New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground
    Default Re: Upon a Pale Horse [Deadlands]

Lone Raven

"Thank you," and with those words Lone Raven rides on. He continues on past the church and out of town. The townsfolk were already near the point of violence in his eyes; no need to push them farther today. Best to bed down for the night just outside town and wake up early enough that he'd be able to enter town without frightening to many people.

Next Morning
    Lone Raven was already up and eating some jerky when the sound of gunfire erupted from the town. "Will today be the day I go to the Hunting Grounds?" Lone Raven wondered as he quickly mounted his horse, drew his rifle, and rode towards the town.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ceridan View Post
    "Piltsen." he said loud enough to draw the sleeping man out of the rather fond dream he was having by the contented look on his face. "Looks like we are having company for breakfast."
    James rolls over onto his stomach, his rifle coming up to his shoulder as he gets into a shooting position before his eyes are even fully open. Not seeing anything immediately threatening, he glances around for a better position, then looks to the Captain for orders.
    Spoiler
    Show

Kasadya a'Deveimar, Tiefling Warblade
    Sebastian Avero, Human Sagittarius

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

((OCC: Waiting for a post from Debit. I will wait till tonight and then continue.))

((OCC: Hearing nothing from Ditto or DigestionDamage, I'll continue on without them and have them rejoin should we hear from either one again.))
    Last edited by ybn1197; 2007-11-09 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Update Posting Status
    Lily: What's happening?
    The Doctor: No idea. Do what I do; hold tight and pretend its a plan.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

4. - Top - End - #34

In-Town (Father Adam Guiteau)
    Being relatively early in the morning, there are not alot of people in the street, making the cloud of dust which is slowly falling more obvious. The dust trail runs to the west of the hotel and out of town and looks as though it was created by a couple of horses being ridden hard. You see the sheriff run past the hotel towards the bank before turning back and heading towards the jailhouse/office he uses.

On the outskirts of town (Lone Raven, Captain Jake Johnston and Private James Piltsen)
    Unfortunately, due to your various vantage points, you can not see much of what is occurring in town (all three of you are to the south). You do all see a small cloud of dust being kicked up by a couple of horses moving to the west of town. This is also the source of the gunshots.

Fate Chips
    Captain Jake Johnston
    1R, 2W
    Private James Piltsen 1R, 2W
    Lone Raven 1B, 2W
    Father Adam Guiteau 1R, 2W
    Joanne Hearst 1R, 2W
    Eldemar Huntsinger 3W

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

((Hey! We're back!))

Debit

With a small 'Eep!', Debit rolled/fell out of her narrow bed of her second floor room at the Paradise. She brushed her hair out of her eyes and scurried on all fours to the window, scanning the street for the source of the racket that had disturbed her all-too-brief sleep. It wasn't rare she could get through a night without unpleasant dreams, and as soon as she catches a decent few hours' shut-eye, someone goes shooting the place up. Figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by zyphyr View Post
    They don't actually love Gold, they only say that to get it into bed.
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Jake

Jake watches the dust cloud intently. How like the yanks to leave good honest hard working folk with-out protection. Lilly livered Bastards. "Well, lets see what all this fuss is about shall we?"
    Last edited by Ceridan; 2007-11-14 at 02:02 PM.
    Thanks to Kpenguin for the Superb Avatar.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael
    Master of the Forge, Hephaestus Faust, Gwain

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jim stands, his rifle at the ready but no longer at his shoulder. He watches the dust cloud for a moment, then saddles his horse, efficiently and silently. When he's done he glances at the Captain, eyebrows raised.

