, with some gorgeous wings of her own. The representative from Intersection, yes? There's a note to the tone that suggest that maybe they aren't quite as gorgeous as Naku's. Still very nice though. Well don't let me get between you two lovebirds, I'm just here to let you know that both of you are invited to join the Lord and Lady Hier at the high table tonight.
    And then more compliments! Aaaaaaa!
    "T-thank you too." Naku stammers at the fae. "My Lady is doing quite well. Thank you for inquiring.

Though we-" and by now Naku's face is bright red and her 'english/common was definitely not her first language' accent starts to slip through ever so slightly. "We- we are not. We just met." Her wings, even made of ice as they are, flair back with a few almost creeking sounds ever so slightly, their owner rather emberassed.
    Last edited by Mee; 2018-09-12 at 07:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

[Elven Lord]

The "elf" pauses, thinking, before finally saying:

"You may announce me as the King in Rags. Let the hosts see and hear me for what I am and leave the disguises for mortals."

[Dipsnig]

"Formerly military," Dipsnig clarifies. Truth to be told, he's never finished training or joined the Dragonbole colony commando corps, but it remains an old shame for him that he's reluctant to speak about. "And I'm afraid Gorrik here is a wolf, not a dog." The wolf stands obediently by his master. There are many smells here, but he's not allowed to investigate them just yet.

[Docks]

Michalson rather ignominously hides behind Ithuriel, pointing his gun at the thing's "heart" and making ready to shoot if decapitation doesn't quite to the job.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Prisonbreak

"Oh? Is that all?"
    The woman asks, tilting her hip to the side with a cocky smirk. "Well, I normally don't do this on first dates, buuuuuut..." Nora begins to spin, gyrating in place to unheard music as she unzips and unbuttons until she's clad in just her underwear. She puts on quite the show, discarding her clothing out of arm's reach, and is left in just frilly semi-sheer red underwear. "What do you say, hm? These guards were sleepin' on the job, weren't they? Why don't we just bust ya on outta here?" She asks, offering her hand just as her two companions angle their tranq pistols at the hopefully distracted guards to fire darts into their (likely) unprotected rear ends. The darts are quiet and the tranquilizers are potent, but even more than that the two with the guns were complete professionals and fast with their work. Barely a flick of their wrists and hopefully the guards will be slumped over and snoring moments later.
    The lizard man grunts in response, forming what could possibly be some sort of gruesome smile upon his scaly face, were it not for the fact that his bulky yellow teeth prevent such an expression from appearing anything but menacing. The reptilian prisoner looks on with a sickening expression, tongue lolling as he shifts his grip with every sultry gyration. The guards, meanwhile, are easily dispatched, having thought the intruders to be some sort of ally due to their efforts to seemingly mediate. They slump over silently, until all that remains is the guard in the lizard man's hand.

Once he notices what has occurred, he squeezes the chest of the security guard held within the grip of the gauntlet, causing his head to burst and shatter, likely causing at least a bit of blood (or worse) to splatter across Nora's form. Clearly intrigued, the reptilian discards the savaged corpse, stepping forward towards her, gripping her face with his un-gauntleted hand.

Unless prevented in some sort of way, the creature extends its vile tongue, licking at the side of her face and likely wiping away any sort of blood-spatter.

"Came all this way for me, peach?"

"Mm."

Kramolagh nods here, carrying a quick side-conversation with a curious party-goer, accentuating his conversation with clever utterances likely memorized prior to the event. "Perhaps not for long," he smirks, attractive lips curled as he quietly responds to Feia's first statement. Upon noticing her reaction, his grin only widens, his grip upon her tightening somewhat.

"Oh, I vhould love t-to."

--

With her arm still wrapped around his own, Kramolagh steps forward, gesturing towards the ginger-haired giantess. "Ms. Felandria, how l-lovely it is to see you here. You look positively wondrous, and yet... you seem to have arrived here alone? How does somezhing like zhat occur?" He chuckles darkly here, before gesturing towards Feia.

"Ah, but vhere are m-my manners," he smirks, "Zhis exquisite woman at my side is quite intrigued by you."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-09-12 at 08:06 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1150

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Autumnal Equinox Ball

Ellrin and Ivaz

"Ah." He's heard of people trying to leave the Nexus, but he thought it difficult, if not impossible. "Well, no use just standing around and talking. Care for a dance?"
    [Autumnal Equinox Ball]

Ellrin and Ivaz

Ivaz holds up a finger and finishes glass number 2. She sets it on another passing tray.

