New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Vampire: Renfield's Masquerade (Game Thread)

((Not a vampire, just trimming a few games off my schedule before the exam period arrives. Rather play a few games where I'm paying full attention to what's going on than sit around without a clue like in camp))

@v I've never been autolynched and I don't intend to start now. I'll just be randomly pointing or joining bandwagons but I doubt I'll contribute anything useful to this game.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2007-10-04 at 06:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground

Change point to Andre Fairchilde

[I underestimated the amount of people willing to vote for AF. If it's going to be between these two, let's choose the guy that isn't screaming 'kill me!'. Either FC has lynch immunity (and we'll waste a good lynch opportunity) - or he simply wants to get out of the game - at which point he might just as well allow himself to be autolynched, I'd say.

Ninja'd? Oh yes.]
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2007-10-04 at 06:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

(You know, the people pointing at me are vampires, right? But, if I have to take one for the village - then so be it.)
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-10-04 at 06:17 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

4. - Top - End - #184

((Okay, I've figured out my identity))

After having fallen into a coma two days ago trying to drink himself to death in his room, Professor Jack Inland awoke groggily, stumbling out from his room with a bottle in hand.

Waking himself up completely with a dip in a full sink of cold water, he walked downstairs with a cherry red nose and a hot water bottle on the head.

"'Hoy Andrey? You sheen Quiche anywhere? Quiche Morrish, My beshtest buddy?" he drawls, clearly still somewhat under the influence of drink. Shaking off a little of the blearyness, he listens to the little voices in his head.

"Why didsh you point at Ink for? Ish the powersh above told yous that he wash innoshent, why ish he dangeroush?" he says in a funny sort of drunkard-anger as he pokes Andre in the chest accusingly.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Fairchilde View Post
    (You know, the people pointing at me are vampires, right? But, if I have to take one for the village - then so be it.)
    (All 10 of them? That'd be a lot of vampires... Not to mention that it would be ridiculous for them to vote as a block like that. Not that they likely know each other by now, so that's hardly an issue. And what reason would the vampires have to all point at you anyway?....I mean, I believe you when you claim your villagerness, but I'm sorry sweetie, but that has to be the lamest defense ever. )

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

6. - Top - End - #186

"Sir Templar, it appears that the Coward is suicidal, and thus your interests would be better serve investigating the one known as Malmagor."
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

7. - Top - End - #187

OldWizardGuy

Pwenet, the restored to life deadman, awakens feeling cold and stiff. Hearing the commotion, he does not feel like speaking, but instead raises a hand and points at Andre before working on a bottle of alcohol to dull the pain.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

Therarde looks around the room. Well, this is quite a conundrum. Personally, I trust this Andre fellow, so my apologies go to Ink.
    Guess what? I'm back! Yay!

9. - Top - End - #189

Professor Jack Inland
    "Pwenet, you... ish a mesh." says Jack, sitting down roughly beside him. Looking at the bottle in Pwenet's hand, he plonks down his own one on the table, taking a short drink from it.

"That sssshtuf won't help that. Here, try thish, ish 120 proof pure aqua vitae. Ish better." he says, passing the bottle over to Pwenet.

10. - Top - End - #190

Renfield tumbles out of one of the passages, landing heavily on his left shoulder.

"All lies ... all true. All black and blue.
    No white bats ... no black hats..."

He looked around at those gathered, then sort of shrunk up a bit, mad eyes glistening with moisture and the innocence of a child.

"A cat... I would," a slight pause, "loooove a cat."
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2007-10-04 at 09:48 PM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Lord Skippy just nods silently.

"Yes, you need to go."

*Point at Andre Fairchilde*
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

12. - Top - End - #192

Wandering around the ballroom. A smile mimicking the upward curve of the branch of a dead tree. Passing potential dance partner, spurning all of them, letting long black hair obscure the eyes so no one knows the true thoughts behind them. Smiling knowingly at anyone who tries, with lips red with the wine that was drunk earlier.