"Ambush 'em, or play it straight?" he asks simply, his demeanor calm and considering. "For the record I vote gettin' the drop on 'em, Captain. Damn Yanks don't have no sense of honor, or self-preservation, neither."
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

** bump **

Waiting to see if Leshan (Lone Raven) and GimliFett (Father Adam Guiteau) are still around. DigestionDamage (Eldemar Huntsinger) has not logged on the site in over a month, so I'm assuming he's out. I will continue the game if one of them returns.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Father Adam Guiteau

Adam spins away from the window and grabs his coat, throwing it on quickly and not bothering to straighten it out. Looks like the sheriff could use a hand. Hopefully not a healin' one by the time I arrive, either, the preacher thinks to himself as he grabs his stuff and heads out the door and down the stairs.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, y'all! I'm around, but busy and slowly catching up.
    Baby + Holiday = No Time...
    'Preciate y'all's patience.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-11-29 at 01:46 PM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

10. - Top - End - #40

In Town (Father Adam Guiteau and Debit)
    Father Adam bolts from the hotel in time to see Sheriff kneeling down in front of someone. Its a bad vantage point but it looks like he's kneeling in front of the deputy.
    From the window, Debit sees the same thing but her's is a better vantage point. It is most definately the deputy the sheriff is kneeling in from off. The deputy's shirt is stained a dark crimson that seems to be getting larger rather quickly.

On the outskirts of town (Captain Jake Johnston and Private James Piltsen)
    ((OCC: Are you going to ride into town or attempt to follow the rapidly dissapating cloud of dust?))

Fate Chips
    Captain Jake Johnston 1R, 2W
    Lone Raven 1B, 2W
    Joanne Hearst 1R, 2W

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Father Adam Guiteau

So much for that idea. Best do what I can, Adam considers silently as he hurries to the fallen man's side. "If you'll allow, Sheriff, I can try and save this man," he offers even as he pushes his sleeves up to his elbows, preparing to lay hands on the wounded deputy.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-11-29 at 01:46 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Jake

After saddling their horses Jake and Jim head toward town. As the dust cloud heads away Jake reins up. "Well the town isn't going anywhere so lets see where this lot is headed. We will follow at a discreet distance and keep the element of surprise."

They follow the dust cloud at a distance.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jim swings up into his saddle, checks his pistol in its holster, and rests his rifle where he can use it quickly if necessary. A chase always gets his blood up, and he can feel the excitement building the way it always does. Sternly, he tamps it down, reminding himself Steady Jimmy, steady.

He urges his horse into a trot next to the Captain, eyes on the dust cloud--but glancing around every so often for unpleasant surprises or places to hide if whatever they're following turns or stops.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

((OCC: Sorry guys, but I think I'm going to close this game. Both Ditto and Leshan have not posted in over a month and I have always preferred at least four in a group to run. Unless I hear from one of them this week, I figure the game is dead.))

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

(I'm here and all, but I didn't think one post every week or so constituted a live game. I apologize if it's been a wait on me specifically. The open-ended-ness of everyone standing around, waiting for something to hit the fan, sort of gave me a petering-off vibe.)
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

16. - Top - End - #46

((OCC: And you're right. The slow posting schedule is my fault. Unfortunately, due to Real Life issues and the coming holidays, I can't post more often. Once the holidays are over and IF my RL issues are resolved, I will be able to post more frequently. This isn't the only thread I'm involved in. In fact, I've dropped all but this one and a Star Wars d20 game in order to keep others from being affected by my posting schedule (or lack thereof).
    So what I think it boils down to is if everyone is OK with the posting schedule right now or not. If everyone could let me know, I'll be able to better judge the future of the game.))

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

{{OOC: I'm fine with things as they are, with the hope/understanding of an improvement in the near-ish future. }}

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

I am up for continuing.

Deathwatch Characters
    Sven Carlson, Alistayr
    Tristan Weylin, Mikael

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

(So long as we're all in on continuing, I shall too!)
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

20. - Top - End - #50

((OCC: Once again, my apologies to everyone for my posting schedule, or lack thereof. Hopefully, once the holidays are over, my RL situation will also resolve and then I can start posting at a fairly regular pace. I PM'ed technophile regarding this discussion and he responded in a PM that he is willing to continue the game as well. Given that the four of you are willing to suffer through my erratic posts, I'll continue on. So you all have my apologies and my thanks.))

In Town (Father Adam Guiteau and Debit)
    Quote Originally Posted by GimliFett View Post
    Father Adam Guiteau
    So much for that idea. Best do what I can, Adam considers silently as he hurries to the fallen man's side. "If you'll allow, Sheriff, I can try and save this man," he offers even as he pushes his sleeves up to his elbows, preparing to lay hands on the wounded deputy.
    The sheriff casts Adam a quizzical look. "Don't tell me you're a sawbones too, Father." ((OCC: Remember, the use of magic, even miracles, is relatively unknown to the lay person on the street.))

From within the hotel, Ditto sees a man join the sheriff, it is difficult to tell much of the newcomer aside from the fact he appears to be a relatively young man, unhardened by the trials and tribulations of living in the frontier.

On the outskirts of town (Captain Jake Johnston and Private James Piltsen)
    You turn to follow whomever is making the dust cloud and realize it might be difficult as the cloud has all but disapated from the area in which you are. Further along, in the direction they appear to be traveling, the ground is not as open - giving less opportunity for dirt to fly up in the wake of their horses. There is also the issue of not having any intel on this group - their numbers, their strengths and weaknesses, or what exactly happened.

Fate Chips
    Joanne Hearst 1R, 2W

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Father Adam Guiteau

Adam blushes a moment, then tries to cover the situation as best he can. "I have a little medical training. Maybe his wound isn't as bad as it looks, Sheriff. If you'll keep an eye out and let me know what happened, I'd appreciate it!"

As soon as the sheriff turns away, the priest focuses his attentions on the wounded man. "Holy Jesus. Father God. Please allow your blessings to restore this man," he utters quietly as he brings the powers of the blessed to bear.

Spoiler
    Show
    How're we handlin' rolls? Faith roll would look like this, I guess, using rollv:
    Faith: (5d12)[7][8][7][9][5](36); then continue in an additional post from there, or continue rolls in OOC?
    I think I'll toss a white in to reroll the lowest... It's been a while, is that allowed? Or do whites just add 1? Argh!
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-12-18 at 01:01 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jake watches the dust cloud erase itself from the sky. He turns and spits into the dust to express his irritation as he pulls his horse up.

"We're not going to catch 'em like this, Captain. I can track 'em, but without knowing who they are I don't know if that's the best idea. Tracks'll still be there tomorrow, maybe we should head into town and get some idea what it is we're following." He glances at the Captain, shifting slightly in his saddle. Having given his advice, he sits patiently, waiting for the boss to make the call either way.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Debit

Without really working out what she aims to accomplish, Joanne throws her long grey duster over her dressing gown and scoops up her ever-present card-bookmarked Bible as she dashes down to the ground floor. As she exits the building, she spies a few other heads poking out of windows along the main drag. Jessie is already awake, of course, and seems to have been fussing about for hours with the breakfast fixin's. Debit steps just outside of the hotel alongside her and then takes a few hestitant steps forward toward the men in the middle of the street. She turns to look back and says, "Miss Sutherly, I think we'd best get the man inside so we can lay him out proper. Could we grab a canvas or cart or summat? T'ain't no good for a bleedin' man to lie in the road... dearie me, he's all a red mess..."
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

24. - Top - End - #54

[COLOR="Blue"]
    How're we handlin' rolls? Faith roll would look like this, I guess, using rollv:
    Faith: (5d12)[7][8][7][9][5](36); then continue in an additional post from there, or continue rolls in OOC? I think I'll toss a white in to reroll the lowest... It's been a while, is that allowed? Or do whites just add 1? Argh!
    In Deadlands, its the best result on the die, not the total. So your roll would look like Faith: (5d12)[7][8][7][9][5]; 9 being the result. Remember, if you roll the max value on one of the die its an Ace. You get to re-roll that die and add the results to the previous roll. And you keep re-rolling as long as the die comes up an Ace. Unfortunately, you didn't roll an Ace, so you have a 9. Toughness is based on the level of the wounds and without ranks in Medicine, I can't tell you the severity of his wounds. Other factors to take into consideration: you get a bonus to your roll based on his faith if you are of the same religion; and a negative if you are of different religions. The white chip will allow you to roll one more die in an attempt to get better than the 9. Are you going to spend the white chip?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Father Adam Guiteau

The preacher seems to be deeply intent on the wounded man.