Okay, sure. Why not.

She'll go to grab his hand and head for the dance floor.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Ellrin and Ivaz

Ellrin leads Ivaz out onto the dance floor, and begins a simple dance to the rhythm of the music.

Ellrinna

"Ellen." Like her brother, Ellrinna is canny enough to use a false name for the night. You never know who's a fae agent at an event like this. "Why don't you tell me yours?"

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Face Break Dojo]

Darsy stays still, waiting for Sam to get close enough. When he reaches for her, she'll quickly drop down and spin a leg forward, trying to sweep him off his feet.

If that works, she'll pop back up just out of his reach, grinning. Gotta watch for size difference.
    [Face Break Dojo]

Sam knows it's coming, but can't do much to stop it. He uses the one arm he wasn't using to brace against the ground to keep him from sprawling onto his rear and and recover somewhat quickly.
    "Yeah, story of my life..." he grumbles.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #1153

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Anulhi

The taller woman holds a hand to her mouth as she laughs at the halfling's questions. You are just too cute. She waves her hand and with a flourish a martini glass appears there, filled with a cyan liquid. She offers it to the halfling. Do you drink? She stares with some intensity at the halfling as she offers the drink.

Felandria, Kramolagh and Feia

I must admit that it's not just your stunning good looks that drew me here. The fae confides in Felandria, taking her hand and kissing it, before drawing close to her side. I also have the pleasure of inviting you to join the Lord and Lady Hier at the High Table when the festivities start.

Then the pair arrives. Oh my, more friends? I don't share very well, I'm afraid. She throws her predatory smile towards Kram and Feia, showing off her razor-sharp teeth once more.

Fade

So glad you noticed. Says the goblin, grinning wider. To start with you can show me your beautiful smile. We'll see how the evening progresses from there. She reaches up to run her hand down Fade's chest, pulling herself in close.

Anchor

Ah, nono- The slim fae will quickly maneuver in between Anchor and the high table he set off towards. You misunderstand me, madame. Please, continue to mingle until the Lord and Lady make their appearance. He will attempt to steer Anchor away from the table, towards, coincidentally, Fayyaad. My Lord and Lady are not quite ready to receive visitors.

Marina and Cantata

Marina for her part anxiously scans the crowd as they progress into the ballroom. This is... not her usual scene. She much prefers the dinginess of the Black Dragon's Den to the pomp and circumstance of a formal ball. You have been to such... extravagant parties before? She asks Cantata by way of conversation. She can hardly fail to notice Cantata's easy grace.

Elven Lord

The fae inclines her head to her new lord, before turning to the room of clustered fae and declaiming: My Lords and Ladies, I announce the arrival of His Majesty, the King in Rags. The conversations that were going on in the room die down to nothing as she finishes the proclamation. A man stands from the back of the room - he's not the tallest man in the room, not by far, but he commands a presence that the rest of the fae respect. He stands at 6'6", with grey, metallic skin, wearing a suit the colour of the dying light of sunset, or the falling autumn leaves, or a forge at nighttime. His head is completely bald - instead of eyebrows and hair he has intricately carved patterns that shift and change when they leave your sight.

Joining him as he stands is a slight, delicate woman with red rose-petal hair, kept in a pixie cut for the moment. Her skin is a rich green, contrasting nicely with her dress - a shorter number that starts with a vibrant red around her torso that meets a red sash around her waist, transitioning into a black skirt that flares out into many ruffles, just above her knees. Her heels match the theme - red.

They approach the King together, the man bowing, the woman curtsying, before the King's new attendant speaks. My lord, the Lord Einion Hier and the Lady Drysi Hier. She quickly steps back, bowing her head until she is addressed again.

It is our great pleasure to receive you, your majesty. We are honoured you have chosen to accept our gift - she will serve you well. Einion speaks, smiling warmly. Drysi for her part has just the slightest hint of a smile on her face as she watches her husband speak.

Dipsnig

Such a small thing? There's a hearty chuckle from the woman. And with such a fine collar? No, this is no true wolf. Some would be insulted by the comparison. Her smile only grows as she stares down at Dipsnig, watching his reply carefully.

