New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: OOC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

I think so, yes.

Marc's done some other things like directing Milo to collect cleaning supplies, including bleach and water and mops, to clean up the splattered Shriek, while she's also keeping an eye out for any returning Star Guard operatives.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

In response to Havals question, Marc will do another Mind Scan (The rogue trader version, page 164). Last time, from this post, Bennosuke said there are 3-4 people in the house, so Marc is trying to be more precise.

This power has no Threshold, so it's a straight vs base roll (correct me if I'm wrong)

Mind Scan: (1d100)[58] vs TN 90

That's 3 successes.

Marc knows "the number, general location and relative 'strength' of conscious minds within the area of effect and may determine if those minds are themselves psykers with a successful Challenging (+0) Psynisicence Test; plus the psyker may attempt to initiate telepathic communication with any of the minds he has sensed in the area."

So she knows all the minds within a 1km radius, she knows how many there are and their general location and 'strength' of each mind.

So, is there anyone else within Drimmles house?
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-26 at 09:17 PM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Arl pretended to think about Pip's offer, then smiled drunkenly. "Done. Twenny thrones now, anudder twenny when I know 'e's comin', the balance when the deed is done."
    @Wynde: Not sure if you are trying to bargain or trick Pip here, or if Arl is really just drunk enough to think 20+20=100. Or if I am missing something. If there is some form of bargain/trickery involved, can I have an appropriate roll? You can have a +20 for Pip's inebriation.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    In response to Havals question, Marc will do another Mind Scan (The rogue trader version, page 164). Last time, from this post, Bennosuke said there are 3-4 people in the house, so Marc is trying to be more precise.

This power has no Threshold, so it's a straight vs base roll (correct me if I'm wrong)

Mind Scan: [roll0] vs TN 90

That's 3 successes.

Marc knows "the number, general location and relative 'strength' of conscious minds within the area of effect and may determine if those minds are themselves psykers with a successful Challenging (+0) Psynisicence Test; plus the psyker may attempt to initiate telepathic communication with any of the minds he has sensed in the area."

So she knows all the minds within a 1km radius, she knows how many there are and their general location and 'strength' of each mind.

So, is there anyone else within Drimmles house?
    Hey Banana, sorry to slow things down, do you mean Mind Scan or something else? The version of Mind Scan we used was on page 179 of the core book, which is what Marcella used to interrogate one of the guards earlier. I imagine you are thinking of a different power? If so, please give me a page number as well.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh sorry, this is the one from the Rogue Trader book we agreed to bring over.

Sorry for this constant confusion as they're both called the same thing. So from now on whenever Marc is doing her interrogation hand to the head Mind Scan Ill call it "Dark Heresy Mind Scan". If she's doing the mentally scan the area one, Ill call it "Rogue Trader Mind Scan". So she'd be doing the Rogue Trader Mind Scan (full rules for which sre on page 164 of the Rogue Trader core rulebook.

Again, sorry for the confusion each time.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-27 at 03:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    @Wynde: Not sure if you are trying to bargain or trick Pip here, or if Arl is really just drunk enough to think 20+20=100. Or if I am missing something. If there is some form of bargain/trickery involved, can I have an appropriate roll? You can have a +20 for Pip's inebriation.
    20 Thrones right this instant.
    20 Thrones when Pip informs me that the Rogue Trader is en route / expected.
    60 Thrones when I get on the ship.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Oh sorry, this is the one from the Rogue Trader book we agreed to bring over.

Sorry for this constant confusion as they're both called the same thing. So from now on whenever Marc is doing her interrogation hand to the head Mind Scan Ill call it "Dark Heresy Mind Scan". If she's doing the mentally scan the area one, Ill call it "Rogue Trader Mind Scan". So she'd be doing the Rogue Trader Mind Scan (full rules for which sre on page 164 of the Rogue Trader core rulebook.

Again, sorry for the confusion each time.
    No worries. I would appreciate that clarification in the future, as I am sometimes trying to post from work in a more limited window to keep games too held up, which of course means I have less attention and less access to all of my books and notes to cross reference.

20 Thrones right this instant.
    20 Thrones when Pip informs me that the Rogue Trader is en route / expected.
    60 Thrones when I get on the ship.
    Gotcha!
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So, with the way the thread is progressing, I'm imagining Marcella using available cleaning materials, chemicals and Drimmle's doubtless enormous bathtub, plastic sheets, to melt down Trask and Shrieks remains into a soup she'll flush down the drain. She'll wear her gas mask while doing it and embark upon the procedure as a stylish montage with juxtaposed cheery music.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-29 at 07:20 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is something very dark about how this game is turning out... ironically, very 40k appropriate
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

laughs manically

milo will be doing a small jig while mopping up the blood

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

There is something very dark about how this game is turning out... ironically, very 40k appropriate
    Heh the alternative I thought of was to wrap Trask in plastic, cast Call Item on him, hide him in Drimmles house, then on the way back to base, summon him over a railing or something so he'd just materialise and fall down one of the kilometer deep ciry chasms. If that's a better alternative (say if necessary caustic chemical aren't available) she'll do that instead.

