New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WW/Mafia] Mansion Murder Mystery

"Looks like a suicide," a woman with a bubble pipe and an inside-out trenchcoat suggested before picking up an unfinished novel.
    "Then Lord Branston entered the room, clapping. 'Ha ha ha ha ha. Very good, Inspector. So we've come here at last. I've been posing for years, pretending to be the long-lost son of the Archduke.'
    'That wasn't what I was about to accuse you of.'
    'Oh. Dang it.'
    What a curious book he was writing. Perhaps there is a clue in it.'"

Okay, so the murderers managed to get the novelist but we have a wolf to look at. Unfortunately we don't have anything he posted after his became the leading wagon. That would have been good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    I'm going to agree with Xihirli. Stalling never benefits the town, but always benefits the wolves. In my experience, people who avoid voting rarely have anything good in mind for town.

As such, bc56 preaches very dangerous gospel.

Wait... Mordokai... Gospel ("Good news")... Good... Xihirli... Clearly it is the goal of the murderers to associate themselves with things that are objectively wonderful through word choice. And who is Chaotic good...ish? Elenna!

Caerulia, why you no vote?
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-10-02 at 05:20 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Well... that's not good. Hopefully they were just the Crime Novel Enthusiast.

Also, flyinglemur was my only real suspect based on D1 (because of creating an anti-Mordekai wagon and not giving any reason for their vote), but obviously that was incorrect, so... idk.

Guess I'll stick with poking less active people for now. Cuthalion, no D1 vote from you?
    Last edited by Elenna; 2019-10-01 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Used wrong colour for the vote
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

The old, retired man strokes his beard and straightens his suspenders. "A suicide? Ridiculous. No one could have shot themselves that many times before dying, let alone switching weapons each time. I daresay he may have found some useful clue and been killed for his knowledge. Let us see what he has written in that notebook."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "No one could have shot themselves that many times before dying, let alone switching weapons each time."
    "
    "You innocent, innocent little man. You must have had a very pleasant childhood."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

"No, see here. This wound goes through the stomach, this one through the heart, and this one through the brain. All fatal injuries. Now quickly madam, the book, before the killer attempts to destroy it."

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

"Every bullet is to the face. But if you like, here's half a chapter of an unrelated mystery."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Welp, sad to die so soon, but good luck guys.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Well... that's not good. Hopefully they were just the Crime Novel Enthusiast.

Also, flyinglemur was my only real suspect based on D1 (because of creating an anti-Mordekai wagon and not giving any reason for their vote), but obviously that was incorrect, so... idk.

Guess I'll stick with poking less active people for now. Cuthalion, no D1 vote from you?
    Yeah, I thought the first day phase ended 12 hours later than it did.

BoP and Jeen, particularly the latter, are always villagers. I think you look alright for asking Jeen why she was voting Mordokai, given the levels of activity. Seems like it'd be more risky than necessary if you were a wolf.

Lemur only makes sense as a village kill, if that's not the case then I'd like to thank the wolf team.

I'm going to vote Xihirli because she made a conscious decision not to vote Mordokai

/shrug
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Halfling in the Playground

I hate to question someone calling me a villager, but what do you mean by me always being a villager?

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post

I'm going to vote Xihirli because she made a conscious decision not to vote Mordokai

/shrug
    When did I do that(beyond just voting for another person)?

Also, I’d like to point out that bc56 was on the chopping block before I moved my vote to Libro. I didn’t vote for Mordokai, but I did make the decision that most directly led to his death.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Well, that murder's bad. Or goodish, if they are actually the Enthusiast instead of the real Novelist.

Some Role Speculation
    Since we have less than 20 players, not every Role was assigned. Or at least that's my understanding from the ruleset. (Someone please correct me if that seems mistaken.)

Since only 1 person died, it's possible that there's no Soldier. Not necessarily the case, as the Soldier could have protected someone, but possible.
    ...I guess that's not really important, but I felt like throwing that out there.

I'd prefer to wait on voting until I have more info (more responses, more time to process info), but I've got an almost all-day meeting tomorrow and I don't want to miss my chance, especially given how 'lack of vote' is close to 'wolfish'.

BoP and Jeen, particularly the latter, are always villagers. I think you look alright for asking Jeen why she was voting Mordokai, given the levels of activity. Seems like it'd be more risky than necessary if you were a wolf.
    While I appreciate the vote of confidence, this is my first werewolf game on the forums. Unless I did some years ago and forgot.
    Or you are purposefully adding misinformation about me.