Ellrinna

Oh please, Ellen, don't distract me from the topic. He says, the slightest stress given to her fake name, his smile growing all the wider as he says it. It's Bleddyn, but you must tell me what you're doing arriving with such a bore. He chuckles lightly at Ellrin's expense.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ogre in the Playground

[Autumnal Equinox Ball - Anulhi]

Feeling quite pleased with the blue-haired woman's response, as well as the way in which she was dressed, Anulhi giggles mirthfully before gripping the frills of her exquisite orange dress and offers a charming twirl and curtsy. The halfling suspected that the blue-haired woman was likely some sort of noble, and she'd read in several of her books that it was considered polite to offer some sort of show of respect! Her curtsy was altogether inelegant, but the wide smile and cheerful expression upon her freckled face likely more than makes up for the somewhat sloppy twirl.

With a hint of red at her cheeks, she nods once she's finished her curtsy, attempting to maintain a measured tone despite her feelings of nervous excitement. "T-Thanks!!" At that she nods once more, a tad more enthusiastically, growing somewhat more comfortable. As the blue-haired woman conjures forth the bluish elixir, Anulhi's smile grows somewhat smaller as she ponders over the situation. She had always been told not to accept drinks from strange people. Fighting back against her instinct to decline the offering of drink, she instead briefly thinks back to when she was younger.

All her life, she'd lived as cautiously as she could, even during the times in which her older sister frequently got herself in trouble for doing exactly the thing Anulhi was doing now. For what, even? After what had happened to her home, she'd been struck with feelings of doubt, fearing that perhaps she'd missed out on experiencing the world growing up, as children should.

She would not allow those feelings to crop up again, especially not now.

--

In an uncharacteristically bold gesture, she reaches for the drink and downs it quite properly.

"No, but... I do now!"

15. - Top - End - #1155

Stillwater Park

Keiko steps aside Makuro's blow, opposite the arm she's using to feint, and uses her moment to try and drive her knee into Makuro's gut. It was perhaps a little rough, but this was how Keiko learned to fight in her own home - one rough lesson in what Makuro will need to do in order to keep herself safe. "You are leading your blows too much - feints mean nothing when your opponent can tell which strike is true."

Bayt Alshay

"I-" Iamar blinks a few times, then looks away from Naku. "Thank you. It has made adjusting to this place easier."

She smiles a little as she sees Naku trying the coffee. It didn't quite have the same flavor as coffee she may have tried at one of her previous jobs, being a little spicier than normal. "I think so too. I do hope you enjoy the food as well." As if on cue, their server arrives with their orders - a lamb shawarma sandwich for Naku, and a bowl of stew for Iamar. As her food arrives, she briefly murmurs to herself in Arabic.

Fishery

Iamar has yet to rise from her bow. "We beg for your forgiveness, sir. We had hoped not to interrupt your work."

She glances around as the lights are turned off. "Please, allow us to remain as you head home. We only wish to have a look around."

16. - Top - End - #1156

Ah, nono- The slim fae will quickly maneuver in between Anchor and the high table he set off towards. You misunderstand me, madame. Please, continue to mingle until the Lord and Lady make their appearance. He will attempt to steer Anchor away from the table, towards, coincidentally, Fayyaad. My Lord and Lady are not quite ready to receive visitors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Two other people arrive at the ball. One is Fayyaad, who never misses a party. The tiefling is dressed in a loose red jacket with a golden trim, and a pair of dark brown trousers. He's here to meet interesting people, as always.
    Ah, look how worried he is about her possibly arriving early! Adorable.

Anchor is successfully steered away to the tiefling.
    Does she count as interesting people?

She gives Fayyaad a quick wave. "Hello there. Wanna dance?" Since when do you even know how to dance, Anchor? Is that part of the story of the Ring? Did you learn from Chartreuse before you murdered her? Where is this coming from? You're supposed to be shy and linger at the edges of the ballroom!
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-09-13 at 10:36 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Ellrinna

"We live nearby each other, we were both invited, and we decided it would be a good idea to share a ride." All technically true, but misleading. Ellrinna's not sure what information could be used against her, after all.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Halfling in the Playground

[Autumnal Equinox - Naku & Ithuriel]

...fangs.