Stopping, letting the hair slide back, and gazing directly at Fleeing Coward.
    Remember when I had an avatar?

13. - Top - End - #193

(if FC wants out, I'll be happy to help)

*The llama points at Fleeing Coward.)*
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    9 hours (approximately) until dawn. A few people are threatened with auto-lynch.
    Unfortunately I'm at work, so I can't remember who those dying souls are, as my notes are at home. I had a minute to look over the thread.
    The following people will be auto lynched if they have not voted by end of "night."
    • Flying Elephant
    • Indurain
    • Malmagor
    • Neodan

PGCoD would be on this, but he's filed an away notice.

Be warned. I will not extend the night longer again today. Anyone threatenend with auto will indeed be auto-lynched unless you've voted by the time I post the scene.

To be honest, I think that PMing these people will only cause more individuals to 'just get by' by pointing at someone specifically so that they don't get auto'd. These people aren't paying any attention to the game it seems, and as such will recieve no sympathy from me.

When I get home this afternoon/evening I will post a list of possible autos in the thread, but I will not send PMs out.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2007-10-05 at 11:41 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Enjoys the music, but no one seems to want to dance with him. "Why, oh why?", the anthropomorphic wasp asks.

A small cry.

He walks to this stunning girl in the beautiful dress. Her eyes are like a frozen pond. Her hair seems to be made of the purest gold. He likes her.

He's head is spinning. His vision is blurred. This is the moment.

"Will you dance with me?"
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2007-10-05 at 12:52 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

I point at Andre until I read everything over.
    Last edited by Neodan282; 2007-10-05 at 08:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197

*points at FC

((sorry, for laying low...you know...i don't get much pc time now.))

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

18. - Top - End - #198
    Banned

((Renfield sits in a darkened corner with a large leather bound book.))

"Flip the pages. Flip the pages.
    Master calls this Tome of Ages. I have found it Master.
    He. Heh heh. Heeheeheeheeheeeeee. Just as you've requested.
    Words. Words too strange. Words unknown.
    I'll find the one Master. I'll find it."
    I hate you. Why did you lie?"
    ((yelling below))

"Blast this infernal racket! How can I concentrate? All night downstairs they argue. Always argue, argue, argue. Soon enough you'll show them won't you, Master? Soon enough they'll know. You promised me immortality. Have you promised any of them the same? Will they see your lies for what they are, I wonder, or will they embrace you as I did? Ahh...."

((the dispute downstairs grows louder))

"O....
    Oh....
    Oooohhhh!....
    Aaaaghghhh!
    Get out of my HEAD! Why do you torment me Master?!"

((A loud *CRACK!* rings out from downstairs and Renfield's wild eyes dart around the room for a moment*))
    ((A scream echoes throughout the halls of the Manor))

"What have you done Master? What have you forced them to do now?"
    Take me instead Master I beg you.
    "Are they listening to you yet? Can they hear your call?
    Will you betray them as you've betrayed me, Master?"

((with another loud *CRACK!* from below Renfield rises))
    ((another scream))
    I have to help them. I must.
    "No Master, I have to help them. I must. I must try to.... help...."

((Renfield stands and makes his way to the staircase.))

There he is, you think to yourself. You had wondered where the madman had gotten off to moments before the chaos broke completely out of control. One minute there were a few individuals discussing Ink being a Vampire.
    The next, there were people discussing Fleeing Coward's guilt.
    A moment later Indurain and Flying Elephant attacked the self professed Knight's Templar Andre Fairchilde without warning or provocation.
    Before you knew what was happening, the two lay dead at Andre's feet, barrel smoking. Mr Fairchilde had no time to reload before he was set upon by the others and thrown from the second story window to the wolves in the courtyard below. He was dead before the first of the growls reached him.

Eyes slipping closed a few moments before from exhaustion, they flew wide at the shots that rang out and the sound of Mr. Fairchilde's neck snapping on the cobblestones below.

And here now comes the deranged Renfield, you think to yourself, almost on cue.

Andre Fairchilde was lynched.
    Indurain and Flying Elephant were auto-lynched.
    Night 3 ends as dawn breaks and day begins.
    You have aproximately 24 hours to send in any pertinent actions to Helgraf and Shadow.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2007-10-05 at 10:01 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Too bad. Have a good game! )
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-10-05 at 10:12 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

20. - Top - End - #200

The priest shakes his head distastefully at Fairchilde's demise. "Most unfortunate. I sincerely hope you will show more restraint in the future."
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

21. - Top - End - #201

((Alright - due to the complexity of the night actions in this game, nightfall is being extended until midnight tomorrow Eastern time (Midnight when Sunday becomes Monday, that is). Anyone with a special role action who has not sent it in or given me orders for proxy use will forfeit their use for the day if I have not received their PM by that point.))

22. - Top - End - #202

The sun's rays creep over the horizon, and are cut to crazy ribbons by the huge trees that surround the estate. What remains weakly bleeds against the dark stone walls, leaching colour from them halfheartedly, dejected as the souls of those within the walls. Troublesome dreams disturb those who sleep, weird disturbing images of eyeless faces and soundless screams...

Deep in the bowels of the keep, on the floor between two ruptured sacks full of cabbages, Renfield lies upon his back; his head tilted further to regard upside down a leathery tome upon the stones. His hands twitch and writhe, vision blurring a moment. "Yes ... here it is... "

He twists his to the left, and rolls a bit onto his right shoulder, then begins to rattle off a stream of nonsensical gibberish ... reaching into the sack on his left, he pulls out a cabbage and slams it into the ground, grinding the leafy vegetable into a greenish pulpy mass. He leans over suddenly and takes a huge bite, like a dog, worrying at it, flecks of green spittle oozing down his chin. "No ... no ... not now .. I'm ... so .. .closeee."

He reaches into the other sack, pulling out a mouse that had been quietly gnawing on one of the cabbage heads ... and before it could do more than squirm and squeak, stuffed it in his mouth, chewing and swallowing. Bits of fur and spots of blood joined the green foam upon his chin, dangling and dripping upon the floor and the book. Feverishly, he turns the leathery pages, then begins to make the unusual sounds once more. "One ... two ... three. I bind thee to a circle."

An ice-cold breeze slams against the keep, blowing open shutters and clawing its way inside, swirling through the guest chambers with a banshee wail. Oddly, the sound seems to bring a momentary lucidity to the madman, who quietly smiles, hiding the book under a flagstone and replacing it. He chortles even as another gobbet of fur and leaf splashes against his outfit, adding another stain to the growing library of odiousness. Touching a particular series of stones, he slips though into the space between the walls and like some sort of hybrid monkey-snake, half-climbs, half-slithers upward, toward the guest chambers. He slips into the room, carefully laying something down on the bedstand, then sits there for a quarter hour, watching the sleeper with an almost angelic expression of peace. "I remember..."

It is only a wolf's howl that echoes from the woods that snaps him out of this reverie and quickly he closes the passage, going through the door and closing it behind. "You are coming Master ... I feel it!"

But he is not alone in his wanderings, sadly no. Others wander the halls, too, and madness has taken its toll on more than just Renfield. The sleep of others, disturbed by dreams would have been a welcome relief to this wanderer, a respite from the voices that began to speak to him when the sun first touched over the horizon. He moves like a marionette, barely aware of his surroundings ... until he finds himself outside, by a mass grave. Here bodies have been placed, blessed by the local priest and anoited in oils in the hopes that they will not rise as more spawn of the undead.

Here, the madman's eyes roll into his head, and voices, hundreds of different voices, babble and speak through him, each murmuring a portion of an ancient dirge. The icy-cold winds whip up again, swirling around an emptiness in the night air ... that shimmers a moment, then reveals a phantasmal image of a terrible black gateway. The gateway strains terribly against the force of Legion, the sound building to a terrible cresendo ... and then, hinges squealing in protest, aching and wet, something barely human presses its way through, landing in a bloody pool. Bone and sinew, and muscle and organs rebuilt upon it, and skin slowly crawls outward until the body is properly sheathed again. The gate slams shut again and fades from view. The voices in the other's head fall to a murmur ... directing him back inside while the other man's body reknits itself.

And still yet, this is not the end of it. For within the castle, the minions of the Master rise again to seek their prey. Descending upon the room of their chosen victim, they howl with rage to find it empty; the door is slammed open and they drift out, feral red eyes seeking ... seeking ... seeking.

It is by some twisted balance that they come across the madman returning. Descending upon him, they shred his limbs, drink deeply of his essence, leaving behind a broken and hollow husk that they hang from the balcony overseeing the Great Hall. Satiated for a little while, they return to their chambers to await the nightfall.

Summary
    PirateMonk was killed by blood loss and mutilation
    Eldritch Knight was mysteriously restored to life
    Renfield's madness is spreading... and he has left another item behind.

Dusk Falls and night will last for roughly 48 hours.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2007-10-08 at 12:24 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203

(( Helgraf, these narrations are just plain awesome. ))
    -Vonriel

"DEMONS RUN WHEN A GOOD MAN GOES TO WAR."

24. - Top - End - #204
    Halfling in the Playground

((And one reason why I think you should be lynched in YOW :) So you can continue to produce such excellence.))

So does that mean that PirateMonk was the necromancer? It certainly seems to.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

25. - Top - End - #205

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    ((And one reason why I think you should be lynched in YOW :) So you can continue to produce such excellence.))

So does that mean that PirateMonk was the necromancer? It certainly seems to.
    ((I dont think so. He was killed by vampires, it seems to infer.))

Korias is carrying a large barrel of Rum into the manor when you see him at dusk. He grasps his mug, and fills it to the brim with delicious alcohol. And now the rum isnt gone anymore! Yay!

26. - Top - End - #206
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

*points at Korias*

I think I'm up for autolynch, so random point.

Scrap that, I don't have enough time for this game. I've just read Shadow's post, and ask that you people lynch me/let me be autolynched.

Apologies for making you lot lose a mason and the heir. *bows and disappears from thread*
    Last edited by Castaras; 2007-10-08 at 10:38 AM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

27. - Top - End - #207
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Mama, I heard some rather strange noises last night. Do you think it might have been the Children of the Night?"
    "Tell me girl, are you a child, addled out of your wits by nonsense and feary tales off the commoners?"
    "No Mama, but -"
    "You are not a goat girl. You are not to mix with those of inferior clas and status. And if you do I shall have Jeeves remove your books and all your tools of Learning. A young girl such as yourself - plain as you are - should not ruin even your feeble looks with Learning. It gives you wrinkles and detracts from ones beauty. We are having a Ball tonight and you will attend Clara. And you will be gracious and defer to the gentlemen and alwys agree with them. Do you understand Clara?"
    "Yes Mama." Clara sighs and withdraws from the Breakfast Room, disconsolate she walks slowly to her 'tutors'' room. To learn deportment. As she enters the room she spares a thought to Lord Skippy, "I wonder if that braggart will bestow his unwanted presence upon us tonight."

((So yeah. Party at Lupe Manor now ish. ))

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #208

The llama stirs from the bed it had slept on the night before, blinking in confusion, then realizing and rememberin what had happened and why it was in the house instead of its pen, it sighs and goes downstairs wanting to find something to munch on.

(Hmmmm....no clue and i don't want to take the time to look for evidence at work, so I reckon I'll have to point at someone who pointed at Andre without a reason. Mal, I point at you and I judge you at Wampyr!)
    Last edited by Atreyu the Masked LLama; 2007-10-08 at 07:59 PM.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

29. - Top - End - #209

points at self to avoid autolynch until I get my laptop back
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

I live again! I do not know who among us was responsible for my demise, or my subsequent return to life. As a result, I feel it necessary to condemn one who might otherwise be innocent. Innocence, is of course the perfect disguise for Evil, as mortals can never look past original appearances. As such, I feel we must cast this supposedly cuddly Llama out into the dark.