New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - Day 2

The Rodian has been tinkering with a small device in the corner. It looks like a flare gun, but is covered in dials and antennae.

He waves it around tentatively, waiting for a response, but nothing is forthcoming. He stuffs it back into a jacket pocket and walks over to the Protocol droid.

"Numpaa, koon'ta plooti daaynu!" he laughs, "Kapta nooka buusa nafasa tu'looku, boosa tuun ploct'ee foona beedu. Punchaa doonka pusaa t'linga funsa. Buusa nupa yunna fuupo bolkeo." <Now, I hope you don't think I'm trying to take advantage of you!> <I just want you to help me, you see, I only speak Huttese, but on this dustbowl that puts me at a disadvantage. Cultural mistrust and all that. I just want you to give me a hand here, I need a translator, since this fish I was sold is a dud.>

The Rodian sits down next to the droid and pulls an ugly looking fish out of his ear-hole and puts it on the table, where it flops about a bit.

<I think it was that Captain Nibbleswick who sold it to me. He said it would translate for me. It doesn't work though. Lousy, no good, swindling, beatni....>

He leans back and continues his muttering, glaring angrily about the canteena for the so-called 'Captain'.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

<Oh dear, I'm sorry, my good sir,> B-RGR says, <but the Babelfish scam has been running for some time now. I am quite frankly surprised that you were not aware of that.>
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2007-12-06 at 06:37 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

"I agree with you B-RGR, that scum who sold you the translator must give you your money back..." says Palorin, and after that, he leaves the cantina for a while.
    Last edited by Heroic; 2007-12-06 at 08:15 PM.

Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

Formerly known as Hero 1.0

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

The Mandalorian feels a sudden tug at his belt, and reaches down to grab the nimble fingers that were trying to pinch the belt pouch.

What've we got here? A little rat? Right then, run little rat.

He throws the little ewok to the floor, and draws his heavy blaster, standing to aim better.

I said...run.

The ewok, eyes wide, begins to run back and forth across the cantina, though legs and under tables, knocking over drinks, beings, and tables. The blaster shots from the Mandalorian follow him through the cantina. As other beings come into the line of fire, they see the target, and pull out their own blasters to fire. The inside of the cantina becomes more hazardous to move in than a mine field!

In the aftermath of the spontaneous fight, the bodies are counted, and are surprisingly few (which tells something of the quality of shooting going on, hazards of time spent in a bar? ):

North was lynched. He was a rebel (villager).
    Khaldan was caught in the crossfire (autolynched). He was a Huttese Gangster.
    Strategos was caught in the crossfire (autolynched). He was an Imperial agent.
    There is one other body found. It is unidentifiable due to the number of blaster shots it took. The only person not accounted for who was in the cantina when the fight broke out was Ezlo. There is not enough left of the body to identify his role, if he had one.

The Mandalorian is seen calmly leaving the scene, leaving the clean up for the staff.

Still got it.

Night Begins Now and Ends in 24 hours, or when all Night Actions have been received. PM all actions to myself and to Andre.
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2007-12-06 at 09:45 PM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

5. - Top - End - #125
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Mafia IV - Star Wars - Night 2

(Heh. Is that "We're not going to autolynch him, but he's not in the game anymore, but if he is able to come back we want to be able to give him his original role" for Ezlo?)
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Halfling in the Playground

Once again the Evnafets' bandwagon theorum holds true. Unfortunately once again it fails to derail a bandwagon.

I still think Topher is VERY suspect, I will be pointing at him next day, and hope many of you follow me to give him a well deserved lynching.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    (Heh. Is that "We're not going to autolynch him, but he's not in the game anymore, but if he is able to come back we want to be able to give him his original role" for Ezlo?)

(Heh. No, that's a 'he's out of the game and we've probably reassigned his role but are not sharing to protect the innocent.')

(We have all the inputs - a record I think at how fast Now we just need to write the kill scenes. I'll have the update as soon as possible, but it probably won't be until at least 7:00 Eastern Standard (-5 GMT).
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-12-07 at 07:10 AM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    "Hello Radikal, it is wrong of you to impersiante a jedi. But it's also wrong to be Shadow."
    I don't think I could have said it better, the sith thought to himself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here we go again with the "It's day two so let's kill Shadow" idea.
    And I missed day two completely unfortunately.
    All of the veteran players trhat joined the beginnings of a bandwagon against me....
    You're all on my radar....
    Too bad I'm not online often enough lately to make that a credible threat.
    But just so you know, I'm watching you.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Night time at the Mos Eisley Cantina.

The card game was a constant – players would wait their turn, and be shuffled in, would win big – or lose big, and leave the table. The next person in line would have their shot, and more than likely leave their weekly earnings on the table. The pot grew larger and larger until the Mandalorian Bounty Hunter killed three people and an ewok. After the dust settled, and the blood was wiped away, the game began again. Two extremely disgruntled players left with the intention of exacting some revenge - on each other.