As soon as Naku shows her teeth, Ithuriel sort of instinctively takes a half-step back and lets out a quiet surprised "Uhh". A vampire, here? Well it sort of makes sense at a fey ball like this, goodness knows her own family moved in such circles often enough, but the wings? She winces internally at her own hesitancy as she's reminded of all those times people judged her on sight. It's crowded, she hadn't picked up on Naku's scent with so many people aroun, and fey trickery has a habit of masking such things. She tries to rally by moving a little closer and offers an apologetic smile, well aware of how her reaction could be interpreted.

Ithuriel stands at a very similar height to Naku - just slightly taller, but the sort of difference that'd require getting them to stand back-to-back to really notice, which is rather hard what with the wings and all. Her golden-blonde hair used to be quite long but she cut it back a bit for her Intersection duties - normally she'd keep it in a ponytail but she's had it done in quite a short bob for the ball, swept back from the forehead and tucked in carefully at the back at chin-height. There's more than a few similarities with Naku that Ithuriel suddenly feels awkwardly aware of - her skin is similarly pale, her fangs still present though much less prominent than in a typical vampire, and her deep purple irises seem rather complimentary to Naku's red. In one way or another, Ithuriel has always been spared from the physical effects of aging - to an inexperienced eye she probably doesn't look a day over twenty, her face unblemished and that youthful spark still there in her eyes. Look a little closer though and there's a certain weight around the eyes, an instinctive furrowing of the brow, signs of someone who has the weight of a lot more than twenty years on her mind. Ithuriel would be considered to be of Eastern European descent in terms of appearance, very much "classic" vampire territory. Her appearance is further complimented by a very literal divine radiance - a faint golden light that radiates around her accompanied by a sort of soothing, comforting effect from the presence of an angel. She has quite a stiff posture suggesting she's not particularly comfortable being here. There's no sign of weaponry upon her, perhaps a concealed holster on her somewhere? It'd be a little bit extreme but she is an Intersection officer and sometimes flashing a badge just doesn't cut it.

"Well, better to get lost together then, right?" She offers Naku her arm and-

Oh. Oh dear. That's very quick for a fey to take interest in them. Naku will likely notice an instant shift in behaviour from Ithuriel as she bows to the fey, putting on the sort of practiced false smile of someone experienced in dealing with noble courts. "My sincerest apologies for the late notice on who exactly would be attending from Intersection, there was some internal debate as to who would be most suitable to send. You may address me as Lady Von Holstav. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, and I'd be delighted to join the good Lord and Lady Hier at their table tonight." She turns her head to look at Naku, taking another half-step closer and trying to very gently pull her into taking her arm, if she hasn't done so already. "She's quite right, we have only just met. Though with wings as stunning as hers, how could my eyes have been drawn anywhere else? Date is too strong a word, but I am very much hoping-" Her eyes seek Naku's out, locking gazes with her, "My dear lady, that you would let me have the honor of accompanying you for the evening." As she speaks, Ithuriel subtly alters her aura to add just the faintest sound to it - a sort of soft, quiet chorus, humming a gentle little accompaniment to the music playing in the background.

[MagI'verunoutofideas]

The bag contains...baked goods!

Huh.

As promised by Affy, it's a selection of expertly baked delicious treats.

"I assure you, their flapjacks are simply exquisite. In fact, I insist that you try a bite of it before you leave. And if anyone else ever has any doubts about the quality of their goods, I'd encourage you to let them have a look at one of those brownies." Oh. Well, there's the catch, I guess.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

19. - Top - End - #1159

[Autumnal Equinox Ball - Cantata and Marina]

The question earns Marina a hearty (albeit silent) little giggle, and the woman’s hand moves to type away at the keypad on her looped arm. ”Oh, many times! I’ve taken part in my fair share of intrigue, even sang at one once. she types, a faint expression of prideful satisfaction punctuating that last addition.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

[Autumnal Equinox Ball - King in Rangs]

"I thank you for your gift and am pleased to find myself in such a luminous gathering of the Fair Folk," the King says. "I am also surprised to find one in the midst of a city of mortals."

[Autumnal Equinox Ball - Dipsnig]

"A tame wolf is still a wolf," Dipsng says, his eyes narrowing slightly. "We do not... twist them into dogs, the way humans do."

[Autumnal Equinox Ball - Fayyyad and Anchor]

"It would be my honor, lady," Fayyaad says smoothly, bowing and extending an arm to Anchor. She might be less formal than his fellow aristocrats in Moran-Ir, but he's still going to follow the protocol he's been taught.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #1161

[Fayyyad and Anchor]

The perils of interacting with people who aren't aristocrats from Moran-Ir.

