New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Default Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Sloanzilla View Post
    Every time I do a 14 day "support ___" I come back to three or four missed opportunities/failures due to not even knowing about the event before the 14 day advance. Is there any way to stop and reassign in the middle of the 14 day time pass?

Also, my capital says I'm only using 18 of 20 build spots, but for the life of me I can't find the missing two.
    The 18/20 thing is a bug, there are two invisible/unusable slots in your capital at the town size. When you upgrade to a city you gain those 2 slots as well as the additional 20 slots.

As far as failing problems/opportunites really the only safe option is to not do any upgrades if you don't have at least 14 days left in the month. On occasion events seem to roll over to the next month but usually you take the hit. If you're playing on easy though the hit isn't really that bad (you don't seem to take a hit to the other stability stat located at the top bar on easy which is what causes kingdoms to collapse) so it can be fine to take it if your stats are fairly high. Honestly I would say ignore everything that isn't a problem and just focus on upping your advisors stats because the DCs of events tend to skyrocket up to around 28-30 during the Pitax segment. If you have adivsors to spare then work on trade agreements and opportunites etc but they're a lower priority than upping your advisors stats.

2. - Top - End - #422

DwarfClericGuy

My God the artisan quests are buggy.

3. - Top - End - #423

My God the artisan quests are buggy.
    Indeed, I don't think I've gotten a single artisan quest item despite being on the stage to recieve several of them for 1+ years heh. That being said some of the generic gear artisans give is quite nice, the Tailor for instance has great robes and the weaponsmith in south narlmarches has some good weapons though what you get its completely random because she goes by her "inspiration".

4. - Top - End - #424

DwarfClericGuy

I've been wondering what other Adventure Paths might make good games. None of them are as sandboxy as this one, but Reign of Winter is generally very well written and Rise of the Runelords is the classic.

Oddly, even though it wasn't a very good Adventure Path, you could probably make the Serpent's Skull series into a good game.
    I very much disliked the mythic system, but a Wrath of the Righteous game would be fun.

5. - Top - End - #425

DwarfClericGuy

Is the Feast for the Afflicted Something you need to do or should do? I can think of a million better ways to spend 1K bp.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Banned

Is the Feast for the Afflicted Something you need to do or should do? I can think of a million better ways to spend 1K bp.
    It seems kingdoms degrade - and this is the one tool you're given to sort of restore them.

7. - Top - End - #427

DwarfClericGuy

Yeah, it must be a manufactured degrade, however. My loyalty and stability are super high.

8. - Top - End - #428

SolithKnightGuy

On the event/project/region screen, look to the upper left corner.
    There should be some be written stable, worried, riots etc. That is the the actual state of your realm.
    I suspect that the stability attribute of the realm is a bit like hit points. The more you have, the more punishment your realm can take before crumbling.

There is an upgrade that allows you to compensate for the financial loss (reduced weekly tax income) occurred while having a state of unrest, but the unrest state still lowers the modifiers of your advisors, so watch out.
    Unrest also costs you a lot of BP if you don't look out. Get that upgrade!

9. - Top - End - #429

DwarfClericGuy

Oops!

I farted around in terms of saving Varnhold. I spent half a year helping my friends with their new jobs and organizing surprise outdoor barbecues for them. And now I just received a notice that a magical spell is going to end my kingdom in two months. So lesson learned.

Alduin sat and waited for me while I wandered across Skyrim stealing goblets for years. Just saying. (Note: This is actually something I like about this game, but it could be handled a little better).

Pathfinder wishlist.
    1. The ability to spend BP and add new bridges.
    2. The ability to spend BP and add teleportation circles.
    3. When I'm told "go visit Jack the Merchant"- something in my log reminding me which of my identical towns is Jack's home.
    4. When my companions have life changing experiences, their alignment should sometimes shift.
    5. Some sort of explanation as to how your BP per week is calculated.
    Last edited by Sloanzilla; 2018-11-06 at 08:27 AM.

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by Platinius View Post
    On the event/project/region screen, look to the upper left corner.
    There should be some be written stable, worried, riots etc. That is the the actual state of your realm.
    I suspect that the stability attribute of the realm is a bit like hit points. The more you have, the more punishment your realm can take before crumbling.

There is an upgrade that allows you to compensate for the financial loss (reduced weekly tax income) occurred while having a state of unrest, but the unrest state still lowers the modifiers of your advisors, so watch out.
    Unrest also costs you a lot of BP if you don't look out. Get that upgrade!
    As far as I can tell the stability stat attached to the warden does not contribute in any way to your kingdoms actual stability. The stability stat on your banner just goes up or down based off of if you fail important problem events or not. So if you fail one of the events related to a main quest you'll take a hit, but if you succeed you'll get a boost. Getting to negative BP also seems to give you a hit as well.

