New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Eternity Smells of Oil (IC)

OOC: VLRRH, Mordred, not so fast. You gone todash. I didn`t say you left it in one piece.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: What the hell does todash mean?

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Traveling between dimensions.
    @ Eerie-hey, it's quick. And Mordred isn't just another person-as the son of the Crimson King, he has at least a little protection from the Things from Outside.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race
    -Complicated Wendigo Race
    False Hydra (Goblin Punch)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

IKt

(Assuming the spell works.)

Using the few moments he gained, Ikit imideatly began twisting and pulling varios knobs on his arm. Green lighgtning suddenly began to pour down his arm untill it is enitirely lit up with lightning. With a great bursst it shoots forward towards the dragon, scorcing everyhing in its path.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

5. - Top - End - #95

Deadpool, Mal`ganis, Ikit

There was a deafening roar, and the dragon burst into the clearing the trio were in.
    Or, rather, it burst above the clearing, because the dragon stood at least fifty meters tall. It had fat, almost circular body, giant legs (but no wings), and a long twisting tail covered with spikes. It also had three heads on long plesiosaur-like necks.
    "HERE YOU ARE!", said the middle head.
    Demon fire of Mal`ganis appeared to cause no damage to the dragon. The same was with Ikit`s druidic spell. Demonic bats were still swirling around it.
    "FOOD!" - exclaimed the left head.
    At which point some demonic bats probably entered it`s nostril, because the left head started choking, and then sneezed thunderously, it`s nostrils expelling a ball of fire that knocked most bats out of the air.
    "OH!", said the right head. "YOU DON`T MESS WITH GORYNYCH!"
    And the dragon breathed three straight white-hot streams of fire, aimed to each member of the trio.

6. - Top - End - #96

Mordred, VLRRH

As he stepped into todash, Dan-tete experiences a sense of destination. It was one of things he was meant to do.
    Grim landspace disappeared, replaced by blackness and the sound of chimes. Mordred and Hood flew through the void, towards a place Dan-tete was aiming with his mind.
    However, after a few second, Mordred lost this sense. He was still flying towards his aim, but he suddenly realized he didn`t really knew what was there.
    He also realized he was not in todash. Or even Prime. And wasn`t "Prime" having the same root as "Primary"? There was something wrong here, but he couldn`t put his mind on it.
    Then, right where he was aiming to, an eye of immense size opened, a circle of brilliant blue color.
    "Welcome, travellers, to the Gate of Blue Eternity.", said a cold, detached voice, "Your journey ends here."
    The eye was getting bigger. Mordred tried to stir away from it and found out he could not.
    But when the Gate of Blue Eternity, whatever it was, was about to swallow them, something strange happened in the void. Thousands of things that resembled green tentacles appeared on the edges of the blue eye and started to crawl toward the pupil. The eye`s shine intensified, as if it was trying to burn out the green tentacles, but as they blackened, more and more appeared and crawled forward.
    And suddenly, in a roar of shimes, the Gate collapsed into a violent snarl of blue and green.
    Mordred flight came to a halt. For a few moments he and Riding Hood were suspended in the void, watching the battle of two incomprehensible forces. Then shock wave that was created by the Gate collapse reached them and they were knocked out.
    It felt like Beam wave, but painful. Mordred appeared right above the same stone platform he left a minute ago and fell on his back.
    Half a second later Riding Hood appeared and fell right on him.
    Last edited by Eerie; 2008-01-23 at 04:43 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordred:
    "That's why I don't do that more often."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    There were other programs that were deleted, but they either go quietly or spend the rest of their existence sitting around babbling about causality. Smith's different. He gets deleted and he's like "Hell no, I'm staying. And I'll steal your kernel privileges and spam copies of myself onto every last thing on the hard disk. How d'you like that?"
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

IKIT

with practised ease Ikit jumps to the side, landing in a barrel roll, and imidietly begins muttering incantations to retaliate. He incants a very painfull transmuation designed to turn tyhe target into molten silver. as he finishes the spell he yells Die Beast-thing
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Mal'Ganis Mal'Ganis beat his powerful wings and soared out of range of the breath attack, snarling demonic effigies of hatred for the dragon-creature. He soared over head preparing another mighty spell of fel-energies, and hurled it down at the beast, this time instead of an unholy swarm of demon bats he hurled pure demonic flame, which rippled and churned with unholy power, he drove it into the creatures head, hoping to deal more damage then he had done previously.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-01-23 at 10:52 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

"Oof!" dried out Hood as she fell on top of Spider-Man Mordred. "Y'know, it's customary to buy a girl a drink before you do that."