"You're too kind." Well, he should feel honored, but he needn't say so.
    Anchor bows in return and takes his hand to lead him onto the dance floor. Is this music fit for a waltz, or will that take until later in the symphony? Should be fine. Just remember to take the correct part in the dance-
    "You can call me 'Anchor'. And yourself? Who have I been so lucky as to run across tonight?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-09-13 at 04:29 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #1162

[Autumnal Equinox Ball]

Naku and Ithuriel

The fae gives a small condescending smile towards Naku as she speaks. Oh dear my sweet girl, you have not been properly briefed I fear. The Lady Von Holstav here has a much greater understanding of the protocol. I accept your thanks, and the debt that it puts you in. Indeed, Naku will feel a supernatural tug on her towards this effeminate little fairy - a bond being forged over a careless word. But, out of respect for your Lady the price need not be high. I request of you, Champion, merely that you show my Lord your wings and tell him how you managed to obtain such striking ones before the night's end. With those words Naku will feel the fledgling bond shift toward the back of the hall, toward a set of double doors that - presumably - the Lord Einion Hier stands behind.

Anulhi

The drink goes down very easily. It tastes light and cool and delicious, delicious most of all, and a prickling, cool sensation erupts all over Anulhi's skin as it travels down her throat. The fae watches with a satisfied smile as the halfling finishes the drink. It leaves a delightful aftertaste that will leave her wanting more - something the fae is happy to indulge her in. A hand is already reaching forwards with another drink. She'll feel a faint tug in the back of her mind, drawing her towards the fae standing in front of her. She's so beautiful, isn't she?

What was your name? She asks, and Anulhi will find it very difficult to lie or dodge the question.

Fayyaad and Anchor

Oh I approve. Are the only words the fae says, before ducking away from the fledgling couple. He would have to check in with them later and make sure that things were progressing toward their natural conclusion.

Ellrinna

Oh please, Ellen, you have to loosen up. Bleddyn admonishes Ellrinna. As long as you don't tell me your last name you're in the clear, you know? Do you have a middle name, Ellen? You know they were originally to protect you from us. His smile takes on a predatory edge.

Cantata and Marina

Would that I could have heard you. Marina says, trying to wrap an arm around Cantata and draw her closer. I am afraid that this will be my first, or at least my first that is this... ostentatious. She leans in even closer, turning her mouth to Cantata's ear. Hopefully the grenade will be overkill, yes?

King in Rags

They make things so much more enjoyable, don't they? Like children, most of them. Einion says with a light chuckle. I thought I saw our Eiriol claiming one of them already. He says as an aside to his wife.

She moves so fast that one. No respect for the hunt. Drysi says, her voice low and quiet, with a trace of amusement.

But of course we don't usually reside in the city - it's just the fabric is weak enough here for a paltry display such as this to pass through. The conversations in the room have started up again by this point, the gathering of powerful fae receiving many glances from the lesser fae that surround them.

Dipsnig

She laughs loudly at that. Twist - a good word. But he sits when you say sit. She says, as if the argument is settled. Bringing him here then - is that a provocation? Or did you simply fail to think about the message it sends. She's still smiling, but the humor is draining from it.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1163

[Face Break Dojo]

Darsy shrugs a bit.

Just have to keep it in mind when you're fighting. People don't seem to realize how much you need to think about in a fight.

She'll offer a hand to help him up if he needs it.

Well, so far, you seem okay. Need to work on not telegraphing your moves. Kinda hard with your size, but the less you show, the more you'll be able to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------

[Autumnal Equinox Ball - Ivaz and Ellrin]

Ivaz follows Ellrin's rhythm for a brief moment. Then she decides that it's boring and goes to take control of this dance. Her style is definitely more lively than what Ellrin was doing. Also a bit more intimate than typical ballroom dancing.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Ogre in the Playground

[Autumnal Equinox Ball - Anulhi]

With a sensual shiver, Anulhi downs the bluish tonic, having never tasted something so sweet. The curious sensation roaring through her like an icy flame causes goosebumps to form upon her freckled flesh, and she lets out a small exhalation as she finishes her drink, smiling as her cheeks redden slightly. The offering of a second drink does not go unnoticed, but she very briefly considers declining the offer. This was so unlike her! At home, she only very rarely drank, never indulging in little more than a proper halfling-sized glass of some fruity mixture, never enough to do more than redden the cheeks, and only at formal occasions!