Spoiler
    Show
    I remembered the highest roll is the result, I just dunno how to use the roller to not add the dice together. That's why I did {rollv}. I'll take the White Chip Reroll: (1d12)[2](2) and hope for the best!
    EDIT: Urg. Well, looks like 9 is my total, then!
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-12-20 at 11:17 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Spoiler
    Show
    Father Adam Guiteau
    I remembered the highest roll is the result, I just dunno how to use the roller to not add the dice together. That's why I did {rollv}. I'll take the White Chip Reroll: [roll0] and hope for the best!
    EDIT: Urg. Well, looks like 9 is my total, then!
    Sorry. I misunderstood. I don't know either so I quess {rollv} is the best for now and I will just pick out the highest roll.

Father Adam Guiteau
    You feel the power of the Lord move through you and begin to mend the body of the deputy (Serious Wounds - TN 9). The man is not out of the woods yet but he is certainly on his way to recovery.

Debit
    Miss Sutherly runs in the back and within moments returns with some old blankets. "Keep him covered and warm. I'll fetch Richard to get some of the other men to take him over to the Doc." With that she scurrys once more into the back to find Richard. You head outside with the blankets to find the sheriff and the other man crowded over the deputy. He is sitting up (barely) and coughing and breathing heavy but he certainly looks better than the amount of blood soaking his shirt and covering the ground would lead one to believe. The sheriff had a very stunned look on his face and is at a loss for words.

Captain Jake Johnston and Private James Piltsen
    (OCC: Waiting for Ceridan)

Fate Chips
    Father Adam Guiteau 1R, 1W
    Joanne Hearst 1R, 2W

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Father Adam GUiteau

Adam smiles brightly at the sheriff. "Messy, but not as bad as it looked, huh? Now, could you tell me what happened?" The preacher tries to shift the topic before it begins.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Debit

After Jessie hands her the blankets, Debit trundles over to the trio. She addresses the sheriff, saying, "Jessie's fetchin' some menfolk so's to carry this fellow to the doctor's. Yeesh... messy..." Seeing the gunshot wound, she looks around the area in the weak morning light. I wonder who shot him... and if he's still around...

((If he looks like he's still bleeding at all, I'd like to cast Bandage. I gather the Reverend's mojo took care of that, though.))
    John Dies At The End
    Sauron vs. Voldemort

29. - Top - End - #59

In Town
    The sheriff is obviously dumbfounded by the turn of events with the deputy's health. Though the wound is mended and he will recover, he is still badly hurt and has lost alot of blood. It will be some time before he is back on his feet again, but at least he will get back on his feet. "It... it... it looked much worse when it all happened," the sheriff stutters. "Dang blame it. These old eyes must have been playing tricks with me." He glances over at Debit, "Thank ya kindly miss. Doc should be able to patch him up nicely." He draws himself up and looks at Adam. "It was the Clancy brothers. They musta snuck inta town in the dead o' night an' hid out 'til Mr. Smithers opened up this mornin'. Then bent a gun over his noggin and dragged him on inta the bank - then they left us a note tellin' us who they was and rode outa town with the money, shootin' and raisin' hell as they went. I'm gonna hav to get after 'em. I reckon I can't let this go unanswered."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Father Adam Guiteau

The preacher's face blanches as the sheriff explains the situation. "Why would they leave a note? That doesn't make much sense," he says the last with a puzzled look on his face. "I'm glad your man's wound wasn't as bad as it looked, but I don't think you should rush off alone after the culprits."