Either way, I'll go with Cuthalion as well. Their nonchalance in day 1 feels too good an excuse even if this hadn't been posted.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yeah, I thought the first day phase ended 12 hours later than it did.

Lemur only makes sense as a village kill, if that's not the case then I'd like to thank the wolf team.

/shrug
    That's fair, and you have some decent analysis here. On the other hand, I'm not sure I like the public speculation about who's definitely a villager - feels like it's looking for good wolf targets.
    Lemur could be a village kill, I guess - I wouldn't have done it if I were the Soldier, but maybe they're just more trigger-happy. On the other hand, then you have to ask why the wolves didn't kill last night. Some options, off the top of my head:
    1. the Soldier killed lemur and wolves hit a neutral role that has some sort of protection
    2. the Soldier killed lemur and wolves didn't send a kill order last night due to some sort of miscommunication
    3. The wolves' kill was redirected due to some power not mentioned in the list (which would have to be a neutral role, and it seems like an odd power for a neutral role to have)
    4. The wolves didn't spend a ton of time analyzing D1 and just killed a random person

1 and 4 seem the most likely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    While I appreciate the vote of confidence, this is my first werewolf game on the forums. Unless I did some years ago and forgot.
    Or you are purposefully adding misinformation about me.

Either way, I'll go with Cuthalion as well. Their nonchalance in day 1 feels too good an excuse even if this hadn't been posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    I hate to question someone calling me a villager, but what do you mean by me always being a villager?
    Pretty sure they meant that given what happened D1, Cuthalion thinks there's an almost 100% chance you're both villagers. That is, if you imagine all the possible role distributions, and take only the ones where this D1 is possible, *among that set* Cuthalion thinks you're both always villagers. I've seen that particular way of phrasing it before, but not much on this site.

Not sure I agree, BoP especially could be a wolf who didn't expect the Mordekai vote to actually go anywhere and was looking to prevent suspicion later.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Oh! I think I just understood this sentence. You're proposing that some town/neutral with a Power to kill killed him, and presumably the Wolf-kill was blocked?

EDIT: I know editing is in general frowned upon, but noting that Elenna's post was written while I was writing this one, as otherwise I seem rather dim for repeating In other words, ninja'd.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2019-10-02 at 11:16 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lemur could be a village kill, I guess - I wouldn't have done it if I were the Soldier, but maybe they're just more trigger-happy. On the other hand, then you have to ask why the wolves didn't kill last night. Some options, off the top of my head:
    1. the Soldier killed lemur and wolves hit a neutral role that has some sort of protection
    2. the Soldier killed lemur and wolves didn't send a kill order last night due to some sort of miscommunication
    3. The wolves' kill was redirected due to some power not mentioned in the list (which would have to be a neutral role, and it seems like an odd power for a neutral role to have)
    4. The wolves didn't spend a ton of time analyzing D1 and just killed a random person

Actually, looking at D1 again, there's some fairly obvious non-lemur targets for last night's wolf kill. (Not gonna say who for obvious reasons.) If I were a wolf, at least, I would have argued quite a bit for some other target last night. So on second thought, I'm inclined to agree with Cuthalion that this was probably a village kill.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

That's fair, and you have some decent analysis here. On the other hand, I'm not sure I like the public speculation about who's definitely a villager - feels like it's looking for good wolf targets.

I reckon it's also possible that the Wolves and the Soldier tried to kill the same person.

Pretty sure they meant that given what happened D1, Cuthalion thinks there's an almost 100% chance you're both villagers. That is, if you imagine all the possible role distributions, and take only the ones where this D1 is possible, *among that set* Cuthalion thinks you're both always villagers. I've seen that particular way of phrasing it before, but not much on this site.

Not sure I agree, BoP especially could be a wolf who didn't expect the Mordekai vote to actually go anywhere and was looking to prevent suspicion later.
    If that is what he meant, I really like the thought behind that manner of speaking. Not enough to change my vote without more reason to, but still something pleasant to encounter.
    For BoP, something to keep in mind for future days.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Unfortunately, I'm not getting much of a wolfy vibe from anyone. I have a few suspects for the villager side of things, but I'm having a hard time picking out possible wolves.