Also, what gear was Trask carrying?

We'll prolly take it all and the rest back to base with that grey van. Could probably take the bomb as well, even if the detonating mechanism is a dud, we could repair it and use it later or sell it.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-30 at 03:36 PM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Heh the alternative I thought of was to wrap Trask in plastic, cast Call Item on him, hide him in Drimmles house, then on the way back to base, summon him over a railing or something so he'd just materialise and fall down one of the kilometer deep ciry chasms. If that's a better alternative (say if necessary caustic chemical aren't available) she'll do that instead.
    Eh, I imagine the average person wouldn't have chemicals corrosive enough to dissolve a corpse in general... though what would I know. But I'm happy to say that maybe he picked some up in case things went south and he had to hide your bodies...

Also, what gear was Trask carrying?

We'll prolly take it all and the rest back to base with that grey van. Could probably take the bomb as well, even if the detonating mechanism is a dud, we could repair it and use it later or sell it.
    Heavy stubber,, plenty of ammo, 2 frag grenades, Flak armor 3 on arms, body, and legs; ID badge, a couple of vials of stimm, and a comm.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Eh, I imagine the average person wouldn't have chemicals corrosive enough to dissolve a corpse in general... though what would I know. But I'm happy to say that maybe he picked some up in case things went south and he had to hide your bodies...
    Ahh, Sodium Hydroxide would be the most available, I think. Mix it with some water and it'll turn him into a soup, and weaken the bones enough that they can be ground up and flushed down too.

Heavy stubber,, plenty of ammo, 2 frag grenades, Flak armor 3 on arms, body, and legs; ID badge, a couple of vials of stimm, and a comm.
    Splendid, Marc is wearing that comm in her ear. I suggest Arl gets the armor after we resize it a bit, Marc'll pocket the stimm (medicae trained), we'll pile the rest and unless someone wants the grenades we'll sell the stubber and ammo.

We'll also run an ID check when able.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-30 at 04:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I imagine you would need A LOT of commercial strength NaOH or a lot of time to get that much done... though again, that is just conjecture. Even as a physician that's not something I have the training to know anything about. That said, I'm still good saying he has industrial strength acids prepared in case he had to hide your bodies. Have fun having that conversation with him.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I imagine you would need A LOT of commercial strength NaOH or a lot of time to get that much done... though again, that is just conjecture. Even as a physician that's not something I have the training to know anything about. That said, I'm still good saying he has industrial strength acids prepared in case he had to hide your bodies. Have fun having that conversation with him.
    Ahh, that's a shame, as a big advantage of sodium hydroxide is that you can flush it drain the drain with plenty of water. Can't do that with acids as it'll corrode/eat through the pipes, so you have to transport and dispose of it elsewhere. Well in that case he's probably got the right plastics available too (probably several large drums), to actually contain the reaction. If he did have a workable plan in mind, my guess is there'll be bonesaws available too, to section the corpse and increase the surface area exposed to the dissociating chemicals to hasten the reaction.

Well, I guess his big bathroom is becoming Marcellas little shop of horrors for the next couple of hours as she adds "Corpse Disposal" to her list of party roles lol.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-10-30 at 04:53 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sounds like a plan... a very dark and disturbing plan.

On that note, do you think such a task would be worth a fear roll? Something that can't be good for the psyche from a 40k/lovecraftian sanity perspective.

EDIT: Also, can you tell that none of my patients are showing up today?
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2023-10-30 at 04:57 PM.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Sounds like a plan... a very dark and disturbing plan.

On that note, do you think such a task would be worth a fear roll? Something that can't be good for the psyche from a 40k/lovecraftian sanity perspective.

Yeah it's not particularly pleasant to think about lol. Luckily I've got a dark sense of humor, so it's kinda morosely funny talking about it in the context of an RPG.

He probably had some destination in mind for actually removing and dumping the final "product". If he didn't, then that means we'd have several large drums full of acidic mutant smoothies, so we might be better off with the Call Item plan. Marc just warps then in plastic, paints her runes over them, chants a it, then later "summons" then over a railing somewhere in the middle of nowhere and let gravity do the rest.

Well she is a Psyker with 55 willpower, which is crazy good for a human. Maybe as justification for taking the Jaded talent soon? Lol

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

S
    Maybe they found out you were talking online about corpse disposal? Lol

"I swear your Honor, it was just a role play game!"

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't seen that episode of Breaking Bad in a long time but I seem to remember whatever they did to dispose of the body eating through the bath and the upstairs floor.