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordred
    "Shut your mouth. I want ye not and never, ye would-be gillie. Do ye kennit yet?" Mordred rolls his eyes. "Of course not. Ye ken nothing ye want not."
    Last edited by GuesssWho; 2008-01-24 at 04:04 PM.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Deadpool

Deadpool flailed his hands wildly, but stayed stationary. He batted at the fire as if he was a woman in a NASCAR crowd flicking away a massive tire heading straight for her face, and then palming said tire, and yelling something along the lines of "I AM THE HIGHLANDER!". Of course, he didn't, but he wanted to.

13. - Top - End - #103

Wilbur Whately, Bill the Lizard

"...ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn..."
    Several moments after Wilbur said those words, came a sound like a far thunder, or perhaps an explosion at a great distance, and the castle Oneiroi rocked slightly.

What Wilbur didn`t know was that he inadvertently saved Mordred and Hood by uttering those words just at the right moment.

Ole raised an eyebrow.
    "There`s certaintly a resonance to what you said."
    "Yes, my brother probably knew more than I about things that cannot die. He brought dreams to everyone, after all."
    "As for Ivory Tower... it is a nexus of the secondary world, or Imagination, as some call it. The one we are in now, in short. Or at least it was. Some quite radical changes in the structure of the universe occurred during the last few days. Not that it bothers me much, I`m doing my job anywhere, as before..."
    Last edited by Eerie; 2008-01-27 at 03:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wilbur Whately

"Indeed. So, what yer sayin' is... that our world is founded on fergotten dreams... how ver'... poetic. So wait. Ye said that this place is the same way, and thet bein' anchored damaged it... what about th'Tower? Is that damaged as well? asked Wilbur, suddenly grasping the severity of the Tower's manifestation. This world come to an end, not like this!
    I cannot actually think of anything witty to say here.

Proud owner of a Gorbatar

Important 9-11 information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Uncle_Doug View Post
    Wizard: "I move the rock with the power of magic!"
    Psionicist: "I move the rock with the power of my mind!"
    Shadowcaster: "I move the rock with the power of Shadow!"
    Truenamer: "Asknsdfksdfhasdjfhsn!" *rolls a 5* "Blast! Not again."

Trophy Case
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bill the Lizard

Bill slams his cup on the table at this and looks around, a fierce look filling his face. When he speaks the slight slur just seems to worsen his accent. "Dreams? Imagination? Ya seem ta be the ones comfused 'ere." He stands a bit, but wavers so much he falls back into his seat. "I-ah know imaginary. And I know that that isn't it. Imaginary int not tis 'second-world'. It'z the first world that's imaginary."

Bill stands and staggers to the window. "Out there? In the broken horizon? That's what's real. What's befer us. Sa maybah we should stop pretendin' and just go out ta face it, ya know?"
    Gnomish Decker by me! You can find more of my work here!!! Also, my Tumblr, if you're into that
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fell for my firewall, chummer
    The data highways are infinite and I've info left to tread

16. - Top - End - #106

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: "one big fat pile of broken threads" - you get the reference?
    I wonder if I should incorporate the Snarl in the plot.

Wilbur Whately, Bill the Lizard

Ole Lukoie raised his eyebrow again.
    "The tower, I gather, is damaged, as much as everything else is, and being damaged more as we speak. Dark Tower, which was supposed to be a nexus of the Primary world, already fell, so Ivory Tower is probably going to fall as well. Some say it`s collapse is what caused the destruction of the last days, but I think this is an overstatement."
    He turned to Bill.
    "Imagination, dreams and reality are all the same to me. And should be to you, now that all reality you have is one big fat pile of broken threads."
    Ole finished his glass of absinthe and refilled it. It seemed to have no effect on him.
    "I will have to leave to my attend my business soon", he said to both guests, "And since this castle can not properly exist without me inside, it will be better for you to leave, too. I`m not sure how Time will behave here in Oneiroi with my absence."
    "So I could drop you by the Ivory Tower if you want to. Don`t know what you could do there, honestly. It`s fall most certaintly won`t change much."

17. - Top - End - #107

Spoiler
    Show
    Hoorex, I`m sorry to announce that you are dead.