A short distance away...
    A road block command post sergeant hears one person say “He knows where Leia is! Capture him and he’ll tell you!”

Meanwhile...
    On the Jabba the Hutt’s slave barge the subject of that first conversation was lucky enough to have an audience with Jabba the Hutt himself “He knows where Han Solo is! If you grab him, he’ll tell you everything!”

Jabba’s senior captain devised a plan to capture their quarry, devised a message to draw the quarry, and gave the directions to this gangsters. “Give him this message, and make sure you get him and the landspeeder…” (at this moment an Imperial dropship landed at the spaceport and the underling didn’t hear the following) “…and bring him to Jabba.”

His underling unfortunately took that plan the he heard and added a bomb.

The plan in action:

The radio crackled “Mik likn dee moh.” (The landspeeder is in place.)

“Now say over, over.”

A little man moved out of sight into an alley way, but staying near enough to the landspeeder.

“Sigh. Mik likn dee moh…ovah” (Sigh. The landspeeder is in place…over.)

On top of an apartment building a block away, the other end of the radio conversation responded “Excellent, now stay out of sight, over.”

“Drup qwin jr dee “ovah?” (Why do I have to say “over”?)

“Say over again, over.”

“Grrr…Drup qwin jr dee “ovah?” ovah” (Grrr… Why do I have to say “over”, over.)

“That way I know your message is over, over….”

The two continued to argue for the next 20 minutes and breaking radio silence until they saw their quarry – upon which they immediately blew up their bomb killing…

Spoiler
    Show

Figran D'An (Vampiric) was killed by the Huttese Gangsters. Figran D'An (Vampiric) was a Rebel (Villager).

Meanwhile the Imperial Agents rounded up their own target and were moving him to a location for “interrogation.”

“Princess who? What are you talking about? I have no clue as to who that is, or why that pertains to anything. Hey what is that thing dropping on me…”

Spoiler
    Show

The bomb that blew up Vampiric was so powerful it lifted the landspeeder into the air, moved it two blocks, where it landed on Helgraf. Since he was in Imperial Agent custody, and they were going to kill him anyway, Helgraf was killed by Imperial Agents. Helgraf was a Rebel (Villager).

At the stardock, a scruffy smuggler smiles and acts as if he belongs right where he is – for he really does. He thought everything was cleared with the Hutt, but obviously the Hutt had a longer memory than Han had money in the bank account. Being a rebel sure didn’t pay well.

“Uh oh. There looks like there’s someone messing with the Millennium Falcon… who is that guy?” Han walked up to the figure that looks like he’s checking over some forms.

The man dressed in red looking at the Millenium Falcon's forms says “Can I help you?”

“Yes” and with that word Han Solo drew his pistol and shot the person. “Please don’t touch my ship.”

Spoiler
    Show

Captain Picard (Banjo1985) was killed by Han Solo. Han drew first, and no amount of cinematic revisionism by Lucas is going to change that. Banjo1985 was an Imperial Agent.

Day 3 Starts Now - 48 Hours to Vote
    Day 3 will end at 8:00PM EST (-5 GMT) Sunday Dec 9th
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-12-07 at 07:47 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Barbarian in the Playground

Its day three.

Therefore, Rule of Shadow.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Korias View Post
    Its day three.

Therefore, Rule of Shadow.
    The rule of shadow is bull and everyone knows it.

It sounds like you are just trying to divert attention from someone else.

Didn't jontom say we should point at topher.

Unless someone comes up with something better that's a good enough target for me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

12. - Top - End - #132

Agh! Wakka!

Says the ghost of the Ewok through the Force.
    Last edited by North; 2007-12-07 at 08:22 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Elel looks around puzzled.
    He has heard about this 'Rule of Shadow' several times and only has a vague idea as to what it is about.
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2007-12-07 at 08:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

As for now, I suspect of topher, he looks edgy.
    Said Palorin

Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

Formerly known as Hero 1.0

15. - Top - End - #135

The little Sith lady looks daggers at Shadow, another Sith, by his poor attempt at a swagger, one of the new breed. She doesn't understand this "Rule of Shadow" business either so she points at Topher and tries to force choke him

"What's in this empty box ?"
    "Youth and talent is no match for age and treachery."
    Mechwarrior by Elder Tsofu

16. - Top - End - #136

Oh hey, turns out banjo was a bad guy!
    I lived through the Invasion of the Zombies and all I got was this lousy signature thingie made by a lazy narrator. Go me!
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

"Korias, weird, I find, that in the Rule of Shadow you believe. Wrong, it has proved itself to be, and in the Force, we should believe instead.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Elel hears allot about this topher guy, and everyone talks like they think he has done something bad.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

We seem to be forgetting that there is an exception to the Rule of Shadow, and that's not the case here.