Pathfinder wishlist.
    3. When I'm told "go visit Jack the Merchant"- something in my log reminding me which of my identical towns is Jack's home.
    4. When my companions have life changing experiences, their alignment should sometimes shift.
    The game does explain how BP is calculated very briefly in a popup when you first start your kingdom. It would be nice though if it broke it down in the kingdom screen. The basic formula is just adding up all of your kingdom stat ranks with your economy rank acting as a cap. So if economy is rank 4 then all stats can only contribute 4 points to your BP value no matter their actual rank. Then you add in trade routes and if you're still getting the Brevoy subsidy you divide your generated BP by half and add a flat 30BP to your value.

Overall it's nice that a lot of bugs have been squashed, but the Kingdom management desperately needs a balance pass and advisors need to be looked at again especially the Councillor and Warden positions. Also why on earth is one of the most close minded of your companions (Valerie) a diplomat? Her charisma score isn't based off her personality (if it was I'm sure it would be negative...) but rather because shes supposed to be really pretty.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    Also why on earth is one of the most close minded of your companions (Valerie) a diplomat? Her charisma score isn't based off her personality (if it was I'm sure it would be negative...) but rather because shes supposed to be really pretty.
    Not having played yet (still playing D:OS 1 and also waiting for More Patches), but a high Cha doesn't have to mean especially nice, just having a very strong personality; so if said companion is aggressively set in her (presumably biased) beliefs, that would be an acceptable interpretation of high Cha. (Though this, of course, speaks nothing of her suitability to being a diplomat other than on an entirely mechanical level.)

If not, it would be disappointing to have backslid to Charisma-is-physical-attractiveness; my reading of Paizo is generally PF, at least, has made some effort to not go that route.

(3.5... Well, the less said about 3.5 artwork the better and of Mialee in particular...!)

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Not having played yet (still playing D:OS 1 and also waiting for More Patches), but a high Cha doesn't have to mean especially nice, just having a very strong personality; so if said companion is aggressively set in her (presumably biased) beliefs, that would be an acceptable interpretation of high Cha. (Though this, of course, speaks nothing of her suitability to being a diplomat other than on an entirely mechanical level.)

If not, it would be disappointing to have backslid to Charisma-is-physical-attractiveness; my reading of Paizo is generally PF, at least, has made some effort to not go that route.

(3.5... Well, the less said about 3.5 artwork the better and of Mialee in particular...!)
    True being charismatic doesn't necessarily mean being nice, but generally it means getting people to do what you want in a broad sense. Valerie seems completely incapable of doing that with her stubbornness. In fact the only reason people seem to fawn over her is entirely based off of her looks. Which I don't have a problem with really because I do feel charisma can also cover the physical aspects of it and the game does have people whose charisma is more personality based so it isn't so much a backslide as just representing the full spectrum of what charisma can be. Still though her being able to be the grand diplomat but not the warden is just a crying shame both mechanically and based off of her personality.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I've read yesterday with a charisma draining enemy in the PFSRD that Pathfinder considers charisma also strong emotions. Which is honestly a great idea considering bard and sorcerer casting is determined by it.

So while a Cha 8 Dwarf may go: "What do I care what these human fools do in thise short kingdom of mine." or Harrim's nihilism, a Cha 15 Valerie would be very determined to do things her way.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Banned

Pathfinder wishlist.
    What this game really needs - other than a complete overhaul of kingdom management - is:

A) Town Portal scrolls, and
    B) The option to buy a faster horse

Maybe C) Upgraded roads

Oh, and the option to click a quest, and the map snaps to where that quest is. So D) map snap.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

There IS a movement upgrade. Late game you'll be able to buy a region upgrade for the Kamelands IIRC. It increases your overland movement speed by 20%. Unfortunately it seems you're not getting it until somewhere around chapter 5, so way too late.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    There IS a movement upgrade. Late game you'll be able to buy a region upgrade for the Kamelands IIRC. It increases your overland movement speed by 20%. Unfortunately it seems you're not getting it until somewhere around chapter 5, so way too late.
    I was pretty certain there would be. But I'm fighting Pitax now, and it hasn't materialized yet, so ... as you say, way too late =)

17. - Top - End - #437

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    I was pretty certain there would be. But I'm fighting Pitax now, and it hasn't materialized yet, so ... as you say, way too late =)
    Huh, I got it way before Pitax, like right after finishing Vordekais Tomb. I think the region upgrades were tied to one of the Kingdom quests (like unlock x advisers, or acquire y regions) but which one I don't remember.

Edit: which pretty much goes back to Kingdom management really needs another balance pass
    Last edited by Inarius; 2018-11-07 at 03:44 AM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

A) Town Portal scrolls
    There's already Teleport in PnP, a 5th level spell that , well, teleports you and your party to a "place you feel at home" with high accuracy. I can't imagine why they'd deliberately cut it from the game, so I can only guess they didn't have time to implement it. I really, really hope it's patched in.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    I've read yesterday with a charisma draining enemy in the PFSRD that Pathfinder considers charisma also strong emotions. Which is honestly a great idea considering bard and sorcerer casting is determined by it.
    Owlcat may not have, though, and gone the "easy" route.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg
    So while a Cha 8 Dwarf may go: "What do I care what these human fools do in thise short kingdom of mine." or Harrim's nihilism, a Cha 15 Valerie would be very determined to do things her way.
    I have felt for quite a long time that (a good chunk of) reason for dwarf charisma penalty is tied-in to an explanation of the common Dwarven steriotypes we see almost all the time (i.e. fightin', gold, booze and their clannishiness etc) - they're all like that because dwarves have an unconscious, almost herd-like tendancy. I.e. they do that because everyone else does, and it takes an unusual dwarf to be able to become something more different from the crowd, as it were. (See also: Discworld dwarves.) Their "lack of personality strength" then, is not that they're shy or retiring or something, more of a measure of variance from the Dwarven cultural zeitgeist. (If you see what I'm saying?)

20. - Top - End - #440

DwarfClericGuy

I'm not even sure what a regional quest is? Do they just come up like other missions?

I randomly took a 300 BP hit last night without any explanation. Does that just happen?

21. - Top - End - #441

SolithKnightGuy

Check your events

Brazen Thieves have stolen from your treasury and I hope you go the fitting advisor on standby
    Last edited by Platinius; 2018-11-07 at 10:34 AM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

smile Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I found a hilarious, if rather ridiculous, bug last night.

There is a club in the game, called Grim Finale... which is a pretty awesome club (+2, Vampiric Touch) but it has the curse that if you unequip it from any character, they get Finger of Death cast on them.

I gave it to Regongar and then, due to various companion quests, ended up taking him from my party.
    Apparently, the game thinks that, if you are taken from the party, that everything you have is unequipped, and that it does that each time you come from the kingdom tab into the main world.

I know this because, when I put Regongar back into my party, as soon as it loaded up in the wilderness area I'd trekked to, he got hit with 7 Finger of Death spells which, shockingly, brutally murdered him many, many times.

He did well, to be honest, making his save on all of them, but the combined amount of damage just obliterated him.
    Hilarious.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

This is interesting... just started yesterday.

Spoiler: Wondering...
    Show
    During that early choice between Thorn Ford first or the tomb first I chose to hit the tomb, because it let me steal a companion from ol' Tarty. But after that I had a choice of trails to follow... I went for the group trail since I was hoping to find the other companion, but no luck, just kobolds. Do you get anything useful for tracking Tartuccio instead?

24. - Top - End - #444
    Banned

So I need to arrive at the inn on the 24th. I just discovered it's the 24th, in the morning, and I'm precisely far enough away that I arrive at the inn 36 minutes past midnight.

Is there any way to travel more fasterly?

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    This is interesting... just started yesterday.

Spoiler: Wondering...
    Show
    During that early choice between Thorn Ford first or the tomb first I chose to hit the tomb, because it let me steal a companion from ol' Tarty. But after that I had a choice of trails to follow... I went for the group trail since I was hoping to find the other companion, but no luck, just kobolds. Do you get anything useful for tracking Tartuccio instead?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not really. You just learn a bit more about what he plans to do next before he escapes again.

So I need to arrive at the inn on the 24th. I just discovered it's the 24th, in the morning, and I'm precisely far enough away that I arrive at the inn 36 minutes past midnight.

Is there any way to travel more fasterly?
    Dropping items from the party inventory helps if you're at medium encumbrance and above. There's also a region upgrade, but that won't help you at the moment.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

26. - Top - End - #446
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Dropping items from the party inventory helps if you're at medium encumbrance and above. There's also a region upgrade, but that won't help you at the moment.
    Jettison cargo. Obvious. Thanks, I'll see if I can free up one hours worth of inventory space =)

27. - Top - End - #447

DwarfClericGuy

Ekun needs some sort of unsung hero MVP award. The rest of my idiots are running around triggering AOO's and crashing into each other. He's back there steadily killing stuff.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Banned

Ekun needs some sort of unsung hero MVP award. The rest of my idiots are running around triggering AOO's and crashing into each other. He's back there steadily killing stuff.
    NPC's. Gotta love 'em. I wish they'd stay out of traps they spotted just before combat triggered - or at least that the traps also affected enemies, which I feel they don't?

Ekun isn't on my team though. On the other hand, my casters all have bows and rarely use any magic. Not quite sure why, I just never feel like it. Or ... maybe it's because AoE hits me too, and CC usually doesn't work because everything is a construct or an undead or some such. A plant. Slow works, but hold person doesn't, is what I'm saying =)

29. - Top - End - #449

DwarfClericGuy

My caster found a staff of fireballs, but it seems stuck on zero charges.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

Ekun is always on my team. His doggo is incredibly powerful, I'm pretty sure the dog has random stat boosts, similar to that of other mobs, and archery is as strong as it's always been. And Ekun is built for decent archery. Couple that with the many Composite Strongbows the game has and he becomes a very solid member of the team. Especially if you've got Jubilost with the extract feat that allows you to cast mage armour, shield and barkskin on Dog to make him a tank like Valerie, but with actual useful offense to go along with his tankiness.