In any case, Orla is staying out of this unless somebody needs something from her.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That makes me think that there could be a furnace?

Big house like this, renovating it etc. There could be a furnace for cadaver disposal.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Could someone explain to me why we’re the ones disposing of corpses in Drimmle’s house? Seems to me they’re his problem to explain away, not ours.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Mostly because it's a big problem, and given what a valuable link in our investigation Drimmle is, it makes sense to go out of our way to help cover for him. If he's put under scrutiny in public, he's likely to crack to save face, putting out investigation at risk.

Plus it helps oil the diplomatic wheels. The guy is the money-man behind the whole operation. The amount of evidence he could produce is huge. Making his life a tad easier helps that happen.

Though if Hound tells Marc to do otherwise IC, she'll listen, given that she thinks he's the leader lol.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

If this is supposed to make him warm up to us, then you might want to have Marc mention what a favour we're doing him. He doesn't seem to be showing much appreciation for her efforts so far!

Also, given his reaction to helping out so far, I think we're going to need some powerfully persuasive arguments to get him to return to our side and not try to pull another fast one on us. At the moment, it feels like pretty long odds that he'll continue cooperating at all, let alone take any more risks...

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It's not so much being his friend and helping him out hah, it's more just covering our tracks. Without us to do this, who's going to get rid of the bodies? Is Drimmle going to do it? How? If he messes up then that brings the attention of the authorities and it'll likely get back to Lord Durchiss.

Granted, I could be overthinking this and this is just a situation where Drimmle "just does it" off screen, because this is an RPG and not real life lol.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

look, i need milo to be autopiloted again. im up to my ears in games

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    It's not so much being his friend and helping him out hah, it's more just covering our tracks. Without us to do this, who's going to get rid of the bodies? Is Drimmle going to do it? How? If he messes up then that brings the attention of the authorities and it'll likely get back to Lord Durchiss.

Granted, I could be overthinking this and this is just a situation where Drimmle "just does it" off screen, because this is an RPG and not real life lol.
    Drimmle managed to hire himself a protection detail, two mutie killers, and rig a bomb in his house, presumably without being found out by Durchess. OOC, I think he knows people who could dump the bodies for him, no questions asked.

IC, Hound has no objections to Marc's plan, but if Marc really does want to use her actions to get Drimmle on our side, then I still think she needs to make that argument IC. His current agenda seems to be the same as when he ambushed us - make sure this is the last time he ever has to deal with us.

@Bennosuke
    Hound has nothing further to say right now. He'll wait to see how Drimmle responds to Arl's question.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Well she is a Psyker with 55 willpower, which is crazy good for a human. Maybe as justification for taking the Jaded talent soon? Lol
    I would suggest that is actually the reason to suggest a roll. Having a high WP doesn't mean she's not at risk, just that she is more likely to come out unscathed, and since she doesn't have Jaded yet, let's have a fear roll please if you are going to go through with dismembering a corpse and dissolving the pieces. Since this is a choice, we can take the roll at +30.

Otherwise, let me know how you want to proceed.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Drimmle managed to hire himself a protection detail, two mutie killers, and rig a bomb in his house, presumably without being found out by Durchess. OOC, I think he knows people who could dump the bodies for him, no questions asked.

IC, Hound has no objections to Marc's plan, but if Marc really does want to use her actions to get Drimmle on our side, then I still think she needs to make that argument IC. His current agenda seems to be the same as when he ambushed us - make sure this is the last time he ever has to deal with us.

@Bennosuke
    Hound has nothing further to say right now. He'll wait to see how Drimmle responds to Arl's question.
    It's a fair enough point. I don't think Drimmle wants to draw attention either, and one of his Star Forge goons is bound to be shifty enough to do the job for money.

Alright, Marc'll just supervise Milo cleaning the splatter up from shriek and blood stains from Trask, then she'll get Milo to wrap Trask in plastic sheets and store him where Drimmle can handle him later.

I would suggest that is actually the reason to suggest a roll. Having a high WP doesn't mean she's not at risk, just that she is more likely to come out unscathed, and since she doesn't have Jaded yet, let's have a fear roll please if you are going to go through with dismembering a corpse and dissolving the pieces. Since this is a choice, we can take the roll at +30.

Otherwise, let me know how you want to proceed.
    As mentioned, probably won't bother anymore, as darkly humorous as that line was going .

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Free from dismemberment and acid-melting duties, and not a part of the initial interrogation of Drimmle and having set Milo onto his duties, Marc will inspect the rest of the house.

Awareness: (1d100)[98] vs TN 43

Pffft. Pretty house is pretty.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-11-01 at 07:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Marcella wanders around the mansion, repeatedly bumping into furniture she doesn't see ?
    Show