New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW Thread for 3.5 #34: Mere mortal, not immortal, not starcrossed, anymor

A 135 Yes, that's correct.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW Thread for 3.5 #34: Mere mortal, not immortal, not starcrossed, anymor

Q136

Let's say that 25 feet of a rope is used to bind a creature or object, and the other 25 feet is loosely sitting on the floor.

Then shrink the rope with the Shrink Item Spell.

What is the effect?

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    Q136

Let's say that 25 feet of a rope is used to bind a creature or object, and the other 25 feet is loosely sitting on the floor.

Then shrink the rope with the Shrink Item Spell.

What is the effect?
    The rope shrinks to 1/16 its normal size, as described in the spell.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q137

Does shrinking a rope with the Shrink Rope Spell while it is tied around a creature, damage/harm the creature?

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Q137

Does shrinking a rope with the Shrink Rope Spell while it is tied around a creature, damage/harm the creature?
    A137

This sounds like something that's entirely up to DM discretion: I doubt RAW covers this. Ask your DM if you can apply garrote/strangulation rules or something.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Q137

Only to the extent described in the spell description.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Q 138

Could the Reversed Spell Rebirth utterance be used to counterspell?
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Question Re: Simple RAW Thread for 3.5 #34: Mere mortal, not immortal, not starcrossed, anymor

Q 139

Can you make use of feats like Elephant's Hide if you have at will Wild Shape (as through the Mulhorandi Divine Minion template)? The feat requires you expend a use of your Wild Shape to activate the effect. Are you considered to have unlimited uses to expend, or not to have "uses" of the ability?

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

A 139 Yes, you have infinite uses, so can fuel wild feats.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Iron Chef Medals!

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

Q140
    How does increased effective druid level by 4 work for Wild Shape?
    Lets say im druid 7. I have a Skin of Kaletor increasing my wild shape level by 4.
    Does it only increase my HD and duration or do i look at what abilities i get from the class table?
    For example do i get Tiny, Large and more wild shape attempts?

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 141

Will a swarm summoned by a summon swarm attack a zombie if no other creatures are present? The monster stat block says living creature. The spell seems to imply that it merely prioritizes living creatures but will attack all creatures.
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2018-07-23 at 02:34 PM.
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

A 141 Yes, it explicitly says it will attack nonliving creatures if no living ones are in range, so it would attack a zombie

Iron Chef Medals!

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

A 138 No.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Q 142

Are there any feats, items, or spells that allow me to ignore the drawbacks and penalties that come from carrying a medium or heavy load?
    Just finding my roots again.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    Q 142

Are there any feats, items, or spells that allow me to ignore the drawbacks and penalties that come from carrying a medium or heavy load?
    Sure. Two examples of items that can accomplish this would be the easy travel armor enhancement from Magic Item Compendium (+1500 gp, allows you to treat a medium load as a light load) or the tooth of Savnok from Tome of Magic (2000 gp, allows you to move at normal speed when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load, but causes you to suffer Savnok's sign and influence).

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

q.143 Can one type of psion multiclass with another type of psion? For example: Is it possible to have a nomad 2/shaper 3?

17. - Top - End - #317
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Q 144
    Does the Spellthief's Steal Spell ability qualify for prestige classes that require 'ability to cast spells of x level?'

18. - Top - End - #318

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    q.143 Can one type of psion multiclass with another type of psion? For example: Is it possible to have a nomad 2/shaper 3?
    Nope, not any more than a wizard could multiclass between various school specialties.

This is clearly stated in the rules, and was confirmed by Sage Advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Player's Handbook
    When a character with one class gains a level, he or she may choose
    to increase the level of his or her current class or pick up a new class
    at 1st level. (A character can’t gain 1st level in the same class more
    than once, even if this would allow him or her to select different
    class features, such as a different set of domains for a cleric.)
    Spoiler
    Show

DM: At the end of the meal, the innkeeper is bringing you the cheese plate. Roll for initiative.
    PC: Excuse me, what?
    DM: I said, roll for initiative. They like their cheese really ripe in these parts. They have the ooze type.

"Excuse me, but... is it a GOOD or a BAD thing when the DM can't help bursting into laughter every time he hears the phrase 'level-appropriate encounter'? No, just curious..."

Extended signature

19. - Top - End - #319

Q 145

Is there a way for a psionic character down to 0 power point to regain at least 1 power point (even temporarily), besides resting for 8 hours?
    Spoiler
    Show

DM: At the end of the meal, the innkeeper is bringing you the cheese plate. Roll for initiative.
    PC: Excuse me, what?
    DM: I said, roll for initiative. They like their cheese really ripe in these parts. They have the ooze type.