Yet here she was, considering something far harder. Though the drink was stronger, the sensation was unlike anything else, it was all so exciting! She shrugs before accepting the second drink, tapping a glittery, blue-painted nail against the glass. This was a formal event after all, now was the time for indulgence, to experience all sorts of new things! This was what she came here for, after all. "Wow, these... these are amazing, I've never tasted anything like it," she breathlessly exclaims, "What's in it? I simply must have the recipe for myself!" Anulhi laughs a little before a strange expression forms upon her face.

She felt flushed and somewhat feverish, all of the sudden. Perhaps this is just what real alcohol was like?

"It's Anulhi!" she stammers, "And you?"

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Ellrin and Ivaz

For a moment, Ellrin is startled by the way Ivaz changes the dance, then he rolls with it. He's surprisingly light on his feet, but his grace is clearly that of a swordsman rather than a dancer.

Ellrinna and Bleddyn

Ellrinna smiles. "I don't have another name. Just Ellen." She smiles disarmingly at the fae. "You just go on and on about names, don't you."

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #1166

[MagI'verunoutofideas]

The bag contains...baked goods!

Huh.

As promised by Affy, it's a selection of expertly baked delicious treats.

"I assure you, their flapjacks are simply exquisite. In fact, I insist that you try a bite of it before you leave. And if anyone else ever has any doubts about the quality of their goods, I'd encourage you to let them have a look at one of those brownies." Oh. Well, there's the catch, I guess.
    "...Uh huh," Magtok frowns, glancing at the floor and trying to make sure there's nothing especially painful on the ground waiting for him if he were to, just for example's sake, suddenly and unexpectedly collapse after biting into a drugged flapjack. He takes a bite, and hopes for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Temperance Teahouse]

Annie's shrieks at the menacing claw turn into full on laughter. They're getting some looks from others in the teahouse now, but Kitsuki doesn't seem to care. As long as Annie is enjoying herself. "Um um." Annie thinks about the question for a second. "Fight fight fight!" She punches the air in front of her wildly.
    [Temperance Teahouse]

Rein's in the middle of a story! If the other patrons want to listen, they can take a seat nearby.

"I fought!" Reinholdt exclaims, declaring Annie's answer to be correct. I'm pretty sure he actually just turned into a small cat and flew over the horde, but no one was there to witness it so he can't be proven wrong.

"I fired up the chainsaw, loaded the flamethrower, and revved up the shotgun, carving my way through the zombies, guts and gore splattering everywhere." Reinholdt makes his best Ewww face. Because guts and gore are gross.

"When I finally made it through the zombies, their leader, the one responsible for all of this revealed themselves. It was a Sith Lord. He had died in the crash of the alien ship but had been using daaaaark arts of necromancy to keep himself alive. All the zombies were a result of his hatred and evil leaking out around him. And he was mad at me for stealing his favorite weapon." Oh no! Uh oh. "He pulls out a brilliant red laser sword and charges. I don't know if I can beat a laser sword but I charge him right back! And right as we're about to clash..." Reinholdt draws his hands together, fingers spread, stopping right when they're about to touch each other. "The anti-gravity cut on!" The hands continue but instead of merging, they fly up and past each other.

"Worse, the speakers suddenly came alive across the ship and a strange voice started counting down. The self destruct had been activated! Aurea was alive! She had found a control room and pressed far too many buttons. So there I was, floating in a strange shaft, no gravity to work with, an angry and disoriented Sith Lord after my blood, zombie Waldo groaning about my brains from the hallway, and I had less than two minutes to escape. It was almost as scary as that time your mom got mad at you." Gotta have something in there Annie can relate to. Surely an angry mom is a near universal image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Kramolagh nods here, carrying a quick side-conversation with a curious party-goer, accentuating his conversation with clever utterances likely memorized prior to the event. "Perhaps not for long," he smirks, attractive lips curled as he quietly responds to Feia's first statement. Upon noticing her reaction, his grin only widens, his grip upon her tightening somewhat.

"Oh, I vhould love t-to."

--

With her arm still wrapped around his own, Kramolagh steps forward, gesturing towards the ginger-haired giantess. "Ms. Felandria, how l-lovely it is to see you here. You look positively wondrous, and yet... you seem to have arrived here alone? How does somezhing like zhat occur?" He chuckles darkly here, before gesturing towards Feia.