Points at Shadow

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

I would like to say that the odds of this Rule of Shadow existing are approximately eighty-five hundred to one! B-RGR shifts uneasily at the continued presence of the Rodian (Dr. Bath).

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #141

Why's everyone so afraid of this Shadow guy? Maybe he's exactly what we need to get rid of the twerp and capture his pikachu!
    Meowth continues hiding under the table to observe this Shadow character while wondering why Korias is so keen to get rid of him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

22. - Top - End - #142

(Eldritch Knight: Although the rule of Shadow seems like a flawed and easily-manipulated theory to me, I'm curious enough to ask about the 'exception' to it that you mentioned earlier.)

Statement: I say we point an accusatory finger - as well as our blaster rifles - at androgial. His presence is an insult to my sensors.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Korias, follow not that rule."

24. - Top - End - #144

PirateCaptain

I find it odd that Fleeing Coward isn't trying to commit suicide this game. Never trust someone who changes their normal behavior. Course this means FC could be r2, threepio,han,leia,vader,or jabba, or a jedi at this point in the game.
    This is my BRUTE'S MINICITY

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

"Really Raiser_B1ade, just why should we listen to anybody who tells us who to point at? Have you perhaps thought that Jontom is Huttese? Or Imperial? And that perhaps he wants topher out of the way. I refuse to go along that way, and I hope you are smart enought to decide for your self, not because somebody tells you so."
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

26. - Top - End - #146

PaladinGuy

For those of you who don't know, the "Rule of Shadow" as it applies to werewolf games is (as I undestand it)

"If Shadow is alive after two nights, lynch him because he is obviously a wolf"

Shadow has developed a reputation as a canny player, and thus has been targeted by "wolves" early on for a night kill. The reasoning behind the rule of Shadow is that if the wolves haven't targeted him, he must be on their side.
    Personally I think its had too much publicity, and the Gangsters/Imperials are both counting to lynch him today.

evnafets points at Korias for invoking the rule of Shadow
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by androgial View Post
    I find it odd that Fleeing Coward isn't trying to commit suicide this game. Never trust someone who changes their normal behavior. Course this means FC could be r2, threepio,han,leia,vader,or jabba, or a jedi at this point in the game.
    To be fair, I only tried to do that in 2 games during my exam period - Mafia and Vampire, both games where unfortunately I had to wait for a long time before someone decided to come back and kill me after the initial lynch attempts failed.
    I find it equally as strange that you've decided to accuse me 3 days in a row of been a hutt even though noone but the jedis, hutts and imperials could know about other's roles on the first day (barring those with well established long term networks of course). Is there a reason you want me to die that badly?
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2007-12-08 at 05:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by evnafets View Post
    For those of you who don't know, the "Rule of Shadow" as it applies to werewolf games is (as I undestand it)

"If Shadow is alive after two nights, lynch him because he is obviously a wolf"

Shadow has developed a reputation as a canny player, and thus has been targeted by "wolves" early on for a night kill. The reasoning behind the rule of Shadow is that if the wolves haven't targeted him, he must be on their side.
    Personally I think its had too much publicity, and the Gangsters/Imperials are both counting to lynch him today.

evnafets points at Korias for invoking the rule of Shadow
    This would be the exception I mentioned previously. When there are multiple groupings of wolves, lynching Shadow works in favor of either one or both of them, depending on what his actual role is. However, this exception does not apply here as Shadow appears to have not done anything to merit suspicion, and that causes the Rule of Shadow to be fully valid in this case.

29. - Top - End - #149

(Ah so that's the rule of shadow, is there any other rules around?)

(Looking back on the day I see banjo who was an imperial agent point at shadow, which makes it seem that shadow is just a normal person, however he could of just been jumping along the bandwagon. Or he could of decided shadow was going to get lynched because of said rule and just gone with the bandwagon even if he was an imperial... *blurble*)

Kasz sits around tinkering with a box like object before giving up and looking around at all the pointing fingers, he spies Timberwolf looking and at Shadow with something like hatred in her eyes while using an odd looking point at Topher. "That's an odd looking way to point, is it a custom or something?"
    I lived through the Invasion of the Zombies and all I got was this lousy signature thingie made by a lazy narrator. Go me!
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

30. - Top - End - #150

Today I met this Eldritch Knight guy. He confuses me. Told me nothing about the Falcon but meant I should kill Shadow because he's living. I explained him that I don't want to be involved in this stupid fight of Imperialists against Huttese, I only want to get the Falcon. Than he laught and shut the door. The last thing I heard was "Than meet Korias, if you want to".
    Think I will do that tomorrow.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show