Deadpool, Mal`ganis, Ikit

Three lines of white roaring hot dragon plasma struck the earth, quite close to each other.
    Deadpool, who remained in one place, was almost instantly incinerated, alongside with the hapless gnome. One moment later the left head plunged down and scooped their remains.
    Ikit was not directly hit by the fire, but his clothes were neverteless ignited by the hot air. His transmutaion spell started to melt the huge scales on the lower parts of the dragon, but Gorynych paid no attention.
    Mal`ganis evaded the fire completely. As he rose above the dead forest, he caught a glimpse of something at the horizon, some dark brown spot covered with little sparkling dots. It could be a city, perhaps one the now deceased gnome mentioned, but he had no time to investigate.
    Gorynych middle head evaded his spell. It struck the dragon`s back instead, but only thing that seemed to affect the dragon was spell`s physical momentum, which made Gorynych legs buckle for a moment. Unholy fire flew harmlessly down his back, making his scales, that were turning increasingly silvery, to shine. Wide patches of forest around him were being ignited.
    "FIRE?", laughed the middle head, "WE LOVE FIRE!!!"
    "I`LL PROVIDE ANTI-AIRCRAFT SUPPORT!!!", bellowed the right head cheerfully.
    It, and the left head, started to spit small balls of fire at Mal`ganis at high speed, while the middle head went down and breathed fire on Ikit, this time less hot, but in a conus about ten meters wide.
    Last edited by Eerie; 2008-02-01 at 01:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

IKIT

IKit did the only thing he could, Jump back as far as he could landing in a Barrel roll, hold up one of the protective amulets he was wearing, quickly mutter a CDathayen charm of luck and protection and pray to the horned one that his warp-stone armours fire-retardent properties are enough to withstand whatever gets through.
    The end effect is him huddled as far away as he could get, holding up a glowing green amulet and surronded by a glowing golden shimmer.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

double post..
    Last edited by puppyavenger; 2008-02-01 at 01:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Mal'Ganis

Mal'Ganis threw up a barrier between the fire and him, and darted back quickly then down toward the forest, when he hovered only feet above the tree-tops he charged his arms with the pure power of the Void, drawing the icy cold darkness of the Demons unholy berth-place into a ball of pure energy, black and swirling with evil and corruption, what appeared to be screaming demon visages appeared in the ball of energy, and the temperature dropped until hoarfrost began to appear on Mal'Ganis' skin and the surrounding trees, then he hurled it with all his strength into the dragons side, and just as he hurled the ball of dark energies he began summoning the aid of his demonic allies, chanting dark arcane phrases that would make the ears of mortals bleed. When his chanting ceased a drake, seeming to be made of the same material as the energy he just hurled at the great 3 headed beast, it was larger than Mal'Ganis, but not as large as a true Dragon, the Nether Drake flew at the left head of the great beast, screeching unholy cacophonies of bird-like squawks.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

21. - Top - End - #111

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: And so, the madness is rising...

Mordred, VLRRH

"Ho-ho-ho! Marry Christmas, children!"
    Another figure appeared on the stone platform, distracting Mordred and Hood from the row they were probably going to have.
    "Sorry to interrupt you. I am Father Christmas."
    In any case, the figure was looking exactly like Father Christmas, with red coat,black leather boots and belt, long white beard and a big sack on his shoulder.
    "I`ve brought you nice presents. And I`ll tell you that, you don`t look like kids who ever received presents before".
    Last edited by Eerie; 2008-02-01 at 04:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordred
    "The insanity continues. Ah, well . . . so, what have you to give us, sai? I'd be glad for thy gifts if they're of use to us."
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

"Aww...all I want for Christmas is you...to get the hell out of my way! Make with the presents, Santa! Yay! Teehee!"

*sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Mordred
    "See?" Mordred mutters to himself. "The insanity is never-ending indeed."
    He smiles at 'Father Christmas'. "I know not what is 'Christmas', save that it's a holy day of some kind, but I'd be glad to have thy gifts. As would yon ka-mai, as ye may ken for yourself. Now grant us thy gifts, say thankya!"
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race

25. - Top - End - #115

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Cerebus, just pretend that encounter with Napoleon never happened

Cerebus, GlaDOS

Cerebus was still wandering, drunk, through the dead forest, when he heard a faint sounds of explosions and roar of fire. It sounded like someone was fighting somewhere in the distance. It didn`t bother him, and he kept going.
    Few minutes later he saw before himself some kind of shimmering wall or layer of air, much like the air above a road in a hot summer day. Trees behind the wall were distorted.
    Cerebus walked right through it, and the sounds were cut off. In the same moment he experienced a very strong vertigo. Cerebus fell to his knees and vomited, and felt like his drunkenness was suddenly drained away.
    He stood up again, and found out that something changed. He was still in the dead forest, but right in front of him it wasn`t particularly dead.
    What we saw was a lush and dense garden, surrounded by a low iron wall. There was a gate in the wall. A gate made of gold.
    On a golden arch just above the gate, words were etched:

Shall find their heart's desire and find despair

As Cerebus observed the gate and the garden, orange oval aperture suddenly opened in the air above him, and through it various mysterious objects rained, almost banging his head.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: GlaDOS, I think at this point you should describe exactly what you came with...