For the record (and yes, I know there is some overlap with what has already been said):

Suspected Villagers: Since BasketOfPuppies and JeenLeen both voted for Mordekai, they are reading more strongly as villager. Similarly, since Mordekai voted for bc56, I'm hesitant to think of bc65 as a wolf, even given the voting...issue. Although it is worth noting that bc56 hasn't voted yet today (bc56, please do so, or otherwise contribute to the conversation other than just In Character speaking, thank you). Finally, if Elenna is a wolf, they are doing a very good job of appearing to be a villager (encouraging conversation, promoting voting, vote record seems logical for a villager).

Unknowns: I'm unsure about Caerulea and Cuthalion. In Cuthalion's case, I completely understand messing up on the timing/real world getting in the way (is there any way we could get a 1 or 2 hour warning before the Day ends?). Caerulea seems helpful with the Journal, but the suspicious part of my mind see that as a way to possibly manipulate information (if someone relies on it too much, and Caerulea makes a "mistake", it could cause problems for the villagers). Also, Caerulea did not vote on D1, and has given no explanation for this. Libro spoke up during the night phase, and explained their Day 1 absence, but has not spoken up today. Voidstar hasn't said a lot, although their Day 1 vote message does read as fairly villager-y. Xihirli is being, well, Xihirli (their Confusion-Fu is strong), and I can't decide which side she seems to be on. And, of course, Logic remains to be seen.

While I hate to create a tie, I'm not comfortable voting for Cuthalion just yet. And so: Caerulea, why have you not voted yet? What is your take on everything?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

I was saying you were villagers because you both voted for a wolf on d1 when doing so was entirely unnecessary. BoP is included here because they were around and paying attention throughout the phase. It's not like they dropped a tentative vote for distancing and then forgot about the game until it was too late to change or anything. You don't make a vote on a teammate to distance unless you're willing to risk moving it off, otherwise that's just entirely suboptimal play. I'd add a caveat that if literally all the other wagons were also wolves BoP might be one as well, but... yeah.

You can choose to believe me or not, Jeen, but you're equating not voting and wolfish behavior when I just thought there was more time in the day than there was and was entirely planning to come into thread and vote. If I'm not telling the truth and it was in fact a conscious decision, I don't see why I wouldn't have voted somewhere else and not gotten my wolf partner lynched.

Oh! I think I just understood this sentence. You're proposing that some town/neutral with a Power to kill killed him, and presumably the Wolf-kill was blocked?
    And yeah, this. I don't remember if there are any non-wolf-aligned roles in the game that can kill people, but that being the case makes a lot more sense to me than the wolves consciously deciding to make that particular kill.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I like the public speculation about who's definitely a villager - feels like it's looking for good wolf targets.
    If I was a wolf, why would I look for good targets in thread instead of just saying "i think these people are very villagery and should be targeted" in wolfchat? The advantages of us discussing our reads and coming to some sort of consensus about our reads far outweigh any downsides, and is basically the village's counterplay to the wolves' information advantage. I'm stating them as clearly as I can because my confidence on those particular reads is high, and I think it would be a really bad idea to lynch them at any point (exception being if they're still alive at the end of the game or something like that).

I just found this from BoP:

As such, I’ll vote for someone who hasn’t posted yet: Mordekai, though I’ll probably change it if they post.
    This is giving them an out if they were to change votes. They were present throughout the phase. They didn't change their vote, even though that would clearly result in a wolf being lynched. Looks fairly clear-cut to me.

Xihirli, you're absolutely right. I'll switch to Voidstar instead, as someone who's posted but not really done much of anything.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Xihirli, you're absolutely right.
    That’s the first sensible thing anyone has ever said. Ever.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-10-02 at 02:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

After reading through the journal, the gentleman concurs. "Entirely unrelated drivel." He throws down the manuscript onto the table in disgust, for anyone to read.

I'm going to vote Caerulea, because she looks shifty to me.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #50
    Halfling in the Playground

Sorry I haven’t been around much- work added 2 shifts to my schedule this week bc someone quit. I honestly didn’t notice that Mordokai posted D1; had I noticed I would’ve moved my vote off to someone else like o said I would.

My shift starts soon, but after work I’m gonna read through the first two days to see what I can come up with.

If we have a soldier, isn’t it a good thing that they aren’t killing yet? They’re more likely to hit a villager than a wolf, so they’re probably just gonna speed the clock up.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry I haven’t been around much- work added 2 shifts to my schedule this week bc someone quit. I honestly didn’t notice that Mordokai posted D1; had I noticed I would’ve moved my vote off to someone else like o said I would.

My shift starts soon, but after work I’m gonna read through the first two days to see what I can come up with.