"Ah, but vhere are m-my manners," he smirks, "Zhis exquisite woman at my side is quite intrigued by you."
    Autumnal Equinox Ball

Felandria, Kramolagh and Feia

I must admit that it's not just your stunning good looks that drew me here. The fae confides in Felandria, taking her hand and kissing it, before drawing close to her side. I also have the pleasure of inviting you to join the Lord and Lady Hier at the High Table when the festivities start.

Then the pair arrives. Oh my, more friends? I don't share very well, I'm afraid. She throws her predatory smile towards Kram and Feia, showing off her razor-sharp teeth once more.
    I would be honored to do so.

Felandria does an excellent job of hiding any apprehension or disdain when Kramolagh approaches.

Well, arriving alone makes it easier to leave with someone, after all.

And good evening to you, miss, your dress is exquisite.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

29. - Top - End - #1169

Autumnal Equinox Ball
    Fade

So glad you noticed. Says the goblin, grinning wider. To start with you can show me your beautiful smile. We'll see how the evening progresses from there. She reaches up to run her hand down Fade's chest, pulling herself in close.
    Autumnal Equinox Ball
    Fade

Fade just stands their pushing her hand to the side befor she can touch her.
    "I can't help you with that. Futhermore I'm not sure what a smile from me would be good for." he says with his soundless voice.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Autumnal Equinox Ball - Felandria, Kramolagh and Feia (and I guess that fae too)]

Feia barely even registers that some lesser thing just made a passing attempt at intimidating her, eyes glossing over the fae with about as much interest as any other faceless background figure. It surprisingly isn't a deliberate snub, though technically remains one.
    There's someone far more interesting to her here, earning the attention and smiles.

Who also likes her dress! Everyone here at least seems to have good taste, if nothing else.
    "Why thank you, it was an entertaining project to put together. Sadly, my...darker tones lock me into night pieces like this one. If you don't mind my suggestion, I do believe I could use you to make a much more appealing day theme ensemble."
    Couldn't be that difficult to turn that hair of hers into an acceptable implementation of the sun or its light, overlooking a brighter scene below.

"Oh, pardon me. I suppose I should introduce myself before offering to turn you into a beautiful canvas. You may call me Feia."
    A charming smile places itself on her face, over the hand she presents to Felandria.

Spoiler: Docks
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Docks]

Michalson rather ignominously hides behind Ithuriel, pointing his gun at the thing's "heart" and making ready to shoot if decapitation doesn't quite to the job.
    [Docks]

"Alright, **** it. That's officially too much for me to want to try and bring this thing in alive. There is no redemption possible for something so warped by necromancy as this." For the briefest moment Michalson may feel a sort of divine pressure as the angel of redemption's words carry a heavy weight to them, her judgement passed.

Not in a particularly angelic way, mind you, but the significance of the statement is still there.

She flicks both swords out, bringing one down in a slow, precise measure to at least try and limit the amount of blood splatter, aiming to sever the head from the body and carefully slide it away with the other sword.

Michalson's Magical Eyepiece: one of the faces in the energy winks, as it surges up into the head before Ithuriel's judgement-bearing swords come down.

Off goes the head!
    It proceeds to leak red and pink all over the floor, as should be expected by this point.

And then the body goes entirely ballistic.
    Presumably the moment it starts jerking in an unexpected way, Michalson takes his shot...although unexpected in this case involves a series of sharp-looking spider legs erupting from its back and flinging it forward towards Ithuriel. His bullets are no less effective than they were earlier, carving out a fairly generous portion of the horror's chest, it just doesn't seem to care.

Which leaves us with a headless torso, giant spider legs bloodily protruding from its back and its chest an enormous, fanged maw, flinging itself towards Ithuriel while an ugly hole is punched through the upper portion of said maw.
    Oh. It's also making a sound somewhere between the distressing lovechild of a screeching burning cat and cackling witch.

It's a super attractive and child-friendly scene.

Michalson's Magical Eyepiece: At some point during this, following the winking face and when things get kind of nutty, the vortex loses what stability it had and collapses, while the energy throughout the entire creature begins violently thrashing and pushing in all directions.
    It looks an awful lot like its trying to tear itself apart into several pieces. Maybe because after his bullet passes through, a bunch of it is dispersed like throwing a ball through a cloud of smoke?
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit