New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron: Shadows of the Last War (IC)

Arzeal

Once again as unexpected as normal, the Shifter jumps to his feat and freaks out.

AAAAAAaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHhhhhhh

WHAT THE, WHERE IS BATTLE GLORY MARKS FROM YESTERDAY, I KNOW SABER CUT ME GOOD.

WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO IT!!! WHO DID THIS TO ME!!!
    Last edited by stupnick; 2007-12-28 at 11:37 PM.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

Zag'Rat had been unsure of what to do when the door opened, so he had just remained still. He had been mistaken for a suit of armor or a statue before. Some of the things the strange man had said almost sounded familiar to him, and he wracked his memory trying to make heads or tails of them.

Knowledge:Arcana - (1d20+5)[20]

"Garrock, while you were doing your research did you happen to check on a map for these places we need to go? We emptied the magical bag and found a letter of credit for travel from House Orien or House Lyrandar to Rhukaan Draal as well a keycharm. I dont mean to be hasty, but the lady seemed to be in great distress and wished us to make all haste to find these people she mentioned and this other schema."

Gathering his things he gets ready to leave.

"I've never dealt with either of those houses before. Is there a particular place in Sharn where they arrange for these travels? Would one be better than the other?"

As he asks the last bit, he disrects his question to Za.

3. - Top - End - #213

Zagrat

Your knowledge of the arcane includes the facts that some of the Planes do have some impact on certain spells, depending on the position of the planes, in relation to the material plane.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

Shaerdon

Looking at the proffesor for a moment, Shaerdon, after waking up of course, turns to Garrock.

"Garrock, who is this........man?" He says looking over the large man head to toe with a mild look of disgust.
    Incredible Avatar done expertly By Simius
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Bleach Sigatar done by Magioth.
    Amazing Falzar Avvy by thecrimsonmage.

5. - Top - End - #215

Garrock's Room

Za knows that there is an Orien Lightning rail station down in Lower Tavick's Landing, a sea port down at the shores of cliffside, and an airship port up at the top of Lyrandar Tower.
    The Tangled Web

6. - Top - End - #216

Garrock

"He's a professor, Shaerdon." Garrock says. "Hmmm... Churning Chaos and Endless Day at the same time. That could be interesting..."
    Knowledge the Planes - (1d20+5)[8]
    (For any information on Kythri and the effects it's coterminous phase has on the world.)
    Knowledge the Planes - (1d20+5)[15]
    (Same for Irian)
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

7. - Top - End - #217

Garrock

Your knowledge of the Churning Chaos is lacking and you cannot seem to recall what effects, if any, it has when coterminous.

However, you do know that the Eternal Day has an affect that lasts for the 10 days while it is coterminous. During the hour around noon, spells that use positive energy, or clerics who make turning attempts against the undead function as if they have a +1 modifier to Caster Level.
    The Tangled Web

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

Shaerdon

"Proffesor? Where do you know him from and what is he talking about, with this about Churning Chaos?"
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

The artificer shuffles impatiently from foot to foot with his weapon to hip, shield to arm, and pack over his shoulder.

"Garrock works at this school here. I would guess they are likely colleagues. Speaking of work, you may want to notify your superior about a leave of absence...actually...better yet maybe not. The Lord of Blades's minions knew the message was for you, so if you tell someone where you're going we could easily be followed."

10. - Top - End - #220

Garrock

"I'll just tell them I'm taking a leave of absence. They never seem to care much as long as I bring back something shiny to show them afterwords." Garrock says to Zag'rat. To Shaerdon, he says "The Churning Chaos is one of the planes of existance. It's coterminous right now, which means that it can affect our world. I can't remember the exact effects, though. Irian, the Endless Day, is another plane, and it's going to be coterminous very soon. It empowers positive energy spells at midday. Speaking of spells, I need to do some studying before we leave."
    Garrock takes out his spellbook and begins studying intently, phasing out any noise and commotion around him.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Za