If we have a soldier, isn’t it a good thing that they aren’t killing yet? They’re more likely to hit a villager than a wolf, so they’re probably just gonna speed the clock up.
    If a soldier shot lemur, I would 100% support that decision in light of d1. Beyond that, becomes a lot less justifiable.
    Show
    You're my favorite.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

You can choose to believe me or not, Jeen, but you're equating not voting and wolfish behavior when I just thought there was more time in the day than there was and was entirely planning to come into thread and vote. If I'm not telling the truth and it was in fact a conscious decision, I don't see why I wouldn't have voted somewhere else and not gotten my wolf partner lynched.
    Fair enough. Between this and other recent discussion. Going to change vote.

For BoP, something to keep in mind for future days.
    And I'll follow-up on earlier (albeit small) suspicions and change vote to BasketOfPuppies. Although this is mostly since I want to change my vote away from Cuthalion and BoP is one of the folk without any votes for D2. Unlikely it will lead to a cascade of votes leading to a death.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I reckon it's also possible that the Wolves and the Soldier tried to kill the same person.
    True - although that brings back the question of "why would the wolves choose lemur of all people".

And yeah, this. I don't remember if there are any non-wolf-aligned roles in the game that can kill people, but that being the case makes a lot more sense to me than the wolves consciously deciding to make that particular kill.
    Just the Soldier, as far as I can tell, although I guess there could be a neutral role with a kill that's trying to help town. But that would mean three possible kills in a night, which seems like too much for this size game.

If I was a wolf, why would I look for good targets in thread instead of just saying "i think these people are very villagery and should be targeted" in wolfchat? The advantages of us discussing our reads and coming to some sort of consensus about our reads far outweigh any downsides, and is basically the village's counterplay to the wolves' information advantage. I'm stating them as clearly as I can because my confidence on those particular reads is high, and I think it would be a really bad idea to lynch them at any point (exception being if they're still alive at the end of the game or something like that).

I just found this from BoP:

This is giving them an out if they were to change votes. They were present throughout the phase. They didn't change their vote, even though that would clearly result in a wolf being lynched. Looks fairly clear-cut to me.

Xihirli, you're absolutely right. I'll switch to Voidstar instead, as someone who's posted but not really done much of anything.
    You could be fishing to see who other people think are villagery? but okay. It wasn't a strong suspicion in the first place, I just have nothing since lemur turned out to be innocent.
    bc56, any thoughts on the game?

@Cuthalion, not sure why you say BoP was present throughout the phase?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

True - although that brings back the question of "why would the wolves choose lemur of all people".

Just the Soldier, as far as I can tell, although I guess there could be a neutral role with a kill that's trying to help town. But that would mean three possible kills in a night, which seems like too much for this size game.

You could be fishing to see who other people think are villagery? but okay. It wasn't a strong suspicion in the first place, I just have nothing since lemur turned out to be innocent.
    bc56, any thoughts on the game?

@Cuthalion, not sure why you say BoP was present throughout the phase?
    I posted an hour ago.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

I gotta look at the totals give me a second.

Voter Votee
    Xihirli Caerulia
    Elenna Cuthalion
    Cuthalion Xihirli
    JeenLeen Cuthalion
    kgato503 Caerulia
    Cuthalion Voidstar
    bc56 Caerulia
    JeenLeen Basket of Puppies
    Elenna bc56

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I don't like the Caerulia wagon very much. It feels too... odd that my poke shot up so fast. I'd be okay with moving to a kgato or bc56 wagon because of how fishy this is to me. Like guys, if they don't respond to a poke let them autolynch.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    Libro spoke up during the night phase, and explained their Day 1 absence, but has not spoken up today.
    Been reading on my phone and waiting until I got home to compose a post. I hate trying to rush something out on mobile.

Gonna post thoughts on the roster

1. BasketOfPuppies- I don’t think a wolf would finger their seer and keep their vote on with a chance of lynching.
    Go team! I sure am glad to have led us on such a great victory /s.
    This feels kinda weird to me, not sure if its the language used or me trying to process it.
    2. bc56-town read. While possibly a façade, their writing feels very much town to me. Mordokai also tried to swing a counter-wagon onto bc56, after BoP voited for M.
    3. Caerulea - difficult read. feels like an apathetic neutral.
    4. Cuthalion - I've been wavering back and forth on this, but I'm leaning town atm. First post of the day seemed a little shoddy, but they've pulled it together since (first post was before morning coffee, perhaps).
    5. Elenna - difficult to get a solid read on, but very vocal. not worth voting out atm since more posts = more material to work with.
    6. flyinglemur-dead-Crime Novelist. Honestly who I would’ve fingered for today’s vote.
    7. JeenLeen - as Elenna
    8. kgato503 - town lean
    9. Libro - me, myself and I.
    10. Logic - afk - null read. hopefully either they show up or flat_footed takes over and becomes active enough to evaluate.
    11. Mordokai - dead - Academic - D1 Lynch with a sprig of luck.
    12. Voidstar01- slight town lean, based upon tone of their post. could be pro-town neutral or town.
    13. Xihirli- An eternal enigma. Imo they are too fun to vote out yet tho.

I'm going to hold my vote for now since I dont have any clear wolf reads. Hopefully I can work out a more solid vote by end of in-game day tomorrow, since I don't have a morning class on Thursdays. Seriously, either I'm blind or the wolves are damn convincing this game. Probably gonna be one where I'm trying not to pull my hair out >_<

Running some quick math, I think we have 3 wolves left, out of 11 players total.
    Spoiler: Math involving number of players and roles:
    Show
    Spoiler: Town, 7+X players
    Show
    Crime Novelist: 1 player, 1 total (this or enthusiast dead)
    Crime Novel Enthusiast: 1 player, 2 total
    Eavesdropper: 1 player, 3 total
    Lesser Nobility: 1 player, 4 total
    Secret Lovers: 2 players, 6 total
    Soldier: 1 player, 7 total
    Working Class: X players, 7+ X people

Neutrals unknown: Y players
    Spoiler: Wolves, 3+Z players
    Show
    Academic: 1 player, 1 total (dead)
    Gold Digger: 1 player, 2 total
    Psychopath: 1 player, 3 total
    Working Class: Z players, 3+Z total

7+X+Y+3+Z=13
    X+Y+Z=3
    There is probably 1 working class for both sides and one neutral in the game, assuming that Working Class is not a plural role and all roles actually exist.

@AvatarVecna: Asking since its kinda unclear, is Working Class for town/wolf a single-player power role or are they plural in place of vanilla town/wolf?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    @AvatarVecna: Asking since its kinda unclear, is Working Class for town/wolf a single-player power role or are they plural in place of vanilla town/wolf?
    Working Class is a power role. The closest thing to "vanilla" role in this game would be Lesser Nobility/Gold Digger, since they don't have a power that requires active use. That being said, I'm giving no guarantee that any particular role did or didn't make it into this game, as well as no guarantee that there aren't repeated roles.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    I posted an hour ago.
    So you did. Not sure how I missed that. Sorry!
    Caerulea, on the other hand, hasn't posted since early D1.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like I should be finding stronger reasons than "hasn't posted yet" to vote for people by now, but I'm not really seeing anything tbh.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

*I enter in a fancy, and very comfortable blue sillk nightgown, around 11 in the morning, with a cup of warm Irish Breakfast tea in my hand. I did overhear interesting conversation. Apparantly the conspirators are murdering people in their sleep. It is lucky I didn't encounter anyone when getting that snack last night. This will be even more fun than I thought. It seems to be heading in a potentially dangerous direction, though, so I'd better step in. I wouldn't want to put myself at risk, that's what other people are for.*
    So you did. Not sure how I missed that. Sorry!
    Caerulea, on the other hand, hasn't posted since early D1.
    Don't worry! I have finally awoken, and just in time too. I apologise for oversleeping, as the journey from my manor to Sir Bartholomew's—Well, I suppose it is his no longer, but whoever's it ends up being it is quite a bit of distance from my own place of residence.

Good gentlemen and ladies, there appears to be certain suspicions floating around me, including, not to my surprise, that I am quite hard to read. I assure, you I mean no harm to anyone here, and being cautious is a trait I have acquired by dealing with my peers.

Now there is the subject of my not voting the first day. A more full explanation and additional musings may be found in my journal, which I have left on the piano in the upstairs sitting room, but suffice it to say that I did not feel confident enough to murder someone just to get a little information. Fortunately the papers of the fellow you killed revealed he was a conspirator, but think of what could have happened if you were wrong. An innocent would have died, and our numerical advantage against the conspirators would have shrunk.

*I look at the paper on the desktop, and see 2 lists of names next to each other, some crossed out*
    Really, Xihirli? My name may not be Jane Smith, but as it was written down, I should hope you are literate enough to see that it has no 'i' in it. Do not worry, I have not taken offense (you bastard).