"Excuse me, but... is it a GOOD or a BAD thing when the DM can't help bursting into laughter every time he hears the phrase 'level-appropriate encounter'? No, just curious..."

Extended signature

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RaiKirah View Post
    Q 144
    Does the Spellthief's Steal Spell ability qualify for prestige classes that require 'ability to cast spells of x level?'
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by St Fan View Post
    Q 145

Is there a way for a psionic character down to 0 power point to regain at least 1 power point (even temporarily), besides resting for 8 hours?
    Yes. Examples from Expanded Psionics Handbook include Body Fuel (feat), bestow power (power), mental pinnacle (spell), and eyes of power leeching (universal item).

21. - Top - End - #321
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Q 146
    Does a Goliath with Mountain Rage get +6 STR (stated benefit of Mountain Rage) or +8 STR (stated benefit of Mountain Rage plus size increase a la Enlarge Person)?

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

Q147
    So i want to know if Secret Page works this way by RAW, i found it in another thread about spellbook tricks:

Quote Originally Posted by Biffoniacus_Furiou View Post
    A spellbook has 100 pages. A 1st level spell takes 1 page. Scribe the same 1st level spell into your book 100 times. When you learn a spell, instead of scribing it the traditional way, just cast Secret Page to change the text of one of those 1st level spells into that of the one you just learned. Now a spell of any level will only take up a single page of your book.
    If it does, can you explain it to me? Since it doesnt seem like Secret Page covers the the 1 page pr spell lvl rule
    Last edited by Wacky89; 2018-07-25 at 02:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Q148
    If I duplicate a drug extract through the Extract Drug spell (BoVD), do I need to roll for spell resistance? It doesn't list it (even more because it is a Conjuration {Creation} spell), but the description also says it is a magical duplicate, so it should target SR?
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Q148
    If I duplicate a drug extract through the Extract Drug spell (BoVD), do I need to roll for spell resistance? It doesn't list it (even more because it is a Conjuration {Creation} spell), but the description also says it is a magical duplicate, so it should target SR?
    A 148

I think you might be confused.

First of all, Extract Drug does not duplicate existing drugs, it creates them from various forms of inanimate matter (metal, stone, water, air, wood, or rarer substances at the DM's discretion). These are not the types of things that would normally possess any SR. I suppose you could try casting it on a creature made from one of the appropriate materials, but as you've already noticed, the spell is a Conjuration (creation) spell and lacks any instruction to check for Spell Resistance.

Furthermore, the rules for using drugs in the Book of Vile Darkness don't appear to interact with SR at all, and taking a drug that's created by a spell won't change that.

Spell Resistance does not get activated against anything and everything that could possibly be magical, only those things which indicate that they can be affected by SR.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

A 146 You get +6, as mountain rage dictates. The ability in no way references enlarge person, so whatever benefits it gives are irrelevant.

A 147 Secret page cannot do this. You can only make text of spell A appear to be spell B. You can't actually transform spell A into spell B.

Iron Chef Medals!

26. - Top - End - #326

BardGuy

Q 149

Are martial scripts only usable by people with high enough effective-initiator levels?

For example, would an 8th level Fighter or Wizard or Rogue or whatever be limited to 2nd-level maneuvers from martial scripts?

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

A 149 No, anyone can use them regardless of IL.

Iron Chef Medals!

28. - Top - End - #328

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    A 149 No, anyone can use them regardless of IL.
    Thanks. I knew you still had to meet the "prerequisites" for using it, but wasn't sure if that only meant the listed prerequisites in the maneuver description, or if it also included things like character level.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Afgncaap5 View Post
    Thanks. I knew you still had to meet the "prerequisites" for using it, but wasn't sure if that only meant the listed prerequisites in the maneuver description, or if it also included things like character level.
    Sure. I mean, the user only has to be able to read the alphabet it's written in, or use martial lore if that's not an option.

You don't have to meet a maneuver's reqs (which would just be other maneuver in that school) that's the advantage of scripts. You can use 'em at any level.

Iron Chef Medals!

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Question Re: Simple RAW Thread for 3.5 #34: Mere mortal, not immortal, not starcrossed, anymor

Q 150

Is there any feats, PrCs or similar that allow summoned creatures (Summon monster etc.) to able able to over the protection from bodily contact offered by Protection from X or Magic Circle Against X spells?

I'm aware the creatures own SR can overcome the protection, but wondered if there's anything the Summoner can do when casting the spell?