"What are you talking about, Arzeal?" Za asks the panicked shifter. After a moment, she pulls her shirt up exactly enough to expose the place on her gut where the wound Saber inflicted on her was to her own gaze, then puts it back and says "My wounds feel a bit less deep than they should, but my real shape doesn't have any less of a scar than I expected...oh, hey, my clothes got fixed too. Did you do that while we were sleeping, Upwelling?" She listens to Garrock's explaination, then asks "Wait, so he woke us up to tell you that chaos was being unpredictable?"
    Last edited by Winged One; 2007-12-30 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Shaerdon

"What do you mean they can affect our world? How does that matter to us?"
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

Hoping to head off any inquiries so Garrock can study his book and they can leave all the faster, Zag'Rat pipes up and tries to explain it to Shaerdon,

"Well, it doesnt really effect you so much, but it could effect Garrock, Upwelling, and myself if we try to use any...spells."

He slightly pauses towards the end, deciding it will be easiest to just categorize his infusions in the same manner as the other two's magics.

"I would have to guess that man didnt know all of us were here, and he knew the information would be important to Garrock so he knew to be careful with his spells."

14. - Top - End - #224

Za

The House Orien Lightning Rail station is in Lower Tavick's Landing.

The House Lyrandar Air Docks are at the top of Lyrandar Tower in Upper Central.

The House Lyrandar Sea Docks are at the base of the cliffs, and can be accessed from Lower Cliffside.
    The Tangled Web

15. - Top - End - #225

Arzeal

Turning towards Za, My, My, My, Scar, it's not really there anymore. Someone pretty much got rid of it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Upwelling

Slowly rotating his head back and forth Upwelling looks quizzically at Za and Arzeal. "Why...why would you want damage? How is that a positive feature? I...I don't understand..." Resettling his plating, Upwelling seems to regain confidence and says "Come over here, I can get rid of the last of that for you now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Light on Arzeal, Cure Light on Za, Repair Light on Zagrat, Cure Minor on Za, Cure Minor on Za.

Still have minor scars.
    Last edited by Seffbasilisk; 2008-01-01 at 03:49 PM.
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

17. - Top - End - #227

Garrock's Room

As Azreal examines his body, he finds that there is actually a healthy scar.

Za's wounds are still there, although they are almost completely healed.

Sheardon's wounds have started to heal on their own, but they have not received the benefit of any magical healing.

{OOC: Azreal still has 5 dmg, Za still has 2 dmg. Sheardon has 3 dmg. Everyone else is at full health.}
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2008-01-01 at 04:39 PM.
    The Tangled Web

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Za
    HP 7/12

[ooc]I've decided that I'm currently sober enough to post, mostly because Za really wants to not let Arzeal explain the scar thing. Ignore this post if you think I'm mistaken about that.
    Also, when did she receive healing besides enough to get her on her feet and the 2 hp CLW in the middle of the night?[/ooc]

"Your clothes just got fixed over it. Lift them up a bit and look." Za says to Arzeal. If he complies, she says "See? It's still there." She doesn't let Arzeal answer Upwelling's question before she does. "Scars from fights are important in Arzeal's culture. It's not so much the damage itself, but the reminder our bodies leave of it after they fix themselves. I just picked the tradition up because I figure that a scar on my real shape will remind me to not do stupid crap like get right between two people that are trying to kill me without dodging. In my case that's partly because I can just shapeshift it away when it's more important to look good than it is to look tough, but I think they're the same to him. Just ask his permission to heal him in the future unless you think he'll die if you wait to get it." If no pointless fights occur, she asks the group at large "So, do you guys want to take a boat, an airship, or a rail? The Oriens run the rail station down in Lower Tavick's, the Lyranders run the airship dock in Upper Central, and also the docks on the bottom of the cliffs. Oh, Upwelling, you might want to save your magic in case we get attacked today. I'll just stay back and shoot if that happens."
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-01-02 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Added responses to things I missed due to being stoned out of my mind(on medication for which I have a prescription)
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

19. - Top - End - #229

{OOC: Upwelling did the 2 HP CLW plus 2 Cure Minor Wounds, plus 2 HP from natural healing.}
    The Tangled Web

20. - Top - End - #230

Arzeal
    19/24

Lifting his shirt, and looking over his body, Arzeal nods towards Za, OK, your right, everything looks like it should.

Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

The boat did not sound terribly good to the man made mostly of metal. He wasnt exactly sure what a rail was, but flying sounded exciting.

"I think the airship sounds like a great idea. We dont know if the place we're going to is on the shore, so a boat could leave us with a long trip inland from the coast. I guess the same could be said about a rail, maybe the rail doesnt go directly to Rukhaan Draal. An airship is probably the fastest and most likely to get us directly there."

An air of excitement is clear in his voice as he talks about the benefits of an airship.

22. - Top - End - #232

Garrock

Garrock looks up from his spellbook to adress Zag'rat's proposal of airship travel. "Zag'rat, do you know how much airship passage costs? Especially chartered passage where it'll go where we tell it? More than I've got, that's for sure. I think the rail would be a better choice." Having said his peice, Garrock goes back to studying.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

Guessing the frail man must have been pre-occupied with the strange new developments when he mentioned it, the 'forged reiterates for Garrock,

"Well, then it's a good thing the bag we got from our benefactor contained a letter of credit for passage from both Houses Orion and Lyrander. Za, was the letter good for round trip passage, and did it specify how many persons it was good for?"

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Za
    HP 7/12

"I don't actually remember...who's got the magic backpack again?" Za asks, unless she's wearing it, in which case she withdraws the letter of credit to check it for the answers to Zag'rat's questions.

[ooc]...oh mighty Lord of the Nine, I beg you to let us not have left all of our stuff in the library despite that nobody actually posted that they were putting it back in the Haverstack and taking the Haverstack.[/ooc]
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-01-02 at 02:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235

The letter indicates that it pays for all of you, and will only cover passage via sea or rail, not by air.
    The Tangled Web

26. - Top - End - #236

Quote Originally Posted by Diarmuid View Post
    Zag'Rat

Guessing the frail man must have been pre-occupied with the strange new developments when he mentioned it, the 'forged reiterates for Garrock,

"Well, then it's a good thing the bag we got from our benefactor contained a letter of credit for passage from both Houses Orion and Lyrander. Za, was the letter good for round trip passage, and did it specify how many persons it was good for?"
    "If that letter of credit is good for chartering an airship, then Lady Elaydren is a whole lot richer than I thought," Garrock says, not looking up from his spellbook.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Za
    HP 7/12

"Aw...we can't take an airship." Za says as she reads the relevant part of the letter. "Oh well, it's free."

[ooc]Take 10 on INT check: does Za even know what a lightning rail is, or that it's faster than a boat?

Also, is it a round trip or not? Is the Haverstack on the floor or what? Finally, did we or did we not leave anything in the library besides books that were there before we got there?[/ooc]

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Zag'Rat

Slightly disappointed they will not be able to take an airship, Zag'Rat speaks for his preference between the two other options.

"Well, of the sea or rail I would have to say I would prefer a rail."

Looking around the room, he tries to see if there is anything else Garrock might need for the trip.

"Garrock, what do you plan on bringing with you besides your books? I will get it all together so we can leave once you're done studying."

29. - Top - End - #239

Garrock
    Quote Originally Posted by Diarmuid View Post
    Zag'Rat

Slightly disappointed they will not be able to take an airship, Zag'Rat speaks for his preference between the two other options.

"Well, of the sea or rail I would have to say I would prefer a rail."

Looking around the room, he tries to see if there is anything else Garrock might need for the trip.

"Garrock, what do you plan on bringing with you besides your books? I will get it all together so we can leave once you're done studying."
    "... Just my crossbow, and some tea leaves. And food, I guess. My food is in the cuboards, you might as well take it all."

30. - Top - End - #240

{OOC: @Za - Of course you know what a lightning rail is. everyone does. its like you knowing what an airplane is, even though you've never ridden on one.

It does not specify round way or one way.

The haversack is up your butt for all i care. Just make sure its listed on someone's sheet. No one left anything at the libarary.}
    The Tangled Web