*It appears that nobody will allow me to abstain from sentencing some poor soul to death. What a shame. With this in mind, who should I choose? While Xihirli seems like an overall unpleasant person, hidden behind attempts at comedy, she does have influence with the others. Maybe I can get away with not voting for slightly longer? Hmmm… probably not. A large amount of people seem to target me, at this point I almost must vote for bc56, solely because otherwise I might be killed*
    Most of you seem suspicious of my unwillingness to participate in a mob, so I shall humour you. I cast my vote to stab, dismember, or otherwise murder bc56. However, I must ask if we have a system to resolve the current state, where both bc56 and I have the same effective number of votes. Also, as I said before, my notes are upstairs in the sitting room. It is unfortunate, bc56, that you didn't enjoy my poetry, but please only look at the parts relevant to our mutual situation.

Spoiler: Excerpt's from Caerulea's Journal (Updated)
    Show

Spoiler: Day the First
    Show
    Summary of the current state of the proceedings:
    Person Vote Reasoning
    bc56 Xihirli Reprisal for Xihirli's vote for him.
    BasketOfPuppies Mordokai Mordokai has not voted. Selected from those who haven't voted pseudorandomly.
    Xihirli bc56 bc56 has abstained from voting night 1.
    Elenna kgato503 Has played enough games that he knows the argument that early day voting is about acquiring information.
    kgato503 Elenna Horrible accusations as to their character.

Vote tallies:
    Person Votes
    bc56 2: Xihirli‚ Mordokai
    Mordokai 2: BasketOfPuppies, JeenLeen
    Xihirli 1: bc56
    kgato503 1: Elenna
    Elenna 1: kgato503

There are 13 people here, and at least 7 innocents (well, as a commoner can be, but let us leave that well enough alone). As no information is available on people's allegiance, killing someone is more likely than not to kill an innocent. Therefore, I abstain.

Spoiler: List of People and Roles
    Show

Person Role
    BasketOfPuppies Unknown
    bc56 Unknown (probably a wolf)
    Caerulea Town—Role kept secret for now.
    Cuthalion Unknown
    Elenna Unknown
    flyinglemur (dead) Town—Crime Novel[ist/ enthusiast]
    JeenLeen Unknown
    kgato03 Unknown
    Libro Unknown
    Logic Unknown, Inactive
    Mordokai (dead) Wolf—Academic
    Voidstar Unknown
    Xihirli Unknown

Spoiler: Day the Second
    Show

Person lynched yesterday: Mordokai, the Academic. (Conspirator)
    Person killed in the night: flyinglemeur, the Crime Novelist (Innocent)

History of the Votes and Reasoning, second day.
    Person
    Votes
    Reason
    Xihirli
    First: Myself.
    Second: bc56
    First: I did not vote, and she wants everybody to participate in her public killings.
    Second: She was rightly suspicious that her original vote, which was not intended to succeed, suddenly gained a large amount of traction.

Elenna First: Cutholion
    Second:
    bc56
    Third:
    Myself
    First: He was less active and did not vote day 1.
    Second: As a way of encouraging bc56 to say his piece.
    Third: An unnecessary attempt to encourage me to say something.
    Cuthalion First: Xihirli
    Second: Voidstar
    First: Xihirli did not vote for Mordokai, though they could have.
    Second: He posted, but did nothing.
    Kgato03 Myself Simply wants to remove those not participating overmuch in games, for reasons of sleep or other trivialities.
    bc56 Myself. b56 is a horrible judge of character, and thinks me to be 'shifty'

Tallies of votes for each person:
    Person Tally People
    Myself 0 None worth mentioning
    bc56 2 Xihirli, Myself
    BasketOfPuppies 1 JeenLeen

Abbreviated transcriptions of the group discussions to be added later, if time permits. Some of us do have things to do, and the piano sounds amazing.

Last edited by Caerulea; 2019-10-02 at 08:37 PM.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    Tallies of votes for each person:
    [/I][/FONT]
    Person Tally People
    Myself 0 None worth mentioning
    bc56 2 Xihirli, Myself
    BasketOfPuppies 1 JeenLeen
    Really Caerulea, you feel that the 3 votes against you are not worth mentioning? And you are belittling people trying to get others to speak up (which gives the village more to work with)?

I'm sorry, the way that all was said seems less "innocent" to me. For now, I will keep my vote on Caerulea.