26. - Top - End - #116

Mal`ganis, Ikit

As Ikit`s defensive charm kicked into power, it`s gold shimmer deflected the fire of the middle head. Seeing this, it roared again and went right for him from above, with it`s mouth opened.
    However, it also breated a huge fireball in Ikit`s direction. This was counter-productive, because as the fireball collided with the ground two meters near Ikit, the ensuing explosion threw Ikit high into the air, and he went up right past the middle head as it went down and snapped the ground fruitlessly.
    Meanwhile, the ball of ice energy that Mal`ganis threw struck the dragon`s side. Once again, the physical moment of the spell made Gorynych stagger, but the cold brought no harm to him. It only made the molten silver that was streaming from him to freeze in long stripes, making the dragon to look a little like zebra.
    Nether Drake that Mal`ganis summoned darted straight towards the left head. The head paused for a moment, letting the drake come near, and as the drake was about to sink it`s claws into it, the head spitted out a very concentrated, if not very hot lump of fire. The drake was deflected backward and, in an astonishing turn of events, collided with Ikit is he started to fall towards the ground.
    The middle head watched the scene with an amused expression on its "face".

"Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.
    From what I’ve tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To know that for destruction ice
    Is also great
    And would suffice."

Said the middle head.
    "Only in our case it would not suffice.", it added.
    "OH, WHY WON`T YOU FUKKING DIE ALREADY!", cried both left and right heads synchronously.
    This time, left and right head went for Mal`ganis, one from above, the other from below, while the middle head breathed another conus of fire at him.

27. - Top - End - #117

Mordred, VLRRH

"Ho-ho-ho! I see you are eager to receive the presents. Well, I`m not going to let you wait!"
    Father Christmas approached Mordred first.
    "You don`t know what Christmas is, you say?", he asked. "Well, it is a great celebration of faith. And speaking of faith, here is your gift."
    He plunged his hand into the sack and presented Dan-tete with a silver compass.
    "This compass is special", he said. "It will guide you towards what you seek. Just hope you don`t get too much of it."
    "For you, darling, I have this little gadget", said Father Christmas, now turning to Riding Hood.
    "I trust that a modern girl like you will love it."
    And he handed her a little red cellphone with a colorful ribbon.
    "And for both of you I have this fine cake", he said and pulled out a large chocolate cake on a tray from his sack.
    "It is rather unclassical, but baked by a great chef. You both will find it so delicious and moist... Marry Christmas, children!"
    With those words, "Father Christmas", whoever he was, evaporated into thin air, leaving only the cake on the floor.

Spoiler
    Show
    There, now you know who took the cake.

Actually, you don`t know.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

IKIT
    Remembering the way warp-fire hurt the things, Ikit starts turning knobs and levers on his claw. Soon arcs of green lightning cover every inch of his body. When he releases them, he simultaneously turns his warp-fire thrower up to full. A torrent of warp lightning and flame burst out of his claw. With enough power to kill an ogre chieftain every half second. Aimed at the heads and the base of its neck as much as possible from the constantly moving firing platform. after around 30 seconds it dies down. After it ended Ikit punctuates this it by several warplock rounds aimed at the thing middle heads.
    Hopefully this will kill the thing economically: smallsmile:
    Spoiler
    Show

Playing

Dragon Avatar by Serp

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

GLaDOS

The objects are a tangled heap of metal; several metal orbs around a foot in diameter bounce and roll away from the other, less circular objects, coming to a halt once the momentum is gone. A pair of metal ovals on tripods, perhaps two feet high, clatter across the ground; and lastly, a white square of plastic precisely 2' 6" to a side lands perfectly underneath the orange aperture, holding upright a white plastic pole maybe four feet high, with a peculiar-looking device mounted atop it. Several other oddball pieces of machinery fall through with less grace, lying there inert. The orange-rimmed hole in the air remains open, quite possibly affronting the laws of physics. And certainly sucking in air, from the noise it makes.

Lights of varying colors light up on the metal orbs, and the hole contracts to a tiny orange dot, which zooms back to the strange device and remains there as a peculiar glow.

"Analyzing universe," a cool feminine tone says. "Oxygen content: 20%. Nitrogen content: 78%. Argon content: 1%. Carbon dioxide content: <1%. Atmospheric correlation established. Estimated probability of familiar life: <.0001%. Circumstantial evidence to the contrary can therefore be treated as a statistical anomaly."

Apparently satisfied with this, the voice falls silent. The device begins spinning slowly on its mount.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

"A shame he left so soon," says Mordred. "I'm hungry. Ah, well-at least we have the sweet."
    He tears off two pieces of cake and offers Red one. The other he eats himself, with the quickness that a life of starvation grants.
    Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh!
    Degeneration 91
    Homebrew:
    Anglermaids

Wendigo Race